Please Join and post what speakers you have - Page 115 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 37Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3421 of 3449 Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 AM
Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Just got a C/L/R 3000 from E-Bay, can't wait to hear it compared to the 2300, now I'll have full driver match on everything but the heights.
6.5's all the way around and 5.25's up top.
ALtlOff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3422 of 3449 Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Milpitas , ca
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
B&W cm9w front left right
B&W cmc2w center
Velodyne 12" digital sub
B&W ds6 dipole rears

HT/Music room
biggin is offline  
post #3423 of 3449 Old 07-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiedarklord View Post
Running the svs ultra towers
Ultra center
Ultra surrounds
Pb12
Emotiva xpa 5 amp
Pioneer elite vsx 23 receiver


James
Please!
Put some pics with such nice speakers!

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #3424 of 3449 Old 07-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Newbie
 
odiedarklord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Please!
Put some pics with such nice speakers!

Ray
I will try but if you can't wait there is a crappy YouTube vid of my lil setup. Just search svs ultra
odiedarklord is offline  
post #3425 of 3449 Old 07-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtlOff View Post
Just got a C/L/R 3000 from E-Bay, can't wait to hear it compared to the 2300, now I'll have full driver match on everything but the heights.
6.5's all the way around and 5.25's up top.
Let us know how it work out!
I personaly think it should be be fine.

But, neverless keep us, inform of it sound to you.

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #3426 of 3449 Old 07-19-2014, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggin View Post
B&W cm9w front left right
B&W cmc2w center
Velodyne 12" digital sub
B&W ds6 dipole rears

HT/Music room
Nice stuff too, Pics please!


Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #3427 of 3449 Old 07-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiedarklord View Post
I will try but if you can't wait there is a crappy YouTube vid of my lil setup. Just search svs ultra
I can wait, but if you send a link to that You Tube it would also be great!

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #3428 of 3449 Old 07-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Newbie
 
odiedarklord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
I can wait, but if you send a link to that You Tube it would also be great!

Ray


http://youtu.be/ofwM0lrNPvs

Here you go sir, enjoy 1st time trying to send this link hope it works.
odiedarklord is offline  
post #3429 of 3449 Old 07-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiedarklord View Post
http://youtu.be/ofwM0lrNPvs

Here you go sir, enjoy 1st time trying to send this link hope it works.
The link does not work, but you can see it by doing a cut a paste and doing a search.

Either way the community would love to see picture and so do I.

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #3430 of 3449 Old 07-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Newbie
 
odiedarklord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
The link does not work, but you can see it by doing a cut a paste and doing a search.

Either way the community would love to see picture and so do I.

Ray
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ofwM0lrNPvs


Ok try this one, I'm doing this off my iPhone since my laptop is down now
Hope it works, I must say moving from my klipsch synergy to the svs in night and day I love them
odiedarklord is offline  
post #3431 of 3449 Old 07-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Newbie
 
odiedarklord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Teaser pix just for ya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (172.0 KB, 35 views)
darthray likes this.
odiedarklord is offline  
post #3432 of 3449 Old 07-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Milpitas , ca
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggin View Post
B&W cm9w front left right
B&W cmc2w center
Velodyne 12" digital sub
B&W ds6 dipole rears

HT/Music room
biggin"s Pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1250.jpg (180.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1253.jpg (193.1 KB, 45 views)
darthray likes this.
biggin is offline  
post #3433 of 3449 Old 07-20-2014, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiedarklord View Post
Teaser pix just for ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggin View Post
biggin"s Pictures
This is what, I am talking about

Thanks for posting.

Be proud! of your stuff and what you did!!!

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live

Last edited by darthray; 07-21-2014 at 06:32 PM.
darthray is offline  
post #3434 of 3449 Old 07-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
dftkell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Speakers are custom designs using KEF q100 uni-Q drivers that I was able to purchase crossed over to 8" woofers in PE cabinets. AJ from Soundfield Audio designed and built them. Subs are DIY 4cu/ft cabs with 18" Dayton HO subs and 500 watt Dayton plate amps. Sounds great. I'm really happy with everything.

