post #39121 of 39126 Old Today, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackforceus View Post
All,
Need some advice. I'm putting together the home theater components for my soon to be finished basement. Please advice me if you have a better recommendation. I'm thinking of setting up a 9.2

Front: Polk RTIA9 (2) - I already have this
Front Wide: Polk RTIA3 (2)
Center: Polk CSI A6 - I already have this
Side: Polk RTI A1 (2)
Rear: Polk RTI A1(2)
Sub: SVS SB2000 (2)
Receiver: Marantz SR7008 - I already have this

What do you think about this? Do I need a amplifier?
Thanks.
How big is your room and how far away will you sit from the front 3?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39122 of 39126 Old Today, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm looking to upgrade/update my HT and need some advice. Currently have H/K avr310 running four polk rt800's and a psw650 sub with a cheapo center channel in a 20'x20'x7' room open on one end. My plan was to purchase a Denon x5200 when they are more available here in Canada then find speakers. However, FutureShop Canada has RTiA5 on sale for $250 and RTiA7 on sale for $350. Is this too good to pass up? How would they pair with my Harmon until I can get the Denon?
post #39123 of 39126 Old Today, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 544
Quote:
All,
Need some advice. I'm putting together the home theater components for my soon to be finished basement. Please advice me if you have a better recommendation. I'm thinking of setting up a 9.2

Front: Polk RTIA9 (2) - I already have this
Front Wide: Polk RTIA3 (2)
Center: Polk CSI A6 - I already have this
Side: Polk RTI A1 (2)
Rear: Polk RTI A1(2)
Sub: SVS SB2000 (2)
Receiver: Marantz SR7008 - I already have this

What do you think about this? Do I need a amplifier?
Thanks.
Amp the A9's with a nice amplifier and you will be fine. The rest of those speakers wont really strain your AVR and you will have lots of headroom.

For the A9's spend money on a good nice high powered amp for them. I'd suggest at least 300wpc or more if you can swing it. The A9's LOVE LOVE LOVE power. The more you give them the better they sound.

Personally I am against using pro-amps in a HT enviornment (unless you have a dedicated equipment closet), however some folks have used the Crown XLS amps which run cool and the fans rarely kick on (one reason I dont like pro-amps in a home environment).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick

post #39124 of 39126 Old Today, 11:46 AM

Liked: 10
- The room dimensions are 250 * 180 inches. I'll be sitting at 180 inches from the front speakers.
- I'll be having a dedicated equipment closet
- Can you kindly recommend some amps that can best use these speakers? Do I need just a stereo amp for the A9's or 7-channel amp?

Thank you..
post #39125 of 39126 Old Today, 02:02 PM

Liked: 10
That opened me a whole new world for me after you suggested that Crown XLS can be used. I was thinking that amps like Emotiva, Marantz, Onkyo can be used.

- I didn't know that PRO amps can be used for HT purposes. They seem to carry a lot of watts. Won't that damage the A9's? Can anyone suggest me some models?
- Are there any similar amps that I can use for the SVS subwoofers?
post #39126 of 39126 Old Today, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
That opened me a whole new world for me after you suggested that Crown XLS can be used. I was thinking that amps like Emotiva, Marantz, Onkyo can be used.

- I didn't know that PRO amps can be used for HT purposes. They seem to carry a lot of watts. Won't that damage the A9's? Can anyone suggest me some models?
- Are there any similar amps that I can use for the SVS subwoofers?

I'm running my A9's with a QSC GX5 500watt PRO stereo amp.. and the sound is clean, powerful and the A9's love it.. I bought it second hand from a friend who did a fan mod on it so it runs silent.. my pc is louder than the amp is..

You can find videos on the fan mods for pro amps.. and the pro amps are much much cheaper than others..

Onkyo TX-NR929, QSC GX5, Polk Audio RtiA9's, CsiA6, F/XiA6's, RtiA3's,PSA xs30se, Xbox 360, PS3, hopper w/Sling, Samsung 55" LED, All controlled with a Harmony One
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread - Psw108 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page