**Official RBH Owner's Thread** - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

post #751 of 778 Old 08-07-2017, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcuniff View Post
Thanks so much for the reply, Dsrussell! I undertand that the best bang for your buck system is entirely subjective but am hoping to just create a fuller soundstage than what I currently have (all while being on a budget). If you have any recommendations on other brands that I might venture to check out please just say the word (ELAC, , Q acoustics, SVS, Chane....).

So if the r56ci is designed to be the center for the r55ti towers, does that mean they would be a bad choice (sound bad) for the bookshelves? Is there a center that is specifically designed to go with them that I've overlooked?

As far as price goes, I have actually found a r56ci for less than a pair of bookshelves so thought I was doing OK but I may be barking up the wrong tree with this center entirely.

I hear you about the subwoofer. I was hoping to take an old 13 inch JBL that I had in the back of my car about 5 years ago and audition it for home theater - I'm not even sure if this will work to be honest. Other than that I still have my sub from my energy 5.1 setup but am pretty sure that won't provide enough oomf to round out the system (also taking suggestions on best boom for the buck in this department if you have em!)

Thanks again for all the great info. I'd be so completely lost without these forums!!!

Hope you have a great day!
The 56ci wouldn't sound "bad" as your center it just isn't the exact same speaker which is considered a compromise. Three R5bi's are ideal in a small space. However, If you have a large space, you may be better served by the big (Seriously it's HUGE compared to what you have now.) 56Ci.

Since the center speaker carries the load when watching movies, I would rather have the compromise in a large space. I have a medium sized room and a open floor plan and have used both as the center and they sound very similar, but all that extra cabinet space & drivers counts at higher volumes. But again, if it's a small room with a door, stick with the R5bi's across the front.

Best bang for the buck sub is use your little energy and hold out for used SVS or HSU or the like on Craigslist.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 778 Old 08-07-2017, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2261 Post(s)
Liked: 3094
Quote:
Thanks so much for the reply, Dsrussell! I undertand that the best bang for your buck system is entirely subjective but am hoping to just create a fuller soundstage than what I currently have (all while being on a budget). If you have any recommendations on other brands that I might venture to check out please just say the word (ELAC, , Q acoustics, SVS, Chane....).

So if the r56ci is designed to be the center for the r55ti towers, does that mean they would be a bad choice (sound bad) for the bookshelves? Is there a center that is specifically designed to go with them that I've overlooked?

As far as price goes, I have actually found a r56ci for less than a pair of bookshelves so thought I was doing OK but I may be barking up the wrong tree with this center entirely.

I hear you about the subwoofer. I was hoping to take an old 13 inch JBL that I had in the back of my car about 5 years ago and audition it for home theater - I'm not even sure if this will work to be honest. Other than that I still have my sub from my energy 5.1 setup but am pretty sure that won't provide enough oomf to round out the system (also taking suggestions on best boom for the buck in this department if you have em!)

Thanks again for all the great info. I'd be so completely lost without these forums!!!

Hope you have a great day!
Since this system will mostly be used for home theater use, a good subwoofer is a requirement and not a luxury. Personally, I’d save money on the front stage speakers (LRC), use your speakers from your Energy Take system for your surrounds to save more money, and get the best subwoofer you can afford. One can always replace the Energy Take speakers in the future, if you so desire. Just remember, selecting the proper sized subwoofer is dependent upon room volume and how open your floor plan is. The bigger the volume, the bigger and more powerful the subwoofer needs to be.

As far as the other brands that you mentioned, all but the ELAC have gotten rave reviews here and elsewhere. Out of that group, I’ve only auditioned the pre-released version of the ELAC B5, so cannot make personal comments on any of those speakers.

Would the R56Ci be a bad choice? No, but it wouldn’t be my first choice, unless you planned to purchase the towers. The R5Ci center channel was discontinued by RBH. Most felt that the R5Bi served as an excellent center channel, even when turned on its side (that’s the way I have it) and was cheaper.

No matter which speaker you decide to get, they all have very positive aspects to them, but none of them are perfect at all frequencies. But one isn’t looking for perfection at that price. But I doubt you could go wrong with any of the selections you’ve listed.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #753 of 778 Old 08-07-2017, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You guys are GREAT!

Thanks so much for all the wonderful advice.

Ok, so the rbh center is out and I'll consider either another bookshelf (or I think I've seen that there's a BIC that Zorba loves).

Thank you for hitting home that the focus should really be on a solid subwoofer. I will now change my search to take that direction (also open to recommendations on where to look aside from svs and hsu - which seem to be adored by most on these forums) and worry a bit less about the front soundstage.

Sorry for the rookie questions but really, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the guidance on here! Thanks again!

post #754 of 778 Old 08-08-2017, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
You guys are GREAT!

Ok, so the rbh center is out and I'll consider either another bookshelf (or I think I've seen that there's a BIC that Zorba loves).

Thank you for hitting home that the focus should really be on a solid subwoofer. I will now change my search to take that direction (also open to recommendations on where to look aside from svs and hsu - which seem to be adored by most on these forums) and worry a bit less about the front soundstage.

Sorry for the rookie questions but really, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the guidance on here! Thanks again!
Other good subs to consider include the Rythmik LV12R, Emotiva BasX S12 (which I have, it wouldn't hit as deep as SVS or HSU though), Outlaw Ultra X-12 (if it's on sale)

Also, check your private messages!
post #755 of 778 Old 08-25-2017, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvinps2626 View Post
Hey guys my RBH speakers finally arrived here is a look of the SV-831 on top of the SV-1212NR. Very exited. The speakers look way better in person they are massive.
This was posted back in March but I can find nothing since about them. Perhaps the OP is obsessed with them and that's why he's not been back to comment???

I have been looking hard at the GET Tritons but tripped across RBH and their AMT tweeter enhancements so have to investigate these particularly as they have nice finish options (GET has socks and a piano black gloss only on the Reference tower).

Has anyone here auditioned the SV-6500R towers? I would really like to find any comments at all on these, as there appear to be exactly zero reviews online of any of the RBH products with their Aurum Cantus-produced tweeters.
post #756 of 778 Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan View Post
This was posted back in March but I can find nothing since about them. Perhaps the OP is obsessed with them and that's why he's not been back to comment???

I have been looking hard at the GET Tritons but tripped across RBH and their AMT tweeter enhancements so have to investigate these particularly as they have nice finish options (GET has socks and a piano black gloss only on the Reference tower).

Has anyone here auditioned the SV-6500R towers? I would really like to find any comments at all on these, as there appear to be exactly zero reviews online of any of the RBH products with their Aurum Cantus-produced tweeters.

I haven't write any reviews or posted any more comments because my theater room and my apartment still hasn't been finish. It has taking more time than I thought. In my current small room 12x13X9 I can't fit both SV-831 they are big. I'm dying to test them but i know i listen to them I will make them fit in my small room and my kids will either scratch them or damage then so. I prefer to wait and install and listen to them on my finished theater.
All I can comment is their build quality it is amazing the black speaker finish is to die for. It is a very impressive speaker it is quit big in depth I haven't had a more expensive speaker than these ones. I saw the Tritons reference one's but the simple sock speakers cloth that it has I personally don't like it.
I will post on their sound quality once I have everything finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
darrob104 likes this.
post #757 of 778 Old 08-25-2017, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Has anyone here auditioned the SV-6500R towers?
Yes. I have a pair and they are PHENOMENAL to say the least. Accurate and lifelike with a gigantic frequency range.

Here's a real testament to them, however. I auditioned them at a local church. HUGE space with about 30' ceilings. Maybe 100'+ front to back and maybe about 60' wide. These puppies filled up that space effortlessly. Before, the pastor asked if they needed a sub, but once we played them, we were both like "nope!" Plenty of bass for that application. Yes, a home theater will still benefit from a sub, but for 2.0 channel music listening, these speakers are simply divine. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Now to dream on in hopes of getting my hands on their Status Acoustics 8T reference towers. I've heard those and they are bar none the most amazing speaker my ears have ever had the pleasure of being blessed by. Drooling just thinking about them....
darrob104 and musicman777 like this.
post #758 of 778 Old 08-25-2017, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvinps2626 View Post
I haven't write any reviews or posted any more comments because my theater room and my apartment still hasn't been finish
Yikes it seems you jumped the gun a bit having gotten them many months ago! Well thanks for posting anyway--I really don't want to invest quite that much money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky View Post
Yes. I have a pair and they are PHENOMENAL to say the least. Accurate and lifelike with a gigantic frequency range.

