New NHT Classic line to replace Super Audio - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 45Likes

Old 03-20-2006, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good job jgman !!! Give John a shout and I bet you'll be surprised at how much happier you are dealing with him and the warranty(god forbid something happened to them).

ANTHEM4LIFE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2006, 10:36 PM

Wow, I just love my new 3's and C... LOL

Old 03-20-2006, 10:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Nice!!! Where are the grills? You know, that wall's so flat and white, I'm surprised you bothered putting up a screen!

John
Old 03-20-2006, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimentall View Post

Nice!!! Where are the grills? You know, that wall's so flat and white, I'm surprised you bothered putting up a screen!

I place this image up as a joke to help pass the waiting and give hope what the future will bring...
Old 03-21-2006, 05:23 AM

[quote=DodgeViper]Wow, I just love my new 3's and C... LOL]

It does like nice, but with such space why settle with threes, why not get with the fours?

You should redraw you landscape a bit.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:12 AM

Damn,and here I thought that the new 3c came with its own anti-gravity beam to suspend it in mid air.Well,I guess NHT has to revolutionize that next ! Thanks DodgeViper for making the time go by more fun.

Anyone else take notice to Stereophile(which I think is mostly BS) listed the Evolution T6 as #8 in their best speaker category?Pretty amazing considering everything else was at least double the price of the NHT's and up.

ANTHEM4LIFE
Old 03-21-2006, 07:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHT4LIFE View Post

Anyone else take notice to Stereophile(which I think is mostly BS) listed the Evolution T6 as #8 in their best speaker category?Pretty amazing considering everything else was at least double the price of the NHT's and up.

Ummmm, I do think that list was alphabetical

More amazing is that John Atkinson seems to think the T6s are better than the NHT Xd

John
Old 03-21-2006, 07:41 AM

Oh man I feel bad for those guys - I just cancelled my order as well, his response was: "Was that the order for the NHT Threes?" "Yes" "Ok, wait just a second please I think that order has already been cancelled."

Serves them right for misadvertising (i.e. not displaying them out of stock / pre-order) and for charging peoples credit cards without first shipping the product.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:15 PM

To help kill the time of waiting for the 3's I have been busy. The stands are made of MDF and skinned with Oak Veneer. The base of each stand has 30 pounds of lead shot. None of the stands are put together as of yet and for these photos I had to prop the upright in order to take the photos. The base still needs the half round trim added. The hole you see in the base is for the speaker cable that will run through the upright. The speaker cable will need to be run before the final assembly and staining of the oak. I should have the six stands completed sometime next week. Wow what a job this has been...

Old 03-21-2006, 07:03 PM

great looking stands man !!! you putting Three's all the way around?

ANTHEM4LIFE
Old 03-21-2006, 08:19 PM

Quote:

great looking stands man !!! you putting Three's all the way around?

Not on these stands. I had purchased a SVS system for the family room and this entire system and stands will be given to my son once the theater room is built...
Old 03-21-2006, 08:38 PM

I'm a wee bit old but open to being adopted by ya !!! LoL

ANTHEM4LIFE
Old 03-23-2006, 11:37 AM

ok kids...i spoke with brand-electronicscom and for anyone interested they have 1 pair and 1 pair only of Classic Threes in stock.Its not worth it to me as i got a good deal from John so Im gonna wait for the warranty speakers from him.I BSed the guy and told him that they have to be in stock because I wanted them overnight shipped(which was a fib I told them) to check to see if they were really there or not.He swore that they have a pair so anyone not wanting to wait or get from a credible store can gobble them up now.

ANTHEM4LIFE
Old 03-23-2006, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUES View Post

Originally Posted by coues
I have already moved into another direction with my purchase of speakers. How long are we to wait... Maybe NHT should refrain from making any announcement until there in hand. They have lost this customer. I was set to purchase 2 - 4s, 4 - 3s, 1 - 3c, and a twelve for my theater room... Maybe in a few years when they begin showing up on Ebay I may look again... Shame on NHT...

