Wharfedale Owners Thread - Page 45 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1321 of 1333 Old 03-10-2015, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Very nice setup. I recently auditioned some speakers in San Francisco but Wharfedales were not available at the 2 stores I visited. I was looking at a slightly lower price range and really liked the Revel F206 which were being driven with Parasound Halo gear.
Looks like Audio Symphony in SF and Soundscape in Santa Rosa carry Wharfedales. Well keep us posted on your impressions of them as get acquainted with them.
Happy listening!

Last edited by Tune_man; 03-10-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1333 Old 03-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Hopefully they'll be here Monday. Can't wait.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #1323 of 1333 Old 03-15-2015, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Diamond 10.CM as LCR

Hey guys,what do you think about using a pair of Diamond 10.CM
centers vertically on 24" stands,with the tweeters pointed in(mirrored front L/R) ?
Also,are the rubber feet on the bottom stick on or screwed?

post #1324 of 1333 Old 03-15-2015, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Hi ya. I'm just wondering if there are any current or passdt owners of the Diamond 9.3 speakers. The model with the 8" woofers. Would like to know how they sound. Goods and the bars.
Looking for a pair of sublime speakers that can still rock some bass.
post #1325 of 1333 Old 03-16-2015, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Considering purchasing either the Diamond 10.1 or new 220 bookshelf speakers. I have some space issues where they will be located and I need to find a suitable speaker that won't need to be 2 feet off the back wall. Prefer something that will still have a spacious image yet can be on stands either a few inches (up to a foot) from the back wall or closer.

Wharfedale has said the new 220 will sound just fine with just an inch or two of space from the back wall to the back of the speaker. But they said the 10.1 needs some room.

Anyone with the 10.1 know how far off the back wall these need to be in order to have a good sound stage? The room is 14 by 12 with a 9 foot high ceiling.

Thanks.
post #1326 of 1333 Old 03-17-2015, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Breaking in the new Wharfedale Jade 7's. I thought, what better way than Joe and Beth in Amsterdam. The guitar, piano, and horns are so detailed. I know this BD frontwards and backwards. I hear things I never did with the Klipsch. I also listened to Joe Bonamassa, The Mavericks, Miranda Lambert, Devo, and had to put in Megan Trainor (Gotta Love That Bass). These things are so musical and sweet. They roll from top to bottom. A lot of deep bass. If this is how good they sound now, I can't wait until they're broken in. The more you drive them the better they sound.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #1327 of 1333 Old 03-21-2015, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Off to a bad start. One of the speakers is not working correctly. Terrible distortion in the bottom woofer. The other one is fine. Swapped the L/R and problem followed, so definitely the speaker. Since the speakers have the same SN, I'm taking they will need to be traded out as a pair.

S~

post #1328 of 1333 Old 03-21-2015, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Sorry to hear about that.

I feel so lucky whenever I hear about people having issues ... and especially with new speakers. I'm still listening to Wharfie Emerald 97s after 13 years with no problems. Mine have matching serials and matching Walnut veneers all around, so yes, if an exchange is in order shortly after purchase, I would certainly want another matching pair. But more likely just a new woofer will be sent out and should fix things, if there is no other culprit.

Good Luck in getting things properly sorted.
post #1329 of 1333 Old 03-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

My dealer is going to call Wharfedale first thing Monday morning.

S~

post #1330 of 1333 Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

Hi, everyone I just got two sets of the 10.1 speakers and I'm planning to use them as fronts and surrounds for my theatre setup with a sub. Can anyone give me their recommendation on the best center between the CS and CM. I could get either one at a great price with only a $50 difference (cdn).

I realize that I can't go wrong with the 10.CM, but is it really worth it??..... considering I will most likely set it to small and have the sub take care of the lows.
Has anyone tried both and could give me some real life opinions between the CS and the CM?

Thanks
post #1331 of 1333 Unread Today, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiocech View Post
Hi, everyone I just got two sets of the 10.1 speakers and I'm planning to use them as fronts and surrounds for my theatre setup with a sub. Can anyone give me their recommendation on the best center between the CS and CM. I could get either one at a great price with only a $50 difference (cdn).

I realize that I can't go wrong with the 10.CM, but is it really worth it??..... considering I will most likely set it to small and have the sub take care of the lows.
Has anyone tried both and could give me some real life opinions between the CS and the CM?

Thanks
For a $50 difference I think you'd be crazy not to go with the 10.CM.

Steam ID: J-Rod0125.
PC Specs: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H, Intel Core i7-4771, Nvidia GTX 970, Samsung 840 Pro SSD, Western Digital Black HDD, Corsair 8GB Ram, SeaSonic SSR-650RM.
HT: Samsung 60F5300B, Wharfedale Diamond 10.4 Fronts, Wharfedale 10.CS Center, Power Sound Audio XS15-SE, Pioneer Elite SC-82.
post #1332 of 1333 Unread Today, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ25 View Post
For a $50 difference I think you'd be crazy not to go with the 10.CM.

Thanks, the cost is not really the issue, it's the size. It will definitely stick out with my wall mounted plasma and smaller 10.1 fronts. I just want to know how good the 10.CS sounds in comparison.

I am currently testing not having center at all, I've read a lot of articles lately on removing the center and it is actually quite impressive. My receiver mixes the center channel to the fronts very well so I don't want to stick in a center that will overpower the rest of my system.
post #1333 of 1333 Unread Today, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiocech View Post
Thanks, the cost is not really the issue, it's the size. It will definitely stick out with my wall mounted plasma and smaller 10.1 fronts. I just want to know how good the 10.CS sounds in comparison.

I am currently testing not having center at all, I've read a lot of articles lately on removing the center and it is actually quite impressive. My receiver mixes the center channel to the fronts very well so I don't want to stick in a center that will overpower the rest of my system.
The 10.CM is rather big, so if you are worried about it sticking out then it may not be the right choice for you. I personally own the 10.CS and I feel that it has no problems keeping pace with my 10.4s.

Steam ID: J-Rod0125.
PC Specs: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H, Intel Core i7-4771, Nvidia GTX 970, Samsung 840 Pro SSD, Western Digital Black HDD, Corsair 8GB Ram, SeaSonic SSR-650RM.
HT: Samsung 60F5300B, Wharfedale Diamond 10.4 Fronts, Wharfedale 10.CS Center, Power Sound Audio XS15-SE, Pioneer Elite SC-82.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Sp870 Sp870 , Wharfedale Opus 2 3 Speaker Pair Piano Finish
Gear in this thread - Sp870 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page