Forum Jump: 

post #31381 of 31384 Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAd13 View Post
The PC2000 is a better match to the PM1000s. Can you swap the PC1000 for the PC2000? The naming convention DT used for the series is silly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellG View Post
Do you need in ceiling speakers. I would wall mount another pair of 1000s or 800s.
Yes, they have to be in-ceiling speakers because of my wife.........Any input?
They need to be square or rectangular but not round to be symmetrical with the room.

I bought PM 1000 for $129 each (refurb) and bought the PC 2000 for $199 (refurb). Ideally something around or under $200-250 for the pair of in-ceiling rear speakers would be my target....

Last edited by atwnsw; Yesterday at 05:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31382 of 31384 Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwnsw View Post
Yes, they have to be in-ceiling speakers because of my wife.........Any input?
They need to be square or rectangular but not round to be symmetrical with the room.

I bought PM 1000 for $129 each (refurb) and bought the PC 2000 for $199 (refurb). Ideally something around or under $200-250 for the pair of in-ceiling rear speakers would be my target....
Then what about the UIW-55, personally I prefer a separate driver over stacked like the 5.5, you can get some referbs on E-Bay for between $225-$275 a pair.
post #31383 of 31384 Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic98 View Post
I talked to the def tech guy again, and he said that the larger size of the speaker, along with the large passive bass radiator, more than makes up for the slightly smaller size woofers on the 8040. He also said they are timbre matched (whatever that means) with the 350's and that 3 inches of space is enough since it's just a passive module. He concluded that the 8040 is going to be (sound-wise) the better choice compared to the PC-2000. Since I like the look of the 8040 better, I think I'll go with that one. I'll probably get it from Best Buy, like you said, to have the return option. Thanks for your help.
Cool, I've actually gotten some great advise from Chet over at DefTech, and unlike some places a lot of his suggestions actually worked out "not" in their favor financially, and considering that every situation is slightly different and he's working off just information provided by the customer, he's been pretty spot on. And even with my system being all old school tech, he's been more than accommodating to help me with info.

Let us know how it turns out.

In an unscientific way Timbre is tonal quality, and it is actually more important than driver size matching, normally best way to tweak your system as far as speakers go is timbre match first, driver match second. And especially with the front three, since their relationship is far more important than the relationship to the surrounds.

Last edited by ALtlOff; Yesterday at 11:32 PM.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Parasound , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page