Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 39009 Old 05-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Member
 
SaltDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any luck or experience with the RM30/7300 speakers? was thinking of getting the system with the RM30s, with the RM302 center, and the RM201s for surround. was going to try an SVS sub but anyway... any thoughts or experience with them?

am trying to do an on wall set up.... but if these aren't recommended what would you recommend for floorstanding around the same price? (2500 list but can get on amazon for about half that...)
SaltDoc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 39009 Old 05-30-2007, 12:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ron Temple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 8,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRazr View Post

Hi all, I've posted another thread asking for advice but no replies yet so I thought I'd ask here..

I'm looking for some fronts and a matching center channel for my 11' x 15' room, and have been considering the Monitor 70's with the CS2 center. I really don't have the space for a subwoofer, so my primary requirement is a good solid bottom end from the front towers. A friend of mine has the Monitor 60's and they don't cut for HT without a sub - will the Monitor 70's give the type of bottom end I'll need in my small room?

Note that they'll be running of a Harman Kardon AVR-630 (7x75w/2x90w).

to get all those woofers to deliver serious bass, you'll need more power...like 200/250wpc channel. Without a separate amp the 70s will deliver more bass, but not close to what a sub can offer.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Ron Temple is offline  
post #633 of 39009 Old 05-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Member
 
gottachopwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey I'm building a HT system but probably listen to music more than movies. I'm on a buget and was leaning towards getting:

4 R300s
CSi25
VX-10

I know a lot of reviews have said that the 300s are weak on music...any thoughts? I was also surprised that more people tend to like the sound out of the R300s as apposed to the R50s.
gottachopwood is offline  
post #634 of 39009 Old 05-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Senior Member
 
skipsterut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SW Chi Town Area
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottachopwood View Post

Hey I'm building a HT system but probably listen to music more than movies. I'm on a buget and was leaning towards getting:

4 R300s
CSi25
VX-10

I know a lot of reviews have said that the 300s are weak on music...any thoughts? I was also surprised that more people tend to like the sound out of the R300s as apposed to the R50s.

I have R50 fronts, R30 backs (basically the same as the R300) and CSi25 center. Before I got the R50s I used the R30s as fronts in a 3.1 system. For the price I liked the R30s, but IMHO the R50s are much better for both music and movies. I recommend going with R50s in the front -- especially if you do more music than movies. The CSi25 center seems OK for the $69 I paid for it, but I'm looking forward to upgrade to a CSi3 or a CS2 at some point in the future. You might think about going with the CSi3 right from the start.

I don't know the VX-10 sub, so can't comment on that.
skipsterut is offline  
post #635 of 39009 Old 05-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Member
 
lordkenyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipsterut View Post

I have R50 fronts, R30 backs (basically the same as the R300) and CSi25 center. Before I got the R50s I used the R30s as fronts in a 3.1 system. For the price I liked the R30s, but IMHO the R50s are much better for both music and movies. I recommend going with R50s in the front -- especially if you do more music than movies. The CSi25 center seems OK for the $69 I paid for it, but I'm looking forward to upgrade to a CSi3 or a CS2 at some point in the future. You might think about going with the CSi3 right from the start.

I don't know the VX-10 sub, so can't comment on that.

I haven't tested a R300, but my R50s came in today and I couldn't be happier so far (esp. for the $49/each from Frys. Yes, for the R50s!). I'm using the bookshelf R150s in the rear and the R50s as fronts paired with a CS245i. The blending is quite good on all the music I've put through it so far. Movie tonight probably!
lordkenyon is offline  
post #636 of 39009 Old 05-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
blobula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is it possible to find the Polk Audio R50's with a black finish? I'd get these, but cherry just wouldn't look right in the room they'd be in.
blobula is offline  
post #637 of 39009 Old 05-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Member
 
gottachopwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks guys!

I'll look at he CSi3 for sure...has a larger frequency range above 20Khz, which won't do you any good for a CD as it's maxed out at 20khz, but for anything else you should notice a slight difference...ya ya I know we can't hear any single tones above 20khz but we can hear the difference with and without the harmonics present above 20k...I still find that pretty cool...sorry got side tracked.

I've read this entire forum, I don't know what I'm still on the fence...I guess I'm looking for cheapest way to get the best! ha ha.
gottachopwood is offline  
post #638 of 39009 Old 05-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Member
 
gottachopwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blobula View Post

Is it possible to find the Polk Audio R50's with a black finish? I'd get these, but cherry just wouldn't look right in the room they'd be in.

