Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES MCHUGHES View Post
Dual psa xv30f
Dual psa xs30

Is that the same house with 4 subs. Holy crap, that's a lot of bass if it is.

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
[QUOTE=LowellG;30249658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES MCHUGHES View Post
Dual psa xv30f
Dual psa xs30

Is that the same house with 4 subs. Holy crap, that's a lot of bass if it is. [/QUOTE
Yes the same house lol
Old Today, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtlOff View Post
No, I was talking about connecting the Front Full Range Pre-outs to the RCA inputs on the St's, sometimes this will give you a different sounding bass profile. Also, what are are your receiver settings for your Fronts, Large, Small, and if small, where are the crossovers set at? Technically your still using your woofers in the ST's, just not as Subs, in most cases, the powered woofers really add to the soundstage when set properly. I'm curious about your settings more than running the Full Range signal out too the speakers.
I just changed a few things around, let me know what you think.

On the Yamaha I have 2 subwoofer RCA outs. (front and rear)

I have a splitter goings into the fronts and then splits to the Left Mythos ST. The other Cable goes to the Left SVS sub. From there the Left Mythos is connected to a splitter to connect the LFE on the Left and Right Mythos. Then the RCA to the Left SVS sub is split to connect to the LFE on the Left and Right SVS. I have the Mythos set to large and sub enabled.

I'm not sure if there would be a benefit to removing the splitting going into the yamaha and having the Mythos ST connect into the rear sub input. It sounds pretty good now but i'm sure there are still settings I should adjust.

The mythos ST only has a LFE input and then speaker inputs. The SVS does have additional inputs but I don't think my Yamaha has an output for them.

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Parasound , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread