Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 1466 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1447Likes

post #43951 of 43980 Old 08-15-2017, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 13
RTIA3 & FXIA6 stands

Does anybody have any suggestions for speaker stands that will work for the RTIA3 & FXIA6? I know they both say they can be wall mounted. I am finding the RTIA3 sound isn't great wall mounted. I may be able to mount the FXIA6 but because of my rooms wall configuration I would prefer them also on stands. How high should these stands be? I am thinking at least 36 inches high? Please let me know what everyone is using for stands.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43952 of 43980 Old 08-15-2017, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 1938
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadennis View Post
Does anybody have any suggestions for speaker stands that will work for the RTIA3 & FXIA6? I know they both say they can be wall mounted. I am finding the RTIA3 sound isn't great wall mounted. I may be able to mount the FXIA6 but because of my rooms wall configuration I would prefer them also on stands. How high should these stands be? I am thinking at least 36 inches high? Please let me know what everyone is using for stands.
Thanks
Stands should put the speaker's tweeter at ear height at the listening position. I really don't have any good recommendations on types of stands so I will defer.

I will say that with pets or kids, the stands will need to be very heavy and stable. Some stands cost more than the dog gone speakers!

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #43953 of 43980 Old 08-17-2017, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Up firing speakers rely on first reflection points. These give the effect of dispersion rather than directional audio. If you have acoustic panels on the ceiling or a ceiling that is angled, up-firing speakers may not be the best solution.

Here is an in-depth guide from Dolby Atmos that talks about installation and speaker types:

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technolo...guidelines.pdf
Is it time to update my system:

Polk RT12 - fronts
Polk CS5 - middle
Polk RT10 back
Denon 3805 AV
Denon DVD Playe
5 Mono Block Outlaw Amps

Any advice on new speakers and amps, processors etc is much appreciated.

post #43954 of 43980 Old 08-17-2017, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon123 View Post

Polk RT12 - fronts
Polk CS5 - middle
Polk RT10 back
Denon 3805 AV
Denon DVD Playe
5 Mono Block Outlaw Amps

You have to ask yourself a few questions:

What do I want that my current setup doesn't provide? (Atmos, Room calibration, dual sub calibration).
Does my current setup play with enough authority/SPL?
Do I want better highs, lows?
How many speakers do I want?
How sensitive are the speakers I want (will they need amps)?
Do I want to install room treatments (panels)?
Do I have space/placement limitations
What size is the room?
Do I have any spouse approval concerns?
Do I live in an apartment/condo or a single home?
First or second floor or basement?
How many cubic feet in the room?
Is the room open or sealed?
Percentage of movies vs music?

...and the most important determining factor, how much money will I be spending?

I hate to answer a question with a question, but if you are able to provide detailed answers to these questions we will be able to help you a lot better in determining a setup that might work to your liking.

Let's get this conversation started.
oregon smoker likes this.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #43955 of 43980 Old 08-23-2017, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Hello everyone. I've been away for a while, so it's time I stopped in again to "remind" everyone (anyone) that I have a storage locker full of RTi's and RtiA's plus associated paraphernalia (amps, subs, AVR etc) that we may likely never be able to use. Last time I posted this I got a few emails from guys looking to score one of my XPA's. It doesn't work that way. I am not in any physical condition to pack up and ship any of this stuff. At this point some of it weighs more than I do. So you'll have to pick it up (Tampa bay area). I'm not looking for much money, but would like to stop spending monthly cash on storage.

Recently I reconnected a pair of Rti12's for stereo and they still sound sweet, but TBH I still rely on the LsiM's for most everything. The towers sure have an impressive sound though. Recently I've been getting daily radiation which will run thru October... not sure right now how all this will play out, so I have bigger concerns currently than selling some of my older gear. The treatments have left me pretty much disinterested in doing just about anything... no energy or "mojo" anymore, rarely even watch TV these days... though I do force myself to watch a movie about once a week. Listen to a lot of music, but just set vtuner to my fav station and snooze. Wife is now in full remission, so things are looking up.

I'll probably check for replies for a few days, then disappear for a while until I suddenly "remember" that I used to come here a lot.

Denon AVR-4520ci, Polk LsiM703's, 704c, RtiA1 surrounds, some Klipsch subs. Bedroom: Lsi9's, Onkyo TX-8050
post #43956 of 43980 Old 08-23-2017, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLee View Post
Hello everyone. I've been away for a while, so it's time I stopped in again to "remind" everyone (anyone) that I have a storage locker full of RTi's and RtiA's plus associated paraphernalia (amps, subs, AVR etc) that we may likely never be able to use. Last time I posted this I got a few emails from guys looking to score one of my XPA's. It doesn't work that way. I am not in any physical condition to pack up and ship any of this stuff. At this point some of it weighs more than I do. So you'll have to pick it up (Tampa bay area). I'm not looking for much money, but would like to stop spending monthly cash on storage.

Recently I reconnected a pair of Rti12's for stereo and they still sound sweet, but TBH I still rely on the LsiM's for most everything. The towers sure have an impressive sound though. Recently I've been getting daily radiation which will run thru October... not sure right now how all this will play out, so I have bigger concerns currently than selling some of my older gear. The treatments have left me pretty much disinterested in doing just about anything... no energy or "mojo" anymore, rarely even watch TV these days... though I do force myself to watch a movie about once a week. Listen to a lot of music, but just set vtuner to my fav station and snooze. Wife is now in full remission, so things are looking up.

I'll probably check for replies for a few days, then disappear for a while until I suddenly "remember" that I used to come here a lot.
Great to see you again my friend. I hate to hear about your pain, but glad you made it here to let us know how you are doing. Great news about your wife. Get well soon and keep your head up.
oregon smoker and yanks1 like this.

post #43957 of 43980 Old 08-24-2017, 02:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:

Get well soon Roblee. My Rti12's are still kicking as well

Living Room: Denon X4300H, Crown XLS1500 & 1000(3). 7.1.4: Polk RTi12, CSi5, FXIA4, RTiA1, Polk 620-RT(4), Sub:RBH I-12 & Aura shakers(2). VIZIO M70-D3, Benq HT1075, & Elite 106" Screen. Sony UBP-X800 & LG BP440. Misc: Nvdia Shield, Apple TV, DSTV PVR, Wii U & Darbee DVP-5000s. Harmony Elite & Echo-Dot.
Bedroom: Marantz AV7702, Crown XLS1000(2). 2.1.2: Polk RTi8, TSx110 & Bic F-12. LG 55LB7200, Samsung K8500. Misc: Fire TV, Sennheiser RS 170, QNAP NAS TS-451+ & DSTV HD.
post #43958 of 43980 Old 08-25-2017, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I picked up the S50/S35/S10 and love the sound compared to my old smaller Mythos system but am wondering if it would be worth the upgrade to S60 or S55 and then S15 for surrounds. I can easily exchange them still. If I don't plan on listening to music much, probably 10% of the time, would I see any benefit or since I will be crossing over at 80Hz anyway is there much of a point?

Would it be a little more full and/or impactful?

My room is closed in, smaller, 16x12x8. I have a Denon x4000 and a SVS PB1000 sub.

Last edited by outlanderbz; 08-25-2017 at 06:39 AM.
post #43959 of 43980 Old 08-25-2017, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So I have the S15s and s35 for my front stage. I've been messing around with different set ups as far as toe in. My seating area is 2 seats. I get better sound with the speakers facing straight out then I do with them toes in. Any one have suggestions for me before I go spending a couple of hours adjusting the toe in to decide what sounds right. And what should I use for source? Music? A movie? Also when I had them toed on it was aimed where both seats meet. Should the right speaker be at the center of the right seat and the left an the center of the left

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Brian_Barros; 08-25-2017 at 02:54 PM.
post #43960 of 43980 Old 08-28-2017, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Thumbs up

Quote:

You and your wife are both in my prayers.

