New NHT Classic line to replace Super Audio - Page 391 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 207Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #11701 of 11711 Unread 12-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
CRAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 648
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothername View Post
I have owned NHT 2.5i before and liked them but sold them. I recently bought some NHT 3.3, a whole different animal than the 2.5i. Perfect condition except for the Foam anti diffraction strip. A bit tricky on set up and associated equipment but sound really spectacular. I am powering these with a B&K reference 4420, I also powered them with a ATI AT 1502 with success. I found a way to make the foam and make it look stock. No need for an addition sub with these bad boys. Some people complained about the metal dome tweeters but they must have not had them set up, powered properly, not enough room treatments or something. They sound very detailed and natural to me. Anyways Pics
^^^ Looks good!!!
anothername likes this.
CRAW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11702 of 11711 Unread 12-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston Metro
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 5
system upgrades and excesses

Due to some recent system upgrades I find myself with a pair NHT 12 inch subs and a pair of Absolute Zeros that are surplus to my needs. Can I post them for sale here or do I need to do so in the classified section?
thank you.
ad5wb is offline  
post #11703 of 11711 Unread 12-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 913
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothername View Post
I have owned NHT 2.5i before and liked them but sold them. I recently bought some NHT 3.3, a whole different animal than the 2.5i. Perfect condition except for the Foam anti diffraction strip. A bit tricky on set up and associated equipment but sound really spectacular. I am powering these with a B&K reference 4420, I also powered them with a ATI AT 1502 with success. I found a way to make the foam and make it look stock. No need for an addition sub with these bad boys. Some people complained about the metal dome tweeters but they must have not had them set up, powered properly, not enough room treatments or something. They sound very detailed and natural to me. Anyways Pics



Congrats on the 3.3s! I used to own them about 10 years ago. 3.3s, AC2, 2.9 rears, Earthquake 15inch sub. Driven by three Aragon Palladium II 300 watt monoblocks and Aragon 8008 for the 2.9s. When you get the upgrade itch, try picking up used 250-300 watt stereo or monoblock amps for those 3.3s.

On a side note, I am moving and need to downsize. If anyone is interested in NHT Classic 3s and 3C center in special dark color, PM me. I also have a Classic 12 sub in black.
Ricky is online now  
 
post #11704 of 11711 Unread 12-15-2016, 05:02 PM
Member
 
anothername's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
Congrats on the 3.3s! I used to own them about 10 years ago. 3.3s, AC2, 2.9 rears, Earthquake 15inch sub. Driven by three Aragon Palladium II 300 watt monoblocks and Aragon 8008 for the 2.9s. When you get the upgrade itch, try picking up used 250-300 watt stereo or monoblock amps for those 3.3s.

On a side note, I am moving and need to downsize. If anyone is interested in NHT Classic 3s and 3C center in special dark color, PM me. I also have a Classic 12 sub in black.
Thanks, if I wind up keeping these 3.3 for the long run I might try a Aragon 8008bb or Bryston 4b st but in the meantime I have no complaints with this B&K Reference 4420 powering them. Its really overkill in the room they are in, about 280 watts RMS into their 6 ohm load and no need for a sub.

1-11-17, I moved these back in the living room and got a Bryston 4B ST amp for these and simply could not be happier with the performance. everything improved. These are some of the best sounding speakers I have heard period. And one of the better if not best systems I have had.

Last edited by anothername; 01-13-2017 at 09:55 PM.
anothername is offline  
post #11705 of 11711 Unread 01-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
mmsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 381
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Unfortunately my Classic Threes from 2006 received from damage due to my daughter putting her fingers through the midrange and tweeter. Since they are of an older design NHT does not have replacement Tweeter/Midrange Pods available. I'm really disheartened about this because I really don't have the cash to buy brand new speakers.

Anyone have suggestions?
mmsean is offline  
post #11706 of 11711 Unread 01-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
NickB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 638
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsean View Post
Unfortunately my Classic Threes from 2006 received from damage due to my daughter putting her fingers through the midrange and tweeter. Since they are of an older design NHT does not have replacement Tweeter/Midrange Pods available. I'm really disheartened about this because I really don't have the cash to buy brand new speakers.

Anyone have suggestions?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-New-NHT-Cl...oAAOxyXDhSjNhS

Found this on Ebay but the pic of the crossover shows it's for the Classic 3 "C" which I think is the center channel. I'm not sure if the x-over differs between the sats and center, but it appears you can unscrew the crossover and probably just connect to the existing one in your cabinet if it does.
NickB is offline  
post #11707 of 11711 Unread 01-07-2017, 11:11 PM
Senior Member
 
mmsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 381
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-New-NHT-Cl...oAAOxyXDhSjNhS

Found this on Ebay but the pic of the crossover shows it's for the Classic 3 "C" which I think is the center channel. I'm not sure if the x-over differs between the sats and center, but it appears you can unscrew the crossover and probably just connect to the existing one in your cabinet if it does.
Yeah I'm looking for a drop in replacement unfortunately. I'm trying to keep my eyes open for some new pods...
mmsean is offline  
post #11708 of 11711 Unread 01-09-2017, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
CRAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 648
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsean View Post
Unfortunately my Classic Threes from 2006 received from damage due to my daughter putting her fingers through the midrange and tweeter. Since they are of an older design NHT does not have replacement Tweeter/Midrange Pods available. I'm really disheartened about this because I really don't have the cash to buy brand new speakers.

Anyone have suggestions?
I've had to deal with this same problem on two different occasions (daughter's curious fingers). You should definitely call/email NHT's parts/service department and speak to Bob. He's great! They will either be able to fix the domes (if not completely ripped open) or replace them for a chunk of change.

Let me know if you have other questions.
CRAW is offline  
post #11709 of 11711 Unread 01-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Senior Member
 
mmsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 381
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAW View Post
I've had to deal with this same problem on two different occasions (daughter's curious fingers). You should definitely call/email NHT's parts/service department and speak to Bob. He's great! They will either be able to fix the domes (if not completely ripped open) or replace them for a chunk of change.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Well spoke to Bob and they told me since I have the 2006 model that they didn't have any parts for my speaker, if they were newer they would. But then a week later Bob contacted me and said he found some parts in the warehouse to fix both of my speakers with damaged tweeters and midranges.

Now I'm scared to death of these being damaged again due to the parts not being available anymore... Always have had NHT speakers except for Infinity in my high school days and haven't seen much traction out of the reviews for the C 3's.
mmsean is offline  
post #11710 of 11711 Unread 01-17-2017, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
CRAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 648
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsean View Post
Now I'm scared to death of these being damaged again due to the parts not being available anymore... Always have had NHT speakers except for Infinity in my high school days and haven't seen much traction out of the reviews for the C 3's.
I guess we're going to have to be super careful from here on out.

I'm glad you're getting them fixed.
CRAW is offline  
post #11711 of 11711 Unread Today, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mixdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,340
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 131
In case anyone is looking I am selling my NHT VT2.4's and VS2.4 which acts as a center channel speaker.

Sony XBR75X940C
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
LG65E6 OLED

FS: NHT VT2.4 Pair & VS2.4
Mixdoctor is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off