Please Join and post what speakers you have - Page 116 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 37Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3451 of 3463 Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM
Newbie
 
mchanjamaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: wichita ks
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaystone501 View Post
I came up with something for the center channel. I posted it. It's got potential to be a great idea.
Did you post it on a different thread. I cant seen to find it here. Thanks
mchanjamaa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3452 of 3463 Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM
Newbie
 
jaystone501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanjamaa View Post
Did you post it on a different thread. I cant seen to find it here. Thanks
On my profile check the post dated 04/28/14. I know it's just a prototype of sorts but I think it has potential. Tell me what you think.
jaystone501 is offline  
post #3453 of 3463 Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM
Newbie
 
jaystone501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanjamaa View Post
Did you post it on a different thread. I cant seen to find it here. Thanks
On my profile check the post dated 04/28/14. I know it's just a prototype of sorts but the principles are excellent and I think it has potential. Tell me what you think.
jaystone501 is offline  
post #3454 of 3463 Old Today, 07:05 AM
Newbie
 
ursus999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
old mans set up small room . linn majik 109s, majik center , linn diskreet in wall rears, rel ts sub, driven by arcam 3600
ursus999 is offline  
post #3455 of 3463 Old Today, 11:19 AM
Member
 
uriah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaystone501 View Post
I came up with something for the center channel. I posted it. It's got potential to be a great idea.

I helped a friend with that sort of wiring problem by running L shaped molding at the bottom of his baseboard to function as a conduit for the wires. Being small and painted the same color as his baseboard it was not noticeable unless you looked for it. As you use tiny finishing nails it can be removed without the landlord noticing it was there.
uriah is offline  
post #3456 of 3463 Old Today, 06:00 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0


Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
evan1242 is online now  
post #3457 of 3463 Old Today, 06:12 PM
Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by uriah View Post
I helped a friend with that sort of wiring problem by running L shaped molding at the bottom of his baseboard to function as a conduit for the wires. Being small and painted the same color as his baseboard it was not noticeable unless you looked for it. As you use tiny finishing nails it can be removed without the landlord noticing it was there.
I don't have to worry about the landlord thing so I'm just running a double baseboard, used a 1.5" spacer to set the first run, run the wires under that, install the second run over it.
Helps that we were removing it to paint anyway.
ALtlOff is offline  
post #3458 of 3463 Old Today, 07:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan1242 View Post


Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Look good.

Have you tried puting the sub where your left main is and puting the main more apart with a little tow-in?

I think by physics, you might get a little more spacious sound because your main would be more apart.


Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #3459 of 3463 Old Today, 07:40 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have not tried that, but sounds like a good idea. I will try that. I'm still a total newb at this so far! The rears are spaced much farther apart than the mains. May try to match their width?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
evan1242 is online now  
post #3460 of 3463 Old Today, 07:50 PM
Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan1242 View Post
I have not tried that, but sounds like a good idea. I will try that. I'm still a total newb at this so far! The rears are spaced much farther apart than the mains. May try to match their width?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
7.1 or 5.1?
In a 5.1, where your rears are "surrounds" you'll want them spaced farther apart, in 7.1 you'll actually want them a closer together.

And if you move your sub between your center and mains, space your other main out the same distance, then also play with angling them slightly toward you, just pick what you like best.
ALtlOff is offline  
post #3461 of 3463 Old Today, 07:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtlOff View Post
7.1 or 5.1?
In a 5.1, where your rears are "surrounds" you'll want them spaced farther apart, in 7.1 you'll actually want them a closer together.

And if you move your sub between your center and mains, space your other main out the same distance, then also play with angling them slightly toward you, just pick what you like best.
It's a 5.1 right now. I will give that a try soon. I have the extra 2 RS-35 rears to make a 7.1 but they would be huge pain to run wires to.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
evan1242 is online now  
post #3462 of 3463 Old Today, 08:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan1242 View Post
I have not tried that, but sounds like a good idea. I will try that. I'm still a total newb at this so far! The rears are spaced much farther apart than the mains. May try to match their width?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Don't worry about been a total newb,
We all started somewhere!

And this is where you learn! Me telling you something and others that will chime in with other sugestions.

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #3463 of 3463 Old Today, 08:20 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sounds good. I appreciate it. I had the sub in the corner of the room and that yielded much more output but you could locate it immediately rather than it sounding like it meshed with the mains. Might just have to get a second sub for the right side.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
evan1242 is online now  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off