post #721 of 39147 Old 06-20-2007, 04:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipablo View Post

Rowdy,

I noticed you told rdman that the R150's are the closest match for the R50's. so should i get R150's instead of Monitor 40's? also which is the better center channel for the R50's a CS2 or the CSi5? Thanks.

Dipablo,
First the center channel:
The CS2 would be a better match for the R50's than the CSi5. My first impression of the CSi5 by itself was WOW, but when put with the R50's, it really dominated the soundstage - not what you want from a center speaker.
Now, the other stuff:
While the R150's are traditional surround speakers, the Monitor 40's are even better. In a perfect world, all 5, 6, or 7 (depending on the sound stage) speakers would be the same make/model. Most people can't afford to do that, so manufacturers make what they call floorstanding, bookshelf, and surround speakers. The best would be the same floorstanding speakers all around your room, but most people don't have that kind of space, so they make bookshelf speakers. Many HT setups don't have any floorstanding speakers at all - bookshelf all around. If you can't match your floorstanding speakers with the same speakers in the rear, then the next best thing is the equivalent bookshelf speaker. If you can't do that, then the next best thing is then the equivalent surround speaker.
In your case, the Monitor 40's are an incredible speaker and in my opinion (FWIW), produce much better sound than the timbre matched R150's. Ordinarily, you want to make sure that each speaker you get (from your floorstanding fronts, to your bookshelf/surrounds and your center) are in the same line equivalency by the manufacturer. Polk says that the matching bookshelf speakers for the R50 is either the R150 or R15. I've heard them both and the R15 sounds too boomy to me. The R150 was much less muddy off of the same receiver and volume level.
Ordinarily, by this logic, the Monitor 40's is not something you would want to put into your R50 setup, but while I was shopping, I listened to so many different combinations of speaker configuration (thank you tweeter), that I really came to know all of these lines. I distinctly remember the Monitor 40's being tonally accurate and crisp, but not overpowering. There is something to be said for timbre matching, though. You would get even sound distribution from all of your speakers. However, I don't think the Monitor 40's are going to be overpowering at all and still stand behind my recommendation toward them.
I still suggest finding somewhere with these speakers in stock and listening to them yourself. If you have somewhere like that within feasible driving distance, it makes for an excellent day out. Also, Ron may feel differently, and I would love to hear his opinion on this...

All of this comes down to personal listening preference. While you're test driving speakers, find what you like and stick to your guns. If it sounds great to you, who else matters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 39147 Old 06-20-2007, 05:22 PM

Well I just pulled the trigger on a new amp to power my system, Adcom 7805 to drive my Lsi15's, lsic center, and Lc80i rears, just waiting on my reciever, onkyo 875.

What size power conditioner should I get, or is it jewels, what is suffiecient

Anybody have suggestions for a dvd player?????

Thanks

Panasonic 58inch 700u
Polk audio Lsi-15 -towers
Polk audio Lsi-c center
Polk audio Lc-80i rears
Onkyo 875 reciever
Toshiba HD-A2
Amp Adcom 7805
post #723 of 39147 Old 06-20-2007, 08:36 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by trxjwb View Post

Well I just pulled the trigger on a new amp to power my system, Adcom 7805 to drive my Lsi15's, lsic center, and Lc80i rears, just waiting on my reciever, onkyo 875.

What size power conditioner should I get, or is it jewels, what is suffiecient

Anybody have suggestions for a dvd player?????

Thanks

You should be very happy with the Adcom as they make great stuff. I had one pushing a pair of RTi38's and a CSi40 and it sounded great. Now that I think about it, I wonder why I sold it?? Anyway, if you are still looking at SD-DVD, as I am, Oppo and Denon make some truly great products. I have one of each and have trouble deciding on which to use. Power conditioners by Furman, Panamax, PS Audio, and Monster seem to be the most popular brands. Size should really depend on your budget as they run from basic surge suppressor looking blocks to rack mountable, in-your-face boxes. Just wondering if you would post your impressions after you hook up the Adcom vs. the Onkyo on its own. That is quite a formidable avr and I am curious as to whether you find a 'huge' difference.

