Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1293 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #38761 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 1021
I'm wondering if anyone here has both the LSiM 707s and the 705s. If so, what are you using to power them?

Also wondering if anyone has moved up from the RTiA9s to the LSiM 707/705s. What are your impressions of the upgrade (both movies and music)?

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #38762 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RobLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CVG
Posts: 2,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 113
FWIW I side by sided my RtiA9's and Lsi9's (not LsiM's) and while the Lsi's sounded better for music, I still prefer the Rti's for movies and definitely for TV. In fact, I was totally disappointed with the sound of HDTV using the Lsi's.
climber07 likes this.

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 3312ci & Emo XPA-5 amp, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's, DSW660 & Lsi9's upstairs
RobLee is offline  
post #38763 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Grooms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Villages, Fl
Posts: 2,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 168
I have the 707's set up now and have had 703's and 705's in that space in the recent past. I've powered them with everything from AVR on board amps, pure class A 100 wpc amps, 1000 digital switching amps (ice), 500 wpc mono blocks, McIntosh, Plinius, Krell, Musical Fidelity, Adcom, PS Audio and on and on.

I'm currently running a Parasound A31 Halo 3 channel amp with a Marantz SR7008 powering the surrounds and rear surrounds. Good stuff!

climber07 likes this.

Hear me now, Listen to me later....
Tom Grooms is offline  
post #38764 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Senior Member
 
JyveTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Milton, WA
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Well. Just spent the last 3 hours on a road trip to Everett. Picked up those a9s that were on CL that Stan linked. Couple nicks here and there but in good shape otherwise. We did scuff one up pretty good loading it though and they didn't have the terminal bridges but for 475 bucks for the pair can't complain.

Pics soon

Ps: not for me but for my dad
JyveTurkey is offline  
post #38765 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
EndersShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,570
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 544
Folks, I'm checking out of this site for a while. If you need me or see something I might be able to discuss about Polk speakers, PM me I will try to respond.

At this point I feel I've said all I need to say about Polk speakers and any more is just reinventing the wheel. So since I have nothing new to add that wont get the thread closed, I'm out.

For those with the MiniDSP questions, I would highly suggest heading over to HomeTheaterShack since they are the REW experts.

Anyway good luck in all your endeavors and see you guys on the flip side.

If you need me or see something I might be able to discuss about Polk speakers, PM me I will try to respond. Otherwise look for me on HomeTheaterShack, Club Polk, TheCarverSite (as Bean), CarverAudio or AudioMilitia.

My Setup

 

 

Quote:
There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick

 

 

EndersShadow is offline  
post #38766 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
XStanleyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1262
Quote:
Originally Posted by JyveTurkey View Post

Well. Just spent the last 3 hours on a road trip to Everett. Picked up those a9s that were on CL that Stan linked. Couple nicks here and there but in good shape otherwise. We did scuff one up pretty good loading it though and they didn't have the terminal bridges but for 475 bucks for the pair can't complain.

Pics soon

Ps: not for me but for my dad


Great buy for those speakers. Too bad about the scuffing when they were loaded but the missing bridges are no big deal since speaker wire works just as well. Congrats to your dad.


Denon AVR-4520CI
Carver Amazing Originals/ Carver Amazing Silvers
(2) Sonotube Subs with 18" Stereo Integrity D4 Drivers
Projector: BenQ W1070
Some audio history:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=222FF...3449%21138&v=3
XStanleyX is offline  
post #38767 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Grooms View Post

I have the 707's set up now and have had 703's and 705's in that space in the recent past. I've powered them with everything from AVR on board amps, pure class A 100 wpc amps, 1000 digital switching amps (ice), 500 wpc mono blocks, McIntosh, Plinius, Krell, Musical Fidelity, Adcom, PS Audio and on and on.

I'm currently running a Parasound A31 Halo 3 channel amp with a Marantz SR7008 powering the surrounds and rear surrounds. Good stuff!


Hey Tom, what king of stand is the one you have with you 706C? Is that an Auralex Isolation pad or something like that?

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

 

My Multimedia Room Gallery

enricoclaudio is offline  
post #38768 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Grooms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Villages, Fl
Posts: 2,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 168
It's a custom DIY 3/4" MDF piece. I actually made it years ago as a way to angle down from the top of the old school CRT rear projection displays

Hear me now, Listen to me later....
Tom Grooms is offline  
post #38769 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Senior Member
 
JyveTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Milton, WA
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Folks, I'm checking out of this site for a while. If you need me or see something I might be able to discuss about Polk speakers, PM me I will try to respond.

