Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1452 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1297Likes

post #43531 of 43535 Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM
EdQ

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedg8gt View Post
Hello sir, thank you fro the response. I'm not sure exactly how much room I'll have. In the pict I attached, That's the room, just the current layout of the sellers stuff. So I'm thinking I'm going to put my couch/seating area on the wall where their tv is; and my screen where their couch is. The wall on the left side of the pic is a tad smaller because in the back corner is a small door to the balcony. That's why I was considering the FXi 4 or 6 and doing a really good 5.1 over the 7.1. And I could always add 2 speakers later. I was told the FXi speakers would give me better sound and everything over just having 2 s20s. What's your opinion?
Like I said before, if you don't plan on doing Atmos. The FXia6 would sound good on the sides.
I ran the FXi5's for side-surround for a long time and they sound great. I switched to Monopoles when I upgraded to Atmos.

Samsung 75" UHDTV | Marantz 7010 - Surrounds | Integra DTR 9.1 - LCR | AIRCOM T8 | HTPC with Blu-Ray
Front - Polk RTi12 | Center - Polk CSi5 | Surrounds - Polk RTi6 | Atmos - Polk S15 | Klipsch R-115SW | 7.2.4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43532 of 43535 Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdQ View Post
Like I said before, if you don't plan on doing Atmos. The FXia6 would sound good on the sides.
I ran the FXi5's for side-surround for a long time and they sound great. I switched to Monopoles when I upgraded to Atmos.

Ok. Yeah as of right now, I think it's to small to do Atmos and no way to really get speakers in the ceiling or anything. Unless you think 2-s20's would be better than the FXi.
post #43533 of 43535 Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdQ View Post

I couldn't find the FXi5's. But since you owned something similar to A6, would you recommend the A6 over say the S20 or another book shelf type rear speaker for the rears? Lol. I need your ears to help me make my purchase. Lol.

post #43534 of 43535 Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM
EdQ

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedg8gt View Post
I couldn't find the FXi5's. But since you owned something similar to A6, would you recommend the A6 over say the S20 or another book shelf type rear speaker for the rears? Lol. I need your ears to help me make my purchase. Lol.
That room is small. If the speakers are going to be a few feet away, I would do the FXiA6. That would eliminate any localization.

Samsung 75" UHDTV | Marantz 7010 - Surrounds | Integra DTR 9.1 - LCR | AIRCOM T8 | HTPC with Blu-Ray
Front - Polk RTi12 | Center - Polk CSi5 | Surrounds - Polk RTi6 | Atmos - Polk S15 | Klipsch R-115SW | 7.2.4
post #43535 of 43535 Old Today, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 157
[QUOTE=chi_guy50;51789665]I sure hope that setup sounds great because . . .

All cats are grey in the darkThe picture of the CS1 was taken from above to show the mounting system--can't be seen from a seated position and gets the speaker as close to the ceiling as possible and is exactly in the corner of a 12' wide room. The wire suspending the Monitors is invisible--speaker looks like it's suspended in air. It's in a condo with concrete ceilings and function is king.

Samsung UN75HU8550FXZA, SEK 3500 OCB in den, Sony XBR79X900B in LR, JVC RS600, Grandview 120" 1.3g curved screen in Batcave Mancave
Polk LSiM703 fronts, RTi-12 rears, LsiC and LSiM 706 centers, Monitor 40 Heights, Monitor 60 FW, ED A6t sides, Oppo 203
Two Emotiva XPA-5's for the Beds and TC, BasX-7 for the tops, Marantz AV7702MKII in Mancave until consumer-grade 13+ ch Pre-pro is available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread