New NHT Classic line to replace Super Audio - Page 390 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 203Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #11671 of 11679 Old 04-22-2016, 08:00 PM
Answer Seeking / Sharing
 
cavchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,981
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Yeah, that is strange. In the past, I'd always get a quick email from Chris Byrne (and even talked to him several times). Hopefully customer service did not leave the company with them.

I'd like to hear NHT's new speakers, but do not feel there would be any 'upgrade' to the Classic series that I currently own. The prices look equivalent to the Classic series.

Ray

 

"Listen with an open heart and mind."

 

cavchameleon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11672 of 11679 Old 05-07-2016, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ted99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 108
I've just pulled out a pair of NHT Super Ones from the box they have been stored in while I was overseas. They are gloss White and I bought them in the 90's, sometime. Pristine condition Ser # AS1-008111 and AS1-008150. Anyone have an idea what these are worth? I was really surprised how much my AR=3a's were worth. Looking at Amazon, they list them as discontinued and selling a used black pair for $488. Seems high to me, but I see lots of 2.1, but no originals.

Samsung UN75HU8550FXZA, SEK 3500 OCB in den, Sony XBR79X900B in LR, Sony HW-30ES/ Grandview 120" curved screen in Batcave Mancave
Polk LSiM703 fronts, RTi-12 rears, LSiC center, T-15 RH, Monitor 60 FW, CSiA1 FH, AT DA-44 TM, ED A6t sides
Emotiva XPA-5, XPA-200, XPA-100, Four XP-100 mini for FW and Heights, Marantz AV7702MKII in Mancave until consumer-grade 9.2.6 Pre-pro is available.
Ted99 is offline  
post #11673 of 11679 Unread 06-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
In March I purchased (3) M7's for my LCR, and then C1's for my surrounds. It has been almost three months that I have owned the speakers, and wanted to provide a brief report out for those that are searching either speaker.

I have read many reviews from others on the pro's and con's of their speakers; and while I'm not qualified to state ___ is better than ___, I do want to be available and share for those that are considering these NHT speakers.

Background:
I have just finished my open-area basement, and quite honestly couldn't get the family to spend time down there... except for my two oldest kids that have bedrooms down there!
I now have fixed that problem.... add a decent HT!
My LCR's about 11' from my MLP. My C1's are used for both side and rear surrounds (mounted near ceiling).
These speakers have quickly won over my family, and we now often have "couch night downstairs" as my wife and kids love the dynamic sound that comes from these speakers as we watch our drama and action movies.
Our listening is probably about 70-80% tv/movie and then my kids will play Top 40 music for the remaining 20-30% of the time.

At first the M7's appeared to be tight (thin?), but after 20+ hours of listening, they have become very articulate... both at low and high volume listening. I have been impressed with how clear the sound is when I have a good source/input. My son is in high school and is part of the band. He will use the speakers to listen to various music, as he is able to clearly pick out his instrument and those that accompany him.
The C1's have also done a great job as surrounds and help us get immersed in the movie. It is fun to watch the family react (flinch, duck, etc.) as the surround sound kicks in!
The build quality was also first rate. The piano black finish was flawless, and the speakers felt extremely solid and well constructed. It blends well with our room, and has significantly improved it's use.

Again, this is not an attempt to write a large detailed review on the M7 or C1, but rather to let others know I am available if there are questions about the product. (Trying to pay it forward to all of the great posts that got me to this point!).
Kamper is online now  
post #11674 of 11679 Unread 06-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper View Post
In March I purchased (3) M7's for my LCR, and then C1's for my surrounds. It has been almost three months that I have owned the speakers, and wanted to provide a brief report out for those that are searching either speaker.

I have read many reviews from others on the pro's and con's of their speakers; and while I'm not qualified to state ___ is better than ___, I do want to be available and share for those that are considering these NHT speakers.

Background:
I have just finished my open-area basement, and quite honestly couldn't get the family to spend time down there... except for my two oldest kids that have bedrooms down there!
I now have fixed that problem.... add a decent HT!
My LCR's about 11' from my MLP. My C1's are used for both side and rear surrounds (mounted near ceiling).
These speakers have quickly won over my family, and we now often have "couch night downstairs" as my wife and kids love the dynamic sound that comes from these speakers as we watch our drama and action movies.
Our listening is probably about 70-80% tv/movie and then my kids will play Top 40 music for the remaining 20-30% of the time.

At first the M7's appeared to be tight (thin?), but after 20+ hours of listening, they have become very articulate... both at low and high volume listening. I have been impressed with how clear the sound is when I have a good source/input. My son is in high school and is part of the band. He will use the speakers to listen to various music, as he is able to clearly pick out his instrument and those that accompany him.
The C1's have also done a great job as surrounds and help us get immersed in the movie. It is fun to watch the family react (flinch, duck, etc.) as the surround sound kicks in!
The build quality was also first rate. The piano black finish was flawless, and the speakers felt extremely solid and well constructed. It blends well with our room, and has significantly improved it's use.

Again, this is not an attempt to write a large detailed review on the M7 or C1, but rather to let others know I am available if there are questions about the product. (Trying to pay it forward to all of the great posts that got me to this point!).
Here are a few photos for those that are interested. For a size comparison, that is a 60" Samsung.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Surround.png
Views:	46
Size:	837.9 KB
ID:	1476401   Click image for larger version

Name:	LCR.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1476409  
Kamper is online now  
post #11675 of 11679 Unread 06-03-2016, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
DJ_JonnyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Yep, those are good looking speakers and based upon their specs, design, build, etc. should sound great too. I came real close to buying a front LCR of the same earlier this year. From the research I did, look almost identical to the Evolution M6 line from 10+ years ago on the spec sheet. I had a full Evolution T5, M5 center and L5 surrounds and it absolutely loved it. Was scouring ebay and local ads thinking about getting the gang back together until the JBL Studio 590 fire sale hit last month.

DJ_JonnyV
DJ_JonnyV is online now  
post #11676 of 11679 Unread 06-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_JonnyV View Post
Yep, those are good looking speakers and based upon their specs, design, build, etc. should sound great too. I came real close to buying a front LCR of the same earlier this year. From the research I did, look almost identical to the Evolution M6 line from 10+ years ago on the spec sheet. I had a full Evolution T5, M5 center and L5 surrounds and it absolutely loved it. Was scouring ebay and local ads thinking about getting the gang back together until the JBL Studio 590 fire sale hit last month.
Out of curiosity, how do the 590's sound compared to the T5's (if it's fair to compare something from that far back)?

The reason I ask is because I need to add towers upstairs to replace my 20 year old JBL's.
Kamper is online now  
post #11677 of 11679 Unread 06-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
DJ_JonnyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper View Post
Out of curiosity, how do the 590's sound compared to the T5's (if it's fair to compare something from that far back)?

The reason I ask is because I need to add towers upstairs to replace my 20 year old JBL's.
Man, it's gonna take me some time to think about this one.

DJ_JonnyV
DJ_JonnyV is online now  
post #11678 of 11679 Unread 07-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I was hoping an NHT SuperOne owner could help me with my AVR decision. I've got a pair of NHT SuperOne 2.1s, a SuperCenter 2.1, and a SVS PB-1000 that I'm setting up in a 1500 cubic foot bedroom that opens up to a hallway. I'm heavily leaning towards a Yamaha Aventage receiver, in particular the RX‑A750. I keep hearing about the low efficiency of these speakers and would like to make sure I get a receiver that can drive them properly. Will the A750's 90 watts per channel in stereo be enough to power my 3.1 SuperOne system and handle a future upgrade to 5.1?
MagicKnights is online now  
post #11679 of 11679 Unread Today, 08:23 PM
Senior Member
 
barneypoo69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kyle, Republic of Texas
Posts: 274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicKnights View Post
I was hoping an NHT SuperOne owner could help me with my AVR decision. I've got a pair of NHT SuperOne 2.1s, a SuperCenter 2.1, and a SVS PB-1000 that I'm setting up in a 1500 cubic foot bedroom that opens up to a hallway. I'm heavily leaning towards a Yamaha Aventage receiver, in particular the RX‑A750. I keep hearing about the low efficiency of these speakers and would like to make sure I get a receiver that can drive them properly. Will the A750's 90 watts per channel in stereo be enough to power my 3.1 SuperOne system and handle a future upgrade to 5.1?
I would think 90 watts per channel would be fine. My rears are Super One XU's and my center is a NHT VS1.4 (mains are Paradigm Studio 20 v2). My Marantz SR5009 is rated at 100 watts per channel and my avr doesn't break a sweat.
barneypoo69 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off