Please Join and post what speakers you have - Page 179 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 909Likes
post #5341 of 5353 Unread 03-20-2017, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I've heard that name in the forums before too... But like he said, I'd like to hear them before I spend that kind of money. I drove 3 1/2 hours to hear some Paradigm speakers and I'm glad I did bc they weren't what I was looking for.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5342 of 5353 Unread 03-20-2017, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim6801 View Post
I've heard that name in the forums before too... But like he said, I'd like to hear them before I spend that kind of money. I drove 3 1/2 hours to hear some Paradigm speakers and I'm glad I did bc they weren't what I was looking for.

I see SVS has a 90 day period with free shipping back. I could probably live with that.
post #5343 of 5353 Unread 03-20-2017, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Nothing crazy DM600 B&WClick image for larger version

Name:	HipstamaticPhoto-511725179.886014.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	2039113

post #5344 of 5353 Unread 03-20-2017, 04:18 PM

Liked: 8
Heck yeah!! I've only seen one bad review of SVS anywhere and it was on their new PB-16 Ultra. One out hundreds, maybe thousands, is really good. If I hadn't gotten such a good deal on my RF7s I would have gone with their whole lineup. And I'm definitely gonna scoop up a pair of their subs when I get the chance. I have no idea where I'm gonna put all that but who cares about that nonsense...mwhaha

post #5345 of 5353 Unread 03-21-2017, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Building my first home theater. Very excited. Very scared.

After listening to more speakers than I can remember, we went with Martin-Logan. For my aging ears, the treble was just excellent. We're installing a 7.2.4 system.

Motion 60XTs for the front, 50XT for the center, and two Dynamo 1500X's. Because of the shape of the room (no wall to the left of the seating), the rest of the speakers will be in the ceiling. Using four ElectroMotion IC for the Atmos speakers and ElectroMotion R for the side and rear channels.

I'll be hooking all this up to a Marantz SR7011 and a Sonance DSP 2-150 for the additional two channels I need.

I'll post some pics when things get set up.
post #5346 of 5353 Unread 03-21-2017, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Alright, I'll bite:

Home Theater:
Main L/R: Infinity Primus 360 Towers
Center: Infinity Beta C250
Surrounds: Micca MB42X
Sub: SVS SB12-NSD

Zone 2 (Kitchen)
Main L/R: Micca MB42x
Sub: Dayton Audio SUB-800

Desk/Computer
Logitech Z623

I have to do something about my desk. Those Logitech were a free replacement set back in 2010 when my previous desktop speakers someone gave me failed under warranty. I've always said I want to replace them with something real when they die, but they just wont die.
Seraphim6801 likes this.

Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x1300w, Fronts: Infinity Primus 360 Towers, Center: Infinity Beta 250, Surrounds: Micca MB42x, Sub: SVS SB12-NSD, Source: Custom Kodi Box

Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit, Amp: Schiit Jotunheim, Heaphones: Sennheiser HD650 and Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro
post #5347 of 5353 Unread 03-24-2017, 02:53 AM

Liked: 20
Now that I have sold my Dynaudio c1s, I ordered from e-Bay (Germany) and took delivery of these yesterday to add to my Pioneer collection (Pioneer s-2ex)
These speakers are the best finish on a speaker I have ever seen and they are heavy and solid, looking forward to connecting them up and once I have finished making up the stands I will update.
Looking forward to hearing the TAD drivers and Beryllium dual-concentric tweeters on the speakers.
I am now looking to replace my current JVC turntable for a Pioneer PL-90, so if anyone wants to sell one or knows of one please let me.
Thanks.

shivaji, darthray and audiofan1 like this.
post #5348 of 5353 Unread 03-24-2017, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I've noticed that the majority of the people here have placed the TV at a bit of height from their seating position due to which they're able to place the center speaker at their ear level. But because of the viewing angle limitations of LCD displays, I've kept my Samsung K8000 60inch where the center of its screen is at my eye level when I'm in a watching position. Because of that I have to place the center speaker at a level well below my ears. Any solution to this?
post #5349 of 5353 Unread 03-24-2017, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1267 Post(s)
Liked: 1246
Get a tilt mount for the TV. I've got mine mounted really high and it looks fine to me.

