Mirage Speakers - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1261 of 6732 Old 01-09-2009, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
petrovy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvair61 View Post

Like I said. If you want to watch tv , buy some nice book shelf speakers and push 80 watts at them....
I'm sure your weenie little amp .........

Ouch

PS...sorry...nothing added to the discussion....but that hurts.

all is good....LNT4671 1005/1001 SQ01 w/old PS3 80G,Oppo 83 & 2400ES into Mirage OS3FS
petrovy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1262 of 6732 Old 01-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Member
 
boosterseat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For what its worth, I don't visit this forum to debate with anyone, just to share a common interest. I've found a great product and its interesting to read how many people from all over enjoy the same speakers in different ways.
I am in a condo, sitting 7 ft from my speakers, I doubt I often use more than 1 watt to power them, which would = more than 91db in my little room. For me, volume isn't an issue, just the sound quality. I'd like to hear my OMD15's with one of the PrimaLuna integrated amps, 30-50 watts. If anyone has or has heard this combo, do tell. Or any other tube amp for that matter.
I know that many of you have a big space and for music or HT I say yahoo, crank it up and enjoy your system in a way that I cannot.
Cheers,
boosterseat is offline  
post #1263 of 6732 Old 01-10-2009, 03:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzy_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvair61 View Post

Like I said. If you want to watch tv , buy some nice book shelf speakers and push 80 watts at them. If you want quality sound and purcahase speakers designed for Music reproduction, then you are wasting your time on the 15's or the 28's.

I'm sure your weenie little amp does just what you need. Produce a small sound as you watch American Idol.

Thanks again, that was the whole point, to make sure nobody actually thinks you have a clue what you're talking about or pays attention to your advice.

BTW, my amp could melt the voice coils in your OMD28s.
buzzy_ is offline  
post #1264 of 6732 Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Member
 
Dust~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm curious as to what crossover settings others are using. I have the following equipment:
  • Denon AVR-3038CI
  • Mirage OMD-15, Mirage OS3-CC, Mirage OS3-SAT, SVS PB12-Plus (on order)

Do folks in this forum use different crossover settings for movies compared to music?

Currently I have the following set for crossovers:
  • OMD-15's (LR Fronts) crossed over at 60Hz
  • OS3-CC (Center) crossed over at 80Hz
  • OS3-SAT (Surrounds) crossed over at 80Hz

I use the same settings for movies and music. Your thoughts?

HT Picture Gallery (need to update the pics to show the new sub)
Blu-Ray Collection
SVS PB13-Ultra Pictures
Dust~ is offline  
post #1265 of 6732 Old 01-10-2009, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mixdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,953
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixdoctor View Post

I just picked up a refurbed Onkyo 7100. I do plan to get better speakers, but this at least gives me a chance to build a better system. I think I will now go with maybe 4 Omnisats and a Omni Center, which I can probably get from Ebay on the cheap. Just that now I can scout for closeouts and better deals in general.


I started by ordering a Omnisat Center V2 from BB for $199. I will next get either a pair of Omnisat FS or a set of Omnisat V2's.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Sharp Elite 70X5FD
Oppo BDP-103D
Pioneer Elite SC-07, SC-05 Receivers
Martin Logan Ascents
Rotel RMB 985MKII
NHT VT-2.4 Surround System
Velodyne DD-18 Pair
Mixdoctor is offline  
post #1266 of 6732 Old 01-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Member
 
boosterseat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust~ View Post

I'm curious as to what crossover settings others are using. I have the following equipment:
  • Denon AVR-3038CI
  • Mirage OMD-15, Mirage OS3-CC, Mirage OS3-SAT, SVS PB12-Plus (on order)

Do folks in this forum use different crossover settings for movies compared to music?

Currently I have the following set for crossovers:
  • OMD-15's (LR Fronts) crossed over at 60Hz
  • OS3-CC (Center) crossed over at 80Hz
  • OS3-SAT (Surrounds) crossed over at 80Hz

I use the same settings for movies and music. Your thoughts?

Nice set-up! The 15's are OK to around 35-40Hz, so I'd say it depends on your volume. If its moderate I'd try dropping the x-over down to 30hz. If you tend to really go for it, try it at around 40, then back it up to 50 or even 60 when the sub is installed. I don't have a similar set-up but I've installed enough of them over the years.
Welcome aboard!
boosterseat is offline  
post #1267 of 6732 Old 01-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Member
 
tahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't get my setup done until I find some floor stands for OS3 sats. I could use some advice from owners of OS3s or OS v2s.

I've emailed with Mirage. Their only suggestion is the Omnimount Gemini 1s, but the online comments I've read aren't flattering (hard to thread wire; "covers" on bottom plate made of paper).
http://www.omnimount.com/consumer/pr...7-4d3bdc502399

I asked Steve at Mirage if the Sanus Euro Foundations stand would work, since those generally get positive reviews. He said no, but I think he may have been focused on the L-bracket in the Sanus photo (which I did ask about), and not noticed that there's also a 2.5 x 3.25 flat top plate small enough to go under the Mirage sats.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051806275046

Anybody out there who has OS3s or OS v2s . . . can a stand screw directly into the hole near the speaker-wire terminals? Would that work with the Sanus, maybe? Or would one of the flat top plates work?

The Mirage stands for OS v2s won't do because they're black and silver, btw, and I want something black.

Boosterseat, fyi -- I bought the Prestige sub we "discussed" a few pages ago. Can't wait to put it in action!
tahl is offline  
post #1268 of 6732 Old 01-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Member
 
Dust~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have my OS3-SAT's mounted on Mirage Black Stands for Nanosat. Below is a link on Amazon. I'm sure you'll be able to pick them up for less somewhere else if you shop around a bit. I got mine from Ultimate Electronics for $50.

http://www.amazon.com/Mirage-MS-STB-.../dp/B0012UP1BA

HT Picture Gallery (need to update the pics to show the new sub)
Blu-Ray Collection
SVS PB13-Ultra Pictures
Dust~ is offline  
post #1269 of 6732 Old 01-11-2009, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mixdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,953
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I know about those stands, but I cannot find them cheaper than $79.

I am wondering has anyone used cheaper stands with the Omnisats or Nanosats?

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Sharp Elite 70X5FD
Oppo BDP-103D
Pioneer Elite SC-07, SC-05 Receivers
Martin Logan Ascents
Rotel RMB 985MKII
NHT VT-2.4 Surround System
Velodyne DD-18 Pair
Mixdoctor is offline  
post #1270 of 6732 Old 01-12-2009, 05:55 AM
 
Corvair61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovy View Post

Ouch

PS...sorry...nothing added to the discussion....but that hurts.


Sorry if I offended the HT people on this board. If you look at what I was replying to the person had taken a shot at me and I guess I replied in kind. I should have bit my tongue.
Corvair61 is offline  
post #1271 of 6732 Old 01-12-2009, 06:01 AM
 
Corvair61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_ View Post

Thanks again, that was the whole point, to make sure nobody actually thinks you have a clue what you're talking about or pays attention to your advice.

BTW, my amp could melt the voice coils in your OMD28s.


I will not fire back with an insult , that seems to be your normal reply when someone does not agree with you.

Whether you think I have anything to offer matters little. We are all here for different reasons and each brings different opinions and different levels of experience. I've bought and used good equipment for over 30 years. There is some experience there. If you find my posts so aggravating, do me a favor and put me on ignore. I'll survive.

As for your amp, I would not use it on any of my household speakers. But that is just my opinion.

Good luck
Corvair61 is offline  
post #1272 of 6732 Old 01-12-2009, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzy_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 46
corvair61, most people don't have the same needs and preferences you do, until you realize that your comments aren't going to help.
buzzy_ is offline  
post #1273 of 6732 Old 01-12-2009, 09:12 AM
 
Corvair61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_ View Post

corvair61, most people don't have the same needs and preferences you do, until you realize that your comments aren't going to help.

Buzzy,

I'm so glad you know what EVERYONE that reads this forum has for preferences. Would you care to list this for us?

I happen to know others like myself that read these forums that have my exact preferences. We want high quality high volume sound for music reproduction. The exact reason that good front speakers are designed. Musical reproduction.


Not everyone wants nothing but a good TV experience, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I await your list.


But just to help, there is a nice forum dedicated to the HT experience. There you can have your obvious bias against people that want to discuss listening to music.

www.blu-ray.com
Corvair61 is offline  
post #1274 of 6732 Old 01-12-2009, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WhskyTangoFoxtrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahl View Post

I can't get my setup done until I find some floor stands for OS3 sats. I could use some advice from owners of OS3s or OS v2s.

I asked Steve at Mirage if the Sanus Euro Foundations stand would work, since those generally get positive reviews. He said no, but I think he may have been focused on the L-bracket in the Sanus photo (which I did ask about), and not noticed that there's also a 2.5 x 3.25 flat top plate small enough to go under the Mirage sats.

Anybody out there who has OS3s or OS v2s . . . can a stand screw directly into the hole near the speaker-wire terminals? Would that work with the Sanus, maybe? Or would one of the flat top plates work?