I've looked and I can't find the black ones...haven't even seen them on ebay!-- there was someone who painted them and I said they came out pretty good...you just gotta be careful.

Anyone willing to post a pic of the R50 cherry's?
gottachopwood is offline  
post #639 of 39009 Old 05-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Member
 
captive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottachopwood View Post

I've looked and I can't find the black ones...haven't even seen them on ebay!-- there was someone who painted them and I said they came out pretty good...you just gotta be careful.

Anyone willing to post a pic of the R50 cherry's?

I just got my Polk R50's in cherry last week. I couldnt be happier.

Im planning on using RTi4s for sides and surrounds, with the R50s as fronts and a CSi5 center and a SVS 10" sub.

I'll post my pics of them, once i get to 5 posts.
captive is offline  
post #640 of 39009 Old 05-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Member
 
captive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For reference those are brand new cherry RTi4's on top of the older technics. The R50's dont exactly match with the RTi4's but its not that big of a deal to me.

R50 side view
R50 front view
captive is offline  
post #641 of 39009 Old 05-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Member
 
gottachopwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by captive View Post

For reference those are brand new cherry RTi4's on top of the older technics. The R50's dont exactly match with the RTi4's but its not that big of a deal to me.

R50 side view
R50 front view

Thx! They look a lot better than I though they would.

Ha those look like my old technics too...they still sound pretty good too.
gottachopwood is offline  
post #642 of 39009 Old 05-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Member
 
lordkenyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottachopwood View Post

Thx! They look a lot better than I though they would.

Ha those look like my old technics too...they still sound pretty good too.

I thought so too. Originally, I was planning on painting or in someway modifying the cabinet, but after they were setup, I really like the contrast in the room and they're quite sharp. So, just leaving them as is.
lordkenyon is offline  
post #643 of 39009 Old 06-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Member
 
Egghaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I wonder if you Polk guys can chime in on this. What recent center channel speakers by Polk would be the closest timbre match to vintage RTA12's with the SL1000 silk dome tweeter? CSi? LSi? Or any other brands that would match close such as Paradigm etc. Thanks.
Egghaus is offline  
post #644 of 39009 Old 06-02-2007, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ron Temple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 8,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghaus View Post

Hi, I wonder if you Polk guys can chime in on this. What recent center channel speakers by Polk would be the closest timbre match to vintage RTA12's with the SL1000 silk dome tweeter? CSi? LSi? Or any other brands that would match close such as Paradigm etc. Thanks.

You can purchase drop in silk dome tweeter replacements for the RTA12s. I think the RDO194s fit the SL1000 and 2000. This will make the LSiC a very close timbre match, though the CS400 and 400i are also a favorite center for a vintage match. I'm currently using a CSi3 as a center for SDA1Cs...it's not horrible, but the current CSis are good, but not as nice as the vintage Polks, IMO. Join Club Polk and ask over there...you will get a small discount by mentioning you're a member when you order. The RDOs are $48ea with the discount.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Ron Temple is offline  
post #645 of 39009 Old 06-02-2007, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ron Temple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 8,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by captive View Post

For reference those are brand new cherry RTi4's on top of the older technics. The R50's dont exactly match with the RTi4's but its not that big of a deal to me.

R50 side view
R50 front view

I think the cherry Rs look quite a bit nicer than the blacks...and I owned the blacks.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Ron Temple is offline  
post #646 of 39009 Old 06-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Member
 
djc9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc9 View Post

2 R300's (arriving today) as mains
CSi25 center
2 R15 as surrounds

I will eye the R50's if they go on sale again at outpost. In that case, I'll ditch the 5.1 receiver I have for a 7.1 to go with my Samsung HLS-6187W. I have a no-name sub right now and am looking at the BIC H-100.

Additions:
2 R50's now the mains, very happy
1 BIC H-100 as sub, very happy
Yamaha HTR-6090, bought today and need cables from monoprice

Will need to get some more speaker cable and do some significant cable management to figure out how to reintroduce the R300's in a 7.1 setup without creating a mess. Most likely scenario is mounting the R15's on the ceiling as surrounds and setting the R300's as left/right surrounds.
djc9 is offline  
post #647 of 39009 Old 06-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Senior Member
 
skipsterut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SW Chi Town Area
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc9 View Post

Additions:
2 R50's now the mains, very happy
1 BIC H-100 as sub, very happy
Yamaha HTR-6090, bought today and need cables from monoprice

Will need to get some more speaker cable and do some significant cable management to figure out how to reintroduce the R300's in a 7.1 setup without creating a mess. Most likely scenario is mounting the R15's on the ceiling as surrounds and setting the R300's as left/right surrounds.

