mnc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall.White View Post
WOW! What speakers do you have and have you noticed any "wear and tear" or any loss at all?
I have VT-2 towers, VS-2 center and HDP-1 surrounds. They have held up Extremely well! The only thing that degraded was the little strip of foam that was glued to the front baffle next to the tweeter. It finally dry-rotted last year or so. I didn't really notice any difference in sound without it anyway. Actually since I upgraded my receiver to one with XT32, my speakers sound Better than ever!

I have pushed them Very hard without any issues. I even watched Edge Of Tomorrow at -10 MV without knowing about the extreme bass at the beginning. I thought those 10" woofers were going to fly right out of the cabinet! Didn't break them luckily, these things are really well made!

Anyway, I plan on finally getting a pair of real subs to help them out. Looking at a pair of PSA XS30se's. Eventually I am considering going with PSA's high efficiency speakers, just not anytime soon. The NHT's just sound so good to me that I'm in no hurry to replace them.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11072 of 11085 Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
This is my front sound stage. Again, I'm really digging these bookshelfs up at (or just above) ear level.

(crappy iPhone pic)
post #11073 of 11085 Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is my front stage, although they are planned to be mounted on the wall due to my 2 year old who put her finger through the aluminum midrange Right now they are sitting on a pair of W1's.

Last edited by mmsean; Yesterday at 10:51 AM.
post #11074 of 11085 Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsean View Post
Here is my front stage, although they are not planned to be mounted on the wall due to my 2 year old who put her finger through the aluminum midrange
My daughter did that on my center. A couple bills later and all was well.

Nice, clean set up.
post #11075 of 11085 Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAW View Post
This is my front sound stage. Again, I'm really digging these bookshelfs up at (or just above) ear level.

(crappy iPhone pic)
I guess I'll be the first to say you should wall mount your tv and put the center speaker on top of the stand. I did that with my setup and it made a HUGE difference!

Nice setup though!

post #11076 of 11085 Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
I guess I'll be the first to say you should wall mount your tv and put the center speaker on top of the stand. I did that with my setup and it made a HUGE difference!

Nice setup though!
Believe me, you're not the first. I know, I know... I just don't want to do all that work.
mnc likes this.
post #11077 of 11085 Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Yes Craw,

I'd have to agree with MNC, the center is very compromised it is current position. And, it really is easy to mount displays these days. Lot's of options on mounts, most very easy to do. The center would just open up a LOT, just like the Threes did with raising them. Glad you are liking them!!!

Nice setup by the way!!!

MMSEAN,

Love the Rotels! Great electronics. Do you have any issues with reflections on your right channel since it's very close to the wall? Have you tried toeing them in a bit (you'll have to do the same with the left side of course). Very clean setup!

You both have very clean setups! Mine is a bit crowded, but ok since it's not a regular living space.

Ray

"Listen with an open heart and mind."

post #11078 of 11085 Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
I have VT-2 towers, VS-2 center and HDP-1 surrounds. They have held up Extremely well! The only thing that degraded was the little strip of foam that was glued to the front baffle next to the tweeter. It finally dry-rotted last year or so. I didn't really notice any difference in sound without it anyway. Actually since I upgraded my receiver to one with XT32, my speakers sound Better than ever!

I have pushed them Very hard without any issues. I even watched Edge Of Tomorrow at -10 MV without knowing about the extreme bass at the beginning. I thought those 10" woofers were going to fly right out of the cabinet! Didn't break them luckily, these things are really well made!

Anyway, I plan on finally getting a pair of real subs to help them out. Looking at a pair of PSA XS30se's. Eventually I am considering going with PSA's high efficiency speakers, just not anytime soon. The NHT's just sound so good to me that I'm in no hurry to replace them.
That's really good news. I've listened to other speakers around the same price point and to me my NHT speakers are far superior. I've been wanting to upgrade to the Four's but was afraid once I spend that much money something new and shiny will come out and I'll want that. From reading this post NHT doesn't come out with new speakers all that often.

Those were the subs I was looking at also, Tom suggested that I should really consider the XV30se for my room. I kinda want to try sealed but I don't know??? I'm all about bang for my buck.
post #11079 of 11085 Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavchameleon View Post
MMSEAN,

Love the Rotels! Great electronics. Do you have any issues with reflections on your right channel since it's very close to the wall? Have you tried toeing them in a bit (you'll have to do the same with the left side of course). Very clean setup!