Living Room: Denon X4000, XPA-5, Polk RTiA9, CSiA6, RTiA3-wides, FXiA4, OWM3, SVS PC12+, 4 Shakers, Epson 5030, VApex 92”, Sony XBR9 52”, PS3, Xbox 360, Darbee, Harmony 1.
Bedroom: Denon X2000, Polk: RTiA3, CSiA4, RTiA1, OWM3, SVS SB12-NSD, Sony XBR-55X850B, Sony BPD-S590, Xbox 360, RPi2-RasPlex, Darbee, Harmony 510.
Home Office: Onkyo 707, Polk: LSiM 703, LSiM 704, Monitor 70, Yamaha SW315 x 2, Turntable, Triple Monitors, Harmony 610.
post #43961 of 43980 Old 08-31-2017, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Thanks garnuts, shyyour and climber. Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.

Now let's all pray for those in Texas & La.
garnuts, climber07 and Oldways7 like this.
post #43962 of 43980 Old 09-02-2017, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
outdoor deck speakers

Hello Polksters......

Remodel is nearing completion.

Will have Monitor Audio RS6 in the living room.

Open floor plan, but 2 rooms away.....In the kitchen, I have Polk Audio 90-RTs.

Need help figuring out what to get for outdoor ceiling speakers above deck.

Would ideally match with the 90-RTs.

Everything wired with 12 AWG. Guess I could thin if necessary.

Also, installing 3 wall volume controls. One for each set of speakers.

Any recommendations here?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speaker.jpg (2.64 MB, 33 views)
post #43963 of 43980 Old 09-04-2017, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Polk RT12 - fronts
Polk CS5 - middle
Polk RT10 back
Denon 3805 AV
Denon DVD Playe
5 Mono Block Outlaw Amps

I'm holding off on upgrading my receiver until they start shipping with Alexa/Google/Smartthings integration! Should only be a matter of time: onkyousa.com/Products/model.php?m=VC-FLX1&class=Smart%20Speakers&source=prodClass
post #43964 of 43980 Old 09-04-2017, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:

Polk RT12 - fronts
Polk CS5 - middle
Polk RT10 back
Denon 3805 AV
Denon DVD Playe
5 Mono Block Outlaw Amps

If you arent using a bluray player, i dont see one in your list, that would be a major upgrade for you. And, what sub are you using if any?

7.2 - Pioneer Elite SC-85 | Pioneer Elite BDP 120 | Polk Audio RTi12/CSi3/RT25i | DIY Dual 12" subs/Behringer Inuke3000
Monster Power 2500 | Sharp Aquos 60" | Xbox One | Sony BRP | Plex Server | Custom TV Stand w/ Middle Atlantic Racks

2 CH - Realistic STA-2100D | Realistic 31-2009 Stereo EQ | Marantz AT 6 | Sony CDP-CE375
post #43965 of 43980 Old 09-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Polk RT12 - fronts
Polk CS5 - middle
Polk RT10 back
Denon 3805 AV
Denon DVD Playe
5 Mono Block Outlaw Amps

Have you thought about going 4K? Nows propably the time to get a new AVR as many of last years models are going on sale.

Also have you thought about ATMOS, DTS:X? Also as the preivous poster mentioned, a bluray player or 4K Player and sub(s).

Living Room: Denon X4300H, Crown XLS1500 & 1000(3). 7.1.4: Polk RTi12, CSi5, FXIA4, RTiA1, Polk 620-RT(4), Sub:RBH I-12 & Aura shakers(2). VIZIO M70-D3, Benq HT1075, & Elite 106" Screen. Sony UBP-X800 & LG BP440. Misc: Nvdia Shield, Apple TV, DSTV PVR, Wii U & Darbee DVP-5000s. Harmony Elite & Echo-Dot.
Bedroom: Marantz AV7702, Crown XLS1000(2). 2.1.2: Polk RTi8, TSx110 & Bic F-12. LG 55LB7200, Samsung K8500. Misc: Fire TV, Sennheiser RS 170, QNAP NAS TS-451+ & DSTV HD.
post #43966 of 43980 Old 09-04-2017, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyyour View Post
Have you thought about going 4K? Nows propably the time to get a new AVR as many of last years models are going on sale.

