Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2011, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

I honestly will just prob end up keeping the 60's for sentimental reasons (cause the wife will make me lol).

i wish i had that problem...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchy View Post

i wish i had that problem...

LOL....its because she bought them for me for christmas our first year together....

if it were something else she would probably make me get rid of it lol....

My Setup

Quote:
There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick

Old 03-31-2011, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hey folks I'm looking to get a 5.1 setup going for a bedroom (roughly 14'x11') HT system and I posted here asking for speaker recommendations. After going to many stores and listening to oodles of speakers I have to say that within my price range (hopefully ~$700-800 max for the whole setup) the best bang for buck was the Polk Monitors and the CS2.

I'm Canadian so I'll likely be getting them from Newegg.ca. For the CS2, 2xMonitor 60 and 2xMonitor 30, it will be $681.92 with shipping for the whole setup, though that doesn't include a subwoofer. I feel this is a perfect setup for my room size and needs, curious if the Polkies would recommend this or alter it?

And what sub would go well with this setup considering my price range?
Old 03-31-2011, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post

For the CS2, 2xMonitor 60 and 2xMonitor 30, it will be $681.92 with shipping for the whole setup, though that doesn't include a subwoofer. I feel this is a perfect setup for my room size and needs, curious if the Polkies would recommend this or alter it?

Maybe drive to the US and buy some used Monitors? I don't know how closely you would be scrutinized at the border if you drive home with a car full of equipment. I know there are a lot of guys with M60's and 70's for sale here (myself included!)

As for a sub, much depends on how you want to use it. If it's going in your bedroom and/or if you mainly want to listen to music (plus some movies) then the Polk 505 might be a good choice. If you want loud explosions in movies and games then there are a few cheap BIC's that would fill the bill.

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 3312ci & Emo XPA-5 amp, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's, DSW660 & Lsi9's upstairs
Old 03-31-2011, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Hey Rob...was it worth it? I expected some comments by now.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLee View Post

Maybe drive to the US and buy some used Monitors? I don't know how closely you would be scrutinized at the border if you drive home with a car full of equipment. I know there are a lot of guys with M60's and 70's for sale here (myself included!)

As for a sub, much depends on how you want to use it. If it's going in your bedroom and/or if you mainly want to listen to music (plus some movies) then the Polk 505 might be a good choice. If you want loud explosions in movies and games then there are a few cheap BIC's that would fill the bill.

I didn't think about driving across the border, though I am about an hour away from Niagara Falls so that might be a possibility. I suppose the irony is that it would only make sense if I planned a purchase of all the speakers, and then returning would be a coin toss for getting duty fee-fudged

I was recommended this BIC: http://www.amazon.com/BIC-America-F1...0603134&sr=1-2
Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 PM

I got some 70s here in Detroit I'm trying to shed

Signature.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Hey Rob...was it worth it? I expected some comments by now.

So far so good. I just got the 70's up and running last night. I've been composing my impressions in my head and hope to post something soon. They DO sound different, going from 5" to 6" drivers. I think there is still some break-in needed, and probably some things I'll just have to get used to.

Quote:

I was recommended this BIC: http://www.amazon.com/BIC-America-F1...0603134&sr=1-2

I had a BIC F12 last year and will just point you to some of my earlier posts. Click on my name and choose "find more posts" then search for F12 (I've posted a lot about the F12 - some may feel I've probably posted too much). Start here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post19831044

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 3312ci & Emo XPA-5 amp, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's, DSW660 & Lsi9's upstairs
Old 03-31-2011, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So far so good. I just got the 70's up and running last night. I've been composing my impressions in my head and hope to post something soon. They DO sound different, going from 5" to 6" drivers. I think there is still some break-in needed, and probably some things I'll just have to get used to.

I've no doubt they have a fuller sound. Let your ears get used to the difference and comment.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1366
Quote:

I've no doubt they have a fuller sound. Let your ears get used to the difference and comment.

Well said. I've been breaking my 70's in since Christmas. Have been listening to music more and more on two channel (pure audio with the Onk 807) and enjoying the power I'm able to push through this speakers, sounding really good.

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat
Old 03-31-2011, 06:28 PM

Ups dropped off my m70's about an hour before had to leave for work, how cruel! Still managed to get them hooked up and played a few songs before I left. First thing that hit me was the vastly improved sound stage I now have over the monster Sony towers they replaced, actually got up and checked to make sure it wasn't in 7 channel stereo mode. They have the mid-bass to treble range sound I was looking for. They sound pretty flat to me in the low end though but I'm hoping that will open up a bit once they are broken in. It could just be that I'm use to the low end grunt the Sony towers had with 12" drivers/radiators. So far, from my brief use, I'm pretty happy with them especially for newegg deals. It will be a few days before I can try them out with a movie or two, the screen is down getting repainted with MaxxMudd LL.

