Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1340 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #40171 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDee View Post
Ordered Polk LSI M 705's from Polk. Any opinions on these as well as, will my NAD 326 Integrated amp be powerful enough to drive these. It is only 50 watts per channel but it is NAD and a great integrated amp. I don't listen to music blasting, just a medium comfortable volume. I will be using these for music only.
Big multi-driver floorstanding speakers.
It might sound ok at moderate levels but 50W is gonna get sucked up fairly quick I would imagine.
Try it and see and then upgrade to an external amp if the NAD has some pre-outs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40172 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLee View Post
My DSW-660 has been unplugged for the past year, and I've pretty much decided we will simply leave it in the house, along with some M70's and a CS2 when we move to our retirement home at the end of the year. Having a decent sound system included in the sale price may be worth more than I could hope to get trying to sell them online.
That may well turn out to be your best bet. Sorry you weren't able to find a buyer through your on-line ad.

I must have just lucked out somehow. I placed my telephonic order with Polk for the new A7's/A5's/CSi6 on Friday afternoon, posted craigslist ads for my 75t's/55t's/CS2/PSW505 that same afternoon, and had a buyer within hours for all six speakers as a package deal. He picked them up this afternoon (Sunday), and my new Polks are due in tomorrow via freight delivery (free of charge, I might add). I sold my Monitors/PSW505 for a total of $66 less than I had paid for them over the years (paid $816, sold for $750); I think I got good value from them, and they're still in perfect condition and under warranty so the new owner should get plenty of enjoyment from them.

I should be getting the new SVS SB-2000 sometime this week (I elected for an open-box unit in the Black Ash finish for $617), and then the fun begins with recalibrating and testing out the performance of my new system vs. the old in both DTS NeoX 11.1 mode for music and Dolby Atmos/DSU 7.1.4 for movies.
post #40173 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisSony View Post
Remember, that is not 125w per channel...far from it actually. I let my AVR take care of my 4 surrounds but those 265s and 255s need POWER. Sure, it will sound ok...but the difference is amazing. I ran my front three without an amp for several months while my room was under construction...and then everything changed when my Emo showed up. I mean EVERYTHING. I can't stress this enough...these in-wall speakers need power! IMO, your front three are more important that any surround speakers you have in your theater. Perhaps you could forego one of the subs and consider a new or used amp at this time? In the end though it's all about priorities for you and want you want.

Also, I use a pair of RC80is in my ceiling as rear surrounds. I wouldn't worry about upgrading them...you won't be able to tell the difference. We are talking about surround speakers here...

Just my two cents!
I was just looking at the Emo web site at their 7 channel amp - I would pay the $1500 to get those speakers running their best no problem - guess I need to learn more about using an external amp as I have only used receivers in the past. Guessing I connect something from the Onkyo 818 to the Emo and in turn that connects to the speaker wire.
post #40174 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Just wanted to chime in and say hello. I've just purchased my first pair of Polk's. They are the lowly T15s, but I like them. A month and a half ago, I was looking at tower speakers and narrowed it down to the Infinity Primus P363 and the Polk Monitor 70s. I got an alert that the Infinitys were $99 each on a flash sale at the Official Infinity Amazon store. I sprang and got them, but I've been wondering what the Monitor 70s would have been like. An almost buyers remorse. I'm going to build a second system and Polk towers will be front and center. All this from the T15s. I turn them on at night, and like the midrange and treble, though they have no bass, I can only imagine what a decent Polk tower can do.
post #40175 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettmr View Post
I was just looking at the Emo web site at their 7 channel amp - I would pay the $1500 to get those speakers running their best no problem - guess I need to learn more about using an external amp as I have only used receivers in the past. Guessing I connect something from the Onkyo 818 to the Emo and in turn that connects to the speaker wire.
If the Onkyo has pre-outs you're in luck.
Just connect the RCA pre-outs to each channel of the amp input (one RCA cable to each channel) and the corresponding speaker channel out of amp to speaker.
Most likey you'll have to go in and assign the preouts for each channel in the setup section of the Onkyo receiver.
post #40176 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Bliss View Post
Just wanted to chime in and say hello. I've just purchased my first pair of Polk's. They are the lowly T15s, but I like them. A month and a half ago, I was looking at tower speakers and narrowed it down to the Infinity Primus P363 and the Polk Monitor 70s. I got an alert that the Infinitys were $99 each on a flash sale at the Official Infinity Amazon store. I sprang and got them, but I've been wondering what the Monitor 70s would have been like. An almost buyers remorse. I'm going to build a second system and Polk towers will be front and center. All this from the T15s. I turn them on at night, and like the midrange and treble, though they have no bass, I can only imagine what a decent Polk tower can do.
T15's were my first Polks too. I actually won the $500 monthly drawing Polk has when you register your speakers online when I bought them. So they jump started my home theater addiction.