Also have you thought about ATMOS, DTS:X? Also as the preivous poster mentioned, a bluray player or 4K Player and sub(s).
I don't see the need to upgrade anything until the new HDMI spec rolls out. I don't know if that will effect receivers or not but if it does it will be a waste to buy now

post #43967 of 43980 Old 09-05-2017, 01:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:

Polk RT12 - fronts
Polk CS5 - middle
Polk RT10 back
Denon 3805 AV
Denon DVD Playe
5 Mono Block Outlaw Amps

I'd say yes with regards to the 3805. I had (still have) that amp up until last October (replaced with X4300H). While that amp is a beast, I was losing out on the various surround modes because it lacked Hdmi. I also still have those RTi10s and CSI5 center channels, but recently upgraded to the 707 and 706 and there's a huge difference. However, those speakers you have would not be my first upgrade, it would be the amp. I had the 3805 and those speakers setup for more than 12 years.

HT Configuration: 7.2.4 l Panasonic Plasma (65") l Denon X4300H l Polk LSiM 707s, 706c, FXi-30 l Infinity ERS-610 l SVS PB-2000 l Monolith 7 l Behringer A500 (2x) l Oppo BD-93 l MH mmf-9.3 l Cassette Deck.

"Never be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs build the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"
post #43968 of 43980 Old 09-05-2017, 01:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Barros View Post
I don't see the need to upgrade anything until the new HDMI spec rolls out. I don't know if that will effect receivers or not but if it does it will be a waste to buy now

Agreed but i doubt it would really affect you. The new hdmi spec is to increase video bandwidth (18gbps to 48gbps, 8K60hz & 4K120hz) which no one is using now and wont be for a while. By the time HDMI 2.1 is been widely used, you'll probably be looking for a new avr.

https://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-2-1-w...-need-to-know/
http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/

Last edited by shyyour; 09-05-2017 at 02:13 AM.
post #43969 of 43980 Old 09-05-2017, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just got a set of Polk Signatures for my home theater.

Front LR: Polk S20
Center: Polk S35
Surrounds: Polk S10
Sub: Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Denon AVR-X1300

Sound is night and day above my old Sony HTIB system. The Denon audyssey setup did a great job for movies, but I feel like Stereo music listening could be a little better.
climber07 and oregon smoker like this.
post #43970 of 43980 Old 09-05-2017, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodt View Post
Just got a set of Polk Signatures for my home theater.

Front LR: Polk S20
Center: Polk S35
Surrounds: Polk S10
Sub: Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Denon AVR-X1300

Sound is night and day above my old Sony HTIB system. The Denon audyssey setup did a great job for movies, but I feel like Stereo music listening could be a little better.
Welcome to the crew man. No doubt you are loving that system. That is an incredible step up from an HTiB system. Real speakers, a real sub, and a real AVR.

As far as your stereo listening sessions, you may have some settings that need tweaking. Can you answer a couple questions for us? We might be able to suggest a tweak or two to help you out. Going from a plug and play HTiB to a component system sometimes has it's configuration challenges.

1. What are your speaker crossover settings?
2. What is your subwoofer crossover?
3. For the subwoofer, do you have LFE or LFE+mains selected?
4. Did you set your subwoofer level properly with the system calibration?
5. When listening in stereo, do you have the subwoofer enabled (2.1)?
6. What exactly is lacking in your stereo listening mode?

post #43971 of 43980 Old 09-05-2017, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyyour View Post

Hi, I am selling the Polks and getting Monitor Audio PL300s and PL350 and PL100 for rears. Mcintosh MC205 bi-amp fronts and middle channel, Emotiva XPR-2 for rears and Oppo 205 and SVS 16-Ultra sub. What do you think?
post #43972 of 43980 Old 09-05-2017, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Hi, I am selling the Polks and getting Monitor Audio PL300s and PL350 and PL100 for rears. Mcintosh MC205 bi-amp fronts and middle channel, Emotiva XPR-2 for rears and Oppo 205 and SVS 16-Ultra sub. What do you think?
Enjoy your new speakers then!