The Mirage stands for OS v2s won't do because they're black and silver, btw, and I want something black.

Boosterseat, fyi -- I bought the Prestige sub we "discussed" a few pages ago. Can't wait to put it in action!


The short answer is yes to all of your questions.

I have OS-2s mounted to the Sanus stands, they work well and have a nice look.

$50.88 on Amazon.

A Nice Radio Station with Great Music. For Those That Like That Sort of Thing: RadioParadise.com

WhskyTangoFoxtrt is online now  
post #1275 of 6732 Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzy_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 46
OMD5 is back in stock at Vanns if anyone is looking for them.
buzzy_ is offline  
post #1276 of 6732 Old 01-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Senior Member
 
boblopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: RedSox Nation (before they started selling bricks)
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_ View Post

OMD5 is back in stock at Vanns if anyone is looking for them.

Thanks for the info, already bought four last time they restocked, wish I could get a pair in rosewood...
boblopes is offline  
post #1277 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 01:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tractng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Got my omdc2 today-its huge. Larger than the hsu center.

Can anybody confirm if the omdc2 came with the protective plastic around the tweeter? The omd5 and omd15 had that plastic protector around that area as part of the packaging.

My didn't have it. The tweeter looks like somebody decided to rub on a few times .


Tony
tractng is offline  
post #1278 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Member
 
mattyv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Would the OMD5's as my fronts be worth upgrading from the Nano's? I have the Omni V2CC and 4 Nano's now. I have not been able to hear the OMD5 but the price seems like a great deal. Any input would help.
mattyv is offline  
post #1279 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 01:47 AM
 
Corvair61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post

Got my omdc2 today-its huge. Larger than the hsu center.

Can anybody confirm if the omdc2 came with the protective plastic around the tweeter? The omd5 and omd15 had that plastic protector around that area as part of the packaging.

My didn't have it. The tweeter looks like somebody decided to rub on a few times .


Tony


Yes, Mine came with the protector. Was yours a returned item?
Corvair61 is offline  
post #1280 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 02:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tractng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvair61 View Post

Yes, Mine came with the protector. Was yours a returned item?



I bought it as a "new" item from Vanns.

Tweeter has three little indention marks. Annoying to look at. As long as peformance is not affeced, I guess I am ok.

Too much hassle to deal with return for minor stuff.

Tony
tractng is offline  
post #1281 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 AM
Senior Member
 
boblopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: RedSox Nation (before they started selling bricks)
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post

I bought it as a "new" item from Vanns.

Tweeter has three little indention marks. Annoying to look at. As long as peformance is not affeced, I guess I am ok.

Too much hassle to deal with return for minor stuff.

Tony

Maybe someone pushed on the tweeter and it dented and they were able to push it out. Back in the mid-90's I know someone who did that to one of his brand new 550's. At that time Tweeter had an upgrade policy, so he upgraded them to the M5's or M7's - so we don't know if there were any long term issues.

If there is new replacement stock I'd go for it, especially if you are going to keep them for a while. If not, call Vanns and get some money back...
boblopes is offline  
post #1282 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hanesian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Twin Citiesville, MN
Posts: 2,783
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post

Would the OMD5's as my fronts be worth upgrading from the Nano's? I have the Omni V2CC and 4 Nano's now. I have not been able to hear the OMD5 but the price seems like a great deal. Any input would help.

IMO, it would be a very noticeable upgrade, and at the blow out prices it's a bit of a no-brainer. The key issue at this point is finding any OMD5s in stock. It's getting harder and harder now - one day they are available, the next week or so they are not. So you have to be ready to push the button as soon as you see them in at Vanns or it will be too late.

If you do manage to grab a couple, you might also look to upgrade your center to the matching omdc1, which is also on sale for a great price, as the V2CC may struggle to keep up with the OMD5s a bit. Combine those front upgrades with your Nanos for your surrounds and you should be one happy camper.

Until the next round of upgrade-itis hits, anyway!

The Un-Theater Un-Build
_________________________________
State Certified Alcohol Disposal Expert.

 

hanesian is offline  
post #1283 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 06:57 AM
 
Corvair61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post

I bought it as a "new" item from Vanns.

Tweeter has three little indention marks. Annoying to look at. As long as peformance is not affeced, I guess I am ok.

Too much hassle to deal with return for minor stuff.

Tony


That is pretty annoying. I'd be pissed. Either Mirage or Vann's is at fault and I'd blame Vanns. When I got my returned 28's the spikes in one box were loose. For the 28's a special container box exist to hold the spikes, yet they were not in there. I called Vanns and told them I thought that they never even opened the box when the speakers were returned. They claimed they open and inspect every return. When they said that I then replied that their return department must do very shoddy work. How could 4 large and heavy spikes be left to rummage around the box? Vanns claimed ignorance and I left it at that. Thankfully my speakers were unharmed.