We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Short Pause......Hold your breath for the dynamic duo!
post #724 of 39147 Old 06-21-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlowie View Post

You should be very happy with the Adcom as they make great stuff. I had one pushing a pair of RTi38's and a CSi40 and it sounded great. Now that I think about it, I wonder why I sold it?? Anyway, if you are still looking at SD-DVD, as I am, Oppo and Denon make some truly great products. I have one of each and have trouble deciding on which to use. Power conditioners by Furman, Panamax, PS Audio, and Monster seem to be the most popular brands. Size should really depend on your budget as they run from basic surge suppressor looking blocks to rack mountable, in-your-face boxes. Just wondering if you would post your impressions after you hook up the Adcom vs. the Onkyo on its own. That is quite a formidable avr and I am curious as to whether you find a 'huge' difference.

Not a problem

Panasonic 58inch 700u
Polk audio Lsi-15 -towers
Polk audio Lsi-c center
Polk audio Lc-80i rears
Onkyo 875 reciever
Toshiba HD-A2
Amp Adcom 7805
post #725 of 39147 Old 06-21-2007, 07:52 PM

Rowdy,

Ok i think i could handle going R50's all the way around in my living room, plus i could get all four for like 280. Or I was thinkin i could stick with the monitor 40's and instead of the R50's upgrade to the monitor 50's or even 60's, would be pushin my budget a little but i think i could swing it. what should i go with? i mean im sure the monitor line is better then the R50's but is it worth the extra money. everyone that has the R50's seems to love em on here.

I agree going and listening on my own would be great but im a good 4 hours away form any city that MIGHT have a decent electronics store, i just moved out here for work so dont really no whats out there. so i pretty much have to go with everyone's opinion on here.

So what do you think?
post #726 of 39147 Old 06-21-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:

Rowdy,

Ok i think i could handle going R50's all the way around in my living room, plus i could get all four for like 280. Or I was thinkin i could stick with the monitor 40's and instead of the R50's upgrade to the monitor 50's or even 60's, would be pushin my budget a little but i think i could swing it. what should i go with? i mean im sure the monitor line is better then the R50's but is it worth the extra money. everyone that has the R50's seems to love em on here.

I agree going and listening on my own would be great but im a good 4 hours away form any city that MIGHT have a decent electronics store, i just moved out here for work so dont really no whats out there. so i pretty much have to go with everyone's opinion on here.

So what do you think?

I must admit I have not heard the Monitor line -- I was also considering it before I went with the R series. I now have 2 R50's in front , 2 R-30 surrounds and a Csi25 center. I just could not resist the fantastic prices offered by Fry's for these speakers when on special. IMHO the R50's at $70 each + shipping are the most under-rated value speaker out there. I also have to say that I have them bring driven by a Pio Elite 72 AVR which to my ears is a fantastic AVR

I think so highly of the R50's that when Fry's had then on sale recently I bought 3 MORE PAIRS and have them waiting for my next reconfig of the HT/music room. So I now have a total of 8 (count them -- 8!) R50 speakers in my inventory.

This is probably nuts, but I'm thinking of putting 4 R50's in front (2 each side connected in parallel) driven by a Behringer EP1500 (or 2500) amp (using the Pio 72 are pre/pro for the front channels) + 4 more R50's for surround's and rear's and also would probably replace the CSi25 with a CS2 or CSi3 (or 5) at center.

Anyway -- to answer your question -- I would (obviously) go for the R50 config and never look back. I think they are great speakers -- very musical and also excellent for HT -- OR excellent for HT and very musical as well -- whichever way you like it -- I think they're great performers all around.
post #727 of 39147 Old 06-22-2007, 12:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipsterut View Post

I must admit I have not heard the Monitor line -- I was also considering it before I went with the R series. I now have 2 R50's in front , 2 R-30 surrounds and a Csi25 center. I just could not resist the fantastic prices offered by Fry's for these speakers when on special. IMHO the R50's at $70 each + shipping are the most under-rated value speaker out there. I also have to say that I have them bring driven by a Pio Elite 72 AVR which to my ears is a fantastic AVR

I think so highly of the R50's that when Fry's had then on sale recently I bought 3 MORE PAIRS and have them waiting for my next reconfig of the HT/music room. So I now have a total of 8 (count them -- 8!) R50 speakers in my inventory.

