Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1421 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 1014Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #42601 of 42607 Old 07-24-2016, 07:15 AM
Member
 
tegage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmack500 View Post
Speaking of speaker stands, does anybody have a link to some nice sturdy stands for the LSIM-703's bookshelves?
I have my 703s on these. They are very substantial. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1


Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

LG 65EF9500
Oppo BDP-103
Polk LSiM703, LSiM704C, LSi 7
Rythmik A370PEQ2 sub
Outlaw 975
Outlaw 7125
tegage is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42602 of 42607 Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM
Member
 
Airsculpture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Anyone had any issues with auto switch on and auto switch off feature on their Polk Sub ?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FrontL&R - Polk TSx550t in Cherry
Centre - Polk CSiA6 in Cherry
Surrounds - Mission 77DS
Subwoofer - Polk PSW125 in Cherry
Receiver - Pioneer VSX-9140THX
Airsculpture is online now  
post #42603 of 42607 Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,069
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsculpture View Post
Anyone had any issues with auto switch on and auto switch off feature on their Polk Sub ?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is a common problem with many subwoofer brands and models. It all depends on the cables used, cable length, connections, receiver, and any interference that my be injected into the subwoofer cable. It is rarely the fault of the subwoofer.

What problems are you having? Not turning on, turning off at low levels, not turning off?

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is offline  
post #42604 of 42607 Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have 4 Polk FXI A6's that I will be using as the rear and side surrounds in a 7.4.2 system. Unfortunatly I have no way of mounting these at ear level to the wall and have to mount them to the ceiling. I am having an extremely hard time finding something that can hold them and allow me to angle them at about a 45 degree angle. Anyone here have any ideas? Speakers way about 13 pounds each. I appreciate any sugestions.
jcp_matrix is offline  
post #42605 of 42607 Old Today, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
EndersShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,089
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp_matrix View Post
I have 4 Polk FXI A6's that I will be using as the rear and side surrounds in a 7.4.2 system. Unfortunatly I have no way of mounting these at ear level to the wall and have to mount them to the ceiling. I am having an extremely hard time finding something that can hold them and allow me to angle them at about a 45 degree angle. Anyone here have any ideas? Speakers way about 13 pounds each. I appreciate any sugestions.
Why angle them at all? Nothing wrong with having them higher than your ear. Its actually THX standard policy to have them 2 feet or more ABOVE the listener...

Here is where my LSi F/X's are mounted...






From the THX website

Quote:
Surround Left & Right Speakers (SL & SR): Place the SL & SR speakers between 90° to 110° to each side and 2 feet or higher above the listener. The SL & SR speakers recreate the enveloping sound and intense special effects that you experience in the cinema.
However they "suggest" using direct firing rear surrounds in a 7.1 over bi-pole, but I think thats more a suggestion than a requirement.

Quote:
Surround Back Left & Right Speakers (SBL & SBR)*: The SBL & SBR speakers should be the direct firing type and placed together on the back wall. This allows the THX Advanced Speaker Array, or ASA technology to deliver its maximum effect. If the SBL and the SBR speakers can not be placed together, refer to your THX Certified Pre-amplifier or Receiver’s “THX Set Up” menu for alternative configurations.

My Setup

 

 

Quote:
There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick

 

 

EndersShadow is online now  
post #42606 of 42607 Unread Today, 11:41 AM
Member
 
Airsculpture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
That is a common problem with many subwoofer brands and models. It all depends on the cables used, cable length, connections, receiver, and any interference that my be injected into the subwoofer cable. It is rarely the fault of the subwoofer.

What problems are you having? Not turning on, turning off at low levels, not turning off?


First and last. Nine times out of ten I switch it on and off manually


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FrontL&R - Polk TSx550t in Cherry
Centre - Polk CSiA6 in Cherry
Surrounds - Mission 77DS
Subwoofer - Polk PSW125 in Cherry
Receiver - Pioneer VSX-9140THX
Airsculpture is online now  
post #42607 of 42607 Unread Today, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
EndersShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,089
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsculpture View Post
First and last. Nine times out of ten I switch it on and off manually


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
See if there is a setting in the pioneer to increase the voltage being sent out by the AVR. Also how long of a cable are you using, and what brand, etc.

My Setup

 

 

Quote:
There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick

 

 

EndersShadow is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off