At this point I feel I've said all I need to say about Polk speakers and any more is just reinventing the wheel. So since I have nothing new to add that wont get the thread closed, I'm out.

For those with the MiniDSP questions, I would highly suggest heading over to HomeTheaterShack since they are the REW experts.

Anyway good luck in all your endeavors and see you guys on the flip side.

If you need me or see something I might be able to discuss about Polk speakers, PM me I will try to respond. Otherwise look for me on HomeTheaterShack, Club Polk, TheCarverSite (as Bean), CarverAudio or AudioMilitia.

What happened now?

There's plenty of people talking off topic crap in this thread but are you being targeted?
zuluwalker likes this.
JyveTurkey is offline  
post #38770 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 08:40 PM
 
pokeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: gta Canada
Posts: 783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by JyveTurkey View Post


What happened now?

There's plenty of people talking off topic crap in this thread but are you being targeted?


I'm about ready to give up on this place too. Lots of snobs, no imagination or sense of humour. I can get that in real life.

pokeme is offline  
post #38771 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
BIG INJUN CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 192
A few complaints and we find ourselves here?

Seems a bit drastic. Why not weed out the complainants?

Really?? rolleyes.gif
zuluwalker likes this.
BIG INJUN CHIEF is offline  
post #38772 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
GusGus748s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Visalia, CA 93291
Posts: 6,431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post


Gotta be price. He has an extra mouth to feed now and lots of disposable diapers to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

New baby, new house... eek.gif

The X4000 is half the price of the 4520ci. biggrin.gif

Exactly. I think the X4000 offers a lot for the money. wink.gif I just haven't had time to install it.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

 

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

GusGus748s is offline  
post #38773 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
AlphaPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG INJUN CHIEF View Post

A few complaints and we find ourselves here?

Seems a bit drastic. Why not weed out the complainants?

Really?? rolleyes.gif

Rules can be needlessly taken to th extreme, but they are still needed. I'm not sure why being off topic is such a big deal here, especially since only the posts reported are the ones that get people ino trouble..
zuluwalker likes this.

Denon 4520CI on order - Polk 9.3 w/ wides
Sharp 60" - HTPC - Wii U - Sony BDP-S1100 - Monster HTS3500
DIY sealed 15" x2 sub build almost started
AlphaPie is offline  
post #38774 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
bumprunlogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Big city between DC and NYC
Posts: 764
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by JyveTurkey View Post

What happened now?

There's plenty of people talking off topic crap in this thread but are you being targeted?

See post #38748

Just a fella who loves good sound.
bumprunlogan is offline  
post #38775 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 08:51 PM
 
pokeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: gta Canada
Posts: 783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG INJUN CHIEF View Post

A few complaints and we find ourselves here?

Seems a bit drastic. Why not weed out the complainants?

Really?? rolleyes.gif


Well, I'm sure there would be no complainants if we had their addresses posted up. Easier to be a yellow livered SOB behind a keyboard from afar.

 

Polk speakers are the bomb. I'm going to keep my eyes open for some vintage stuff if I can, but I'm not certain what would suit my tastes. I'm a bit of a bass lover and don't enjoy screaming highs, mellow would be good because these will go into my garage that has many reflective surfaces.  Size doesn't matter because I'm probably going to put them up higher on the wall. 

pokeme is offline  
post #38776 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Member
 
KJSteward's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPie View Post


Rules can be needlessly taken to th extreme, but they are still needed. I'm not sure why being off topic is such a big deal here, especially since only the posts reported are the ones that get people ino trouble..

I'm a moderator on several forums. I can tell you from experience that moderator teams vary in their approach. I have one "colleague" who hates sockpuppets (multiple accounts) and hunts them down ruthlessly. He nearly IP banned my son (and therefore me) until someone told him why two members shared an IP.

My particular hate is spam. I IP ban spammers on sight. Response to off topic posting is (IMO) dependent on a variety of points such as how well the thread regulars know each other. Is a thread destroyed by being taken off topic, or can it recover? Are noobs likely to see the banter and be frightened off? Mods have to walk a fine line, and sometimes it not easy. BTW, this forum is way more lax than at least one that I moderate. Infractions would have been issued simply for the conversation about modding.

