Mirage Speakers - Page 236 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 234  235  236
Speakers > Mirage Speakers
Dr. X's Avatar Dr. X 06:14 AM 06-24-2016
Hello everyone.

If anyone is not using their OMD-5 wall mounts, I would like to buy 2 from you.

I need to put my surrounds up on the wall.

Thank you.

Nick

Marc Alexander's Avatar Marc Alexander 08:22 AM 06-24-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. X View Post
Hello everyone.

If anyone is not using their OMD-5 wall mounts, I would like to buy 2 from you.

I need to put my surrounds up on the wall.

Thank you.

Nick
I believe I may be able to spare 2. PM me with an offer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
vardo's Avatar vardo 03:08 PM 06-24-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post
The M3si's are truly great speakers. My brother used to have them and they never failed to impress. They are worth a retrofit if not too complicated or too costly.
They are truly great. I have a pair of M5si speakers (owned for 15 years) and they don't make 'em like that any more.
I would never sell them. They are in a stereo only setup, and the way they disappear in a room and surround you
with sound is remarkable.

vardo
Marc Alexander's Avatar Marc Alexander 11:02 AM 06-25-2016
Who has heard both the M(1/3/5)si's and the OMD-28s? Anyone running the si's in an Atmos setup? I would love to read your thoughts. I have only heard the Omniguide line of Mirage speakers.

Dr. X's Avatar Dr. X 08:38 PM 06-25-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I believe I may be able to spare 2. PM me with an offer.

Marc, I sent you a Paypal pmt. Thanks. Nick
sdolen's Avatar sdolen 07:29 AM 06-27-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Who has heard both the M(1/3/5)si's and the OMD-28s? Anyone running the si's in an Atmos setup? I would love to read your thoughts. I have only heard the Omniguide line of Mirage speakers.

I haven't listened to the new OMD line but am very familiar with the Si and OM line and personally would not use the Si series for HT for a few reasons, number one mainly being fear of blowing a driver since replacements are unobtanium. The other reason would be the amount of high current power needed to safely use them in a HT environment. The 1 and 3 especially. They are not efficient speakers and if used with a under powered HT receiver, you are asking to smoke the tweeters.

Mirage still has parts for the OMD line so that would be a much safer better.
pheroy's Avatar pheroy 11:31 AM 06-27-2016
FYI, if anyone has OMD fronts I have put up my 4 OMD-Rs for sale. Will probably be putting them on ebay in a week.
Marc Alexander's Avatar Marc Alexander 04:15 PM 06-27-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolen View Post
I haven't listened to the new OMD line but am very familiar with the Si and OM line and personally would not use the Si series for HT for a few reasons, number one mainly being fear of blowing a driver since replacements are unobtanium. The other reason would be the amount of high current power needed to safely use them in a HT environment. The 1 and 3 especially. They are not efficient speakers and if used with a under powered HT receiver, you are asking to smoke the tweeters.

Mirage still has parts for the OMD line so that would be a much safer better.
The OMD-28s and C2 also need a ton of high current power 💪. I am running over 500W each.

wpbpete's Avatar wpbpete 02:24 PM 07-11-2016
Anyone here ever mod a Mirage MM6 amp? I want to re-purpose it to drive a bass shaker and need to remove the high pass filter
First ... 234  235  236

Up