This is probably nuts, but I'm thinking of putting 4 R50's in front (2 each side connected in parallel) driven by a Behringer EP1500 (or 2500) amp (using the Pio 72 are pre/pro for the front channels) + 4 more R50's for surround's and rear's and also would probably replace the CSi25 with a CS2 or CSi3 (or 5) at center.

Anyway -- to answer your question -- I would (obviously) go for the R50 config and never look back. I think they are great speakers -- very musical and also excellent for HT -- OR excellent for HT and very musical as well -- whichever way you like it -- I think they're great performers all around.

Well that's a bit much... . I tend to agree that the R50s are a great deal, improvable with better amplification...they define a very good all rounder. I found them hard to upgrade from. Personally, I don't think the step from Rs to current Monitors is big enough to justify. I'd save for the Rtis, LSis or go vintage. However, if you're starting with Monitors, I'd go 60s, 40s and a CS2. It's right in the lines sweet spot.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #728 of 39147 Old 06-22-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Well that's a bit much... . I tend to agree that the R50s are a great deal, improvable with better amplification...they define a very good all rounder. I found them hard to upgrade from. Personally, I don't think the step from Rs to current Monitors is big enough to justify. I'd save for the Rtis, LSis or go vintage. However, if you're starting with Monitors, I'd go 60s, 40s and a CS2. It's right in the lines sweet spot.

I have to agree with Mr. Temple here. The R50's are a wonderful speaker for the price and the upgrade from the R50's to the Monitors just couldn't be justified for me (especially for the price you're able to get the R50's at some of the retailers.) The better the AVR or amplifier you have going to them, the better they are going to perform. I've yet to see someone with them installed that didn't love them.

The real upgrade would be like Ron said, the RTi's or LSi's. But on a budget, you can't beat the R50's with a stick.
post #729 of 39147 Old 06-22-2007, 07:11 PM

Well all of you actually spend time listening to these speakers so I thought I would ask you. With 2 Rti6's and a CSi3, would it be a bad idea to set it up with something along the lines of a pioneer 516, or maybe an 816. I am doing a 3.1 and I'm just wondering how much you think I'm going to lose. I'm running an HD-A2 but just can't afford an HDMI reciever. You think I need to suck it up and upgrade the reciever(really cant afford it) or will it sound good?

Thanks for your help
post #730 of 39147 Old 06-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Hey guys, I got some RTi38's from a few years back and I would like to upgrade my center channel and would like to know if the CSi5 would be a good match ?

Thanks,
Brian

Take care,
Brian
post #731 of 39147 Old 06-23-2007, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian27 View Post

Hey guys, I got some RTi38's from a few years back and I would like to upgrade my center channel and would like to know if the CSi5 would be a good match ?

Thanks,
Brian

Tweeters aren't the same, but probably be ok. What were the corresponding centers then? CSi40 or CS400i were the big Polk centers for the 2 last RT generations...are still available used on ebay from time to time and generally sell for ~ $200 mint. Whichever has the matching tweeter will be perfect.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #732 of 39147 Old 06-23-2007, 02:49 PM

The CSi40 is the match for the RTi38... same tweeters and similar if not the same woofers. I think they both use 6 1/2in woofers.

Don
post #733 of 39147 Old 06-23-2007, 05:26 PM

What center channel by polk would be the best match for monitor 50's?
post #734 of 39147 Old 06-24-2007, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
I posted this one in the polk forums as well, but I consider AVS forums kinda like my home in the HT realm. So I'd love to hear some advice from you guys.

I've been trying to decide on my course of action for a while, and I believe that you guys could crystallize things.

So here's my situation -- started off w/ an Onkyo HTib, upgraded the mains to Monitor 50's and center to a CS1 a little more than a yr ago, and have since done piecemeal upgrades on everything else such that this is my current setup:

still Monitor 50's and CS1 up front
2 pair of FXi5's for surrounds
Dual SVS 16-46PC+ subs
Will be getting a new Onkyo 875 delivered in the next couple of weeks.
Will be getting a 200wpc/8ohm amp for mains (and probably center as well) -- in all likelihood, probably a couple of used Adcom 555's or a 5503.