I think I'd return the speaker. Vanns will pay for the return so the only effort on your part is getting it to a shipper.
Corvair61 is offline  
post #1284 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tractng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvair61 View Post

That is pretty annoying. I'd be pissed. Either Mirage or Vann's is at fault and I'd blame Vanns. When I got my returned 28's the spikes in one box were loose. For the 28's a special container box exist to hold the spikes, yet they were not in there. I called Vanns and told them I thought that they never even opened the box when the speakers were returned. They claimed they open and inspect every return. When they said that I then replied that their return department must do very shoddy work. How could 4 large and heavy spikes be left to rummage around the box? Vanns claimed ignorance and I left it at that. Thankfully my speakers were unharmed.

I think I'd return the speaker. Vanns will pay for the return so the only effort on your part is getting it to a shipper.

Let me call them and see what they say.

I wonder if tweeters have any excursion when playing LOL.


I just called and they gave me the option to exchange or mark down the price. They asked me how much I felt it was worth. I told them less than $60 of the original purchased price (don't want to take advantage of the situation). Pending supervisor's approval.

I would normally go for exchange, but its alot of work and its a heavy item.


Tony
tractng is offline  
post #1285 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hanesian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Twin Citiesville, MN
Posts: 2,783
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post

The tweeter looks like somebody decided to rub on a few times .

Dude, please! This is a family forum!

Maybe it's just upgrade-itis karma coming 'round to bite you, my friend. Or maybe that's just me, my omdc1 and my omdc2 envy speaking. Oh well, at least I've finally learned my lesson not to mention the whole corvair's sister's photo thing again. D'oh!!!

The Un-Theater Un-Build
_________________________________
State Certified Alcohol Disposal Expert.

 

hanesian is offline  
post #1286 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WhskyTangoFoxtrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post

Let me call them and see what they say.

I wonder if tweeters have any excursion when playing LOL.


I just called and they gave me the option to exchange or mark down the price. They asked me how much I felt it was worth. I told them less than $60 of the original purchased price (don't want to take advantage of the situation). Pending supervisor's approval.

I would normally go for exchange, but its alot of work and its a heavy item.


Tony


Tony, I don't think you would be taking advantage of the situation. $800 should buy a new, undamaged speaker.

A scratch, ding or dented cabinet is one thing, a tweeter is another. You need those.

At the very least, listen to it and then determine what it's worth to you.

A Nice Radio Station with Great Music. For Those That Like That Sort of Thing: RadioParadise.com

WhskyTangoFoxtrt is online now  
post #1287 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 09:41 AM
 
Corvair61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanesian View Post

Dude, please! This is a family forum!

Maybe it's just upgrade-itis karma coming 'round to bite you, my friend. Or maybe that's just me, my omdc1 and my omdc2 envy speaking. Oh well, at least I've finally learned my lesson not to mention the whole corvair's sister's photo thing again. D'oh!!!

Watch it.
Corvair61 is offline  
post #1288 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tractng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanesian View Post

Dude, please! This is a family forum!

Maybe it's just upgrade-itis karma coming 'round to bite you, my friend. Or maybe that's just me, my omdc1 and my omdc2 envy speaking. Oh well, at least I've finally learned my lesson not to mention the whole corvair's sister's photo thing again. D'oh!!!


Rub is the wrong word. How about "Poked" the tweeter .

I remember reading a thread about a guy named Calvin at Vanns. He was not friendly. I got to talk to somebody afterwards.

Tony
tractng is offline  
post #1289 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 11:11 AM
 
Corvair61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhskyTangoFoxtrt View Post

Tony, I don't think you would be taking advantage of the situation. $800 should buy a new, undamaged speaker.

A scratch, ding or dented cabinet is one thing, a tweeter is another. You need those.

At the very least, listen to it and then determine what it's worth to you.

I agree with WhskyTangoFoxtrt. $800 for a center speaker that may or may not be damamged? Why even consider it. Does $60.00 mean that much to you? I assume you plan to have this speaker a long time (Well, unless hanesian is correct and you'll upgrade again sometime in March). I'd get a new one and ask for a coupon for $60.00 or more towards some other purchase. But that's me, I can be kind of aggressive.

Replace the speaker or you'll always wonder about it.
Corvair61 is offline  
post #1290 of 6732 Old 01-15-2009, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tractng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I listen to it tonight. $60 bucks doesn't mean much .

They already agreed to credit me the difference.

Tony
tractng is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off