Here's a real testament to them, however. I auditioned them at a local church. HUGE space with about 30' ceilings. Maybe 100'+ front to back and maybe about 60' wide. These puppies filled up that space effortlessly. Before, the pastor asked if they needed a sub, but once we played them, we were both like "nope!" Plenty of bass for that application. Yes, a home theater will still benefit from a sub, but for 2.0 channel music listening, these speakers are simply divine. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Now to dream on in hopes of getting my hands on their Status Acoustics 8T reference towers. I've heard those and they are bar none the most amazing speaker my ears have ever had the pleasure of being blessed by. Drooling just thinking about them....
Thank you very much Montucky for posting about your SV-6500R towers. You say you heard them first in a church? And then bought your own pair? They certainly look nice and I remain surprised and amazed at the lack of marketing from RBH.

Maybe you can tell me what you paid--it seems to me a YouTube vid I found from CEDIA suggested they were $4400/pair?

One more: what amp are you using to drive the 6500Rs? I think these are 4 ohms and wondering if my idea to get a Denon AV-7200WA is going to cut it.

Last edited by Laserfan; 08-26-2017 at 07:26 AM.
post #759 of 778 Old 08-25-2017, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
You guys are GREAT!

I have 3 R5Bi as my LCR, and I love them. Really no need to get the big R56Ci if you have bookshelf as your L and R. A solid subwoofer does wonder to the sound of my R5Bi. I have a RBH I-12 sub.
post #760 of 778 Old 08-26-2017, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thank you very much Montucky for posting about your SV-6500R towers. You say you heard them first in a church? And then bought your own pair? They certainly look nice and I remain surprised and amazed at the lack of marketing from RBH.

Maybe you can tell me what you paid--it seems to me a YouTube vid I found from CEDIA suggested they were $4400/pair?

One more: what amp are you using to drive the 6500Rs? I think these are 4 ohms and wondering if my idea to get a Denon AV-7200WA is going to cut it.
Actually it was the other way around. I took MY 6500s to the church to let them hear it in there. They ended up ordering a pair for themselves to replace their old self powered Mackie monitors. Obviously no comparison. Haha.

I believe mine retailed around $4K for the reference models, but that was over a year ago. Absurdly good value for both build and sound quality. I'm powering mine with a Yamaha A-S1100 amp which has proved ample with plenty of headroom to spare. Looking at the specs for your Denon, with 2 channels driven, it should have PLENTY of power for these puppies, especially since it's rated at 150W/channel at 2 channels driven with an 8-ohm load. 190W/channel at 6-ohms. According to Denon's website, it can do up to like 260W/channel and can also safely accommodate 4 ohm loads. Yeah, you'll be fine. That is one powerful receiver!!!
Laserfan likes this.
post #761 of 778 Old 08-26-2017, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Please help!

Quote:
Actually it was the other way around. I took MY 6500s to the church to let them hear it in there. They ended up ordering a pair for themselves to replace their old self powered Mackie monitors. Obviously no comparison. Haha.

I believe mine retailed around $4K for the reference models, but that was over a year ago. Absurdly good value for both build and sound quality. I'm powering mine with a Yamaha A-S1100 amp which has proved ample with plenty of headroom to spare. Looking at the specs for your Denon, with 2 channels driven, it should have PLENTY of power for these puppies, especially since it's rated at 150W/channel at 2 channels driven with an 8-ohm load. 190W/channel at 6-ohms. According to Denon's website, it can do up to like 260W/channel and can also safely accommodate 4 ohm loads. Yeah, you'll be fine. That is one powerful receiver!!!