I am probably 90% HT/ 2% music, and the rest is 360/ps3/wii gameplay.

I don't listen very loudly, but I like good crisp, clean dialog with a good wide soundstage. And the CS1/M50 combo just isn't cutting it in eitrher department, but I guess that's to be expected in entry-level HT spkrs.

At this point I'm debating about doing LSI25 or 15's w/ an LSIc center, vs RTi12's w/ a CSi5 center.

Many seem to be of the opinion that the RTI12's are the choice for those that are more into HT rather than music, but it seems as if the logic driving that is that they are really bright and powerful (given enough juice, of course). I think the CSi5 would meet my needs well, but, of course, given the timbre-matching issue, I obviously wouldn't get it if I get the LSI's

But here's the thing -- I like to be able to get the fine detail of movie soundtracks and dialogue, and will be listening at relatively comfortable, non-mind-blowing db levels. For that reason, I think the LSI's would be a better match for me (though I obviously understand that there wouldn't necessarily be the best timbre-matching w/ the FXi5's if I did that). As for the 25's vs the 15's -- obviously, my dual SVS's can handle the LFE quite well. I don't know that the larger built-in subs w/ the 25's are worth the upgrade from the 15's, as they seem to be essentially identical otherwise.

As for the RTI's -- am I selling them short here? I don't need my ears to bleed when I'm watching movies. And maybe I'm being a bit too quick to dismiss the RTI 10's?
post #735 of 39147 Old 06-24-2007, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

I posted this one in the polk forums as well, but I consider AVS forums kinda like my home in the HT realm. So I'd love to hear some advice from you guys.

I've been trying to decide on my course of action for a while, and I believe that you guys could crystallize things.

So here's my situation -- started off w/ an Onkyo HTib, upgraded the mains to Monitor 50's and center to a CS1 a little more than a yr ago, and have since done piecemeal upgrades on everything else such that this is my current setup:

still Monitor 50's and CS1 up front
2 pair of FXi5's for surrounds
Dual SVS 16-46PC+ subs
Will be getting a new Onkyo 875 delivered in the next couple of weeks.
Will be getting a 200wpc/8ohm amp for mains (and probably center as well) -- in all likelihood, probably a couple of used Adcom 555's or a 5503.

I am probably 90% HT/ 2% music, and the rest is 360/ps3/wii gameplay.

I don't listen very loudly, but I like good crisp, clean dialog with a good wide soundstage. And the CS1/M50 combo just isn't cutting it in eitrher department, but I guess that's to be expected in entry-level HT spkrs.

At this point I'm debating about doing LSI25 or 15's w/ an LSIc center, vs RTi12's w/ a CSi5 center.

Many seem to be of the opinion that the RTI12's are the choice for those that are more into HT rather than music, but it seems as if the logic driving that is that they are really bright and powerful (given enough juice, of course). I think the CSi5 would meet my needs well, but, of course, given the timbre-matching issue, I obviously wouldn't get it if I get the LSI's

But here's the thing -- I like to be able to get the fine detail of movie soundtracks and dialogue, and will be listening at relatively comfortable, non-mind-blowing db levels. For that reason, I think the LSI's would be a better match for me (though I obviously understand that there wouldn't necessarily be the best timbre-matching w/ the FXi5's if I did that). As for the 25's vs the 15's -- obviously, my dual SVS's can handle the LFE quite well. I don't know that the larger built-in subs w/ the 25's are worth the upgrade from the 15's, as they seem to be essentially identical otherwise.

As for the RTI's -- am I selling them short here? I don't need my ears to bleed when I'm watching movies. And maybe I'm being a bit too quick to dismiss the RTI 10's?

Go find a place to listen. From your description either will be a big upgrade. You've probably seen all the adjectives bright vs laid back, HT vs Music, finicky with bright rooms or placement issues on the LSis. The RTis definitely will be more forward and at first blush sound more dynamic which is probably what your looking for. Overall in the long run, most folks prefer the LSis...simply a better speaker that rewards by continually giving more as you upgrade your gear.
But that's all up to you, decide for yourself.

