Definitive Owners Thread - Page 1077 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #32281 of 32281 Unread Today, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGS View Post
I also upgraded from a pro 1000 system with a center 2000. A DeFTech representative told me I would be ok using the 2000 with my 65's, and that the 2000 could hold its own with the 8040. I ran my 65's with with the 2000 until I got the 8060.

( shameless plug -upgraded to 8080, 8060 is listed in classified with towers and a Marantz 7009... all priced to sell)

The 2000 worked ok with the 65's (calibrated up a couple decibels)... the 8060 had a fuller sound with the powered subwoofer and the 8080 is pure heaven.

Can you pull your wall unit out and hold off to buy a 8060?

Richard
Well that's good info. I'd love to get and 8060 or 8080, but I'd end up having to place it on top of my entertainment and that would just look funny, not to mention I'd have to remount my 65" TV up higher on the wall so that the center channel wasn't covering the bottom portion of the TV. That seems like a big headache to accommodate one speaker. Perhaps in the future I can find a matching entertainment center with a wider insert for the CC.

Samsung 65" UN65ES8000FXZA - Pioneer Elite VSX23-TXH - 7.1 Definitive speakers - PM 1000 L/R - PC 1000 - ProSub 800 - PM 800's Surround & Surround Back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Parasound , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page