Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1351 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #40501 of 40505 Old Today, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggubullet View Post
Hi I m deciding between Polk tower speakers for music listening 80%. Best bet Polk tsi500 400 or 300 I don't want to buy a sub so I m looking for a good 2 channel output. Thanks.
RtiA5 or 7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40502 of 40505 Old Today, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Hi I m deciding between Polk tower speakers for music listening 80%. Best bet Polk tsi500 400 or 300 I don't want to buy a sub so I m looking for a good 2 channel output. Thanks.
I currently have both the rti A7's and lism 705's, both of which I use mostly for music. I'm surprised at how well the A7's perform against the higher end line. They are certainly brighter (which I like) but also have very good bass response...not as rounded at the 705's but seem to go about as deep. Haven't heard the tsi line, but everything I've read says to step up to rti if you can. I got mine for $750/pair, so watch for the sales.
post #40503 of 40505 Old Today, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
In addition to highly recommending you step up to the RTi A series like everyone else, I'll offer an alternative solution. Since price is likely a factor, what about buying the RTi A1 bookshelves and a NX-BAS-500 sub?

Front L&R: Polk RTi A3 (cherry finish)
Center: Polk CSi A6 (cherry finish)
Surrounds: Polk FXi A6 (black finish)
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V673
TV: 55" LCD
post #40504 of 40505 Old Today, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
fellow polkies I just bought the last RTI6 bookshelfs refurbished from the polk ebay store to replace my monitor 40's as my fronts. I am currently using the CSI3 center but would I see a significant difference by moving up to the CSI5? thanks
zpatter1 likes this.
post #40505 of 40505 Old Today, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by riley08 View Post
fellow polkies I just bought the last RTI6 bookshelfs refurbished from the polk ebay store to replace my monitor 40's as my fronts. I am currently using the CSI3 center but would I see a significant difference by moving up to the CSI5? thanks
The Csi5 is huge compared to the Csi3 and has two rear ports. We use a Csi3 with RtiA3's (formerly Rti6's) in the family room due to size constraints, and the closed back cabinet of the Csi3 allows it to be tucked under the TV riser.

On one hand the 6" drivers in the Csi5 will match the Rti6's, but to be honest, when it comes to TV (what we use the Csi3/Rti6's for) the difference is unimportant. If you watch a lot of movies you will get more oomph from the Csi5 vs the Csi3 and it will tend to deliver male voices better. In short, the Csi3 has its advantages, but the Csi5 will do a better job of filling a larger room with sound.

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 4520ci & Emo XPA-5 amp, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's. TV room: RtiA3's & Rti4 surrounds, Csi3, Klipsch SW-450, Yamaha 565... Bedroom: Lsi9's on an Onkyo TX-8050
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread - Psw108 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page