Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1340 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #40171 of 40174 Unread Today, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDee View Post
Ordered Polk LSI M 705's from Polk. Any opinions on these as well as, will my NAD 326 Integrated amp be powerful enough to drive these. It is only 50 watts per channel but it is NAD and a great integrated amp. I don't listen to music blasting, just a medium comfortable volume. I will be using these for music only.
Big multi-driver floorstanding speakers.
It might sound ok at moderate levels but 50W is gonna get sucked up fairly quick I would imagine.
Try it and see and then upgrade to an external amp if the NAD has some pre-outs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40172 of 40174 Unread Today, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLee View Post
My DSW-660 has been unplugged for the past year, and I've pretty much decided we will simply leave it in the house, along with some M70's and a CS2 when we move to our retirement home at the end of the year. Having a decent sound system included in the sale price may be worth more than I could hope to get trying to sell them online.
That may well turn out to be your best bet. Sorry you weren't able to find a buyer through your on-line ad.

I must have just lucked out somehow. I placed my telephonic order with Polk for the new A7's/A5's/CSi6 on Friday afternoon, posted craigslist ads for my 75t's/55t's/CS2/PSW505 that same afternoon, and had a buyer within hours for all six speakers as a package deal. He picked them up this afternoon (Sunday), and my new Polks are due in tomorrow via freight delivery (free of charge, I might add). I sold my Monitors/PSW505 for a total of $66 less than I had paid for them over the years (paid $816, sold for $750); I think I got good value from them, and they're still in perfect condition and under warranty so the new owner should get plenty of enjoyment from them.

I should be getting the new SVS SB-2000 sometime this week (I elected for an open-box unit in the Black Ash finish for $617), and then the fun begins with recalibrating and testing out the performance of my new system vs. the old in both DTS NeoX 11.1 mode for music and Dolby Atmos/DSU 7.1.4 for movies.
post #40173 of 40174 Unread Today, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisSony View Post
Remember, that is not 125w per channel...far from it actually. I let my AVR take care of my 4 surrounds but those 265s and 255s need POWER. Sure, it will sound ok...but the difference is amazing. I ran my front three without an amp for several months while my room was under construction...and then everything changed when my Emo showed up. I mean EVERYTHING. I can't stress this enough...these in-wall speakers need power! IMO, your front three are more important that any surround speakers you have in your theater. Perhaps you could forego one of the subs and consider a new or used amp at this time? In the end though it's all about priorities for you and want you want.

Also, I use a pair of RC80is in my ceiling as rear surrounds. I wouldn't worry about upgrading them...you won't be able to tell the difference. We are talking about surround speakers here...

Just my two cents!
I was just looking at the Emo web site at their 7 channel amp - I would pay the $1500 to get those speakers running their best no problem - guess I need to learn more about using an external amp as I have only used receivers in the past. Guessing I connect something from the Onkyo 818 to the Emo and in turn that connects to the speaker wire.
post #40174 of 40174 Unread Today, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Just wanted to chime in and say hello. I've just purchased my first pair of Polk's. They are the lowly T15s, but I like them. A month and a half ago, I was looking at tower speakers and narrowed it down to the Infinity Primus P363 and the Polk Monitor 70s. I got an alert that the Infinitys were $99 each on a flash sale at the Official Infinity Amazon store. I sprang and got them, but I've been wondering what the Monitor 70s would have been like. An almost buyers remorse. I'm going to build a second system and Polk towers will be front and center. All this from the T15s. I turn them on at night, and like the midrange and treble, though they have no bass, I can only imagine what a decent Polk tower can do.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread - Psw108 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page