Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1354 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #40591 of 40594 Old 07-01-2015, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredseahawks View Post
I'm also thinking about buying a PSA sub. Does anyone here have a PSA sub with cherry finish and do they match the a9's?
I have PSA XS30 Cordovan Cherry and is not an exact match. A9's cherry is on the orange side and the cordovan is a bit more redish.

If they are not going to be located in a place with direct light it is close...........However, more direct light / sunlight on them and you should be able to tell the difference really easy.

Here is a quick pic for your reference (please take in consideration aperture on the lens is playing a role here - in real light conditions the match is much closer):

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40592 of 40594 Old 07-05-2015, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I originally posted this as it's own thread, but haven't received any replies, so I apologize for the double post:

side surround choice
Hello all,
I'm replacing a Polk wireless F/X surround unit that was damaged in a flood. I have $350 with which to replace it, although I can go a little higher ($400). I'd prefer to go the non-wireless route this time. I have attached a rough drawing of my family room. This issues I run into in this room are that the couch must be placed no greater than 1.5 ft from the back wall which has windows, and the left side of the room is open to the kitchen, forcing me to mount the side speakers on stands. The ceiling is 8 ft. My current setup is as follows:

FR and FL Polk Tsi400
Center Polk CS10
Sub Polk Psw 505
Marantz NR1602 receiver
JVC 61" DLP tv

Usage will be 85% movies and gaming and 15% music. I haven't been able to test any speakers, but have been looking at discussions and reviews of Polk F/XiA4 and FXiA6 as well as the Klipsch RS-42 II. I'd really appreciate input on this decision. Given my room layout, would bi/dipole speakers work best? I can place them up to 4 ft away from the primary listening position (couch). If not, do you have any other suggestions? I will be moving in three years, so this is not a long-term setup.

Also, I do hope to upgrade my speakers someday to the RTIa 7 or 9, so I would want something with future flexibility.
Thanks!
Kim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0449.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	813410  
post #40593 of 40594 Old 07-05-2015, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kps92 View Post
I originally posted this as it's own thread, but haven't received any replies, so I apologize for the double post:

side surround choice
Hello all,
I'm replacing a Polk wireless F/X surround unit that was damaged in a flood. I have $350 with which to replace it, although I can go a little higher ($400). I'd prefer to go the non-wireless route this time. I have attached a rough drawing of my family room. This issues I run into in this room are that the couch must be placed no greater than 1.5 ft from the back wall which has windows, and the left side of the room is open to the kitchen, forcing me to mount the side speakers on stands. The ceiling is 8 ft. My current setup is as follows:

FR and FL Polk Tsi400
Center Polk CS10
Sub Polk Psw 505
Marantz NR1602 receiver
JVC 61" DLP tv

Usage will be 85% movies and gaming and 15% music. I haven't been able to test any speakers, but have been looking at discussions and reviews of Polk F/XiA4 and FXiA6 as well as the Klipsch RS-42 II. I'd really appreciate input on this decision. Given my room layout, would bi/dipole speakers work best? I can place them up to 4 ft away from the primary listening position (couch). If not, do you have any other suggestions? I will be moving in three years, so this is not a long-term setup.

Also, I do hope to upgrade my speakers someday to the RTIa 7 or 9, so I would want something with future flexibility.
Thanks!
Kim
I would get the FXi A6s because you won't wonder what you're missing if you get the A4s. Or you could get RTi A3s for fronts and move the towers to surrounds
climber07 likes this.

Front L&R: Polk RTi A3 (cherry finish)
Center: Polk CSi A6 (cherry finish)
Surrounds: Polk FXi A6 (black finish)
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V673
TV: 55" LCD
post #40594 of 40594 Unread Today, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Posted this in a separate thread. Just hoping for some good advice.

Vintage Polks vs newer Polks in a HT.

Currently going through a master bath renovation and along with that we are expanding over our garage behind the master bath to put in an office/man cave. Because of this I have been given the green light to get new equipment the the man cave.

Through all this I have contemplated whether it would be worth it to also upgrade my vintage Polk S10 speakers in the basement home theater. I've thought about replacing them with Polk Monitor 60 speakers. Would this be a big upgrade or negligible?

I currently have the Polk S10s as fronts, a Polk CS10 center (have a CS2 in a box), Polk R150s as both surrounds and back surrounds, and a PA-120 subwoofer.

For the man cave I have Monitor 40s for fronts, CS10 for center, R150 as surrounds, and either a Polk psw505 or BIC H100 as the sub and a Denon S700W as receiver.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread - Psw108 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page