Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

post #6841 of 6853 Old 12-12-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
All center channels available now. Event ends in 3 days or when sold out!

http://www.woot.com/plus/mirage-home-theater-speakers-8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6842 of 6853 Old 12-12-2014, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYCeT View Post
How's Mirage OMD-5 compared to Mirage Unitheatre for surround?
OMD-5>OS-3>Unitheather
morbidcorpse likes this.
post #6843 of 6853 Old 12-12-2014, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
OMD-5>OS-3>Unitheather
Thanks for the answer. This made my decision to stick with OMD-5 easier.
post #6844 of 6853 Old 12-22-2014, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unless I missed it, it appears from the deadness of this thread that nobody has noticed that woot has the OMD line in stock again, including the C2.

Two more days........
post #6845 of 6853 Old 12-22-2014, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikkster View Post
Unless I missed it, it appears from the deadness of this thread that nobody has noticed that woot has the OMD line in stock again, including the C2.

Two more days........
Probably because we all are enjoying our pairs
post #6846 of 6853 Old 12-22-2014, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiforce View Post
Probably because we all are enjoying our pairs
Yes, many of us are. Was really expecting more feedback on the possible re-release of the Mirage OMD-R's and now the consideration of re-releasing the Prestige S10's.

Would love to hear from some of the current OMD-R owners regarding sound quality and if they would be a dramatic upgrade from the OMD-5's for surrounds. Also feedback on the difference from the Omni S10 and Prestige S10. Specification are one thing, owning an hearing is another....

Don't forget, if you are interested in these being re-released, please send Alan an email so he can show the interest to the powers that be: Alan.Jurgens@klipsch.com
post #6847 of 6853 Old 12-22-2014, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomirage View Post
Yes, many of us are. Was really expecting more feedback on the possible re-release of the Mirage OMD-R's and now the consideration of re-releasing the Prestige S10's.

Would love to hear from some of the current OMD-R owners regarding sound quality and if they would be a dramatic upgrade from the OMD-5's for surrounds. Also feedback on the difference from the Omni S10 and Prestige S10. Specification are one thing, owning an hearing is another....

Don't forget, if you are interested in these being re-released, please send Alan an email so he can show the interest to the powers that be: Alan.Jurgens@klipsch.com
I emailed the guy and within a few days, he responded saying thank you for expressing my desire to see them put back into production and he mentioned he has been hearing from quite a few folks, so that's good. I know some guys over at the Blu-ray.com Mirage thread emailed as well. If you're wanting to know more about the R's and the Prestige S-10, I would encourage you to sift through that forum if you haven't already. A ton of long time owners over there. One member has an all OMD setup, including R's AND four, yes, FOUR Prestige subs. From all accounts, he get's pretty solid bass output running two along the front stage and 2 near field. I'm pretty happy with my PSA sub for now, but I would consider adding a Prestige sub to the Mirage 2-channel system I'm trying to put together. From what all have said about the R's over on the Blu-ray.com mirage forum, they blow the OMD-5's away...and that's saying a lot because the 5's are pretty impressive for what they are.

post #6848 of 6853 Old 12-22-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidcorpse View Post
I emailed the guy and within a few days, he responded saying thank you for expressing my desire to see them put back into production and he mentioned he has been hearing from quite a few folks, so that's good. I know some guys over at the Blu-ray.com Mirage thread emailed as well. If you're wanting to know more about the R's and the Prestige S-10, I would encourage you to sift through that forum if you haven't already. A ton of long time owners over there. One member has an all OMD setup, including R's AND four, yes, FOUR Prestige subs. From all accounts, he get's pretty solid bass output running two along the front stage and 2 near field. I'm pretty happy with my PSA sub for now, but I would consider adding a Prestige sub to the Mirage 2-channel system I'm trying to put together. From what all have said about the R's over on the Blu-ray.com mirage forum, they blow the OMD-5's away...and that's saying a lot because the 5's are pretty impressive for what they are.

Excellent! Thanks for the lead. I will head over there and do some research. From what I have gathered, the desire for the re-release is good. Hope to see them by next summer! Upgrade time!!
post #6849 of 6853 Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, i took the plunge and ordered the 28's the other day. I already have a C2 and 2 5's (along with a Nanosat Prestige 5.1 set up including s10 that i am using for surrounds). I am fully aware that i'll need to get an external amp for the 28's but i am just not sure which option.

