Forum Jump: 

post #39091 of 39092 Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper186 View Post
I wouldn't waste your time with any of the first 3 you listed. The 505 is pretty decent but I've heard it's a bit "boomy" and the F12 could also be described as such. You may be better off raising your budget a bit and going with something like the BIC PL200, or if you can find it the Energy S10.3 or the Klipsh RW-12d. If you can move your budget up a bit more to say $500 you can start looking at the Internet Direct sub manufacturers such as HSU, SVS and the like. That being said I went from a crappy HTiB sub to the PSW110 and was pretty happy until I realized what I could get for the same $250 although I didn't pay $250 at the time lol. It produced a lot of mid bass but that was basically it. I then moved up to the S10.3 and it was much better. Way more output below 35hz where the 110 would roll off steeply, down to the mid 20's, clean and more output above 35hz as well.
After getting some advice elsewhere, I actually had the same thought and moved up to the pl200 last night. 80 more but seems like everywhere I read said it was a solid improvement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39092 of 39092 Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarson83 View Post
After getting some advice elsewhere, I actually had the same thought and moved up to the pl200 last night. 80 more but seems like everywhere I read said it was a solid improvement.
I've had excellent results from the JBL ES250P. It is a solid performing entry level subwoofer. When I received my two XV15se subs, it moved downstairs to the family room and is rockin' on. I got mine for $199 on Amazon ($485 currently) which was a great deal.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread - Psw108 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page