Bic Acoustech vs Klipsch a non bias review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-29-2005, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am the proud owner of two brands that share similarities but just can't seem to get along. Every time im on a thread where Bic Acoustech and Klipsch are being compared things seem to turn ugly. Being the proud owner of both I think that both of these brands have great things to offer, likewise the similarities they share will nly help the quality of future products to come from both companys.
Bic Acoustech is a developing company whos latest line of speakers is causing controversy because of their resemblance to the Klipsch speakers, however the two are very different. If one compares both lines of speakers then it becomes obvious that there is no banger of Bics line being mistaken for a Klipsch, the colors are similar but Bic uses much more of an orange while Klipsch is starting to turn to silver. Bic also has a unique black finish on their speakers that is not seen on many speakers.
The looks cause controversy, however it is the comparison of sound that makes Klipsch owners become defensive. Having listened to both I can tell you "yes they both sound similar", but thats because both carry horn tweeters that have a unique sound. Now I must say I have taken apart both products and both are equally impressive as far as craftsmenship is concerned. As far as sound im going to have to say that when it comes to the speakers Klipsch does have the better sounding like, although not by much at all. The reason I think this is because Klipsch has been in the business for quite some time and has worked out any problems while Bic is still finding their feet, but i do expect some very big things to come from from Bic Acoustech. As far as subwoofers are concerned I own both Klipsch and the BIC H-100 and I have to say that Bic has the best subwoofer, it hits cleaner, its cheaper and just seems to be a great sub, what would you expect from a sub that Hsu had a hand in.
Now as far as pricing goes don't expect less from Bic because its cheaper, to become a well known company you have to put out as good of a product as your competition but at a cheaper price, its just the way business is run. I don't however think Bic will compete with Klipsch until they learn to advertise, and they just haven't figured that out yet just look at their web site.
Now Klipsch fans you should welcome the competition because it is going go force Klipsch to push the envelope more to stay ahead of the curve creating better speakers.
I am a huge fan of each my dad owns Klipsch speakers my best friend owns Bic acoustech speakers as of yesterday, and I own both subwoofers listen to me either way you go you wont lose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-29-2005, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyosu
The looks cause controversy, however it is the comparison of sound that makes Klipsch owners become defensive. Having listened to both I can tell you "yes they both sound similar", but thats because both carry horn tweeters that have a unique sound. Now I must say I have taken apart both products and both are equally impressive as far as craftsmenship is concerned. As far as sound im going to have to say that when it comes to the speakers Klipsch does have the better sounding like, although not by much at all. The reason I think this is because Klipsch has been in the business for quite some time and has worked out any problems while Bic is still finding their feet....
Pattyosu, pretty good review of the two brands.
I own Venturi's which are made by BIC. They reside in my living room as my second surround set-up. However, I have temporarily set them aside to make sure my new surround set-up is functioning properly for my soon to be completed basement theater.
Anyway, the BIC Venturis are about ten years old, and I must say, they have held up so far with-out problems.

From reading your review, I would say BIC has changed the sound of their speakers! My speakers don't sound anything like Klipsch. I would describe the Venturi's I own as a more neutral speaker with more bass than the Klipsch speakers I had the chance to recently demo. I don't mean it as a knock, its just how they sound to me.

For what I paid for them, I can't knock the Venturi's. After all, they were my first surround set-up and they are still going strong. Once I finish my main system in the basement, I have every intension of setting them back up in my living room.

Craig

Domino's donÂt fall all at once, they fall one at a time...
post #3 of 5 Old 07-30-2005, 02:11 PM

Which model klipsch are you comparing them to? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this system and pair it up with a Panasonic XR-55 amp. I love the way Klipsch reference series sound but wasn't impressed with the other lines.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-30-2005, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Hey thanks for replies, as for the Klipsch subwoofer that was compared against the H-100 it is the KSW-12. Both were great, however both me and two of my friends agree the H-100 is a tiny bit better. We felt that the H-100 hit just a little cleaner when pushed and went down to 24hz where as the KSW-12 went down to 26hz, and yes we tuned both of them in we tried to make the comparison as fair as possible. I like the reference series as well and think that its a great choice.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-30-2005, 05:52 PM

What model Klipsch tower, center, and surrounds did you use?
Closed Thread Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page