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03117.jpg (164.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03108.jpg (159.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03115.jpg (223.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03114.jpg (169.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03120.jpg (197.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03113.jpg (185.7 KB, 27 views)
darthray and KingoftheBIC like this.

Little Loft Home Theater
dftkell is offline  
post #3435 of 3449 Old 07-22-2014, 09:40 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Milpitas , ca
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
This is what, I am talking about

Thanks for posting.

Be proud! of your stuff and what you did!!!

Ray
Thanks for the kind words this forum is a ruff bunch.
darthray likes this.
biggin is offline  
post #3436 of 3449 Old 07-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by dftkell View Post
Speakers are custom designs using KEF q100 uni-Q drivers that I was able to purchase crossed over to 8" woofers in PE cabinets. AJ from Soundfield Audio designed and built them. Subs are DIY 4cu/ft cabs with 18" Dayton HO subs and 500 watt Dayton plate amps. Sounds great. I'm really happy with everything.

Dan
Hey Dan.

Nice little set-up you got!

I like what you use to inlcine the center speaker, custom made?
Look a little steap too me (up wise) but I am not the one sitting in room!
Are the tweeters fom your main and center at the same level?

What I do, is using a laser from the speakers (main and center, and do the math difference [using a ruler] for ading or subtracting the difference of tweeter hight from the different speaker).

But the end result is if your Happy like you said, IS all it matter!

Just a little trick, in case you did not know-it

Those subs look Awsome!

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #3437 of 3449 Old 07-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
dftkell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Hey Dan.

Nice little set-up you got!

I like what you use to inlcine the center speaker, custom made?
Look a little steap too me (up wise) but I am not the one sitting in room!
Are the tweeters fom your main and center at the same level?

What I do, is using a laser from the speakers (main and center, and do the math difference [using a ruler] for ading or subtracting the difference of tweeter hight from the different speaker).

But the end result is if your Happy like you said, IS all it matter!

Just a little trick, in case you did not know-it

Those subs look Awsome!

Ray
Thanks Ray. Those are door stops from Target tilting my center channel up. I went in looking for the regular wedge kind and was surprised to see these.

The tweeters from the left, right and center speaker are all equidistant from my main seat on the couch--10.5 ft.

The tweeters on the left and right speaker are at ear level when I'm sitting straight up on the couch. They are each toed in a bit past the point of firing directly at me.

The center's tweeter when tilted up with the doorstops, is just slightly firing over my head. That's okay though, as coincident drivers tend to be a bit smoother about 10 degrees off axis. So I'm getting that from all three speakers--horizontally from the left and right, and vertically from the center.

The subs worked out well, thanks. I'm getting extension down to a solid 20hz. And having them in front and back like they are was the smoothest combination I could achieve. I measured them in every possible combo that was feasible. Plus, I really like the way one sub looks under the TV without any electronics there.

Thanks
Dan

Little Loft Home Theater
dftkell is offline  
post #3438 of 3449 Old 07-24-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 7,213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Dedicated room
LCR's SEOS12 with DNA-360 and TD12M
Side surrounds JBL 8340's
Back surrounds JBL 8340's

Subs
Two SI18's in sealed cabinet
One Mal-x 18" in sealed cabinet
Two 12" TC Sounds in sealed cabinet
One 18" RE-XXX in sealed cabinet

Currently building new LCR's. They will be a MTMW design in a baffle wall. New LCR's will have:
TD18H+ in separate sealed cabinet.
TD12M, TPL-150H and TD12M in a sealed cabinet. The TPL-150H horn loaded ribbon has a separate chamber.
Active crossover using two MiniDSP10x10HD's
Link to thread for build: Thinking about a RAAl in a waveguide


Family room set up.
RBH SI-760's for mains
RBH 661SE for center
RBH 661SE for side surrounds
RBH SI-760's for rear surround
18" sealed sub and a 10" ported sub.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

 

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
post #3439 of 3449 Old 07-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by dftkell View Post
Thanks Ray. Those are door stops from Target tilting my center channel up. I went in looking for the regular wedge kind and was surprised to see these.

The tweeters from the left, right and center speaker are all equidistant from my main seat on the couch--10.5 ft.

The tweeters on the left and right speaker are at ear level when I'm sitting straight up on the couch. They are each toed in a bit past the point of firing directly at me.

The center's tweeter when tilted up with the doorstops, is just slightly firing over my head. That's okay though, as coincident drivers tend to be a bit smoother about 10 degrees off axis. So I'm getting that from all three speakers--horizontally from the left and right, and vertically from the center.

The subs worked out well, thanks. I'm getting extension down to a solid 20hz. And having them in front and back like they are was the smoothest combination I could achieve. I measured them in every possible combo that was feasible. Plus, I really like the way one sub looks under the TV without any electronics there.

Thanks
Dan
Too bad they don't make a smaller version.
From the pic of the center, you have space to experement if you want a lower angle, not sure about stability!?

Anyhow nice little space you got.

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #3440 of 3449 Old 07-24-2014, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
Dedicated room
LCR's SEOS12 with DNA-360 and TD12M
Side surrounds JBL 8340's
Back surrounds JBL 8340's

Subs
Two SI18's in sealed cabinet
One Mal-x 18" in sealed cabinet
Two 12" TC Sounds in sealed cabinet
One 18" RE-XXX in sealed cabinet

Currently building new LCR's. They will be a MTMW design in a baffle wall. New LCR's will have:
TD18H+ in separate sealed cabinet.
TD12M, TPL-150H and TD12M in a sealed cabinet. The TPL-150H horn loaded ribbon has a separate chamber.
Active crossover using two MiniDSP10x10HD's
Link to thread for build: Thinking about a RAAl in a waveguide


Family room set up.
RBH SI-760's for mains
RBH 661SE for center
RBH 661SE for side surrounds
RBH SI-760's for rear surround
18" sealed sub and a 10" ported sub.
Mike, I got my Marantz AV8801 from you and would love if you can post some pics of your room!

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #3441 of 3449 Old 07-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Let us know how it work out!
I personaly think it should be be fine.

But, neverless keep us, inform of it sound to you.

Ray
Sounds great, voices seem fuller and slightly more natural, going to put it through its paces this weekend but from what I can tell so far, I understand why these aren't so easy to find used, and no-one wants to part with them.

Guess my C/L/R 2300 is for sale...lol
darthray likes this.
ALtlOff is offline  
post #3442 of 3449 Old 07-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtlOff View Post
Sounds great, voices seem fuller and slightly more natural, going to put it through its paces this weekend but from what I can tell so far, I understand why these aren't so easy to find used, and no-one wants to part with them.

Guess my C/L/R 2300 is for sale...lol
Glad it work out!
Happy listening

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #3443 of 3449 Old 07-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Thanks, I can absolutely see how using these for all 3 up front would be killer also.
ALtlOff is offline  
post #3444 of 3449 Old 07-25-2014, 02:07 AM
Member
 
totesmuhgoats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are you in San Francisco? Based on the layout of the room I could swear I've been in this house before, or at least one with a similar design.
totesmuhgoats is offline  
post #3445 of 3449 Old 07-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Well, GF decided that the BP-20's were to big for the living room, so their going in the theater, going to use them as my surrounds and move those BP-10's up for the wides, all is right with the world....
ALtlOff is offline  
post #3446 of 3449 Old 07-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just picked this up off Craigslist
It's my first true 5.1 system.
Well its actually a 7.1 but reciever only allows a 5.1 at the moment

RF-15 fronts (2)
RC-25 center (1)
RS-35 rears (4)
RSW-10 (1)

Got it all for $200!

Wanting to upgrade the sub already. Don't get me wrong it sounds great but I have a very large living room and it just can't fill it.
evan1242 is offline  
post #3447 of 3449 Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
伍达贤 is offline  
post #3448 of 3449 Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Kenwood VR-5900, PSB M2 and Velodyne SPL1000R.
Still thinking should I get the PSB c2 center or not, since watching movies in stereo the 3D soundstage is great already.
伍达贤 is offline  
post #3449 of 3449 Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
Member
 
uriah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looks like a great deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 伍达贤 View Post
congrats on that nice score wish there was a good Craig's List in the rural area where I live
伍达贤 likes this.
uriah is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off