If the LSis win...then the 15s, C and later either the books or LSfx.

You've got more choices with the RTis...with your subs...I might go with 8s over the 10s and 12s, but I'd listen first and maybe take a pair of each choice home returning the loser(s).

GL

post #736 of 39147 Old 06-24-2007, 03:07 PM

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all your input. My final lineup should be,

Fronts and Rears - R50's
Center - CS2
Sub - BIC H-100
and a yamaha rx-v661 to push it all.

Just wanted to see if there were any final comments, suggestions, or problems before i pul the trigger.

Thnaks agian, you all have been great!
post #737 of 39147 Old 06-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Tweeters aren't the same, but probably be ok. What were the corresponding centers then? CSi40 or CS400i were the big Polk centers for the 2 last RT generations...are still available used on ebay from time to time and generally sell for ~ $200 mint. Whichever has the matching tweeter will be perfect.

Quote:

The CSi40 is the match for the RTi38... same tweeters and similar if not the same woofers. I think they both use 6 1/2in woofers.

Don

I have already purchased the CSi5 thinking that was the match for all the RTi series speakers ...I knew the CSi40 was the match when I bought the RTi38's and I have been searching around the web for a used one with NO luck...Does anyone know if it would be ok to take the tweeter out of my CSi30 and put it in the CSi5? The woofers in the CSi5 are also 6.5 inches but they dont have that blue color in them that the RTi38's have. I might just decide to sell off my older RTi setup and get some newer RTi's.

Thanks,
Brian

Take care,
Brian
post #738 of 39147 Old 06-24-2007, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian27 View Post

I have already purchased the CSi5 thinking that was the match for all the RTi series speakers ...I knew the CSi40 was the match when I bought the RTi38's and I have been searching around the web for a used one with NO luck...Does anyone know if it would be ok to take the tweeter out of my CSi30 and put it in the CSi5? The woofers in the CSi5 are also 6.5 inches but they dont have that blue color in them that the RTi38's have. I might just decide to sell off my older RTi setup and get some newer RTi's.

Thanks,
Brian

I wouldn't swap tweeters. The crossovers in the CSi5 are customized to the current tweeter. It's a good question though and I could be wrong. Call Polk CS. Also, just try the speaker out, the current RTis are a bit brighter, but it should be close and the 5 is a nice speaker. If you can't live with it then look at 6s or 8s.

post #739 of 39147 Old 06-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

I wouldn't swap tweeters. The crossovers in the CSi5 are customized to the current tweeter. It's a good question though and I could be wrong. Call Polk CS. Also, just try the speaker out, the current RTis are a bit brighter, but it should be close and the 5 is a nice speaker. If you can't live with it then look at 6s or 8s.

They do match up petty closely though you can tell the CSi5 is brighter somewhat...you can tell when you go through the speaker balancing test tones. I had planned on getting the RTi12,s when I can but I hope Polk doesnt discontinue them by then or replace them with a newer RTi model and change their tweeters.

Thanks,
Brian

Take care,
Brian
post #740 of 39147 Old 06-25-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all your input. My final lineup should be,

Fronts and Rears - R50's
Center - CS2
Sub - BIC H-100
and a yamaha rx-v661 to push it all.

Just wanted to see if there were any final comments, suggestions, or problems before i pul the trigger.

Thnaks agian, you all have been great!

Dipablo,
Sounds like a good setup. I think you'll like those R50's all the way around the room. The Yamaha is going to make those sound pretty. Good luck!
post #741 of 39147 Old 06-25-2007, 01:06 PM

Hi,

Trying to do this setup:
Front - R50 (Bought it)
Center - CS2 (looking for a deal to buy)
Rear - R?? (not decided)
Receiver - Onkyo 605 (in the back order)
Sub - BIC H100 / Cadence X-Sub / Dayton Sub-120 (not decided yet)

What do you think about the setup? Any suggestions? What is the best sub in the above? I am setting this up for HT (70% TV & 30% Music), room size is around 15X17X10 and one side is open to kitchen. Appreciate your comments.
post #742 of 39147 Old 06-25-2007, 11:59 PM

If I purchased the Rti 8's and used the Onkyo 674 that gave 90 Watts pers channel, would I need an external amplifier for the Rti 8's or would they sound fine powered by the receiver?

