post #31801 of 31801 Old Today, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellG View Post
I have the SM65s sitting on top of PSA XS30s. My own version of a super tower. :-) I am also thinking about replacing my SR8080s with the DI in ceilings. I would lower all 4 of them about 18". That's if I go Atmos. I am kind of waiting to see if anything more about DTS MDA comes out at CES or some more Bluray Atmos announcements. Also, can't decide on a receiver. I can get the Denon X5200 and Onkyo 3030 for $20 difference shipped to my house. I really like Audessey XT32 and don't want to give it up.
Cool, nice setup. Were you looking to put the DI in the wall instead of ceiling? I would think it would work really well. Only thing better would be more SM65's on stands. Agree on lower them too! X5200 looks nice and I agree, XT really provides a even more seamless sound for movies and games. I still bypass for music though. Only other thing I don't like is that you have to remember to recalibrate if you move any speakers around, at least it's super easy to do and heard the new avrs can do this processing faster. Still curious about trying ARC though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Parasound , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page