Wharfedale Owners Thread - Page 52 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

post #1531 of 1536 Old 06-17-2016, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
No harm in trying, though bi-amping is widely dismissed around here.

Hope you didn't overspend on the speaker cable; you can get generic 16 gauge cable from Amazon for about $7 for 50ft or $11 for 100ft, it makes zero difference.

Nah, i spent about 90GBP on 20 meters of 4mm cable ( for me and my brothers ). I checked prices of other cables and it's amazing that what i paid for 20 meters, i would pay the same amount for ... 2 x 2m of cable of more "well known" brands and with less section ( 1.5mm )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1536 Old 06-17-2016, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1492 Post(s)
Liked: 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Sombreireiro View Post
Nah, i spent about 90GBP on 20 meters of 4mm cable ( for me and my brothers ). I checked prices of other cables and it's amazing that what i paid for 20 meters, i would pay the same amount for ... 2 x 2m of cable of more "well known" brands and with less section ( 1.5mm )
yep, beware the "audiophile cables" snake oil scams.

Read #1 from the article:
http://www.biline.ca/audio_critic/ma...ritic_26_r.pdf

~ HT ain't rocket science. Most just want clear dialogue out of the center (70-80% of output), boom-boom from the sub, enough detail/dynamics from the front L/R...maybe $100-300 per speaker, $30-$60 per surround. There is a vocal minority that derives great pride & pleasure from blowing far more $$$ for perhaps an extra 5-10% improvement...well, this is good for the economy. Figure out which camp you are in, and proceed accordingly. ;)
post #1533 of 1536 Old 06-17-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
yep, beware the "audiophile cables" snake oil scams.

Read #1 from the article:
http://www.biline.ca/audio_critic/ma...ritic_26_r.pdf
That i know ... that's why before i bought the Van Damme Hifi cable i searched what was the overall opinion of users that had this cable.

Since users really liked this cable and since i knew i would not spend some astronomic cash on cables that i still think it's worthless in many cases ( we just need to understand how electrons behave and what type of cable we're buying ) it was a easy decision all and all the cable cost me around 5 euros a meter ( give it or take it )
Zorba922 likes this.
post #1534 of 1536 Old 06-18-2016, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Sombreireiro View Post
Zorba, thanks for the reply.

After talking with my brothers ( he too was in search for some speakers ), i decided to take the plug on new Diamond 240's and already got my Sony DN1070 , still need to connect everything, but i'm waiting for the speakers cable ( btw, got some van damme hifi's ) to arrive. The 10.6's and the Sony DN550 is going to my brother's.

One quick question, do you guys think the 240's will gain with bi-amping? I'm eager to try it ... i know that 2.5 / 3 ways usually have better results with bi-amping then the two ways, but i'm kind of tossed between bi-amping or just leave it.
Looking forward to hearing how the Diamond 240's sound & work out for you.
post #1535 of 1536 Old 06-18-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbefound View Post
Looking forward to hearing how the Diamond 240's sound & work out for you.
Next week i'll post my results. I just went to the store to pick them up ... and damn ... the boxes are huge ... i almost had to leave one behind
post #1536 of 1536 Old 07-03-2016, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm interested in Jade 3 bookshelf speakers and a Jade C2 Center speaker. I found the bookshelf speakers with a cherry finish on musicdirect, but they only had the center in piano black. Are there any other U.S. distributors of Wharfedale speakers where I may be able to find a Jade C2 with cherry finish?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Sp870 Sp870 , Wharfedale Opus 2 3 Speaker Pair Piano Finish
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page