Mirage Speakers - Page 226 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6751 of 6756 Old 08-21-2014, 08:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Noman74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonedcl View Post
This discussion does not mean anything if you can not get the speaker..
You say woot will have them but who knows how true that is..
Btw how much bigger then the c1 is it , double the size?
OMD C2
Width: 25 in
Depth : 14.8 in
Height: 9.9 in
Weight: 32 lbs

OMD C1
Width: 19.1 in
Depth : 6.8 in
Height: 8 in
Weight: 15 lbs

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences."Robert Green Ingersoll

Noman74656's Martycube Builds
My Theater
Noman74656 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6752 of 6756 Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Noman74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixdoctor View Post
I would have to find a way to get the C2, like my C1, wall mounted because with kids, stand mounting is not an option. So basically in order to wall mount the C2 you have to put it on a steady shelf above my TV? Has anyone done this?
Could you mount it from the ceiling? How high would it be if it was above the TV? If the TV was against a wall, you could just get some metal brackets from Home Depot and mount it on the wall using those. Could do it upside down as well.

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences."Robert Green Ingersoll

Noman74656's Martycube Builds
My Theater
Noman74656 is offline  
post #6753 of 6756 Old Yesterday, 05:46 AM
Member
 
dr_gallup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It would be very hard to wall or ceiling mount a C2 upside down without drilling & screwing into the cabinet. Mirage did not build in any provision to wall or ceiling mount the C2.
dr_gallup is offline  
post #6754 of 6756 Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM
Senior Member
 
lightbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
On the topic of Mirage center channel speakers, I recently bought a used MC-si. This model from the 1990s has an unusual binding post setup, where an auxiliiary pair of binding posts is used to make some type of alteration to the frequncy response characteristics. (These extra posts are not for bi-wiring.)

The label on the back of the speaker says, "IMPORTANT. Do not connect these upper binding posts to your amplifier or receiver. For use, see 'Fine Tuning' in your owner's manual."

Of course I don't have a copy of the manual, and I can't find one online. Is there anyone here who has a copy of the MC-si manual and can post the text from the Fine Tuning section of the manual? Or maybe even post a PDF of the whole manual?
lightbox is online now  
post #6755 of 6756 Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM
Member
 
morbidcorpse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbox View Post
On the topic of Mirage center channel speakers, I recently bought a used MC-si. This model from the 1990s has an unusual binding post setup, where an auxiliiary pair of binding posts is used to make some type of alteration to the frequncy response characteristics. (These extra posts are not for bi-wiring.)

The label on the back of the speaker says, "IMPORTANT. Do not connect these upper binding posts to your amplifier or receiver. For use, see 'Fine Tuning' in your owner's manual."

Of course I don't have a copy of the manual, and I can't find one online. Is there anyone here who has a copy of the MC-si manual and can post the text from the Fine Tuning section of the manual? Or maybe even post a PDF of the whole manual?
I don't have a copy of the manual, but I used to own this speaker. When having the little metal piece connected to those upper binding posts, my understanding is that it somehow cuts the bass out of the speaker. I found this made my MC-Si sound really tiny and hollow. Hope this helps.

morbidcorpse is offline  
post #6756 of 6756 Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
Senior Member
 
lightbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidcorpse View Post
I don't have a copy of the manual, but I used to own this speaker. When having the little metal piece connected to those upper binding posts, my understanding is that it somehow cuts the bass out of the speaker. I found this made my MC-Si sound really tiny and hollow. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. So in your system, the sound of the MC-si was preferable without the little jumper piece installed?

By the way, the reason I want to understand exactly what the extra binding posts do (rather than just listen by ear and say, "This way sounds better") is that the Denon AVR I'll be using has Audyssey MultEQ XT32 which will be adding its own layer of correction. I want to use the MC-si in whichever mode provides the speaker with its least-doctored sound, then let the AVR handle any correction.
lightbox is online now  
post #6757 of 6756 Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM
Member
 
morbidcorpse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbox View Post
Thanks for your reply. So in your system, the sound of the MC-si was preferable without the little jumper piece installed?

By the way, the reason I want to understand exactly what the extra binding posts do (rather than just listen by ear and say, "This way sounds better") is that the Denon AVR I'll be using has Audyssey MultEQ XT32 which will be adding its own layer of correction. I want to use the MC-si in whichever mode provides the speaker with its least-doctored sound, then let the AVR handle any correction.
That is correct, I preferred the sound of the speaker more with the jumper removed. As I thought about it more, I think the jumper actually cuts out some mid bass frequencies, if I'm remembering correctly? I think removing it would result in a less colored sound, IMO.

morbidcorpse is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off