Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 427 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #12781 of 40645 Old 02-28-2012, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Just play 'em. They'll break in over time. No specific volume or usage.

I do mine with audessey calibration. When I had my CS2 and M70's, occasionally I'd bump up the center manually. My RTi's and CSiA blend perfectly.

You can see what auto sets them at and see how it sounds to you. You can always change it around to see what sounds best. Average I think is between 60hz-80hz. Mine were always set to 40hz.

I just alway go with HDMI. When I had my cable box, I ran HDMI from the box to the receiver and hit TV on my receiver's remote. Your Sony might be a bit different from my Onkyo.

I had an 8" energy sub, and although it was better than my larger Onkyo sub, I wasn't that impressed with it. I've heard really good things about the Bic F12 and was considering it for some time until I decided to go big (Epik Empire). Which reminds me, why don't you check out the Epik Legend?
http://www.epiksubwoofers.com/legend.html For 50. more, you're getting a lot more sub. I couldn't begin to tell you how impressed I've been with my Epik.

I did a TON of research, bang for buck, feature for feature, with the budget I had to work with, the Onk 807 won hands down. It's been a great receiver. If I ever upgrade it, it would be another (larger) Onk or an Integra. You can get the Onkyo 809 for a great price here and there. It's got all the bells and whistles, good strong hitting power and all the features you mentioned and then some.

Thanks again,

regarding break-in new speakers. Should I run calibration after break in period (100 hrs or so). I think I read in energy forum, don't setup speaker before break in period or something.

I was checking forum and came to this link.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...setup+mistakes

"Setting HDMI Audio Out=ON
This one is very common and it causes a lot of problems. Symptoms include not being able to receive any signal format other than 2 channel PCM, getting video but no audio from HDMI sources, and your receiver always being muted when you first turn it on. Always set HDMI Audio Out=OFF unless you want to use your television's speakers"

I have Dish network receiver and SONY bluray. I haven't checked both if the HDMI Audio out setting is there. Does this mean HDMI should be set to Video only and use Optical out for audio from Bluray and receiver.

Does onkyo have Audessey MultiEq built in? I was looking at this receiver.
http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR515...0487149&sr=8-1

I will look at Epik sub.

Quote:

Right now, 10g and mostly 12g. I've used 14g all around and had great results.

I have 14 guage RCA clear wired right now. Run is around 10ft from receiver for all speakers. I was thinking of going to 16 G white CL2 wire from monoprice. Will it decrease quality by downgrading wire thickness? Came across this link http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm#wiretable

btw notice your signature you are from Tacoma. I'm in Bellevue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12782 of 40645 Old 02-28-2012, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 149
14Ga is fine, especially as your runs are only 10 ft.
Longer runs (20+ft) and/or low impedance speakers may justify going to 12Ga.

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 4520 & Emo XPA-5, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's. Family room: RtiA3's & Rti4 surrounds, Csi3, Klipsch SW-450, Yamaha 565... Bedroom: Lsi9's on an Onkyo TX-8050
post #12783 of 40645 Old 02-28-2012, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHT View Post

Thanks again,

regarding break-in new speakers. Should I run calibration after break in period (100 hrs or so). I think I read in energy forum, don't setup speaker before break in period or something.

This one is very common and it causes a lot of problems. Symptoms include not being able to receive any signal format other than 2 channel PCM, getting video but no audio from HDMI sources, and your receiver always being muted when you first turn it on. Always set HDMI Audio Out=OFF unless you want to use your television's speakers"

I have Dish network receiver and SONY bluray. I haven't checked both if the HDMI Audio out setting is there. Does this mean HDMI should be set to Video only and use Optical out for audio from Bluray and receiver.

I will look at Epik sub.

I have 14 guage RCA clear wired right now. Run is around 10ft from receiver for all speakers. I was thinking of going to 16 G white CL2 wire from monoprice. Will it decrease quality by downgrading wire thickness? Came across this link http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm#wiretable

btw notice your signature you are from Tacoma. I'm in Bellevue

I would go ahead and calibrate your speakers. They're going to break in no matter what, and best to have them properly calibrated while they break in.

I'm not familiar with Dish network, like I say, I just utilize all the HDMI "in" on the back of my receiver and use one HDMI "out" to the TV.

Most Onkyo receivers if not all have the MultiQ Audessey, the upper end like the 5008 and 5009 have the X32 or something like that for dual sub calibration.

I'm glad you're looking into the Epik sub, you might be impressed.