Quote:

I too feel your pain.But,do you really not have the patience to wait 7,14,or maybe at most 30 days for some speakers that may very well be worth all the wait? For the kind of money you are spending I just hope you dont make an irrational decision and spend all that loot on some speakers that arent as good just because they didnt arrive when they said they would.I already paid Alimentall for mine so I know how hard it is to wait for something you want so bad.I just hope you dont regret not waiting just a little bit longer.

So here we sit nearly 30 days. We have seen 7 and 14 days pass by and 30 days will have come and gone this Saturday. Not much has change other than the bickering of talk when the speakers will arrive. NHT should be totally shameful for creating such a mess for their loyal non-listeners. Rather sad on their part to keep pumping their fist and can not even take a moment to state as to why for the delay on website. Hell if they have this much trouble rolling out the product why would any of you care about the warranty. Can you even imagine having to send your speaker back for repair and no parts are available.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Advanced Member

Looks like next week could be it. Almost there.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Coues, here's what you don't get (yet). NHT buyers don't buy because of NHT's business acumen or their marketing prowess or their amazing customer service. They wait for them with baited breath and anxious ears because the performance is mind-boggling for the price. If all I wanted to do was make money, I'd sell Bose or Polk or B&W or Paradigm. But I am willing to make notably less money because I have something genuinely exciting, unique and unparalleled to sell. Sure, it makes it rough sometimes. But then at other times, it's truly exhilarating. I've sold Infinity, Polk, B&W, Bose, JBL, Klipsch, Martin-Logan, Paradigm, Genesis, JMLab, Von Schweikert, and a bunch of others and the *one* speaker brand without which I can't imagine being in business is NHT. And it's not because other companies couldn't do what NHT does, it's because none of them bother. They're an over-acheiver, a curve breaker, a Michael Jordan, an Albert Einstein. That doesn't make them as sellable, marketable, easy. But it's eminently more satisfying and fun. The reality is, the NHT Four will outperform the B&W 800D in most ways, for 1/10th the price. If that's not worth waiting for, what is? I think there's a phrase - he who laughs last, laughs loudest. That will be in play over the next week or two.

John
Old 03-24-2006, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by coues View Post

Can you even imagine having to send your speaker back for repair and no parts are available.

Since I have used NHT service when they replaced two blown woofers via Fedex from a pair of demos that I bought from the Wiz as they were closing their Massachusetts stores, no I can't imagine it.

Once they get the supply issues ironed out, their customer service is as good as any.

Tony

In search of the Holy Grail.

Hometown team
Old 03-24-2006, 06:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeno View Post

Once they get the supply issues ironed out, their customer service is as good as any.

This is true. The Classic/Xd situation is really diverting their attentions to the elephant in the room. Once they are beyond that in a few weeks, I think other factors will improve substantially. NHT is really a company of about a dozen very passionate, multi-tasking people, and getting product out is the first priority.

I wanted to talk to the president about a couple of future products and he said "call me in a few months, I got stuck with accounts receivable for the next month or so and I'm buried". Fortunately, they hired Stacy, who now appears to be my new best friend, to do AR

John
Old 03-24-2006, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

<<They wait for them with baited breath...>>

Just what exactly do they "bait" that breath with anyway? If worms, mouthwash is definitely in order.

bated: short for (a)bated..held.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:20 PM

I had an interesting conversation with an NHT authorized Internet/Retail dealer yesterday. The dealer was Audio Video Logic and the salesperson was Mr. Denny Thompson. Mr. Thompson has 30 years in the audio business and had what semed to be a clear command of his facts. According to Denny, NHT sent them a letter telling them that as of March 1st 2006, it was no longer permissable for them sell NHT products via the Internet or mail order channels.

Other than the NHT inventory on hand prior to March 1st, all future sales will be limited to "local sales" only. Mr. Thompson said he could not sell me any NHT product, unless I purchased them in-store from him. It looks like NHT is changing their marketing strategy and will be more like several of the more premium brands that control distribution more tightly than the mass market brands generally do. While I'm not saying there is a conspiricay here, it is hard not to notice the timing of this announcement in relation to the Classic product rollout.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

What does their distribution tactics have to do with the release of the Classic 3's? Is there a cause and effect I'm missing here???
Old 03-24-2006, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theranman View Post

What does their distribution tactics have to do with the release of the Classic 3's? Is there a cause and effect I'm missing here???