CONGRATS on your additions. Glad you like the sound. ENJOY!
skipsterut is offline  
post #648 of 39009 Old 06-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Member
 
Blk98Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I've been reading around a lot and I'm starting to piece together an idea of what my system will look like once I'm ready to jump in and upgrade what I have now.

I'm thinking of doing a pair of RTi6 as L/R, a CSi3, and 4 R150s as surrounds in a 7.1 setup. I currently have a subwoofer which is enough for now but I'll upgrade that to something like an SVS later.

I'm fortunate enough to have a family friend who can get me a great deal on a sony STR-DG910 when it hits market so I'll be jumping on that as my receiver.

The main issue I'm trying to get around right now is the rear porting on the R150s. I'm probably going to have to mount two of the surrounds on the wall behind my seating position and the rear porting could make things a little tricky. My only other option would be to arrange the far rear surrounds directly to my sides and having the other pair of surrounds a few feet in front of those, angled back at the listening position. I'm assuming that would be less than ideal speaker placement.

Is there a bracket out there that allows r150s to be mounted against a wall like I need? Would I be better off trying to find some r15s out there?

If I need the r15s in the rear, would I be best off just scouring ebay for those?

Thanks!
Blk98Bird is offline  
post #649 of 39009 Old 06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Member
 
cowboysfan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's my setup...i have all polk speakers:

TV: 60" SXRD XBR Sony
AV Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR605
DVD/Blu-Ray: PS3
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 70's
Center: Polk CSi3
Back Surround: Polk RTi4's
Sub: Polk PSW303
Cable: Verizon FIOS HD-DVR
cowboysfan22 is offline  
post #650 of 39009 Old 06-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Senior Member
 
mlowie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 6dB away
Posts: 448
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk98Bird View Post

Is there a bracket out there that allows r150s to be mounted against a wall like I need?

You can look at the B-Tech line of brackets as they are very sturdy (the B-77 holds 25kgs!) and allow the speaker to be wall mounted and still be off of the wall. I think Crutch***d carries them.

We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Short Pause......Hold your breath for the dynamic duo!
mlowie is offline  
post #651 of 39009 Old 06-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
LJ25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I want your opinions on the Polk speakers I'm planning on getting.

Front- RTi6
Center- CSi5
Surround- FXi5

These will be driven by a Yamaha HTR-5960, will this receiver be enough?


PSN: J_Rodz2588
LJ25 is offline  
post #652 of 39009 Old 06-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Member
 
realjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ25 View Post

Hey guys I want your opinions on the Polk speakers I'm planning on getting.

Front- RTi6
Center- CSi5
Surround- FXi5

These will be driven by a Yamaha HTR-5960, will this receiver be enough?


I would say so... I think most peoples' concern are large towers with multiple drivers. I am running that setup except with RTi12's up front on my Yamaha rx-v657 which I think is about the same wattage-wise. Though I plan on eventually going to a seperate amp for the fronts, it still sounds pretty dam good to me.

I'm not sure about the smaller RTi's, but they sound fairly bright. The general opinion here is that Yamaha's are also bright and the 2 together is not so great. I have noticed this with mine, though after listening for a while, its not so bad. I would recommend going to the store and testing the speakers running on a comparable Yamaha with a cd you are familiar with, if possible.

one note about the CSi5. ITS HUGE. ahem.. yea, its large. I'm having trouble tracking down a tv stand that can hold this with my plasma. (ok well the big problem is me not wanting to fork over ~$300 for a tv stand).

realjeep
realjeep is offline  
post #653 of 39009 Old 06-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
Shizelbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ25 View Post

Hey guys I want your opinions on the Polk speakers I'm planning on getting.

Front- RTi6
Center- CSi5
Surround- FXi5

These will be driven by a Yamaha HTR-5960, will this receiver be enough?

Its going to be enough to power them, but I doubt it will do them much justice. I really think that if you are going to do a receiver for those speakers you should get something like a Pioneer Elite or Denon.

XBox - Shizelbs

Shizelbs is offline  
post #654 of 39009 Old 06-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
LJ25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by realjeep View Post

I would say so... I think most peoples' concern are large towers with multiple drivers. I am running that setup except with RTi12's up front on my Yamaha rx-v657 which I think is about the same wattage-wise. Though I plan on eventually going to a seperate amp for the fronts, it still sounds pretty dam good to me.