Pair of dual opposed 5ft^3 cabs with mfw-15 drivers! Boom on the cheap!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 736
Quote:

I'm Canadian so I'll likely be getting them from Newegg.ca. For the CS2, 2xMonitor 60 and 2xMonitor 30, it will be $681.92 with shipping for the whole setup, though that doesn't include a subwoofer. I feel this is a perfect setup for my room size and needs, curious if the Polkies would recommend this or alter it?

Just got that same setup yesterday and I'm diggin' it! Mostly will be using it for HT but am rediscovering some of my music now too.

From Newegg.com it came to USD $462 with shipping. Don't know what import duties/shipping/etc. you might run into or if it's even an option but at that price differential it's probably worth looking into.

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye." - HAL 9000
Old 03-31-2011, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

This is a reprint of a Sterophile review from 1998 about the Polk bookshelf RT5. I don't know why it was posted last week, but it speaks expressively from Polk's designers, what they hope to acheive for their customers. I don't think their philosophy has changed an iota even though lines have changed. It's a good read.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/p...t5-loudspeaker

Old 03-31-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCasualty View Post

Just got that same setup yesterday and I'm diggin' it! Mostly will be using it for HT but am rediscovering some of my music now too.

From Newegg.com it came to USD $462 with shipping. Don't know what import duties/shipping/etc. you might run into or if it's even an option but at that price differential it's probably worth looking into.

Yeah the prices are about ~$30 per speaker higher on the Canadian site which I have to use. However I chatted with a Newegg rep today and the price diff is because they are basically including the pillaging I'd get from import and duty fees on items of that size and weight as it is.

I've been checking ebay, craigslist and local classified sites (Kijiji is a big one here in Canada) and to be honest, even if I could scrape maybe $50-$100 off the cost of all the speakers going for a deal somewhere, I've bought a lot of stuff from Newegg and their customer service has been ridiculously good. I would feel far more comfortable with them backing my buy, or any larger and reputable seller with comparable support. This is a pretty significant purchase for me.

And glad to hear you're enjoying it, gives me a boost in confidence to copy ya! I really am looking forward to rediscovering a lot of my media as well, I've been using Logitech z-5300e's for about 4 years until I bought my house, now I've got a whole room I can enjoy so it's time to hear some mids lol

Quote:

I had a BIC F12 last year and will just point you to some of my earlier posts. Click on my name and choose "find more posts" then search for F12 (I've posted a lot about the F12 - some may feel I've probably posted too much). Start here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post19831044

Hey, thanks! Have been reading a bunch of the F12-related postings just now and correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like it's at a price point where if one breaks just a bit past it, the resulting sub choice is far better, while sticking to the $180-$200 range of the F12 yields, well, what one might expect for that price?

I was thinking of this sub as well: http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/stf-1.html Looks perfect for my room size and needs. I am awaiting an email response from Hsu to give me a shipping estimate to my address.

Quote:

and then returning would be a coin toss for getting duty fee-fudged

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoyeB View Post

I got some 70s here in Detroit I'm trying to shed

Well now returning would be a coin toss, period!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've bought a lot of stuff from Newegg and their customer service has been ridiculously good. I would feel far more comfortable with them backing my buy, or any larger and reputable seller with comparable support.

NewEgg's cust svc is amazing. I've only had to return a couple items (out of maybe a hundred) and never had any issues. Same goes for Amazon.

Quote:

... it seems like it's at a price point where if one breaks just a bit past it, the resulting sub choice is far better, while sticking to the $180-$200 range of the F12 yields, well, what one might expect for that price?

I was thinking of this sub as well: http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/stf-1.html Looks perfect for my room size and needs. I am awaiting an email response from Hsu to give me a shipping estimate to my address.

