Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1328 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #39811 of 39811 Old Today, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindros88 View Post
I just bought my first set of Polk speakers. I had the energy take classic 5.1 system and I wanted to upgrade to something with a little more power. I bought the Polk CS2 and a pair of monitor70s, but kept the energy subwoofer and rear speakers the same. This is being hooked up to a Denon 1612.

I'm honestly not that impressed with the quality. It doesn't sound like much of an improvement. Did I make a bad choice of speakers, or should I upgrade my subwoofer too? I don't know what I should do.
Honestly your 1612 doesn't have the balls to drive the Monitor 70s very well. A more powerful receiver would do you well.

But the energy were also good speakers and probably sounded better as they were more efficient and easier to drive than your Monitors now are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread - Psw108 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page