 

That's about all I have to say about the subject. I offer it only because I have several years experience at it. I'm here because I'm officially a Polkie (with a couple of offerings from SoundStage) and look forward to comparing notes with others of similar mind.


Receiver: Yamaha RX-A730 
Fronts: (Main) Polk Audio Monitor 65t (Presence) SoundStage 3D20 
Center: Polk Audio Monitor 15c 
Surrounds: L/R: Polk Audio Monitor 45b Rear: JBL SC305 
Sub: SoundStage LF500 
KJSteward is offline  
post #38777 of 39247 Old 06-07-2014, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
grigorianvlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,327
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Thanks KJStweart.
Four days ago I described this thread as follows : "Desertion and Apathy". A lot of things had changed since then. For the worse. Us, Thread Admins, stool pigeons - doesnt matter who was at fault.
Now this tread should be renamed to "A**kissing and Paranoia". Let's see what will become of this thread in another four days. Too bad I will be kicked out of it till then! mad.gif
PS. KJStewart, guess who scrams for the door after all the respected and prolific readers/writers had already quietly taken their leave? That's right. The advertisers. Sometimes overdoing your ADMIN job is worse than not doing it all.
It seems to me that you are new at this. A word of advise. Never start your communication to the posters with a "... there have been a lot of complaints about this thread...". People take it personally. WHO complained becomes more important than WHAT he/she complained about, justly or otherwise. People start pointing fingers, insinuate things, even imagine insults that had never happened. Productive members of AVS community unwillingly become vindictive bastards only because you used the wrong sentence, however accurate. You job is to foster a community. Protect it from itself. A community of like-minded individuals who are looking for information and want to communicate. As long as they dont post anything illegal (we haven't) or lewd, let them do what they do.
I realize you dont get paid for this admin work and you do this out of kindness, but it is rather obvious that what you do hurts us and the advertisers more than it helps. The departure of Enders is the proof. Here is a man who has been a subscriber for a long time. He answered thousands of questions . He evangelized the Polk brand better than any billboard over a freeway. He would have done it for another 10 years. And he leaves because some coward didnt like the topicality of our posts.
Let me summarize (as I am rambling) - to moderate is not to punish , it is to inspire. How? You figure it out.
grigorianvlad is offline  
post #38778 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 05:59 AM
Senior Member
 
JyveTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Milton, WA
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumprunlogan View Post

See post #38748

I must have missed that. Thanks for the reference.

I think I'm out too. If want forum bullying I'll go hang out at an Xbox or call of duty forum.

It is unfortunate as there's a lot of useful info here but I can find it elsewhere. There are too many av forums out there to have to put up with nonsense like this.
JyveTurkey is offline  
post #38779 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 06:04 AM
Member
 
Ckindt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35

I love my polk speakers, especially my new a9's.

 

 

I also enjoyed reading all the "off-topic" threads. They gave me some personal insight in others that enjoy similar things as I do.

Some I could relate to, others not so much, but their juxtaposition with polk was always interesting to me.

The search function worked well to filter my specific requests every time I used it.


Onkyo TX-NR929/11.1 | Outlaw 7125 | Polk:  CSi A6 C | RTi A9 powered by qsc gx5  L&R | tsx110b Ht,Wd,SS and SB | Sub - Rythmik FV15HP | Samsung 60" UN60F8000BF | Samsung BD-F5900 | Theater Room
Ckindt is offline  
post #38780 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
viper186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 235
I think part of the problem is people come in here and see the regulars talking about all kinds of topics and making jokes to and about each other with no ill will meant or taken. So they see that and want to be a part of it and get jealous. Maybe they feel like it's some kind of exclusive club or something but they don't even try to get involved or post up a lighthearted post. They just complain about it because they think they'll never be a part of it not knowing all they have to do is join in on the conversation. Asking questions and not getting a response is a whole nother matter but that rarely happens as long as someone doesn't place there qeistion in a condescending or rude format. It's just like the kid riding a dirtbike around in the woods but it happens to be somewhat adjacent to houses, 99% of the people couldn't care less but there is just that one or two bitter group of people who god forbid just can't let anyone have fun. So they either confront the kid who is not hurting a soul in the middle of the day or they go about it in a different route and call the police because this kid is disturbing the peace or they may do both. It's the same priciple here and it happens all the time in many different situations. Some people just can't leave well enough alone. It's sad that Enders moved on for sure and I think Vlad's post was on point. Oh and Polk rocks!!
viper186 is offline  
post #38781 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GusGus748s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Visalia, CA 93291
Posts: 6,431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckindt View Post

I love my polk speakers, especially my new a9's.