GT- SeaySaw
post #743 of 39147 Old 06-26-2007, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeay86 View Post

If I purchased the Rti 8's and used the Onkyo 674 that gave 90 Watts pers channel, would I need an external amplifier for the Rti 8's or would they sound fine powered by the receiver?

They will sound great with the Onk, but it doesn't hurt to try an amp later to see how it sounds...my experience is that they will improve.

post #744 of 39147 Old 06-26-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeay86 View Post

JSeay,
Since this weekend, I'm running my RTi8's from an Onkyo 805 and I'm extremely pleased with the sound. The RTi's aren't as power hungry as the LSi's (not that they can't effectively use it, they just don't need it to sound great.)
I also got the opportunity to hook them up to a 100wpc Morantz amp and I loved that even more, but I'm not looking back on my Onkyo purchase at all.
post #745 of 39147 Old 06-26-2007, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenunna View Post

Hi,

Trying to do this setup:
Front - R50 (Bought it)
Center - CS2 (looking for a deal to buy)
Rear - R?? (not decided)
Receiver - Onkyo 605 (in the back order)
Sub - BIC H100 / Cadence X-Sub / Dayton Sub-120 (not decided yet)

What do you think about the setup? Any suggestions? What is the best sub in the above? I am setting this up for HT (70% TV & 30% Music), room size is around 15X17X10 and one side is open to kitchen. Appreciate your comments.

sreenunna,
I think matching R50's in the rear would do that setup justice. I've heard a lot of people like the BIC, but depending on your budget, you may want to look into an SVS PB12-NSD:
http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-pb12nsd.cfm
I've got one sitting in my HT and I LOVE it! Super powerful, yet clean lows. It's awesome to see my wife's hair move when the sub starts rocking!
post #746 of 39147 Old 06-26-2007, 07:38 AM

SVS PB12-NSD is way above my budget. Other sites, suggested to check AV123 X-Sub also. Any comments on it.
For the rear I am not looking for floor standing. What is the best rear speakers for this setup.
For CS2, I see Ebay there are few and says NEW. I am not sure whether it worth to buy at EBAY and save $100 compare to other sites.
post #747 of 39147 Old 06-26-2007, 07:54 AM

Quote:

SVS PB12-NSD is way above my budget. Other sites, suggested to check AV123 X-Sub also. Any comments on it.
For the rear I am not looking for floor standing. What is the best rear speakers for this setup.
For CS2, I see Ebay there are few and says NEW. I am not sure whether it worth to buy at EBAY and save $100 compare to other sites.

sreenunna,
Sorry about trying to push the sub on you. I just get warm fuzzys every time I hear it roll... I don't have any experience with the X-Sub, so I can't comment on that one. The Monitor 30's would be a nice match for the R50's as a bookshelf solution.
post #748 of 39147 Old 06-26-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:

I dont know what your budget is, but the PB10 NSD is cheaper than the 12, its what ill be using with my Polk speakers whenever i get my reciever.
post #749 of 39147 Old 06-26-2007, 04:13 PM

What is the better combination for a Rear with Front R50. I was thinking R150 but I heard M30 from RowdyRoddy. Any more comments?
Same way, any other ideas on center CS2.

I see on Ebay, warehouse is selling these speakers for cheaper than what we can get in other websites. Is it okay to buy there and still get the valid warranty and quality?
post #750 of 39147 Old 06-27-2007, 03:38 AM

Quote:

What is the better combination for a Rear with Front R50. I was thinking R150 but I heard M30 from RowdyRoddy. Any more comments?
Same way, any other ideas on center CS2.

I see on Ebay, warehouse is selling these speakers for cheaper than what we can get in other websites. Is it okay to buy there and still get the valid warranty and quality?

sreenunna,
The R150's would be a great choice for the R50's. It would also be timbre matched to the mains. The CS2 is a great center and will sound awesome. Maybe one of the other members can comment on their eBay experience.

What kind of AVR are you going to be pushing everything with?
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread - Psw108 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page