I in the group of if you can't find faults with your current speakers why upgrade them. I guess I am not addicted to Audio
post #43973 of 43980 Old 09-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Dont really know much about Monitor Audio, but based on the specs it looks like a decent brand, you'll have to listen to i and determine if they're better than the Polk or give you what you're looking for.

bi-amping is a can of worms, some people believe it works others don't, im in the camp it doesn't so again you ears will have to tell if its worth bi-amping.

im loving your oppo and the SVS sub choice depending on your space you might have to get another one down the line. In any case you know what they say 2 subs are better than 1.

Ill let others chime in but most important is you listening to them and liking the new speakers.

Enjoy

post #43974 of 43980 Old 09-06-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Welcome to the crew man. No doubt you are loving that system. That is an incredible step up from an HTiB system. Real speakers, a real sub, and a real AVR.

As far as your stereo listening sessions, you may have some settings that need tweaking. Can you answer a couple questions for us? We might be able to suggest a tweak or two to help you out. Going from a plug and play HTiB to a component system sometimes has it's configuration challenges.

1. What are your speaker crossover settings?
2. What is your subwoofer crossover?
3. For the subwoofer, do you have LFE or LFE+mains selected?
4. Did you set your subwoofer level properly with the system calibration?
5. When listening in stereo, do you have the subwoofer enabled (2.1)?
6. What exactly is lacking in your stereo listening mode?
1. 80hz
2. 80hz
3. LFE / LPF for LFE at 120hz
4. I just ran Audessey
5. I set it to Stereo which seemed to disable it. Does LFE+mains need to be enabled?
6. Bass seemed a little thin.

My front speakers are set to large, but maybe they should be set to small?

edit: setting the Sub to LFE+mains enabled 2.1 and made a big difference!

Last edited by kodt; 09-06-2017 at 05:32 PM.
post #43975 of 43980 Old 09-06-2017, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
1. 80hz
2. 80hz
3. LFE / LPF for LFE at 120hz
4. I just ran Audessey
5. I set it to Stereo which seemed to disable it. Does LFE+mains need to be enabled?
6. Bass seemed a little thin.

My front speakers are set to large, but maybe they should be set to small?

edit: setting the Sub to LFE+mains enabled 2.1 and made a big difference!
Yes all speakers should be set to 80 Hz or small. The sub at 120 Hz is ideal.

Make sure you have the subwoofer channel (.1) enabled in your listening mode. It is usually best not to use LFE+Mains as the phase difference in the mains and sub will cause massive cancellation in most applications. Test out a few settings to see what sounds best to you.

My AVR has audio modes like pure audio, direct, stereo, all channel stereo, mono, DTS (multiple), etc. Make sure you are listening is a mode that has the subwoofer enabled. With the mains set to small, the sub set 5 or 6 dB hotter in the subwoofer trim level (AVR setting) and you should be golden.

Last edited by climber07; 09-06-2017 at 09:57 PM.
post #43976 of 43980 Old 09-07-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Yes all speakers should be set to 80 Hz or small. The sub at 120 Hz is ideal.

Make sure you have the subwoofer channel (.1) enabled in your listening mode. It is usually best not to use LFE+Mains as the phase difference in the mains and sub will cause massive cancellation in most applications. Test out a few settings to see what sounds best to you.

My AVR has audio modes like pure audio, direct, stereo, all channel stereo, mono, DTS (multiple), etc. Make sure you are listening is a mode that has the subwoofer enabled. With the mains set to small, the sub set 5 or 6 dB hotter in the subwoofer trim level (AVR setting) and you should be golden.
Thanks. I'll try changing it back to LFE, changing the front LR speakers to small. I didn't immediately see a 2.1 mode on my AVR. There was Stereo, Direct, Pure Direct, Multi Channel Stereo, Dobly, DTS.