Montucky, I'll be in the market for towers very soon and I've been eyeing the RBH signature/reference line for months now.
On paper these speakers seem perfect and the very few hands on reviews have been stellar to say the least.
The pictures of the rosewood cabinets look exactly like what I'm looking for.
I also like the idea of someday adding additional speakers from the same
family in the same rosewood finish, (center channel, subwoofer, surrounds).

The problem is, I live in NC and I've had a very hard time finding anyone in my area with the SV-6500 or SV-6500R in rosewood and in stock.
My local city dealer has none. I even contacted RBH directly, but they said the closest dealer to me was over 4 hours away in Georgia.
Thats 4 hours one way, not including the 1-2 hours to audition, plus another 4+ hours back home. 10 hours just to audition some speakers?

Given the price of these speakers, I really need to see and hear what I'm buying before pulling the trigger.
Any advise for someone like me? Anyone? If anyone can advise, I would deeply appreciate.

3 Hometheaters
1 Samsung 65" UHDTV (UN65KS8000)
1 Sony 49" UHDTV (XBR49X800D) For PC display.
6 HDTV's 32" to 60"
1 Desktop PC, 1 XB, 2 XB360, & 1 XB1
2 iTouch, 1 iPad Air, and 80+ total video games

Last edited by NetGod; 08-26-2017 at 03:45 PM.
post #762 of 778 Old 08-27-2017, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetGod View Post
...4 hours one way, not including the 1-2 hours to audition, plus another 4+ hours back home. 10 hours just to audition some speakers?

Given the price of these speakers, I really need to see and hear what I'm buying before pulling the trigger.
Any advise for someone like me? Anyone? If anyone can advise, I would deeply appreciate.
I am in much the same boat as you--AFAICT there are no RBH speakers to be seen or heard in the state of WI.

It does give me pause that a company in business as long as RBH Sound has not established a dealer network. In addition it's disturbing they've inspired ZERO professional reviews of any of their signature/reference products since their announcement (I think January of 2016) or their first CEDIA appearance (a year ago I believe).

What's worse, it seems also their only "dealers", at least anywhere near me, appear to be Home Automation integrators which tend not to have showrooms much less product in stock!?

Last edited by Laserfan; 08-27-2017 at 07:36 AM.
post #763 of 778 Old 08-27-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I am in much the same boat as you--AFAICT there are no RBH speakers to be seen or heard in the state of WI.

It does give me pause that a company in business as long as RBH Sound has not established a dealer network. In addition it's disturbing they've inspired ZERO professional reviews of any of their signature/reference products since their announcement (I think January of 2016) or their first CEDIA appearance (a year ago I believe).

What's worse, it seems also their only "dealers", at least anywhere near me, appear to be Home Automation integrators which tend not to have showrooms much less product in stock!?

To be honest, with the exception of no product to demo, I don't have the same concerns you have. I'm ready to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
But like I said above . . . given the price these speakers command, I MUST see and more importantly hear them for myself before buying.

I'm going to give my local dealer another month or two to come through for me.
But after that, I'll be calling the corporate head-quarters again for help.
At some point, someone is going to get tired of hearing from me and
figure something out.

3 Hometheaters
6 HDTV's 32" to 60"
post #764 of 778 Old 08-27-2017, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
...I live in NC.. I even contacted RBH directly, but they said the closest dealer to me was over 4 hours away in Georgia.
Did they tell you that the GA dealer had them available to audition?

On the one hand if spending $4,000.00+ on speakers is a really big investment, then a few hundred bucks and x hours of time might be small insurance. The other view (probably mine) is that I really don't need to hear them since they are likely to blow me away given I've not listened to speakers newer than 30 years old.

But I do want to know that if there are any problems with them e.g. a blown tweeter or etc. that the company is real and will stand behind them, regardless of whether the dealer does.
post #765 of 778 Old 08-27-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Did they tell you that the GA dealer had them available to audition?

On the one hand if spending $4,000.00+ on speakers is a really big investment, then a few hundred bucks and x hours of time might be small insurance. The other view (probably mine) is that I really don't need to hear them since they are likely to blow me away given I've not listened to speakers newer than 30 years old.

But I do want to know that if there are any problems with them e.g. a blown tweeter or etc. that the company is real and will stand behind them, regardless of whether the dealer does.
Yes, the GA dealer has them (and apparently many others) in stock and ready to audition. (A rare, albeit major RBH dealer?)

For me, this will be just another mile in a very long journey I've already been on.
I've owned many, brand new speakers from Energy, Klipsch Heritage Line, Boston Acoustics, Definitive Technology Bi-polar builds, Martin Logan motion and electrostatic lines, high-end B&Ws, and more.
I trust my ears. My confidence is high.
Hopefully this is the end. I very much want to be done experiencing whats available and settle down with one family.

3 Hometheaters
6 HDTV's 32" to 60"

Last edited by NetGod; 08-27-2017 at 10:47 AM.
post #766 of 778 Old 08-27-2017, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
For me, this will be just another mile in a very long journey I've already been on.
I've owned many, brand new speakers from Energy, Klipsch, Boston Acoustics, Definitive Technology Bi-polar builds, Martin Logan motion and electrostatic lines, high-end B&Ws, and more.
I trust my ears. My confidence is high.
Hopefully this is the end. I very much want to be done experiencing whats available and settle down with one family.
Wow, well I'm surprised at your faith in RBH.

I had a Religious Experience with the ESS Heil AMT-1 loudspeaker back in the 70s. I had Bose 901s at the time and was in a shop where I heard them in another room and had to see what the realistic sound was about. Had to buy them despite having little $.

Today I *need* these tweets and although I know very little about Aurum Cantus it seems they produce world class speakers. So if RBH has partnered with them on their tweeter it seems they might be special.

And the South American Rosewood finish is a big selling point for me also!
post #767 of 778 Old 08-27-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Wow, well I'm surprised at your faith in RBH.

And the South American Rosewood finish is a big selling point for me also!

I've been digging into RBH for a while.
My faith may come from information I've accumulated over time.
Of course, I could always be wrong and they may go out of business tomorrow?

And yes, the pictures I've seen of the rosewood finish are stunning.

3 Hometheaters
6 HDTV's 32" to 60"
post #768 of 778 Old 08-27-2017, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've been digging into RBH for a while.
My faith may come from information I've accumulated over time.
Of course, I could always be wrong and they may go out of business tomorrow?

And yes, the pictures I've seen of the rosewood finish are stunning.

I appreciate your thoughts. It seems to me that if they've managed to stay in business for 40 years, they likely are doing something right. OTOH if they started in 1986 "building brand recognition" then one wonders why they remain relatively unknown thirty years later.

Hopefully the answer is as simple as "they are better at designing & building than at marketing".
post #769 of 778 Old 08-27-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
It seems to me that if they've managed to stay in business for 40 years, they likely are doing something right. OTOH if they started in 1986 "building brand recognition" then one wonders why they remain relatively unknown thirty years later.

Hopefully the answer is as simple as "they are better at designing & building than at marketing".

Agreed!

3 Hometheaters
6 HDTV's 32" to 60"
post #770 of 778 Old 08-29-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:

Montucky, I've heard the Martin Logan motion 60XT, and they blew me away. (Just wasn't blown away by the ML cherry finish.)
Have you, or any other RBH owner, had a chance to auditioned the ML 60XT?
And if you have, how do you think the sound of the RBH SV-6500R compare to the 60XT?

Thanks.

3 Hometheaters
6 HDTV's 32" to 60"

Last edited by NetGod; 08-29-2017 at 02:29 PM.
post #771 of 778 Old 08-29-2017, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That's actually it in a nutshell. They focus their financial efforts on making a darn good product as opposed to purely marketing like Bose does. Fine by me! Seems they spend very little on marketing aside from their catalogs and website. Also, when it comes to product support, they are second to none. Call them up any time with any questions you might have. Great guys there all the way around!