I've owned I think four $200 subs. If I had it to do over again I would definitely go with the STF-1. Don't let the 8" driver scare you away. I recently bought a Klipsch 350 (which has an 8" driver) for our TV room and it does a great job, even with MP3's. I'm guessing the HSU is as good or better. I think you'd be much happier with the STF1 than an F12.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:09 PM

Thinking FXi A6's for my rears what do you guys think?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 736
Quote:

I purposely didn't answer this part of your question previously because I'm certain many others have a better informed opinion than I. I have a Paradigm PDR-10 (early version) that I bought used from a co-worker some years ago and think it is excellent, however, I was surprised to read many threads here on AVS that pan this sub as being "muddy" and/or "boomy" and possibly under-powered as well. None of this reflects my experience at all, so I don't know if these negative reviews reflect later versions of the speaker, my setup or maybe that I just got lucky. Regardless, I'm not plugging this particular speaker but rather wondering what Paradigm SW options you might have at a better price point in Canada? Have you looked into this at all?

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye." - HAL 9000
Old 03-31-2011, 09:32 PM

Boldaslove, I think you have a nice setup coming. What's your AVR?

Signature.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:

This is a reprint of a Sterophile review from 1998 about the Polk bookshelf RT5. I don't know why it was posted last week, but it speaks expressively from Polk's designers, what they hope to acheive for their customers. I don't think their philosophy has changed an iota even though lines have changed. It's a good read.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/p...t5-loudspeaker

Very nice read. Those comments reaffirm my feelings for the RTi line. Monitors are nice, but the RTi line is something special to me. Anyway, is this RT5 comparable to the A1 or A3 of today's line? I dont remember the woofer size being mentioned in there.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:

I've owned I think four $200 subs. If I had it to do over again I would definitely go with the STF-1. Don't let the 8" driver scare you away. I recently bought a Klipsch 350 (which has an 8" driver) for our TV room and it does a great job, even with MP3's. I'm guessing the HSU is as good or better. I think you'd be much happier with the STF1 than an F12.

Yeah, I'm thinking more along the lines of something that would be more than enough for the bedroom as I am doing some serious renovation in my house as it is, and the bedroom I've spared is not necessarily a permanent HT room as of yet. I was also recommended the STF2, and though it's not insanely more being just another $80, I am not sure it would be necessary for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCasualty View Post

I purposely didn't answer this part of your question previously because I'm certain many others have a better informed opinion than I. I have a Paradigm PDR-10 (early version) that I bought used from a co-worker some years ago and think it is excellent, however, I was surprised to read many threads here on AVS that pan this sub as being "muddy" and/or "boomy" and possibly under-powered as well. None of this reflects my experience at all, so I don't know if these negative reviews reflect later versions of the speaker, my setup or maybe that I just got lucky. Regardless, I'm not plugging this particular speaker but rather wondering what Paradigm SW options you might have at a better price point in Canada? Have you looked into this at all?

Hey, no worries, interested to hear of any experience I just checked some classifieds and have seen the PDR-10 in the range of $180-$225. I have added it to my notes to check in local stores if available so I can have a listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoyeB View Post

Boldaslove, I think you have a nice setup coming. What's your AVR?

Well I've been going bananas the last few weeks researching everything, I'm certainly taking my time and getting to know as much about these products as I can At this point in time based on my notes, these will be the main components of my HT:

- Samsung UN46D6000
- Pioneer VSX-1125-K receiver (Future Shop/CDN token model, same as 1120)
- Polk 60x2, Polk 30x2, Polk CS2, (Insert Sub here)

I'm using a server/HTPC (which is another story but thankfully that's where my background/knowledge is so it's nothing of an issue compared to deciding on the doggone speakers/TV/receiver lol). Having gone to a lot of stores and checked out a ton of these items in person this week though, I'd say I'm about 90% certainty the above is what I'll end up with.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTowel View Post

Very nice read. Those comments reaffirm my feelings for the RTi line. Monitors are nice, but the RTi line is something special to me. Anyway, is this RT5 comparable to the A1 or A3 of today's line? I dont remember the woofer size being mentioned in there.

There was a 3,5 and a 7 bookshelf. The RT5 was a 6.5" driver like the A3...not as pretty though. I've never heard the original series, but have had experience with several of the next revs books. They are more laid back than current RTis, but you can tell they are Polks.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, I'm thinking more along the lines of something that would be more than enough for the bedroom as I am doing some serious renovation in my house as it is, and the bedroom I've spared is not necessarily a permanent HT room as of yet. I was also recommended the STF2, and though it's not insanely more being just another $80, I am not sure it would be necessary for me?

Probably wouldn't be necessary for the bedroom, but down the road you'd be glad you stepped up to the STF2. I've read many good reports of the STF2 and I think the extra 6Hz extension would be well worth a mere $80.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:01 AM

Just purchased the Monitor 40s and CS2 to replace my fronts.