Just 'cause you're right doesn't mean I'm wrong
post #5350 of 5353 Unread 03-24-2017, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammarmalik View Post
I've noticed that the majority of the people here have placed the TV at a bit of height from their seating position due to which they're able to place the center speaker at their ear level. But because of the viewing angle limitations of LCD displays, I've kept my Samsung K8000 60inch where the center of its screen is at my eye level when I'm in a watching position. Because of that I have to place the center speaker at a level well below my ears. Any solution to this?
Yu should angle it up , it's not the same as having it higher but it does make a huge difference

When I angled my old centre up the dialogue quality doubled.

I found a compromise now, the centre speakers is a bit higher so the tv is just above my staight line sight being in the centre, but there is no way around it, it is a spectrum between perfect sound and perfect screen position. You've opted for screen position, just angle the speaker up a bit and call it a day.
darthray likes this.
post #5351 of 5353 Unread 03-24-2017, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchalfont View Post
Yu should angle it up , it's not the same as having it higher but it does make a huge difference

When I angled my old centre up the dialogue quality doubled.

I found a compromise now, the centre speakers is a bit higher so the tv is just above my staight line sight being in the centre, but there is no way around it, it is a spectrum between perfect sound and perfect screen position. You've opted for screen position, just angle the speaker up a bit and call it a day.

+1
To angle the center speaker, it can do wonder for your front stage sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammarmalik View Post

The center does not needed to be at the perfect height, compare to your mains
If you need help on how to do-it.
Quote me here, or send me a PM.
I will gladly send you some easy instruction.

Ray
post #5352 of 5353 Unread Today, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim6801 View Post
Heck yeah!! I've only seen one bad review of SVS anywhere and it was on their new PB-16 Ultra. One out hundreds, maybe thousands, is really good. If I hadn't gotten such a good deal on my RF7s I would have gone with their whole lineup. And I'm definitely gonna scoop up a pair of their subs when I get the chance. I have no idea where I'm gonna put all that but who cares about that nonsense...mwhaha

SVS are great folks to deal with.In my experience anyway.I have slowly sold and shuffled my way into 2 SVS PC-2000 cylinder subs,1 older 20-39PC Cylinder Sub.1 in each corner,
and then 1 SB12-NSD sealed sub stuffed under the coffee table in the other corner.
I'm super happy and i dont really even have their High Dollar Subs.
Though a few years ago the I considered the subs I have now High Dollar lol.I mean for me they still are but wow,I cant even imagine having a pair[or more] of those new SB or PB16-Ultras
post #5353 of 5353 Unread Today, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axememan View Post
SVS are great folks to deal with.In my experience anyway.I have slowly sold and shuffled my way into 2 SVS PC-2000 cylinder subs,1 older 20-39PC Cylinder Sub.1 in each corner,
and then 1 SB12-NSD sealed sub stuffed under the coffee table in the other corner.
I'm super happy and i dont really even have their High Dollar Subs.
Though a few years ago the I considered the subs I have now High Dollar lol.I mean for me they still are but wow,I cant even imagine having a pair[or more] of those new SB or PB16-Ultras

Big +1

Way back, when Ron S.and Tom V. own SVS (the founders and name after their last names, SV and S for Subwoofer).
An upgrade was made to the Plus series for the driver, and an offer was made to get that new driver for only $100 to old customer, thru e-mail
Since I had a PB12Plus/2, I got two of them

When, I ask on how to ship the older version.
The reply was, keep them and sell them if you wish, just don't sell the new one's, or we will cut you out of our Christmas list

For what I read all the time, there customer service has not change, since the departure of the founders.

Ray
Axememan likes this.

Last edited by darthray; Today at 06:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
amplifier advice , speaker advice