Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1463 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1414Likes

post #43861 of 43869 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedg8gt View Post
What kind of receiver are you guys running with your Signature Series speakers? I have a Denon 1912 and it only has 90 watts. I'm thinking I should upgrade to something at least 125 watts. And something 4k with alot of bells and whistlez. I feel I need to turn the reciever up to high for the sound I want. Interested in hearing what kinda wattage and recievers you guys use.
Let me know if you change anything. I'm in the same boat with 70 Watts. They sound great but I have to turn the volume way up

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43862 of 43869 Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Barros View Post
Let me know if you change anything. I'm in the same boat with 70 Watts. They sound great but I have to turn the volume way up

I know what you mean. I have to turn mine up to at least -17dba and the more they get broken in, I gotta turn it up more. Mine is 90 watts. I'm highly considering the new Denon x4400. It's not out yet, but should have 125 watts and all the newest audio and video capabilities out of the box. Plus able to pre amp 2 more channels.
post #43863 of 43869 Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedg8gt View Post
I know what you mean. I have to turn mine up to at least -17dba and the more they get broken in, I gotta turn it up more. Mine is 90 watts. I'm highly considering the new Denon x4400. It's not out yet, but should have 125 watts and all the newest audio and video capabilities out of the box. Plus able to pre amp 2 more channels.
I'm going to wait until hdmi2.1 spec drops to make sure the reciever is compatible

post #43864 of 43869 Old Today, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
RTIA5 Home Theatre expansion

I am upgrading my 7.1 home theatre. This started because I saw a great deal on the RTIA5's. I then added CSI A4 centre channel which was on sale. I did try the A9's & A6 centre but they were both too large in size for my room. Is the next logical addons the RTIA3's & RTIA1's for surrounds? I am questioning whether I even need the back surrounds as in my current setup I am not seeing much benefit. The T600's are currently on sale at a good price. Would the T600's be a good choice for surrounds or should I stick to the RTIA series? Or does anybody have any opinion on which direction I should go? I am very happy with the RTIA5's & A4 centre & would like to complete the upgrade. Listed below is my current setup:
Pioneer 921 Receiver
RTIA5 fronts
CSI A4 centre
Cambridge S70 surrounds
Cambridge S30 rear surrounds
NRG NX-bas-500
post #43865 of 43869 Old Today, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadennis View Post
I am upgrading my 7.1 home theatre. This started because I saw a great deal on the RTIA5's. I then added CSI A4 centre channel which was on sale. I did try the A9's & A6 centre but they were both too large in size for my room. Is the next logical addons the RTIA3's & RTIA1's for surrounds? I am questioning whether I even need the back surrounds as in my current setup I am not seeing much benefit. The T600's are currently on sale at a good price. Would the T600's be a good choice for surrounds or should I stick to the RTIA series? Or does anybody have any opinion on which direction I should go? I am very happy with the RTIA5's & A4 centre & would like to complete the upgrade. Listed below is my current setup:
Pioneer 921 Receiver
RTIA5 fronts
CSI A4 centre
Cambridge S70 surrounds
Cambridge S30 rear surrounds
NRG NX-bas-500
Side surrounds are the most critical. With that being said, I would probably go with the FXiA4 surrounds for your setup they are bipole/dipole and are perfect for surround speakers. Then, depending on the front sound stage, you could add front height or wides (RTiA1 or RTiA3). Those two speakers would also work well as rear speakers.

If you can go the in-wall/in-ceiling route, then the RT series to save space. The 625-RT, 65-RT, and 70-RT are all timber matched to the RTi series speakers.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #43866 of 43869 Old Today, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Side surrounds are the most critical. With that being said, I would probably go with the FXiA4 surrounds for your setup they are bipole/dipole and are perfect for surround speakers. Then, depending on the front sound stage, you could add front height or wides (RTiA1 or RTiA3). Those two speakers would also work well as rear speakers.

If you can go the in-wall/in-ceiling route, then the RT series to save space. The 625-RT, 65-RT, and 70-RT are all timber matched to the RTi series speakers.
Thanks for the suggestion. I never even thought of the FXIA4's but have quickly read up on them & sound like they might be a good addition. I guess I could try the FXIA4's then decide if I need to add the RTIA3 or RTIA1's for the rears. I really like that you can try these for 30 days then return if not to your liking. I will watch for the FXIA4's to be on sale. In my current setup I am finding the surround rears are not really providing much sound to my system.
I should mention that I probably am about 75% music listening.
post #43867 of 43869 Old Today, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I never even thought of the FXIA4's but have quickly read up on them & sound like they might be a good addition. I guess I could try the FXIA4's then decide if I need to add the RTIA3 or RTIA1's for the rears. I really like that you can try these for 30 days then return if not to your liking. I will watch for the FXIA4's to be on sale. In my current setup I am finding the surround rears are not really providing much sound to my system.
I should mention that I probably am about 75% music listening.
Is there much difference between RTIA3 & RTIA1. When I look at them they look very similar other that the price.
post #43868 of 43869 Old Today, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 1454
Quote:
Is there much difference between RTIA3 & RTIA1. When I look at them they look very similar other that the price.
The size of the drivers. You want to match the front L/R speakers driver size as best as possible. That will give you the best all-around sound.

Surrounds won't add much to stereo music. Even when you are playing stereo content on modes like DTS Neo X Music or PLII Music. You'll need 5.1 music to get a truly impressive sound. The surrounds are predominantly ambiance and movie tracks.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #43869 of 43869 Old Today, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
The size of the drivers. You want to match the front L/R speakers driver size as best as possible. That will give you the best all-around sound.

Surrounds won't add much to stereo music. Even when you are playing stereo content on modes like DTS Neo X Music or PLII Music. You'll need 5.1 music to get a truly impressive sound. The surrounds are predominantly ambiance and movie tracks.
Thanks. I will listen to the music in PLII mode but I do understand that it isn't 5.1 but prefer that mode. I guess that is why I am wondering if I really need 7.1 when movies are only 25% of the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page