Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1327 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #39781 of 39782 Unread Today, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Well then the good folks over at Polk either need a lesson on their own speakers or were lying to me. I asked a few employees of their thoughts about timber matching and all said they would match the original lsi series and were designed to do so. I then asked about the impedance difference. They said as long as I was using an external amp, I would be fine. Emotiva also said the running 4ohm and 8ohm speakers on the same amp will be absolutely no problem. The amplifier channels are independent. Not sure why some would say this is an issue.

Last edited by twinturboaudi; Today at 04:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39782 of 39782 Unread Today, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturboaudi View Post
I asked a few employees of their thoughts about timber matching and all said they would match the original lsi series and were designed to do so.
Eh.... I've had em both..... very different monsters... maybe your EQ can overcome it, but they are NOT IMHO timbre matching... why come out with NEW models that sound the same as the old ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturboaudi View Post
I then asked about the impedance difference. They said as long as I was using an external amp, I would be fine. Emotiva also said the running 4ohm and 8ohm speakers on the same amp will be absolutely no problem. The amplifier channels are independent. Not sure why some would say this is an issue.
My comment about impedance had to do with timbre..... the impedance dips are different, the measured spec's are different as well. The LSiM's measure BETTER than their LSi counterparts.....

Here is a link to measurements for the LSi line

This graph shows the quasi-anechoic (employing close-miking of all woofers) frequency response of the LSi25 L/R (purple trace), PSW650 subwoofer (blue trace), LSiC center channel (green trace), LSiFX side surround channel (red trace), and LSi9 rear surround channel (gold trace). All passive loudspeakers were measured at a distance of 1 meter with a 2.83-volt input and scaled for display purposes.

The LSi25's listening-window response (a five-point average of axial and +/-15-degree horizontal and vertical responses) measures +0.82/-2.34 decibels from 200 hertz to 10 kilohertz. The -3dB point is at 27 Hz, and the -6dB point is at 25 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 2.02 ohms at 94 Hz and a phase angle of -43.97 degrees at 2.2 kHz. Sensitivity averages 89 dB from 500 Hz to 2 kHz.

The LSiC's listening-window response measures +1.38/-0.77 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. An average of axial and +/-15-degree horizontal responses measures +1.54/-1.18 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The -3dB point is at 67 Hz, and the -6dB point is at 55 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 2.36 ohms at 65 Hz and a phase angle of -42.17 degrees at 1.8 kHz. Sensitivity averages 88 dB from 500 Hz to 2 kHz.

The LSiFX's three-face averaged response in dipole mode measures +1.05/-2.49 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The -3dB point is at 60 Hz, and the -6dB point is at 43 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 2.49 ohms at 46 Hz and a phase angle of -41.05 degrees at 1.8 kHz. Sensitivity averages 86 dB from 500 Hz to 2 kHz.

The LSi9's listening-window response measures +1.10/-2.18 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The -3dB point is at 59 Hz, and the -6dB point is at 47 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 2.57 ohms at 53 Hz and a phase angle of -21.31 degrees at 1.8 kHz. Sensitivity averages 88.5 dB from 500 Hz to 2 kHz.

Here is the same for the LSiM's

This graph shows the quasi-anechoic (employing close-miking of all woofers) frequency response of the LSiM707 L/R (purple trace), DSW3000 subwoofer (blue trace), LSiM706c center channel (green trace), and LSiM702 F/X surround (red trace). All passive loudspeakers were measured with grilles at a distance of 1 meter with a 2.83-volt input and scaled for display purposes.

The LSiM707’s listening-window response (a five-point average of axial and +/–15-degree horizontal and vertical responses) measures +1.05/–1.73 decibels from 200 hertz to 10 kilohertz. The –3dB point is at 34 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 30 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 3.75 ohms at 66 Hz and a phase angle of –47.96 degrees at 83 Hz.

The LSiM706c’s listening-window response measures +1.80/–2.42 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. An average of axial and +/–15-degree horizontal responses measures +1.98/–2.60 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The –3dB point is at 55 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 51 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 4.29 ohms at 8.6 kHz and a phase angle of –67.02 degrees at 84 Hz.

The LSiM702 F/X’s listening-window response measures +0.63/–3.60 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The –3dB point is at 89 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 65 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 4.78 ohms at 6.6 kHz and a phase angle of –20.37 degrees at 3.3 kHz

My Setup

Quote:
There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread - Psw108 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page