Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1428 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 1100Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #42811 of 42835 Old 09-16-2016, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
SupaKats's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooseLucky View Post
Yes I have a sub. It does work hard though. I have everything crossed at 80 hz, including the new center. I was thinking of crossing my RTi10s at 60 or 40 hz.
What is the sub. If it is a quality sub I wouldn't really see the point of going below 80 but if it is on the cheaper end its possible it could help.

My Basement HT/Gaming/Bar Space.

Official Hip Hop Thread

Equipment

Epson 8350 on a 100" Visual Apex screen, Pioneer VSX-53, Polk RTi A5(x2) CSi 5 RTi A1 (x2) RTi 4(x2), Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, PS3, XBox 360 with HD-DVD add-on.
SupaKats is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42812 of 42835 Old 09-16-2016, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PretzelFisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooseLucky View Post
Yes I have a sub. It does work hard though. I have everything crossed at 80 hz, including the new center. I was thinking of crossing my RTi10s at 60 or 40 hz.
I wouldn't start crossing over at 60 or 40 unless you can measure the response and make sure you don't start canceling out your base.
PretzelFisch is online now  
post #42813 of 42835 Old 09-16-2016, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mr266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimDub13 View Post
Ultimately its going to come down to how they sound to YOU.

Whether the RTiA 7 at $1000.00 pr will sound better than the S60 at at $900.00 pr is never going to be a straight black and white answer.

Giving the chance i would not mind comparing the RTiA 7 , S60 and the TSx 550T.

Some how i suspect the TSx line is a highly underrated speaker.
Although I have not heard the S60 (obviously), I did compare the RTI line with the TSX line when I made my purchase. Although I liked all of the TSX's on initial listen, when compared to any of the RTI line (and depending on the type of music) you start to hear the difference in the vocals especially. The 550T (the best of that line in my opinion) had, at times, a slightly unnatural sound to the vocals, while the RTI line had almost a live on-stage sound to the vocals. I ended up with the RTI8's (RTI A5) along with a subwoofer, which I felt was the best trade-off of not having to have extra amps, getting the great Polk highs, and then adding the lows.
zpatter1 likes this.

WDTV Live SMP with WD EX4100 NAS
Polk RTI8 Front, Polk CSI5 Center, Polk RTI4 Surround
MTX SW2 12” SUB, Sharp AQUOS LC-70C6400U
URC-WR7 Universal Remote
Motorola QIP7232 (P2) FIOS DVR, Sony BDP-S590 Blu Ray Player
Panasonic SA-HE100 AVR,Technics SL-B20 Turntable
mr266 is online now  
post #42814 of 42835 Old 09-16-2016, 07:37 AM
Senior Member
 
slimDub13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Okc.
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post
Although I have not heard the S60 (obviously), I did compare the RTI line with the TSX line when I made my purchase. Although I liked all of the TSX's on initial listen, when compared to any of the RTI line (and depending on the type of music) you start to hear the difference in the vocals especially. The 550T (the best of that line in my opinion) had, at times, a slightly unnatural sound to the vocals, while the RTI line had almost a live on-stage sound to the vocals. I ended up with the RTI8's (RTI A5) along with a subwoofer, which I felt was the best trade-off of not having to have extra amps, getting the great Polk highs, and then adding the lows.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
My RTiA 7 continues to impress me. Feed it quality recording and you will be impressed.

I have always been curious the dual mid drivers and dual 8" drivers on the TSx 550s.
zpatter1 likes this.

Receiver: Denon AVR-4520CI Speakers:Fronts: Polk Rti A7 /Center: Polk csiA6 /Surrounds: Polk Fxi A6 SUB: Rythmik LV12R x2 Source: Pioneer BDP62FD Display:Panasonic TC P50S60[/SIZE]
slimDub13 is offline  
post #42815 of 42835 Old 09-16-2016, 10:44 AM
Newbie
 
ChooseLucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKats View Post
What is the sub. If it is a quality sub I wouldn't really see the point of going below 80 but if it is on the cheaper end its possible it could help.
Well I just got the Klipsch R-115SW a couple of weeks ago, and it is about 1000x better than my previous sub, which honestly was more like a toy. I'm in Canada where ID subs don't offer the value advantage that they do in the States.

My family expects a lot of BOOM BOOM for the money I shelled out for the new sub, and sometimes I think it sounds a bit bloated and maybe overdriven. Even with the gain knob at the 11'oclock position YPAO still sets it at -10. I run it at -3 and sometimes 0 depending on source material. Still I might try and turn down the sub trim gradually so nobody notices.

I really like the bass the RTi10 provides for music so I might create a seperate profile for movies and music where I cross lower for music.

Panasonic 55ST60 , Yamaha RX-A1050, Polk RTi10s w/ Marantz MM7025, Polk CSiA6, Polk FXi3s, Klipsch R-115SW
ChooseLucky is offline  
post #42816 of 42835 Old 09-16-2016, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RobLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida Suncoast
Posts: 2,367
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooseLucky View Post
I really like the bass the RTi10 provides for music so I might create a seperate profile for movies and music where I cross lower for music.
Many of us here who own larger Rti's (10/12/A7/A9's) do just that... for example, cross at 40Hz for movies, and run full range stereo for music.

Denon AVR-4520ci, Polk Rti12's, Csi5, Rti8 surrounds, some Klipsch subs... Bedroom: Lsi9's on an Onkyo TX-8050
RobLee is offline  
post #42817 of 42835 Old 09-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I'm not sure if I should post a separate thread, but I'm wondering what I should do about my RT600i?

I have 4 of them 850 mi away at my mom's house. I don't have a vehicle big enough to get them. Between rental and gas etc, it would cost me $500-800 to pick them up. Is it worth it, or should I tell my mom to donate/sell them and use the moving money towards something new?
mrwuf is offline  
post #42818 of 42835 Old 09-19-2016, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwuf View Post
I'm not sure if I should post a separate thread, but I'm wondering what I should do about my RT600i?

I have 4 of them 850 mi away at my mom's house. I don't have a vehicle big enough to get them. Between rental and gas etc, it would cost me $500-800 to pick them up. Is it worth it, or should I tell my mom to donate/sell them and use the moving money towards something new?
About $170 a pair on eBay. Not sure where you're at but selling them and buying something newer might be more feasible
mrwuf likes this.
laserjock II is online now  
post #42819 of 42835 Old 09-21-2016, 08:23 AM
Member
 
confinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by confinoj View Post
So my plan had to be altered. Turned out a stud was in way the for larger cut out of the 65RT and it's possibly a load bearing wall. Didn't want to risk it. So decided to get bookshelfs - RTi A3s as fronts and place on stands flanking TV. Got CSiA4 for center and will raise TV on new stand a bit to fit underneath. Replacing rears with OWM3s in white (white room). Only non-polk item will be sub - getting the RLS Speedwoofer 10s which gets rave reviews yet still rather compact. I will use the current in wall RC55is as front height speakers in a 7.1 setup since they are already fairly high on the wall. Should overall be a substantial step up for me. Everything is on it's way. Can't wait.
Upgrade finally complete after several iterations. Initially got RTi A3's and CSi A4 in black but swapped for cherry. Much nicer. Opted to wall mount TV but had to find a mount that could span 3 studs as one is centered right at center of TV. First RSL speed woofer 10s died first day so got a replacement. Decided I wanted to go for larger CSi A6 center for better sound and match to RTiA3 drivers since I had the space with TV mounted. So now I have:

RTiA3 fronts
CSi A6 center
OWM3 surrounds
In wall RC55i used as front heights (previously used as L/R fronts)
RSL speedwoofer 10s
Denon AVR-1912