If you've got 14g right now, I'd stick with that instead of dropping to 16. I was using RCA 14g I picked up from Lowes by the 100ft roll and it was fine. I upgraded to Monoprice 12/4 so I could semi bi-wire my speakers.

Since you're in Bellevue, you're just a hop/skip and a jump away. Come on down here on a weekend if you're not working and you can check out my set up and especially take a close look at the Epik, I'll give you a "tour" of this things capabilities but I warn you, it will spoil you to anything less, this beast can bring down a neighborhood.

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat

Set up:
Integra 70.4--Oppo 103--LG50"Plasma--Emotiva: XPA-3, XPA-2 x 2--PolkAudio: RTiA9 x 4--CSiA6--FXiA6 x 4--Epik: Empire x 2--XBOX 360--Furez 10awg homemade cables
post #12784 of 40645 Old 02-28-2012, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanpog View Post

Hi just curious as to what gauge speaker wire u guys use? Looking to order a spool from monoprice. Longest run for the rear would be around (perhaps under) 50ft.

Thanks!

I run 12 or 14 gauge. All my cables and wires come from monoprice.

I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!
post #12785 of 40645 Old 02-29-2012, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
50 feet is pretty long and you should use 12 gauge for that.
post #12786 of 40645 Old 02-29-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm looking at a set of used RTi38 speakers. Does anyone know during what years these were produced? The owner does not know how old his speakers are.

Assuming they're in decent shape, what are they worth?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're real." - Abraham Lincoln

post #12787 of 40645 Old 02-29-2012, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ordered this on newegg..Feedback on below setup?

Monitor40 series II for front
Monitor30 Series II for Surround
CS2 Series II
PSW10
Total: $429

These will be paired with STR-DN1000 Sony recv. which I already have.

I think I made bad choice on sub. I was looking for PSW12 and it was unavailable on newegg.

Another consideration, I don't know when you're receiving your order, but in addition to my sub, your welcome to come down and give the monitors a listen. I don't have my CS2 or M30's plugged in, but I can easily install my 30's and CS2 and move the 40's to mains and give you listen.

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat

Set up:
Integra 70.4--Oppo 103--LG50"Plasma--Emotiva: XPA-3, XPA-2 x 2--PolkAudio: RTiA9 x 4--CSiA6--FXiA6 x 4--Epik: Empire x 2--XBOX 360--Furez 10awg homemade cables
post #12788 of 40645 Old 02-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Hey Polkies!

I was looking at the Denon receivers and noticed the 1712 has 90W per channel compared to the 75W Per of the 1612, would you guys think it will be noticeable with a 3.1 setup of Monitor 60/CS2?

My uncle is looking for a stand for his Mits 82740, i told him to keep in mind adding a center channel later on (i was planning on recommending a Polk setup) but he said he's going to get a soundbar Safe to say a pair of Monitor 30 or 50s would be better than any budget soundbar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Gator View Post

I'd like to kill the first feng-shui A$$HAT that did this on whatever HGTV show they got on. There are MANY reasons that's a terrible place to put a TV, and you've just mentioned one of them.

YOu see it on all those DIY shows, awkward positions, it's like "Where are they going to put the components? They will have their heads tilted up the whole time unless they stand up and the couch isn't even centered on the tv wth?" oh well whatever...

post #12789 of 40645 Old 02-29-2012, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcarcas View Post

Hey Polkies! I was looking at the Denon receivers and noticed the 1712 has 90W per channel compared to the 75W Per of the 1612, would you guys think it will be noticeable with a 3.1 setup of Monitor 60/CS2?

You shouldn't have any problem. I use the Denon 790 (2010 version of the 1912) with 90 wpc and had Monitor 60's and CS2 for a year or so before upgrading to the M70's and have always had plenty of headroom. Driving seven channels (7.1) I've never had to turn it up past around -20db and the AVR barely gets a little warm. In fact I chose the Denon over a comparable Onkyo because I noticed how hot the Onk ran under the same load. Not sure if 75 wpc would do as well... much depends on what you listen to.

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 4520 & Emo XPA-5, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's. Family room: RtiA3's & Rti4 surrounds, Csi3, Klipsch SW-450, Yamaha 565... Bedroom: Lsi9's on an Onkyo TX-8050
post #12790 of 40645 Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, the extra 15watts is the way to go! Robs right, most if not all Onkyo's run hot. My 807 puts out 135 with 2 channels driven and used to get plenty hot. I added one of these and my hot/warm issues are a thing of the past.
http://www.buyextras.com/evavcoblfanf.html

Set up:
post #12791 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 07:11 AM

Liked: 10
No one on here has experience with the LCi RTS in walls

post #12792 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Yes, the extra 15watts is the way to go! Robs right, most if not all Onkyo's run hot. My 807 puts out 135 with 2 channels driven and used to get plenty hot. I added one of these and my hot/warm issues are a thing of the past.
http://www.buyextras.com/evavcoblfanf.html

Does it make much noise?
post #12793 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, fellow Polkies!

I'm new here in the speaker forums - although perhaps I should have visited here earlier.

Here is my current audio setup and I have a couple general questions which follow:

Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR709 (have had for two weeks)
Current Fronts: Sony SS-TL3 speakers (have had for 24 years - and recently discovered one of the tweeters is out -- see question below).
Center Channel: Polk CS150
Surround: JAMO C400SUR
Subwoofer: Polk PSW111
TV: Samsung 52" LCD

JUST ordered: Pair of Polk RTi8 tower speakers (for $375/pair, couldn't pass em up).

Now, the old Sony SS-TL3 speakers were quite decent in their day (sold for $500/pair back in '88-'89). They still were sounding quite good - until the tweeter went out. I did a search and original tweeters are no longer available.

QUESTION 1: Can I just go online, find another good quality 1" dome tweeter and pop it in as a replacement?? I hate to throw away decent speakers. I know any replacement I find is not going to have been "selected and tuned" for the cabinets and all that. Also, I know that if screw holes don't match up I need to drill. Thats ok. Obviously, if this would work, I will buy two tweeters to make sure the speakers are the same. I just don't know enough about speakers to know if you can just buy replacement parts and stick em in - or if its more complicated than that.

QUESTION 2: Should I bi-amp the new Polk RTi8's when they arrive and stay with a 5.1 setup (using either the JAMOs or the repaired SS-TL3's), or should I go with a 7.1 setup and use both the JAMO's and the SS-TL3's (or a replacement if they can't be fixed)? I really listen to a 50-50 mix of music/video. It's really easy to bi-amp on the Onkyo tx-nr709, and I have read that these Polk's are helped by it. Other folks say don't bother, and that I would miss the 7.1.

Any help from you officianados would be greatly appreciated. Obviously, I have cobbled together my system as budget has permitted and its by no means an audiofile system (but its getting better!!!).

Thanks again!
Mark
post #12794 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuck1163 View Post

QUESTION 1: Can I just go online, find another good quality 1" dome tweeter and pop it in as a replacement?? I hate to throw away decent speakers. I know any replacement I find is not going to have been "selected and tuned" for the cabinets and all that. Also, I know that if screw holes don't match up I need to drill. Thats ok. Obviously, if this would work, I will buy two tweeters to make sure the speakers are the same. I just don't know enough about speakers to know if you can just buy replacement parts and stick em in - or if its more complicated than that.

Pull out one of the original tweeters and see if you can find its specs listed on the back... things like impedance, sensitivity, and power handling. Make sure these parameters match the parameters of whatever new tweeters you're looking at. The new tweeters will probably not sound the same as the old ones and may change the characteristics of the speakers even if these specs are the same, but as long as you're OK with it, I don't see a big issue.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're real." - Abraham Lincoln

post #12795 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

I had to make a similar decision a couple years ago. On speakers that old the materials begin to deteriorate. I had some high end AR's which would now be 40 years old... contacted someone who specialized in that product line to find out how much it would cost for new surrounds on the woofers etc. Turns out they still had a high market value and I sold them to him and invested in some Polks. Only problem is I didn't go high enough on the Polks, and I now have several Polk Monitors that I've already outgrown (but still have less invested in Polks than I got for the old AR's).

Pete is correct that even if you can find a comparable tweeter, your Sony's will not sound the same. And based on the deterioration I mentioned, it's only a matter of time before you begin to have other issues with speakers that old.

post #12796 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7874 View Post

Pull out one of the original tweeters and see if you can find its specs listed on the back... things like impedance, sensitivity, and power handling. Make sure these parameters match the parameters of whatever new tweeters you're looking at. The new tweeters will probably not sound the same as the old ones and may change the characteristics of the speakers even if these specs are the same, but as long as you're OK with it, I don't see a big issue.

Yeah or maybe replace tweeters in both so they match. What are u gonna use these for? I assume the rti8's are going up front when u get em? btw I have the 8's and love em so much I went with the rti series all around! Have fun.

Btw parts express is a great place for speaker parts.
post #12797 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:

Pretty sure that is referring to receiver audio out. My Dish 922 does not have that option anyway. Nor do my blu-ray players.

Quote:

Clicked your link and scrolled to the bottom where the Onkyo comparisons are. That receiver does have the Audyssey MultiEq. I just ran that on my 709. Impressive.

My speakers are TSi400 mains, CS10 center and RTi A1 rears with a PSW125 12" sub.

Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.
post #12798 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
You should really, really try to source the original tweeter. The crossover network is designed for the T/S parameters of the originals and dropping in new ones will dramatically change the speaker characteristics and sound.
post #12799 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post

You should really, really try to source the original tweeter. The crossover network is designed for the T/S parameters of the originals and dropping in new ones will dramatically change the speaker characteristics and sound.

Ok. I just worked with Searspartsdirect.com and they located the Sony replacement tweeter. It's on the way, supposedly. Will believe it when I see it.

Any thoughts on the other question? I really thought Polk folks would attack that one first. Should I bi-amp the Polk Rti8's I have coming - or stick to 7.1?
post #12800 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:

Another consideration, I don't know when you're receiving your order, but in addition to my sub, your welcome to come down and give the monitors a listen. I don't have my CS2 or M30's plugged in, but I can easily install my 30's and CS2 and move the 40's to mains and give you listen.

Thanks Geoff for the offer, I will try and let you know in advance. it's pretty hectic right now. Btw speaker are being delivered today.

I need to clean up my setup and will probably go with White 16G wire also. I'm in between should I make my own cables with jacket and stuff (like you have) or just use banana plug at the end of it.

I don't have sub right now and still need to buy banana plugs for the cables also. I cancelled the original order with PSW10 and just ordered the speakers.

Btw epik sub is expensive. I was thinking of energy S10.3 if I can get it for $199

Quote:
Originally Posted by myron243 View Post

Pretty sure that is referring to receiver audio out. My Dish 922 does not have that option anyway. Nor do my blu-ray players.

Clicked your link and scrolled to the bottom where the Onkyo comparisons are. That receiver does have the Audyssey MultiEq. I just ran that on my 709. Impressive.

My speakers are TSi400 mains, CS10 center and RTi A1 rears with a PSW125 12" sub.

NR-616/515 have only 2Q. I was told MultiEQ or MultiEQ XT is better than 2Q

http://www.audyssey.com/audio-techno...lteq-solutions
post #12801 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:

Thanks Geoff for the offer, I will try and let you know in advance. it's pretty hectic right now. Btw speaker are being delivered today.

I need to clean up my setup and will probably go with White 16G wire also. I'm in between should I make my own cables with jacket and stuff (like you have) or just use banana plug at the end of it.

I don't have sub right now and still need to buy banana plugs for the cables also. I cancelled the original order with PSW10 and just ordered the speakers.

Btw epik sub is expensive. I was thinking of energy S10.3 if I can get it for $199

Bic acoustech pl-200 for the sub all the way! :-) I LOVE mine! ..... Till I move up to an epik empire:-)
post #12802 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post

Does it make much noise?

It's a six speed, speeds 1-3 aren't very noticeable, 4-6 are.

Quote:

When ever is good for you + I'll have two weeks of vacation and just hanging around the house in the middle of this month.

For wire management, it's what ever you want out of it. I just had my plain bare wire while I was using my 14g, when I did my upgrade to the 12g, I wanted it to be finished off and looking fairly nice, pseudo high end at a DIY low cost.

The S10 looks pretty nice, a front firing driver and down firing port, and at 200 RMS with a peak of 800, it doesn't appear to be a slouch and if you can nab it for the price you're hoping for then it's a score.

Set up:
post #12803 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuck1163 View Post

Any thoughts on the other question? Should I bi-amp the Polk Rti8's I have coming - or stick to 7.1?

Don't bi-amp right off the bat. Get your 7.1 up and running and see how you like it. You can always bi-amp later. BTW I'm running RTi8's as surrounds right now, RTi10's are on the way. And good luck with the replacement tweeter. Sears usually does a good job of finding parts if anyone can.

post #12804 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:

You are correct. I stand corrected, thanks.

Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.
post #12805 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:

It's a six speed, speeds 1-3 aren't very noticeable, 4-6 are.

When ever is good for you + I'll have two weeks of vacation and just hanging around the house in the middle of this month.

For wire management, it's what ever you want out of it. I just had my plain bare wire while I was using my 14g, when I did my upgrade to the 12g, I wanted it to be finished off and looking fairly nice, pseudo high end at a DIY low cost.