Quote:
Montucky, I've heard the Martin Logan motion 60XT, and they blew me away. (Just wasn't blown away by the ML cherry finish.)
Have you, or any other RBH owner, had a chance to auditioned the ML 60XT?
And if you have, how do you think the sound of the RBH SV-6500R compare to the 60XT?
Unfortunately I have not heard the ML 60XTs. I'm sure they are a great speaker, but I can't make that comparison for you. FWIW, the South American Rosewood finish on the SV series speakers is GORGEOUS! Perhaps you know this already, but the SV series is several steps above their entry Impression speakers. Those are really great all the way around for their price point, but the SV series is on another level. They definitely put some money into making those cabinets. Fabulous fit and finish.

Last edited by Montucky; 08-29-2017 at 04:30 PM.
post #772 of 778 Old 08-29-2017, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 240
RBH's in wall and in ceiling products lend themselves well to distributed audio systems that many control and automation dealers specialize in.

Many custom theater designers use RBH when the customer wants NOT to see the speakers. I've heard many CEDIA demos and all have been outstanding.

Audioholics have done reviews but not the major rags. However many offer free for a year or insane "accommodation" discounts. Not sure RBH plays that tune.

As far as management I find them to be top shelf.
darrob104 likes this.

Mike Miles
post #773 of 778 Old 08-29-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
That's actually it in a nutshell. They focus their financial efforts on making a darn good product as opposed to purely marketing like Bose does. Fine by me! Seems they spend very little on marketing aside from their catalogs and website. Also, when it comes to product support, they are second to none. Call them up any time with any questions you might have. Great guys there all the way around!

FWIW, the South American Rosewood finish on the SV series speakers is GORGEOUS! Perhaps you know this already, but the SV series is several steps above their entry Impression speakers. Those are really great all the way around for their price point, but the SV series is on another level. They definitely put some money into making those cabinets. Fabulous fit and finish.
I have not seen/heard them in person and have had a really hard time finding any near me to audition.
Laserfan has offered some help. Hopefully at some point I'll get to audition these speakers.

3 Hometheaters
6 HDTV's 32" to 60"
post #774 of 778 Old 08-30-2017, 04:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I saw the 60XTs at a local shop though I didn't audition them--I decided I want something for my new HT that is more physically attractive (and perhaps imposing) than the MLs and am now becoming obsessed with the RBH Sig Ref stuff in SA Rosewood.

Perhaps the reason the MLs blew you away was the AMT tweets. The Heils impressed me so much as a young man that now I have to have that design again.
post #775 of 778 Old 08-30-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
I saw the 60XTs at a local shop though I didn't audition them--I decided I want something for my new HT that is more physically attractive (and perhaps imposing) than the MLs and am now becoming obsessed with the RBH Sig Ref stuff in SA Rosewood.

Perhaps the reason the MLs blew you away was the AMT tweets. The Heils impressed me so much as a young man that now I have to have that design again.

Laser, even if you don't plan on buying them, you still owe it to yourself to spend a few minutes auditioning a range of speakers.
If nothing else it will make you appreciate more what you end up with.
I very recently went 'back' to audition 5 other speaker brands, some of which are extremely similar to speakers I've owned in the past.

The ML 60XT are simply put, very well rounded speakers. Crystal clear highs (from those ribbon tweeters), solid mid-range and all the low end you might want when it's needed.
They struck me as being perfectly balanced. I'm expecting/hoping for even better performance from the RBH SV6500R towers.

Laserfan likes this.

3 Hometheaters
6 HDTV's 32" to 60"

Last edited by NetGod; 08-30-2017 at 08:00 AM.
post #776 of 778 Old 09-17-2017, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does anyone here have any experience with the RBH SX-88 dual 8" sub? Looking for a sub to pair with a pair of RBH SX-61 bookshelf speakers, and am wondering how this sub sounds...

Thanks in advance....
post #777 of 778 Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrob104 View Post
Does anyone here have any experience with the RBH SX-88 dual 8" sub? Looking for a sub to pair with a pair of RBH SX-61 bookshelf speakers, and am wondering how this sub sounds...

Thanks in advance....
You must know that these were discontinued Dec 2016? Or maybe you know another source to purchase one new?
post #778 of 778 Old Yesterday, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
You must know that these were discontinued Dec 2016? Or maybe you know another source to purchase one new?
Yes... I have access to purchasing one, but not able to hear it first...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page