Have to re-run Audessey with replacement sub and larger CSi A6 but everything sounds great. Huge difference from old polk RM705 system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1672961   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	1672969  

Last edited by confinoj; 09-21-2016 at 11:09 AM.
confinoj is online now  
post #42820 of 42835 Old 09-21-2016, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PretzelFisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by confinoj View Post
Upgrade finally complete after several iterations. Initially got RTi A3's and CSi A4 in black but swapped for cherry. Much nicer. Opted to wall mount TV but had to find a mount that could span 3 studs as one is centered right at center of TV. First RSL speed woofer 10s died first day so got a replacement. Decided I wanted to go for larger CSi A6 center for better sound and match to RTiA3 drivers since I had the space with TV mounted. So now I have:

RTiA3 fronts
CSi A6 center
OWM3 surrounds
In wall RCi55 used as front heights (previously used as L/R fronts)
RSL speedwoofer 10s
Denon AVR-1912

Have to re-run Audessey with replacement sub and larger CSi A6 but everything sounds great. Huge difference from old polk RM705 system.
looks good. if you pull the speakers forward so they are in front of the cabnet they probably will sound better too.
PretzelFisch is online now  
post #42821 of 42835 Old 09-21-2016, 11:03 AM
Member
 
bwturner1951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can I get an informed opinion on what crossover freq works best for my four Polk RC65i speakers that I use for my L/R front mains and L/R surrounds? I know the spec sheet shows a 32 Hz to 20KHz response but I don't know where the roll-off begins on the low end. I have a Def Tech SuperCube 4000 as my LFE driver. All these are hooked to a Denon AVR 4200 in a 5.1 configuration. (And yes, I have a center channel speaker.)


"I know just enough to be dangerous but too little to be embarrassed by asking dumb questions."
bwturner1951 is offline  
post #42822 of 42835 Old 09-21-2016, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwturner1951 View Post
Can I get an informed opinion on what crossover freq works best for my four Polk RC65i speakers that I use for my L/R front mains and L/R surrounds? I know the spec sheet shows a 32 Hz to 20KHz response but I don't know where the roll-off begins on the low end. I have a Def Tech SuperCube 4000 as my LFE driver. All these are hooked to a Denon AVR 4200 in a 5.1 configuration. (And yes, I have a center channel speaker.)


"I know just enough to be dangerous but too little to be embarrassed by asking dumb questions."
Set them all to small and 80Hz
laserjock II is online now  
post #42823 of 42835 Old 09-21-2016, 12:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
About $170 a pair on eBay. Not sure where you're at but selling them and buying something newer might be more feasible
Thanks! That's where I was leaning.
mrwuf is offline  
post #42824 of 42835 Old 09-21-2016, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chi_guy50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,102
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by confinoj View Post
Upgrade finally complete after several iterations. Initially got RTi A3's and CSi A4 in black but swapped for cherry. Much nicer. Opted to wall mount TV but had to find a mount that could span 3 studs as one is centered right at center of TV. First RSL speed woofer 10s died first day so got a replacement. Decided I wanted to go for larger CSi A6 center for better sound and match to RTiA3 drivers since I had the space with TV mounted. So now I have:

RTiA3 fronts
CSi A6 center
OWM3 surrounds
In wall RC55i used as front heights (previously used as L/R fronts)
RSL speedwoofer 10s
Denon AVR-1912

Have to re-run Audessey with replacement sub and larger CSi A6 but everything sounds great. Huge difference from old polk RM705 system.
That looks beautiful. Those of us with living room setups (and WAF and/or OCD to deal with) are faced with challenges and compromises that HT owners and the aesthetically indifferent can bypass.