I also enjoyed reading all the "off-topic" threads. They gave me some personal insight in others that enjoy similar things as I do.
Some I could relate to, others not so much, but their juxtaposition with polk was always interesting to me.
The search function worked well to filter my specific requests every time I used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper186 View Post

I think part of the problem is people come in here and see the regulars talking about all kinds of topics and making jokes to and about each other with no ill will meant or taken. So they see that and want to be a part of it and get jealous. Maybe they feel like it's some kind of exclusive club or something but they don't even try to get involved or post up a lighthearted post. They just complain about it because they think they'll never be a part of it not knowing all they have to do is join in on the conversation. Asking questions and not getting a response is a whole nother matter but that rarely happens as long as someone doesn't place there qeistion in a condescending or rude format. It's just like the kid riding a dirtbike around in the woods but it happens to be somewhat adjacent to houses, 99% of the people couldn't care less but there is just that one or two bitter group of people who god forbid just can't let anyone have fun. So they either confront the kid who is not hurting a soul in the middle of the day or they go about it in a different route and call the police because this kid is disturbing the peace or they may do both. It's the same priciple here and it happens all the time in many different situations. Some people just can't leave well enough alone. It's sad that Enders moved on for sure and I think Vlad's post was on point. Oh and Polk rocks!!

I agree. This is probably the only thread that I like the most. It's fun, and everyone feels like family / friends in here because we talk about everything INCLUDING Polk Speakers. May be we should request for this thread to be moved, and change the topic to Polk Speakers and Everything Else!

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

 

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

GusGus748s is offline  
post #38782 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Geoff4RFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Just down aways from Stanley
Posts: 3,703
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1366
I agree, both Vlad and Viper make excellent points here. KJSteward should not be implemented here as he is not a mod at this site, he's one of us. Maybe it was just the wording but it looked as if he was getting a little heat from all of this.

My take is, we're all or once were Polk owners and share a common bond which leads down many roads. There has been a great camaraderie here that has even become a brotherhood, Vlad and Viper imply this as they type, but they too, as many regulars of this thread, have come in humbly and made themselves not just contributors of the thread, but brothers.

My observation is the control issues some members carry with them, they'll pop their heads in here and see us swinging from the chandeliers and say "hey, that's not talking about Polk speakers, something needs to be done".

I've also observed that when "anyone" comes in here with a topic related question, it's gets addressed and all have been encouraged and welcomed, of course, until they start complaining about having their emails flooded because they subscribed, I say just frigging unsubscribe...............but this is planet Earth and everyone draws oxygen, just not all of it gets to the brain biggrin.gif

Dave had a great idea, I think it just needs to be refined a tad and this "brotherhood" can continue.

IN OTHER NEWS:::::::::::I reran audyssey with my sub behind the seats, set my Polk Audio RTiA9 mains to full and set Double Bass in the AVR. My sub spec'ed out at +2, which is good since ideally you'd like to be between -3 and +3. So I took it up to +12 in the AVR for the final scene in Casino Royal when the air bags get shot out and the building goes under..............in my room, the floor was shaking, the seats were shaking, the walls were shaking, my gosh, I thought MY place was going under, but meanwhile, my little one was giggling delightfully as she looks at me and says "Papa, I can so feel it"

It was so worth it biggrin.gif

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat
Geoff4RFC is offline  
post #38783 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
viper186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post


I agree. This is probably the only thread that I like the most. It's fun, and everyone feels like family / friends in here because we talk about everything INCLUDING Polk Speakers. May be we should request for this thread to be moved, and change the topic to Polk Speakers and Everything Else!

My feelings mirror yours for sure Gus.
Great idea, can we just tack "Everything Else" onto the end of this thread without moving it? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

I agree, both Vlad and Viper make excellent points here. KJSteward should not be implemented here as he is not a mod at this site, he's one of us. Maybe it was just the wording but it looked as if he was getting a little heat from all of this.

My take is, we're all or once were Polk owners and share a common bond which leads down many roads. There has been a great camaraderie here that has even become a brotherhood, Vlad and Viper imply this as they type, but they too, as many regulars of this thread, have come in humbly and made themselves not just contributors of the thread, but brothers.

