New NHT Classic line to replace Super Audio - Page 368 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 51Likes
post #11011 of 11012 Unread Today, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just checking in to give some impressions of the AT and TwoC set up (though I have yet to install the mounts above my TV, and just have a temporary set up with the TwoC a coupe of feet off the floor, angled up), now that they are broken in and Audyssey has been run and I've lived with them for a bit.

It's not really a fair comparison to the Def Techs I had, since the placement of the fronts (ProMonitor 1000s) was not ideal (on a mantle), and the Center was a smaller 2-way (Procenter 1000). The detail and clarity of the ATs is well above what I was getting before, dialogue from the center is much clearer and I was able to lower the crossover for my sub, so that it integrates better. Overall, very happy with the upgrade, all for a little over $500 out of pocket after finding new homes for the old LCRs.

So far, I've sold off my Promonitor 1000s, but still have the ProCenter to unload, as well as the wall mounts for it.

That brings me to a question for the thread: will I see a benefit from swapping out the Def Tech Promonitor 800s I have as surrounds for Absolute Walls the next time there is a sale? I am going to more properly place the PM800s (currently, only one is wall mounted, and the other is on a table, so I need to wall mount and raise both from ear level to a couple of feet above ear height). If that is just temporary until I get the NHT AWs, I would just use the key hole mounts on my current surrounds (since that is how I would mount the AWs), but if I am sticking with the Def Techs long term, I would hang on to the mounts I have and use them so that I can angle the PM800s toward the MLP. There are hardly any reviews of the AW, but people act like they are nearly identical to the AZs, which do have reviews and measurements.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11012 of 11012 Unread Today, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 33
@DonnyKerabatsos , You went about this the same way I did. By upgrading the LCR first and then once I adjusted to the sound of them my surrounds really were awful. They started really standing out that they weren't timbre matched (I know it doesn't matter for surrounds to be) but once they went on sale I bought some more and I couldn't be happier.

I'd say listen to them for awhile and let your self see if you NEED them. I myself would do it all over again. If you listen to music it'll really show then.

Last edited by Randall.White; Today at 06:59 PM.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page