You both have very clean setups! Mine is a bit crowded, but ok since it's not a regular living space.
Love the Rotels, however I'm getting rid of the RSX-1057 receiver which has been acting as a pre-pro since I bought it. Time to do an upgrade and probably going to get a Marantz AV7702. Will keep the Rotel RMB-1075, RMB-1085 though. Honestly this house we live in was bought primarily because my wife loved the layout. However that means it's not very home theater friendly with the 20+ foot vaulted ceiling. I'm currently running 3.1 with 2 subs. This picture was take about 3 years ago before we had our baby. Now that the little one is almost 3 yrs old, sitting right in front of the right speaker is a play kitchen. Sooooo my theater experience is less than stellar. Oh well.
post #11080 of 11085 Old Today, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Love the Rotels, however I'm getting rid of the RSX-1057 receiver which has been acting as a pre-pro since I bought it. Time to do an upgrade and probably going to get a Marantz AV7702. Will keep the Rotel RMB-1075, RMB-1085 though. Honestly this house we live in was bought primarily because my wife loved the layout. However that means it's not very home theater friendly with the 20+ foot vaulted ceiling. I'm currently running 3.1 with 2 subs. This picture was take about 3 years ago before we had our baby. Now that the little one is almost 3 yrs old, sitting right in front of the right speaker is a play kitchen. Sooooo my theater experience is less than stellar. Oh well.
The AV7702 is an awesome processor! D&M really keeps up with all the newest codecs and it has Audyssey XT32 which is pretty awesome. Great upgrade!

Yep, I understand having a kid that changes a LOT of how things need to be set up. My son is 8 now and is very much into electronics, so it's been fun. He even likes to spin vinyl once in a while. I'm trying to teach him all the legacy choices while keeping up with the newer ones.

Ray

"Listen with an open heart and mind."

post #11081 of 11085 Old Today, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Nice setup though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavchameleon View Post
Yes Craw,

I'd have to agree with MNC, the center is very compromised it is current position. And, it really is easy to mount displays these days. Lot's of options on mounts, most very easy to do. The center would just open up a LOT, just like the Threes did with raising them. Glad you are liking them!!!

Nice setup by the way!!!
I really hadn't given much more thought to mounting the TV on the wall since I bought it five years ago (wow - time flies!), but I mentioned it to my wife last night and she's down for it!

Now I need to research what mount works best for my 50" Pioneer Kuro.
post #11082 of 11085 Old Today, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAW View Post
I really hadn't given much more thought to mounting the TV on the wall since I bought it five years ago (wow - time flies!), but I mentioned it to my wife last night and she's down for it!

Now I need to research what mount works best for my 50" Pioneer Kuro.
I have this mount and love it compared to the newer cheaper versions. However I'm sure you can get one that works just as well.

http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/vmpl3/ - I have my Samsung 63" on this one, I liked that it had long vertical bars so if I needed to shift the TV up or down I could. It also goes up to 90 inches and up to 280 lbs. I really want a 70+" tv soon.

My mother-in-law bought this one: http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/vlt5/ - It's nice however it only accepts up to 80 inches and up to 125 lbs.

You might find this handy as well. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
post #11083 of 11085 Old Today, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have this mount and love it compared to the newer cheaper versions. However I'm sure you can get one that works just as well.

http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/vmpl3/ - I have my Samsung 63" on this one, I liked that it had long vertical bars so if I needed to shift the TV up or down I could. It also goes up to 90 inches and up to 280 lbs. I really want a 70+" tv soon.

My mother-in-law bought this one: http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/vlt5/ - It's nice however it only accepts up to 80 inches and up to 125 lbs.

You might find this handy as well. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
THANKS! I might order that first mount and the kit very soon!
mmsean likes this.
post #11084 of 11085 Old Today, 03:57 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall.White View Post
That's really good news. I've listened to other speakers around the same price point and to me my NHT speakers are far superior. I've been wanting to upgrade to the Four's but was afraid once I spend that much money something new and shiny will come out and I'll want that. From reading this post NHT doesn't come out with new speakers all that often.

Those were the subs I was looking at also, Tom suggested that I should really consider the XV30se for my room. I kinda want to try sealed but I don't know??? I'm all about bang for my buck.
Are you looking to get just ONE sub or TWO?
I ask because Tom told me that I should go ported if I was only getting one, but said dual XS30's would be his choice for my room. BTW my room is an open living room with vaulted ceilings. I would guess over 5000 cubic feet and he still recommended the dual XS30's.

post #11085 of 11085 Old Today, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Are you looking to get just ONE sub or TWO?
I ask because Tom told me that I should go ported if I was only getting one, but said dual XS30's would be his choice for my room. BTW my room is an open living room with vaulted ceilings. I would guess over 5000 cubic feet and he still recommended the dual XS30's.
One for now but I really like running dual subs but my wife doesn't care for the large boxes anymore. That's why I was looking at just 1 for now and then MAYBE be able to sneak another monster in here lol. My room is open to most of my house also.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page