Multi Channel Stereo enables 5.1, Direct and Pure Direct were only 2 channel, as was Stereo. I'll do a bit more research, perhaps setting the speakers to small will do it for Stereo.
post #43977 of 43980 Old 09-08-2017, 06:32 AM

Yeah changing the front speakers to small, and changing the sub to LFE worked for enabling 2.1, when the speakers are set to large it seems to disable it. If I want to go pure stereo I can use Direct which disables the sub.

Thanks for the help.
climber07 likes this.
post #43978 of 43980 Old 09-10-2017, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Folks,

Haven't been around regularly but find myself needing some advice.

My first real system was older Polk models -- RT800i mains, CS400i center, RT800i surrounds -- and I was really pleased with it, coming from an HTiB satellite system before that.

Then about 3 years ago I picked up some used LSi7s and the matching center in near mint condition at a really good price, intending to resell and make a little money. But after setting them up for testing purposes before I listed them for sale, I had to keep them for music - I am a musician and music teacher, and as much as I loved the RT800i's for movies and radio listening, when listening to classical music from CD or vinyl you can't beat those ring radiator tweeters for clarity and detail. Music I've played or sung sounds a little like it's on the other side of a blanket on the RTi's - but on the LSi's it sounds close to sitting there in the chorus or band, just like I remember.

So I perused Craigslist and picked up a pair of LSiF/X for surrounds, bought a new AVR with pre-outs, and a used Adcom 5 channel amp in great condition - and that's been my system for over two and a half years now.

Problem: the LSi line only ever came with the one size center channel, which doesn't have a lot of "oomph" to it. The CS400i never had much of a problem presenting dialog even in the summer when the window AC unit is blowing crosswise between my listening position and the speakers. The LSiC struggles with that situation and I wind up adjusting volume and playing with options daily when listening, from late May to early October.

Last week I put the CS400i back in, and it solves the volume/presence problem, but 2.5 years of the better quality speaker means now I even hear the "behind a blanket" issue with dialog and effects in movies.

So the LSiM line goes on sale at least once a year. I've been considering a further upgrade to those because they make a size HUGE center channel in that line in the 706C, which I expect will solve the only issue I have with my older LSi's. But I'm wondering if it's worth the money even at 50% off.

Anybody out there have experience with *both* the LSi and the LSiM lines? Care to weigh in?

Fronts: LSi7
Center: LSiC
Surround: LSiF/X
Sub: Infinity BU-2 - Don't judge me, it was free and I have neighbors.
AVR: Denon X3100W
Adcom GFA-7000 5-channel amplifier
post #43979 of 43980 Old 09-17-2017, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys,
Been a while since i've posted or even thought about my audio....so im hoping to i can get caught up on new tech and advise. Going over a number of items needing to be addressed and/or upgraded for the theater room since I never finished it, at one point i was 90% done but we all know once you start watching you usually never finish.

1. I need a new center channel speaker stand, was looking at the Sanus Steel Series 18" speaker stand and knowing how big my center is i didnt know if anyone has used this with their center.

Center channel speaker is Csi A6

2. I need new/better curtains, i have a 78" double window in the room and have a curtain rod that curves to the wall vs the standard rod on brackets. Does anyone have a budget conscious recommendation that can block out light and also look good?

Thanks
oregon smoker likes this.

post #43980 of 43980 Old 09-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Yeah changing the front speakers to small, and changing the sub to LFE worked for enabling 2.1, when the speakers are set to large it seems to disable it. If I want to go pure stereo I can use Direct which disables the sub.

Thanks for the help.
Not sure if your AVR is capable of doing this, but with my Denon, I can set the speakers to large+lfe and then set a crossover point, in my case 60hz, that way the speaker handles everything but bass below that point. This makes it easier to incorporate a sub with you 2ch listening setup while allowing your speakers to do some of the bass work, too, especially if the speakers can handle some bass. Check your manual to see if this is possible.

HT Configuration: 7.2.4 l Panasonic Plasma (65") l Denon X4300H l Polk LSiM 707s, 706c, FXi-30 l Infinity ERS-610 l SVS PB-2000 l Monolith 7 l Behringer A500 (2x) l Oppo BD-93 l MH mmf-9.3 l Cassette Deck.

"Never be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs build the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page