My observation is the control issues some members carry with them, they'll pop their heads in here and see us swinging from the chandeliers and say "hey, that's not talking about Polk speakers, something needs to be done".

I've also observed that when "anyone" comes in here with a topic related question, it's gets addressed and all have been encouraged and welcomed, of course, until they start complaining about having their emails flooded because they subscribed, I say just frigging unsubscribe...............but this is planet Earth and everyone draws oxygen, just not all of it gets to the brain biggrin.gif

Dave had a great idea, I think it just needs to be refined a tad and this "brotherhood" can continue.

IN OTHER NEWS:::::::::::I reran audyssey with my sub behind the seats, set my Polk Audio RTiA9 mains to full and set Double Bass in the AVR. My sub spec'ed out at +2, which is good since ideally you'd like to be between -3 and +3. So I took it up to +12 in the AVR for the final scene in Casino Royal when the air bags get shot out and the building goes under..............in my room, the floor was shaking, the seats were shaking, the walls were shaking, my gosh, I thought MY place was going under, but meanwhile, my little one was giggling delightfully as she looks at me and says "Papa, I can so feel it"

It was so worth it biggrin.gif

Thank you for the kind words brother. Spot on here. Although maybe my previously used term jealous was a little harsh, maybe left out would be a better descriptor. In any case I guess if the mods get enough "complaints" I'd think they have to do something or risk getting booted from their position, I could be wrong though. Wow Geoff sounds like that sub being near the couch along with those A9's really slammed. Thats awesome that your kid gets so much joy out of something you love doing. It's certainly a win win in my book. Making her happy just makes it that much more satisfying. 👍👍 In other news the women and I are off work until the 16th, no plans just kind of winging it. Gotta find something to get into.
Geoff4RFC and pokeme like this.
viper186 is offline  
post #38784 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Grooms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Villages, Fl
Posts: 2,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Why not start a Polk Audio owners group thread?
Geoff4RFC and pokeme like this.

Hear me now, Listen to me later....
Tom Grooms is offline  
post #38785 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Grooms View Post

Why not start a Polk Audio owners group thread?

Those types of threads are reserved for AVS Gold members. If you want to post off topic chat, you have to buy a membership. Everyone who posts of topic must be a Gold member. That is why there are complaints. They paid for the privilege to post on off topic threads so why can we without paying?

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is offline  
post #38786 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
 
JyveTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Milton, WA
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Anyone know of a cherry csi a6 for sale?

Yes. I haven't left the thread yet ☺
JyveTurkey is offline  
post #38787 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
XStanleyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1262

Two hundred bucks for 20 years. I paid the $25 so I wouldn't have to look at the ads. Used to have a AVS Club tag below my name but it disappeared. Dunno why. Not that it really matters as long as I don't have to look at the ads.

 

http://www.avsforum.com/a/avs-club


Denon AVR-4520CI
Carver Amazing Originals/ Carver Amazing Silvers
(2) Sonotube Subs with 18" Stereo Integrity D4 Drivers
Projector: BenQ W1070
Some audio history:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=222FF...3449%21138&v=3
XStanleyX is offline  
post #38788 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 10:27 AM
 
pokeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: gta Canada
Posts: 783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post


Those types of threads are reserved for AVS Gold members. If you want to post off topic chat, you have to buy a membership. Everyone who posts of topic must be a Gold member. That is why there are complaints. They paid for the privilege to post on off topic threads so why can we without paying?

 

I see.  I guess I'll just stop clicking on any ads to support the site and find another place to play. :(

 

IF someone here knows of some easy to use free forum software I'd be willing to host an unofficial Polk Owner Anything Goes Except porn website on my media server.  I have unlimited internet and my provider doesn't much care what I do it if isn't illegal. Only I can pull about four megabytes a second down and push just over one megabytes a second up so it should be ok for a mostly text based system with graphics hosted off site if possible.

 

Almost forgot...Polk Audio rtia9 are the roxors.

pokeme is offline  
post #38789 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RobLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CVG
Posts: 2,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Looks like I picked the wrong day to check in on this thread! Sorry to see some old timers walk away.