If one wants to better differentiate your products from mass marketed offerings, as well as avoid some of the negative perception (some would say cheapening of brand identity) that accompanies heavily discounted goods; then one might choose to restrict the authorized sales to retail channels and thereby give your dealer network a less price competitive marketplace, where dealers would see less discounting and more product exclusivity in a given territory, which would likely help keep margins at more agreeable levels.

As the Classic line is a new offering and priced lower than the Evolution line that still remains, perhaps some of the changes are meant to minimize some of the price overlap between the two lines, while giving the custom A/V installation channel a more premium product to sell? Or maybe the idea of the timing was to create the demand first, thereby giving them some leverage to get dealers to agree to a new marketing arrangement? Of course, this is all speculation on my part, and we really do need to hear from other NHT dealer sources for confirmation of this change.

For the record: I am not employed in the A/V industry, or any sort of related business.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaracsan View Post

If one wants to better differentiate your products from mass marketed offerings, as well as avoid some of the negative perception (some would say cheapening of brand identity) that accompanies heavily discounted goods; then one might choose to restrict the authorized sales to retail channels and thereby give your dealer network a less price competitive marketplace, where dealers would see less discounting and more product exclusivity in a given territory, which would likely help keep margins at more agreeable levels.

As the Classic line is a new offering and priced lower than the Evolution line that still remains, perhaps some of the changes are meant to minimize some of the price overlap between the two lines, while giving the custom A/V installation channel a more premium product to sell? Or maybe the idea of the timing was to create the demand first, thereby giving them some leverage to get dealers to agree to a new marketing arrangement? Of course, this is all speculation on my part, and we really do need to hear from other NHT dealer sources for confirmation of this change.

For the record: I am not employed in the A/V industry, or any sort of related business.

This is the first I've heard of the "local sales" only policy. As I have some Classic Threes on hold at an out-of-town NHT dealer, I'm hoping this isn't true.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:47 PM

I paid for mine in mid january so if they came up with that bs rule it wont apply to me.At least I hope not.I wouldnt worry about it man,that audio advisor place is pretty much all internet sales.They were known for it whereas the dealer i called is not selling via a website like them.

ANTHEM4LIFE
Old 03-25-2006, 07:26 AM

Quote:

I paid for mine in mid january so if they came up with that bs rule it wont apply to me.At least I hope not.I wouldnt worry about it man,that audio advisor place is pretty much all internet sales.They were known for it whereas the dealer i called is not selling via a website like them.

I too, am hoping this is not so; but Thursday's news would lead me to believe otherwise. As for Audio Advisor being any sort of indicator of future direction; consider that I bought my U2 sub system from them at a nearly close-out price a little more than a month ago, and they have not added another piece of NHT inventory since then (as best I can tell), judging by the lack of new NHT additions posted to their web site. I expect John Ashman will soon weight-in on NHT's marketing change of direction, as I would think this directly effects him.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:56 AM

Well,I dont feel this directly affects him at all.Like I said...Audio-Advisor was an internet based dealer whereas John is a showroom dealer.He doesnt have a website selling new NHT gear for discounted products like Audio-Advisor did.I can tell you that I almost went with some Paradigm Studio 20's for the simple fact that I could have gotten a discount from a dealer where the closest NHT dealer has salesmen that consider you a waste of their time(snobbish) unless you have 5 grand to spend.I talked to John back in January and told him I has X amount to spend and that if I could get the new Classic Threes just a little cheaper I would,otherwise I was going with the Paradigms.He went ahead and said he would,and now NHT has him to thank as I wouldnt have went with the Threes without him doing me that favor.John rulez and NHT Marketing Dept. sucks a$$.Thats all i have on this matter.They(NHT) should be calling dealers like John and thanking them for keeping customers business instead of giving them a hard time.