The S10 looks pretty nice, a front firing driver and down firing port, and at 200 RMS with a peak of 800, it doesn't appear to be a slouch and if you can nab it for the price you're hoping for then it's a score.

Hey Geoff, Just to let you know I got the speakers delivered today. These are awesome speakers (in finish) and very heavy.

Now I need to find decent sub and receiver.

What you think STR-DN1000 should go for on craigslist?

I sold some old stuff on CL today for $400 bucks and thinking of putting STR-DN1000 + BDV-E300 (Sony system which is brand new) on CL so that I can get decent receiver out of that
post #12806 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLee View Post

Don't bi-amp right off the bat. Get your 7.1 up and running and see how you like it. You can always bi-amp later. BTW I'm running RTi8's as surrounds right now, RTi10's are on the way. And good luck with the replacement tweeter. Sears usually does a good job of finding parts if anyone can.

Hey Rob, congrats on your new speakers. Be sure to let me know how the 10's work out.

Quote:

Hey Geoff, Just to let you know I got the speakers delivered today. These are awesome speakers (in finish) and very heavy.

Now I need to find decent sub and receiver.

What you think STR-DN1000 should go for on craigslist?

I sold some old stuff on CL today for $400 bucks and thinking of putting STR-DN1000 + BDV-E300 (Sony system which is brand new) on CL so that I can get decent receiver out of that

That's great! Which finish did you get, cherry or black? Big and heavy for sure, that center's a beast, wait til you see the A6, makes the CS2 look rather small

I tried doing a search for the 1000 on Sony and only found the 100, so I couldn't give you an accurate target sale price.

Set up:
post #12807 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 PM

I finally have my HT setup. I have 70s as my front speakers, CS2 as center channel and 60s as surrounds. As you can see in the attached pictures, I built a TV riser as the CS2 is too big, I think it came out decent. I also built two 2.5ft metal stands for the surrounds, I have used Velcro so that the speaker don't slide. My question is, are the stands too tall? I have done some research and thought that the surrounds should be 2 ft above the front. The stands are 2.5ft tall as the 70s are .5ft taller than 60's.
LL
LL
post #12808 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:

Hey Rob, congrats on your new speakers. Be sure to let me know how the 10's work out.

That's great! Which finish did you get, cherry or black? Big and heavy for sure, that center's a beast, wait til you see the A6, makes the CS2 look rather small

I tried doing a search for the 1000 on Sony and only found the 100, so I couldn't give you an accurate target sale price.

I got cherry finish.

Here is the link to STR-DN1000 on amazon. Sells for $340.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-STR-DN100.../dp/B001TP4RRC
post #12809 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksparrow1020 View Post

I finally have my HT setup. I have 70s as my front speakers, CS2 as center channel and 60s as surrounds. As you can see in the attached pictures, I built a TV riser as the CS2 is too big, I think it came out decent. I also built two 2.5ft metal stands for the surrounds, I have used Velcro so that the speaker don't slide. My question is, are the stands too tall? I have done some research and thought that the surrounds should be 2 ft above the front. The stands are 2.5ft tall as the 70s are .5ft taller than 60's.

Very nice. The job you did on the riser and what I can see of the M60 stands are done professionally. Good work!

For the surround height, everyone settles on something they like. You're using towers instead of "surround" or bookshelves, so placement will be unorthodox.

I have used M30's and M40's as surrounds, mounted up high on the wall and elevated with home made stands varying in height.

Right now, I'm using M70's as surrounds and they are on the floor as they stand, about 3' to the side and just slightly behind the sitting area and toed in at an angle that intersects approximately 3' in front of the sitting area. The surround effect has been pretty decent but I'm thinking of moving them further back and steeping the angle some.

So, experimentation with your surround set up will let you decide the sound that is right for you.

Set up:
post #12810 of 40645 Old 03-01-2012, 10:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7874 View Post

I'm looking at a set of used RTi38 speakers. Does anyone know during what years these were produced? The owner does not know how old his speakers are.

Assuming they're in decent shape, what are they worth?

Early 21st century . RTi38s were the rev before the RTi6 and current A3. A larger 6.5" bookie, pretty nice, arguably as good as the later revs, some prefer them. Probably streeted in the $350-400/pr range. Now $100-$150 depending on condition.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti8 High Output Floorstanding Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Polk Audio Csi5 High Performance Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti6 High Performance Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Three Way Vanishing Rt Series In Ceiling Speaker 70 Rt , Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelf Speakers Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor Series Cs1 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio R50 Floorstanding Speakers Each , Polk Audio Surroundbar 4000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Su
Gear in this thread - Psw108 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page