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 3312ci & Emo XPA-5 amp, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's, DSW660 & Lsi9's upstairs
RobLee is offline  
post #38790 of 39247 Old 06-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Member
 
KJSteward's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by grigorianvlad View Post

Thanks KJStweart.
Four days ago I described this thread as follows : "Desertion and Apathy". A lot of things had changed since then. For the worse. Us, Thread Admins, stool pigeons - doesnt matter who was at fault.
Now this tread should be renamed to "A**kissing and Paranoia". Let's see what will become of this thread in another four days. Too bad I will be kicked out of it till then! mad.gif
PS. KJStewart, guess who scrams for the door after all the respected and prolific readers/writers had already quietly taken their leave? That's right. The advertisers. Sometimes overdoing your ADMIN job is worse than not doing it all.
It seems to me that you are new at this. A word of advise. Never start your communication to the posters with a "... there have been a lot of complaints about this thread...". People take it personally. WHO complained becomes more important than WHAT he/she complained about, justly or otherwise. People start pointing fingers, insinuate things, even imagine insults that had never happened. Productive members of AVS community unwillingly become vindictive bastards only because you used the wrong sentence, however accurate. You job is to foster a community. Protect it from itself. A community of like-minded individuals who are looking for information and want to communicate. As long as they dont post anything illegal (we haven't) or lewd, let them do what they do.
I realize you dont get paid for this admin work and you do this out of kindness, but it is rather obvious that what you do hurts us and the advertisers more than it helps. The departure of Enders is the proof. Here is a man who has been a subscriber for a long time. He answered thousands of questions . He evangelized the Polk brand better than any billboard over a freeway. He would have done it for another 10 years. And he leaves because some coward didnt like the topicality of our posts.
Let me summarize (as I am rambling) - to moderate is not to punish , it is to inspire. How? You figure it out.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

I agree, both Vlad and Viper make excellent points here. KJSteward should not be implemented here as he is not a mod at this site, he's one of us. Maybe it was just the wording but it looked as if he was getting a little heat from all of this.

My take is, we're all or once were Polk owners and share a common bond which leads down many roads. There has been a great camaraderie here that has even become a brotherhood, Vlad and Viper imply this as they type, but they too, as many regulars of this thread, have come in humbly and made themselves not just contributors of the thread, but brothers.

My observation is the control issues some members carry with them, they'll pop their heads in here and see us swinging from the chandeliers and say "hey, that's not talking about Polk speakers, something needs to be done".

I've also observed that when "anyone" comes in here with a topic related question, it's gets addressed and all have been encouraged and welcomed, of course, until they start complaining about having their emails flooded because they subscribed, I say just frigging unsubscribe...............but this is planet Earth and everyone draws oxygen, just not all of it gets to the brain biggrin.gif

Dave had a great idea, I think it just needs to be refined a tad and this "brotherhood" can continue.

IN OTHER NEWS:::::::::::I reran audyssey with my sub behind the seats, set my Polk Audio RTiA9 mains to full and set Double Bass in the AVR. My sub spec'ed out at +2, which is good since ideally you'd like to be between -3 and +3. So I took it up to +12 in the AVR for the final scene in Casino Royal when the air bags get shot out and the building goes under..............in my room, the floor was shaking, the seats were shaking, the walls were shaking, my gosh, I thought MY place was going under, but meanwhile, my little one was giggling delightfully as she looks at me and says "Papa, I can so feel it"

It was so worth it biggrin.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeme View Post
 

 

I see.  I guess I'll just stop clicking on any ads to support the site and find another place to play. :(

 

IF someone here knows of some easy to use free forum software I'd be willing to host an unofficial Polk Owner Anything Goes Except porn website on my media server.  I have unlimited internet and my provider doesn't much care what I do it if isn't illegal. Only I can pull about four megabytes a second down and push just over one megabytes a second up so it should be ok for a mostly text based system with graphics hosted off site if possible.

 

Almost forgot...Polk Audio rtia9 are the roxors.

Send me a PM if you want some pointers. I'm not going any further in open forum with my comments, but I have quite a bit of info stashed away if you want to use it.

 

On another note, I'm wondering if it's a worthwhile exercise buying another pair of Monitor45s to use as front presence on my Yamaha, or whether I should use a smaller set?

Geoff4RFC likes this.

Receiver: Yamaha RX-A730 
Fronts: (Main) Polk Audio Monitor 65t (Presence) SoundStage 3D20 
Center: Polk Audio Monitor 15c 
Surrounds: L/R: Polk Audio Monitor 45b Rear: JBL SC305 
Sub: SoundStage LF500 
KJSteward is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread - Psw108 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off