I'm not sure about the smaller RTi's, but they sound fairly bright. The general opinion here is that Yamaha's are also bright and the 2 together is not so great. I have noticed this with mine, though after listening for a while, its not so bad. I would recommend going to the store and testing the speakers running on a comparable Yamaha with a cd you are familiar with, if possible.

one note about the CSi5. ITS HUGE. ahem.. yea, its large. I'm having trouble tracking down a tv stand that can hold this with my plasma. (ok well the big problem is me not wanting to fork over ~$300 for a tv stand).

realjeep

It can't be as bad as my current SONY speakers!


PSN: J_Rodz2588
LJ25 is offline  
post #655 of 39009 Old 06-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
LJ25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
BTW do all Polk speakers suffer from brightness or is it just the RTi series?


PSN: J_Rodz2588
LJ25 is offline  
post #656 of 39009 Old 06-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Member
 
bruss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone help me understand the difference between the rti12 and lsi15? the price difference is not great.. but the price difference between the matching centers and rears is..

thanks in advance. 90% ht and 10% music...

where's the any key
bruss is offline  
post #657 of 39009 Old 06-07-2007, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ron Temple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 8,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ25 View Post

BTW do all Polk speakers suffer from brightness or is it just the RTi series?

There are many speakers that can be classified as brighter than the Polks. Even the Rtis, the brightest, I'd classify neutral to warm, except for the tweeters. They are designed to excel in HT and do a great job...very dynamic. For music the tweeters can get a bit out of control to my ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss View Post

Can someone help me understand the difference between the rti12 and lsi15? the price difference is not great.. but the price difference between the matching centers and rears is..

thanks in advance. 90% ht and 10% music...

Both are excellent speakers...
LSis have better drivers, a much better tweeter and are 4 ohm (harder to drive). They are more laid back and better for music than the RTis and do better with separate amplification.

The 12s are huge, loaded with drivers and woofers, need a ton of power to drive well, can have tremendous HT impact and very good musical performance. If you're HT first and have the space, you should consider them.

Both speakers really need power to shine, but can be driven with a decent receiver (that's 4 ohm stable for the LSis.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Ron Temple is offline  
post #658 of 39009 Old 06-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Member
 
bruss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

There are many speakers that can be classified as brighter than the Polks. Even the Rtis, the brightest, I'd classify neutral to warm, except for the tweeters. They are designed to excel in HT and do a great job...very dynamic. For music the tweeters can get a bit out of control to my ears.



Both are excellent speakers...
LSis have better drivers, a much better tweeter and are 4 ohm (harder to drive). They are more laid back and better for music than the RTis and do better with separate amplification.

The 12s are huge, loaded with drivers and woofers, need a ton of power to drive well, can have tremendous HT impact and very good musical performance. If you're HT first and have the space, you should consider them.

Both speakers really need power to shine, but can be driven with a decent receiver (that's 4 ohm stable for the LSis.


would the onkyo 805 at 130w/chan do allright with the rti12 until i could upgrade to a seperate amp? My setup will be for 90% HT.. or should i just get something like the crown xls 402 out the gate? the money i save on not getting the lsic and lsifx would easily pay for the amps..

thanks for the input.. much appreciated

where's the any key
bruss is offline  
post #659 of 39009 Old 06-07-2007, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cneely8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss View Post

or should i just get something like the crown xls 402 out the gate?

I have the rti12's as fronts, and run them off a 400 watt per channel samson pro-amp. It's been long enough now that I can't recall the differences when running them off my Denon 3805 (120 watts per) but I can say that cranking them up is a tremendous experience that I know my reciever would not have liked! But it's effortless with the pro-amp- I give out before my amp or speakers do.

Also, adding amps to the fronts takes power load off the center channel (and rears, and all 5 speakers are sharing the receiver's power) so those also improve when you take the rti12's to their own amp.

Finally, despite the amp, I run my 12's as small, crossed over at 80 Hz. I have two 12-inch subs, and I like to let them handle anything below 80. I feel that music was more "dynamic" this way when I took the extreme low stuff off the pro-amp and put it to the dual subs. I kept switching back and forth and kept settling on small. I tried it again recently because of the debates on the board, and again ended up at small.
cneely8 is offline  
post #660 of 39009 Old 06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Member
 
bruss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
mind posting the model of your amp? how does it rate to crown? i have read the crowns can be noisy. Is yours very noisy?

awesome feedback.. i love this site

where's the any key
bruss is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off