Upgrading from the RM6750 for the living room. Live in a small townhouse, living room is 14 x 10. Planning on moving into a house next year and doing a dedicated HT setup on a budget then. Currently running through a Denon AVR591

Plan then is to buy Monitor 70s for the front and move 40s to surround.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:

There was a 3,5 and a 7 bookshelf. The RT5 was a 6.5" driver like the A3...not as pretty though. I've never heard the original series, but have had experience with several of the next revs books. They are more laid back than current RTis, but you can tell they are Polks.

Haha yeah you can't beat the sexy curves of the current line... Beautiful speakers.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Probably wouldn't be necessary for the bedroom, but down the road you'd be glad you stepped up to the STF2. I've read many good reports of the STF2 and I think the extra 6Hz extension would be well worth a mere $80.

If he entertains the STF2 he might as well get VTF1 since its on sale now. The VTF1 could double as "magic fingers" if you hide it under the bed

Signature.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

So far I've only had one evening with my new 70's. They appear physically much larger then I expected just a few inches difference would make, but the series II towers are certainly more attractive than the originals. After getting them unpacked and hooked up, the first thing I listened to was a venerable favorite, Jean Michel Jarre's Equinoxe, followed by some light classical while I straightened up the house and took a shower. I found that I could easily hear the music in our attached garage as well as in the bathroom upstairs. This is something I've missed since selling my vintage eighteen driver A/R's. Quite simply, the 70's don't seem to work so hard, and can more easily fill the house with sound without being driven to harshness.

At this point I had not yet re-run Audyssey and was still using the settings from the M60's, but everything sounded just fine. After the shower I put on the original Blue Man Group DVD to help loosen up the surrounds a bit... of course, with the twin Klipsch subs still handling most of the bass. At this point I still had Monitor 50's in place as surrounds, but decided to "go for it" and put the 60's, which had been my fronts in their places. Those 50's look so tiny compared to the 70's!

So with everything in their final location I re-ran Audyssey, which reset all but the rears speakers to full range. I listened to I think it was Adiemus with the settings that way, then decided to revert back to Small but dropped the crossover to 60Hz, so those mid-bass drivers in the bottom of the 70's will have a little work to do. I'm not sure where the upper and lower drivers crossover internally, but I expect the front soundstage to sound better now that the mains 2.6KHz tweeter crossover matches that of the CS2 center.

Since I was alone for the evening I watched the Barb Wire B/R I'd picked up last month (lots of explosions!) and ended the evening with Dark Side of the Moon on SACD. The movie sounded fine, but I think in some ways the 60's may have been more articulate. Now I realize that the 70's will improve with age as they loosen up (regardless of what anyone says). But I could tell that while the new 70's did a better job with male voices, the female voice sounds deeper and more mellow. The 60's never were shrill, but I feel did a better job in the upper midrange. Of course, much of this is merely "listening habit" and I will eventually become more accustomed to the sound of the 70's. Previously I had been accustomed to the multiple hemispherical domes of my A/R's and after thirty years I'm still coming to grips with the concept of using cones for midrange drivers.

I think it was during the song "Money" on Dark Side that I could tell the greatest difference between the 70's and the 60's which were still hooked up. The "ching" of the money (which was accomplished by dumping coins into a giant stainless steel skillet) sounded thin, more like bottle caps (anybody remember bottle caps?) rather than coins. I'll have to revisit this later on after the 70's and I have become more accustomed to each other.

I remember early on reading reviews of the 60's and 70's, and more then one mentioned that they felt the 70's sounded too "deep", and so I went for the 60's. I admit that the 70's sound is more "full bodied" than the 60's, but again this may a matter of becoming acclimated to the change in timbre. (Some like to use terms like "warm" but I'm not quite sure what that is!)

I think the fact that the 70's produce more sound (greater SPL) without becoming shrill, and therefore not causing listener fatigue will be what I appreciate most about them. Also, through all this the Denon AVR was just slightly warm, which had been a possible concern of moving to the 70's, but there was no more heat than with the 60's. Of course, we have yet to really give the "new" system a real workout... maybe U-571?

At least now I no longer will be asking myself, should I have bought the 70's instead? If I do end up second guessing, I still have the 60's and can sell whatever I end up not using. So you guys who have been asking yourselves the same question, the answer is still "maybe".

