Please Join and post what speakers you have - Page 182 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 960Likes
post #5431 of 5433 Unread Today, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
I'm so glad WAF isn't a thing for me. My wife lets me get away with a lot in our living room. She knew though, that I come with good audio and a fair amount of equipment when we got married. It's just the way I am, like it or leave it. I genuinely feel for the guys who are so restricted. I couldn't imagine having to concede sq for aesthetics.

To be fair, I do keep the wires out of sight and keep it all neat, organized and tidy. We get a lot of dust in Arizona this time of the year and I dust everything at least every other day. I think staying on top of stuff like that (works for me) can help a lot when it comes to WAF. In my opinion, there's a lot of equipment that looks nice and adds to the decor.

I am also very lucky when it come the WAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams2 View Post
Agreed, I couldn't handle the WAF thing. I also try to keep my systems as neat, tidy and classy looking as I can, but I wouldn't be with somebody that was trying to tell me what I could do.

+1, and good on you for trying to keep everything tidy and classy looking.
It help a lot whit WAF

Also another thing that help, in my case anyway.
Is to get Her involve with question like "what do you think of those", but they cost "$$$$!"

This way, she feel involve and give you Her blessing
All you have to do, is pay for them, or even might get the nice surprise that she had money aside and help you with your purchase, a double

Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5432 of 5433 Unread Today, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
so another thing that help, in my case anyway.
Is to get Her involve with question like "what do you think of those", but they cost "$$$$!"

This way, she feel involve and give you Her blessing
I actually just did that yesterday! I bought a third bookshelf for a new center channel and finally put my Deftech up for sale. I showed her a couple different options (none less than $399 apiece), and saved the best for last. Earlier I'd found an Ultra BS in SVS' outlet with 2 minor scratches on it (one of them is on the bottom) for $349. I went to it, acted surprised and said, "Oh wow, look at this one honey!".. After a couple of months of threatening to buy the Ultra center ($699), $349 for the bookshelf was looking pretty good...

Quote:
All you have to do, is pay for them, or even might get the nice surprise that she had money aside and help you with your purchase, a double

Ray
Yeah, no. I don't think that will ever happen on the Pogre household.
post #5433 of 5433 Unread Today, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
I actually just did that yesterday! I bought a third bookshelf for a new center channel and finally put my Deftech up for sale. I showed her a couple different options (none less than $399 apiece), and saved the best for last. Earlier I'd found an Ultra BS in SVS' outlet with 2 minor scratches on it (one of them is on the bottom) for $349. I went to it, acted surprised and said, "Oh wow, look at this one honey!".. After a couple of months of threatening to buy the Ultra center ($699), $349 for the bookshelf was looking pretty good...

Yeah, no. I don't think that will ever happen on the Pogre household.

On the bright side, you are very savvy spender, and your man cave still call be yours

Sorry about my last, for "it will not happen the Pogre household".

Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
amplifier advice , speaker advice