Forum Jump: 
 42Likes

post #3511 of 3515 Old 08-26-2014, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Nothing special here.

Four Paradigm Reference Studio 20's (the old square box ones) and the matching center. Have a set of DCM TF-1000 and TF-400 I'm debating putting into TV duty, but the 1000's are kinda big.

Stereo speakers I've got are another story, too many. Using some old 6x9 Toby's right now. Last month it was DCM Time Windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3512 of 3515 Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzz46 View Post
No room for a theatre room, so my bed room has to suffice, it's a little small, about 3.3 meters wide by 5.6 meters long, but what can you do, on the positive side the room has a double stud wall with a single car garage between it and the rest of the house, so I can crank up the volume without disturbing the rest of the house, only the sub can cause a bit of a disturbance with some movies.

Cambridge Audio 752BD
Emotiva XPA-1 X2
Emotiva XPA-3
Legacy Audio Signature se
Legacy Audio Silver Screen hd
Legacy Audio Studio hd
SVS PC-13 Ultra

The SVS is in sealed mode pressed up against the chair so it kind of acts as a tactile transducer as well, giving the sensation of having more bass without the extra SPL, the bass is nice and tight too, overall a better improvement than where I used to have it in the rear corner in 16hz mode.
The Cambridge is a nice sounding unit too, in my opinion a better player for music than the Oppo BDP93-NXE I used to have, a warm but still detailed sound with smooth mids and highs, the Legacy's would have to be the best purchases I've ever made, really really nice sounding speakers, a big improvement over my previous speakers, Paradigm Studio 100's and Jamo C809's.
Going direct into the power amps made a big difference too, and it saved me money, it's quite rare in the hifi world when you can get a big improvement in sound without spending any money.

Attachment 226689

Attachment 226697
I bet it sounds amazing, but those speakers with that tv is a little like dropping a porsche turbo engine into a ford pinto.
post #3513 of 3515 Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys, it's my first set up so it's not too crazy yet. I don't own my own place yet but I will soon & when I do I'll make a dedicated "theater room"

Speakers

-Energy Connoisseur C7 floor standing, Left & Right
-Energy Connoisseur C-C1, Center
-Energy CR-3, Rear Surrounds
Subwoofer
-SVS PB12-NSD
AVR
-Pioneer Elite SC-79
TV & Players
-Samsung 64" 550 3D, TV
-Sony PS4, Games
-Samsung BDP-5100, Blu-Ray
-Monster HTS2600, Surge Protection

I just got the Elite the other day and I LOVE it. Shortly I'll be adding some GoldenEar SuperSat3 speakers for the side surrounds for 7.1 & I also have an Emotiva UPA-200 that I bought a while ago that I'll be putting in my garage so I can listen to tunes when I work on my Subaru haha. I would also like a second sub woofer eventually that would be awesome.
post #3514 of 3515 Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranster View Post
I bet it sounds amazing, but those speakers with that tv is a little like dropping a porsche turbo engine into a ford pinto.
Haha, it does look a bit like that in the picture, but when I'm in the chair it's fine, it's a 42" TV, and I sit about 2.3 meters away form it, so I wouldn't want to go any bigger.
post #3515 of 3515 Old Today, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Home Theater Room

SPEAKERS
Fronts: Goldenear Triton One
Center: Goldernear Supercenter XL
Surround: Goldenear Invisa MPX
Rear: Goldenear Invisa MPX
Front High: Golden Ear Supersat 3