I've got 14 speakers in my living room's main listening area and not a wire to be seen (WAF and OCD in play here). In my case, the slow, incremental creep from a small-format 5.1 satellite system to Dolby Atmos 7(+FW).1.4 allowed me to avoid the divorce lawyers.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010046.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	1674009   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000884.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	1674025  

Sony XBR-55HX929 LCD HDTV w/FALD, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S
Denon AVR-5200 (Video: Dolby Atmos/DSU 7.1.4; Music: DTS Neo:X 11.1); Dayton Audio MA1260 12-Channel Amplifier (60wpc)
Polk Audio RTiA7 (F/LR), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (FW), OWM5 (Sr, SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, TR); SVS SB-2000 (SW); Polk Audio OWM5/BIC America MSR-PRO6 (Zones 2 & 3)
chi_guy50 is online now  
post #42825 of 42835 Old 09-21-2016, 01:29 PM
Member
 
confinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
That looks beautiful. Those of us with living room setups (and WAF and/or OCD to deal with) are faced with challenges and compromises that HT owners and the aesthetically indifferent can bypass.

I've got 14 speakers in my living room's main listening area and not a wire to be seen (WAF and OCD in play here). In my case, the slow, incremental creep from a small-format 5.1 satellite system to Dolby Atmos 7(+FW).1.4 allowed me to avoid the divorce lawyers.

Thanks. Yes trying to balance aesthetics, wife approval, sound quality, price in a room that is primarily a living room and not a dedicated HT is a challenge. There may be better options than Polks according to many on these boards (Elac, HSU, and other direct order speakers frequently mentioned) but the RTi/CSi line in cherry looks really nice and sounds great to me. More like furniture than HT equipment. I already had the in wall RC55i and liked the OWM3 option in white for the rears so wanted to keep everything matched as best as possible too. Very happy so far. Can't wait to watch some good action movies and I'm now listening to music more than I had been. I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile so don't think I would notice a big difference spending more on higher end speakers.
confinoj is online now  
post #42826 of 42835 Old 09-22-2016, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
chi_guy50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,102
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked: 539
For anyone looking to pick up a(nother) pair of RTIa3 speakers (in black or cherry), Newegg.com has a pretty decent deal right now through Sep 28: $249.95/pair with free shipping and a $15 Newegg Promotional Gift Card. (The speakers are sold through Adorama Camera, an authorized Polk Audio reseller.)

Sony XBR-55HX929 LCD HDTV w/FALD, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S
Denon AVR-5200 (Video: Dolby Atmos/DSU 7.1.4; Music: DTS Neo:X 11.1); Dayton Audio MA1260 12-Channel Amplifier (60wpc)
Polk Audio RTiA7 (F/LR), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (FW), OWM5 (Sr, SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, TR); SVS SB-2000 (SW); Polk Audio OWM5/BIC America MSR-PRO6 (Zones 2 & 3)
chi_guy50 is online now  
post #42827 of 42835 Old 09-22-2016, 05:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Spring Lake, MI
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
For anyone looking to pick up a(nother) pair of RTIa3 speakers (in black or cherry), Newegg.com has a pretty decent deal right now through Sep 28: $249.95/pair with free shipping and a $15 Newegg Promotional Gift Card. (The speakers are sold through Adorama Camera, an authorized Polk Audio reseller.)
I got one pair in black available as well, new, never installed, just taken out of the package to test them.

Anyone interested, shoot me a PM!

Onkyo TX-NR929 | Emotiva XPA-5 | PSA MTM-210T | PSA-MTM210C | Paradigm in-wall | 2x PSA V1800 | AM 8033-SII
Samsung 55" LED | Apple-TV | PS3 | Network stuff | Understanding & forgiving GF - priceless!
FOR SALE: new pair of POLK RTiA3s // pair of POLK Monitor 70 floor standing // POLK CS2 Center
Kevin Grimm is offline  
post #42828 of 42835 Old 09-22-2016, 05:22 AM
Newbie
 
3rotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
just joined the polk team, very happy so far with my purchase of some old gear

rti8
csi3
psw404
fxi3

subscribed
Tornado Red likes this.
3rotor is offline  
post #42829 of 42835 Old 09-22-2016, 05:28 AM
Newbie
 
3rotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
thought i might throw this up for some history buffs in here:

picked up for $400 au
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160917_193457.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1675569  
Aarghon likes this.
3rotor is offline  
post #42830 of 42835 Old 09-22-2016, 05:34 AM
Newbie
 
cdh027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and mention I have 4 Polk RTi A7's arriving today. As mentioned earlier, everyone says to stay away from Polk, but all the reviews I read were incredible. Hope I made the right choice.
cdh027 is offline  
post #42831 of 42835 Old 09-22-2016, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RobLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida Suncoast
Posts: 2,367
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh027 View Post
As mentioned earlier, everyone says to stay away from Polk
I must have missed that one.... who is everyone?

Denon AVR-4520ci, Polk Rti12's, Csi5, Rti8 surrounds, some Klipsch subs... Bedroom: Lsi9's on an Onkyo TX-8050
RobLee is offline  
post #42832 of 42835 Old 09-22-2016, 12:26 PM
Senior Member
 
slimDub13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Okc.
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh027 View Post
I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and mention I have 4 Polk RTi A7's arriving today. As mentioned earlier, everyone says to stay away from Polk, but all the reviews I read were incredible. Hope I made the right choice.
You did!

Receiver: Denon AVR-4520CI Speakers:Fronts: Polk Rti A7 /Center: Polk csiA6 /Surrounds: Polk Fxi A6 SUB: Rythmik LV12R x2 Source: Pioneer BDP62FD Display:Panasonic TC P50S60[/SIZE]
slimDub13 is offline  
post #42833 of 42835 Old 09-23-2016, 05:15 AM
Newbie
 
cdh027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
All I can say is WOW!!! When I initially hooked them up and started playing low volume music, the mids and highs sounded crackly and distorted (I'm sure this is normal). After a few hours of playing they smoothed out and started to come alive. I'm assuming higher end speakers are like this. I'm coming from those cheap ass sony's so this is a treat for sure. So far all the online reviews I read were not lying. Cant wait to really crank them up.
cdh027 is offline  
post #42834 of 42835 Old 09-23-2016, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mr266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh027 View Post
All I can say is WOW!!! When I initially hooked them up and started playing low volume music, the mids and highs sounded crackly and distorted (I'm sure this is normal). After a few hours of playing they smoothed out and started to come alive. I'm assuming higher end speakers are like this. I'm coming from those cheap ass sony's so this is a treat for sure. So far all the online reviews I read were not lying. Cant wait to really crank them up.
As a generalization, it's said to give them 100 hours or so to really break in. For the RTI line, it really does take that long to tame the tweeter, but when they're broken in I just love the sound. I think you'll be very happy.
climber07 likes this.

WDTV Live SMP with WD EX4100 NAS
Polk RTI8 Front, Polk CSI5 Center, Polk RTI4 Surround
MTX SW2 12” SUB, Sharp AQUOS LC-70C6400U
URC-WR7 Universal Remote
Motorola QIP7232 (P2) FIOS DVR, Sony BDP-S590 Blu Ray Player
Panasonic SA-HE100 AVR,Technics SL-B20 Turntable
mr266 is online now  
post #42835 of 42835 Old Today, 07:04 AM
Member
 
confinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have a placement and sound question regarding a new CSiA6. Since it's rear ported, is it ok for it to be close to the wall? I would imagine as a center most people have to have it fairly close to the wall. Mine has only a couple inches of clearance between the diffuser plates and the wall. Is this ok? I have also noticed that some male voices are sounding a bit hollow or muddied which I was not noticing on the csia4 it replaced or my older small Polk HTIB center (RM-705). Maybe it's a break in issue? I notice more on TV DD or 2 channel sources and at lower volumes. Blu-ray HD audio sources sound pretty good.
confinoj is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off