Panasonic P60U54
Pioneer VSX-1122 K
Polk Audio RTi8's, CSi5, RTi6's, OWM3's
SVSound PC12 Plus, PC Ultra (12")
PS3
post #40177 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Congrats! I got the $500 monthly drawing form from mine as well. Oh, the possibilities if I won...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #40178 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any help how to get the 50% off coupon?
Thank You.
post #40179 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
I must have just lucked out somehow. I placed my telephonic order with Polk for the new A7's/A5's/CSi6 on Friday afternoon, posted craigslist ads for my 75t's/55t's/CS2/PSW505 that same afternoon, and had a buyer within hours for all six speakers as a package deal...

(I elected for an open-box unit in the Black Ash finish for $617), and then the fun begins with recalibrating and testing out the performance of my new system vs. the old in both DTS NeoX 11.1 mode for music and Dolby Atmos/DSU 7.1.4 for movies.
Thanks for the response. You were fortunate indeed! But then you live in a very large metro area there in Atlanta. I'll be driving thru there this weekend on the way to Florida for a few weeks. I tend to avoid CL as I've heard of a few bad experiences, and generally prefer either to go thru friends or just give stuff away. It's getting to where we have so much stuff in the house I just want to get rid of it.

I've had good luck buying open box equipment in the past from Huppins/OneCall. Sounds like you got a great deal on that sub. Have fun with your new toys!

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 4520ci & Emo XPA-5 amp, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's, TV room: Rti6's & Rti4's, Csi3, Klipsch SW-450... Bedroom: Lsi9's on an Onkyo TX-8050
post #40180 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymk View Post
Any help how to get the 50% off coupon? Thank You.
If you order from Polk online you will start to receive their coupons in you email. All I bought was some repair parts, but that was enough to get my email registered.
AnnapolisSony likes this.

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 4520ci & Emo XPA-5 amp, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's, TV room: Rti6's & Rti4's, Csi3, Klipsch SW-450... Bedroom: Lsi9's on an Onkyo TX-8050
post #40181 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Polk

I appreciated.
I will try to order something small and get the email registered.
Actually needing a center channel for my home theater.
Was debating between the klipsch RC62 or Polk.
The 50% off will definitely make my decision easy.
Thank You.
post #40182 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 16
After some agonizing internal debate on which speaker to buy, as this was obviously a life altering decision, I elected to get the FXi A6. The RTi A3s would have stuck out twice as far mounted to the back wall, and after lots of measuring, I decided the FXi A6s would work much better in my room due to the only feasible location being the wall behind my couch that my couch is pushed up against. Thus I'm leaving my A3s as fronts with my CSi A6 center. Finally a full 5.0 set up!!! I think my set up is now complete until I move from my condo to a house!

Huge shoutout to AnnapolisSony for the 50% coupon that made this all possible!!
AnnapolisSony likes this.

Last edited by zpatter1; Yesterday at 07:22 PM. Reason: Added "coupon"
post #40183 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettmr View Post
First off, your 818 has pre-outs so connecting an amp is a piece of cake. Secondly, if you can afford the XPA-7, it might not be a bad idea to feed all 7 of your speakers. If you go with the 265LS for R and L fronts, they both max at 200w/channel. For some reason, the 255C-LS (and the 255C-RT) max out at 150w/channel (why Polk doesn't build them to a 200w max is beyond me). However, you indicated that you bought LSiM703s for use as rears and I saw that speaker is rated at 200w/channel as well. The reason I say all of this is that a 200w/channel amp would be very well suited for all of the speakers you plan to use EXCEPT for the pair of RC80is. You could either upgrade them and get the 7-channel Emo OR just go with a 5-channel Emo. If you went 5-channel you would be getting 200 to your L-C-R and to your LSiM703s and you'd save $600. Then you could just Let your 818 handle the power to your rear surrounds in the ceiling???

Displays: Epson 5030UB | 100-inch Elite Sable Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV
Sources: Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Sonos Connect | Apple TV
Speakers: Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | Subwoofers: PSA XV-15se X 2
Controls:Wall-mounted iPad AVS Forum Thread: 904WMC Media Room Thread
post #40184 of 40185 Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymk View Post
I appreciated.
I will try to order something small and get the email registered.
Actually needing a center channel for my home theater.
Was debating between the klipsch RC62 or Polk.
The 50% off will definitely make my decision easy.
Thank You.
Not using mine.
Sent you a PM with the code.

Receiver: Denon AVR-4520CISpeakers:Fronts: Polk Rti A7 /Center: Polk csiA6 /Surrounds: Polk Fxi A6SUB: Rythmik LV12R X2Source: Pioneer BDP62FDDisplay:Panasonic TC P50S60[/SIZE]
post #40185 of 40185 Unread Today, 03:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpatter1 View Post
Finally a full 5.0 set up!!! I think my set up is now complete until I move from my condo to a house!

Huge shoutout to AnnapolisSony for the 50% coupon that made this all possible!!
You are welcome. Glad I could help out a fellow Polkie. Oh, and for what's its worth, your set up is NEVER complete! It is only a matter time before you get the bug for an upgrade! Particularly when that F&F code shows up in your inbox a couple of times a year....LOL

Displays: Epson 5030UB | 100-inch Elite Sable Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV
Sources: Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Sonos Connect | Apple TV
Speakers: Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | Subwoofers: PSA XV-15se X 2
Controls:Wall-mounted iPad AVS Forum Thread: 904WMC Media Room Thread
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread - Psw108 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page