Option 1: I was looking to get the emotiva xpa-3 and power the center channel too. 200w/ch at 8ohm - 330w/ch at 4 ohm

Option 2: Get the xpa-2 just for the 28's and continue using the receiver for the center. 300w/ch at 8ohm - 500w/ch at 4 ohm

I have a Marantz sr6008 which is 110 w/ch at 8ohm - 150 w/ch at 6ohm and the c2 sounds fine, but it isn't blowing me away not sure if it is not getting enough power?

I use my system everyday for casual tv watching, ps4/xbox, and movies. I do listen to music on occasion.

Thoughts?

PS: Happy holidays!
post #6850 of 6853 Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisleyjr View Post
Hey guys, i took the plunge and ordered the 28's the other day. I already have a C2 and 2 5's (along with a Nanosat Prestige 5.1 set up including s10 that i am using for surrounds). I am fully aware that i'll need to get an external amp for the 28's but i am just not sure which option.

Option 1: I was looking to get the emotiva xpa-3 and power the center channel too. 200w/ch at 8ohm - 330w/ch at 4 ohm

Option 2: Get the xpa-2 just for the 28's and continue using the receiver for the center. 300w/ch at 8ohm - 500w/ch at 4 ohm

I have a Marantz sr6008 which is 110 w/ch at 8ohm - 150 w/ch at 6ohm and the c2 sounds fine, but it isn't blowing me away not sure if it is not getting enough power?

I use my system everyday for casual tv watching, ps4/xbox, and movies. I do listen to music on occasion.

Thoughts?

I was in a similar situation as you (OMD 28, C2, OMD-15 SR, and OMD-5 FW, FH and SB, and 2 Outlaw EX subs). I was debating between Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-3 to pair with my Denon AVR 4520CI. I finally ordered the XPA-3 last week. I'm very happy with the XPA-3 performance. So, whatever option you decided, you will be happy with the added Emo amp.
post #6851 of 6853 Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jisleyjr View Post

Thoughts?

I used to power my 28's and C2 with an XPA-3. Personally, I was never thrilled with this setup. The XPA-3 was ok for powering the 15's and C2 together, but I found it was woefully inadequate for the 28's/C2 combo. It's just not enough power. When I picked up the XPA-2 and powered the C2 with it's own amp, a UPA-1, that's when all three speakers came alive. I would suggest powering the C2 with it's own amp, like a UPA-1, or pairing it with an XPA-3, powering the center and two smaller, less power consuming speakers like the OMD-5's. Compared to powering the center with an XPA-3, I found the C2, powered by the monoblock, to have more clarity, bass and improved dynamics. It sounds so articulate and phenomenal. I really want to ditch the XPA-2 and go to dual XPA-1's for the 28's.....someday, I hope. The more power, the better, for all three.

post #6852 of 6853 Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidcorpse View Post
I used to power my 28's and C2 with an XPA-3. Personally, I was never thrilled with this setup. The XPA-3 was ok for powering the 15's and C2 together, but I found it was woefully inadequate for the 28's/C2 combo. It's just not enough power. When I picked up the XPA-2 and powered the C2 with it's own amp, a UPA-1, that's when all three speakers came alive. I would suggest powering the C2 with it's own amp, like a UPA-1, or pairing it with an XPA-3, powering the center and two smaller, less power consuming speakers like the OMD-5's. Compared to powering the center with an XPA-3, I found the C2, powered by the monoblock, to have more clarity, bass and improved dynamics. It sounds so articulate and phenomenal. I really want to ditch the XPA-2 and go to dual XPA-1's for the 28's.....someday, I hope. The more power, the better, for all three.
So are you stating that the Mirage speakers can handle more than there rating of 50 to 300 watts? Seems like the XPA-2 would be too much with a rating of: 500 watts RMS per channel @ 4 ohm (0.12% THD)
300 watts RMS per channel @ 8 ohm (0.07% THD), assuming 6 ohms were somewhere in between at approximately 400 watts. Can the Mirage handle this without concern of damaging them?
I just purchase the XPA-3 setup as listed above for my 28's and C2. Have not pushed them to any limit yet, but my purchasing decision was based on specifications. In your opinion, is it the amp or the speakers which are under rated? Seemed like the XPA-3 was the perfect fit for the wattage range. Of course hearing from someone who has owned both definitely speaks for itself. Thanks for your input.
post #6853 of 6853 Old Today, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know anything about mirage 7rx(one) bookshelf speakers? Or satellite speakers whatever they are?
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page