ANTHEM4LIFE
Old 03-25-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Well,I dont feel this directly affects him at all.Like I said...Audio-Advisor was an internet based dealer whereas John is a showroom dealer.He doesnt have a website selling new NHT gear for discounted products like Audio-Advisor did.

As we both know, John is the biggest NHT cheerleader around. No doubt (in my mind), that his persistent marketing efforts for NHT gear, on this and other such forums, leads to sales opportunities that are not local in nature. I don't know what the actual percentage of his local sales are in relation to Audio Design's overall business, but I would be willing to wager mail order business is (or has become) a significant factor for him. John's store location in New Mexico is a relatively small pond to fish in, compared to the broader geographical area this forum covers. If it is true that NHT is limiting transactions to local sales only, then it follows that it would (indeed) have a direct and (possibly) substantial impact on his business.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Audio Advisor actually has a showroom in Michigan. They carry a lot more brands in store than what you see on their website.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:59 PM

[quote=zaracsan]As we both know, John is the biggest NHT cheerleader around. [quote=zaracsan]

yes he is...But comparing John to Audio-Advisor is like comparing apples to oranges.John doesnt have a website with pictures of speakers with almost cost prices attached.If NHT tells him he cant sell me a pair of speakers then I will tell them that they will lose a customer over it as I will not buy NHT from any other dealer.Yes,there is a dealer about 100 miles away but I would rather buy from him.Thats my perogative.I really dont see NHT telling him to stop doing what hes doing because hes not selling online and his cheerleading only HELPS NHT...Besides,I CALLED HIM.He didnt call me peddling NHT.I made the choice to deal with him instead of the dealer 100 miles away for alot of reasons.

ANTHEM4LIFE
Old 03-25-2006, 04:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Sorry guys, I've been busy. Before people speculate too much, no, mail order isn't really a big thing for me, maybe 20% and 75% of that is used gear. I don't solicit mail order business in any way, but I am often flattered when people track me down and ask to buy stuff from me. Usually it starts out with "I can't find a dealer anywhere" or "the NHT dealer stopped carrying them" or "the NHT dealer went out of business". Trust me, being an NHT dealer is not the path to fame and fortune. Between the fact that it's been bought and sold several times in the last year and that they've lost a lot of their dealers because of, quite frankly, situations like this where product is announced a year or more in advance of delivery combined with the shaky economy, there are a lot of holes in their dealer network and a lot of people simply can't find the product. I know Jeff at NHT is crisscrossing the country working his ass off to pick up dealerships to fill in those spots, but there are simply places where you can't find the stuff. I have people from all over the country who want to buy Xd from me and I'm simply not allowed to sell them at threat of being extinguished. So people sit there and can't buy Xds from anyone. Then one of my Xd customers gets a flyer in the mail from an "internet vendor" for NHT that has Xd for sale at a discounted price. So, I can't sell at less than "minimum" price *or* out of state, but they apparently can do both. Someone called me the other day and I turned down a request to buy something, even though I had it in stock and even though I could have really used the sale, but I know he had a local dealer and worse, it was in the same territory as my own NHT rep, so it made sense to let it go and recommend that they buy locally.

In any case, Albuquerque isn't a huge market, but if you work it, it's got *plenty* for me. I sell almost $200K in NHT here and I've got 10,000 New Mexicans on my mailing list who get cards or newsletters every 3 months or so. All I have to do is get them to spend $100 on average and a year and, well, do the math. So, I'm not worried about whether I can sell out of state or not. What worries me is that it seems to be applied with a substantial amount of favoritism. Apparently a few big companies can do it and small guys like me can't? I hope that's not the case. But when you get a mailer for a place like "onecall" that has Xds on the same page as Klipsch and Sony, what does that do for NHT? Sure isn't doing them any favors on the perception of brand aspect. But I am going to have a big heart to heart on this one with the folks over there. I think they continue to make grave errors when it comes to dealers, marketing and consumers. Unfortunately, they don't seem to listen to me on this score. Whatever they do, it had better be consistent or dealers are just going to get fed up. Much as I'm not a big B&W fan, at least you won't find them at Audio Advisor or OneCall or any of these other places. That's why they have such a good rep. NHT needs to figure that out.

John