Old 04-01-2011, 11:24 AM

my 70's have really come alive over the last month. I think i probably have 70-80 hours on them now and they really sound much better than new.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So far I've only had one evening with my new 70's. They appear physically much larger then I expected just a few inches difference would make, but the series II towers are certainly more attractive than the originals. After getting them unpacked and hooked up, the first thing I listened to was a venerable favorite, Jean Michel Jarre's Equinoxe, followed by some light classical while I straightened up the house and took a shower. I found that I could easily hear the music in our attached garage as well as in the bathroom upstairs. This is something I've missed since selling my vintage eighteen driver A/R's. Quite simply, the 70's don't seem to work so hard, and can more easily fill the house with sound without being driven to harshness.

At this point I had not yet re-run Audyssey and was still using the settings from the M60's, but everything sounded just fine. After the shower I put on the original Blue Man Group DVD to help loosen up the surrounds a bit... of course, with the twin Klipsch subs still handling most of the bass. At this point I still had Monitor 50's in place as surrounds, but decided to "go for it" and put the 60's, which had been my fronts in their places. Those 50's look so tiny compared to the 70's!

So with everything in their final location I re-ran Audyssey, which reset all but the rears speakers to full range. I listened to I think it was Adiemus with the settings that way, then decided to revert back to Small but dropped the crossover to 60Hz, so those mid-bass drivers in the bottom of the 70's will have a little work to do. I'm not sure where the upper and lower drivers crossover internally, but I expect the front soundstage to sound better now that the mains 2.6KHz tweeter crossover matches that of the CS2 center.

Since I was alone for the evening I watched the Barb Wire B/R I'd picked up last month (lots of explosions!) and ended the evening with Dark Side of the Moon on SACD. The movie sounded fine, but I think in some ways the 60's may have been more articulate. Now I realize that the 70's will improve with age as they loosen up (regardless of what anyone says). But I could tell that while the new 70's did a better job with male voices, the female voice sounds deeper and more mellow. The 60's never were shrill, but I feel did a better job in the upper midrange. Of course, much of this is merely "listening habit" and I will eventually become more accustomed to the sound of the 70's. Previously I had been accustomed to the multiple hemispherical domes of my A/R's and after thirty years I'm still coming to grips with the concept of using cones for midrange drivers.

I think it was during the song "Money" on Dark Side that I could tell the greatest difference between the 70's and the 60's which were still hooked up. The "ching" of the money (which was accomplished by dumping coins into a giant stainless steel skillet) sounded thin, more like bottle caps (anybody remember bottle caps?) rather than coins. I'll have to revisit this later on after the 70's and I have become more accustomed to each other.

I remember early on reading reviews of the 60's and 70's, and more then one mentioned that they felt the 70's sounded too "deep", and so I went for the 60's. I admit that the 70's sound is more "full bodied" than the 60's, but again this may a matter of becoming acclimated to the change in timbre. (Some like to use terms like "warm" but I'm not quite sure what that is!)

I think the fact that the 70's produce more sound (greater SPL) without becoming shrill, and therefore not causing listener fatigue will be what I appreciate most about them. Also, through all this the Denon AVR was just slightly warm, which had been a possible concern of moving to the 70's, but there was no more heat than with the 60's. Of course, we have yet to really give the "new" system a real workout... maybe U-571?

At least now I no longer will be asking myself, should I have bought the 70's instead? If I do end up second guessing, I still have the 60's and can sell whatever I end up not using. So you guys who have been asking yourselves the same question, the answer is still "maybe".

Your brain will become more receptive to speaker break in than the physical changes the speakers will go through over time. Break in does occur, but, I think it's equal parts speaker and human. You're going to hear differences, some you'll appreciate more as time goes by. Also, you're going miss somethings the 60s might do better. I'd experiment with cutting them lower (40hz) or even run large. Establish a preference over time. Also, the 70s are supposed to be a very respectable 2 channel speaker w/o sub(s), give both the 60s and 70s a shot in that configuration.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, I know some experimentation is in order, including possibly running both the 70 mains and 60 surrounds as Large (I suspect the 60's roll off around 50Hz). I'm concerned though if that might tax the AVR, at least in the case of some movies. I want to avoid having to resort to different configurations for music and HT. Time will tell... after all, I'm just getting started.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:

Yes, I know some experimentation is in order, including possibly running both the 70 mains and 60 surrounds as Large (I suspect the 60's roll off around 50Hz). I'm concerned though if that might tax the AVR, at least in the case of some movies. I want to avoid having to resort to different configurations for music and HT. Time will tell... after all, I'm just getting started.

i think it would be pretty difficult to tax an AVR w/ the M70's... they're pretty efficient speakers.

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su