Definitive Owners Thread - Page 1091 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #32701 of 32722 Old 04-19-2015, 04:47 AM
Member
 
pftechnician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellG View Post
Well I replaced my 4, SR8080BPs with PM800s and like the pinpoint sound better in the 800s. Anybody know whats a fair price to list SR8080s for?
Good question, I have BP7002's I'd like to get rid of myself. Point is who knows what used speakers are worth? Plus shipping these things via UPS with their weight is gonna be expensive!
pftechnician is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32702 of 32722 Old 04-19-2015, 05:38 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Center Def Tech Speaker for my LG 65" OLED TV

Hi Guys,

I just ordered a LG 65" OLED TV which is super thin at 0.25 inches. So I want to replace my current Def Tech center speaker and was thinking about getting the Mythos XTR-60 for the center speaker, keeping my two tower Def Tech speakers and putting in two UIW RSS IIIs for my back ceiling speakers. Any thoughts?

M
New LG OLED owner is offline  
post #32703 of 32722 Old 04-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Member
 
sm4llz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have RSS II's installed upstairs and III's downstairs. Get the II's if you can. The III's are good but the II's are amazing.
sm4llz is offline  
post #32704 of 32722 Old 04-19-2015, 05:51 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
ok tks, I'll buy the IIs based on your "amazing" comment.
New LG OLED owner is offline  
post #32705 of 32722 Old 04-19-2015, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LG OLED owner View Post
Hi Guys,

I just ordered a LG 65" OLED TV which is super thin at 0.25 inches. So I want to replace my current Def Tech center speaker and was thinking about getting the Mythos XTR-60 for the center speaker, keeping my two tower Def Tech speakers and putting in two UIW RSS IIIs for my back ceiling speakers. Any thoughts?

M
As far as your center, unless you want the 60 for the size alone, I'd go for the 50, I was looking at these awhile back and contacted DefTech about them, they told me that as far as sound quality, there was little or no difference between 50 & 60, they actually suggested the 50.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
ALtlOff is offline  
post #32706 of 32722 Old 04-19-2015, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LowellG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Helotes, TX
Posts: 1,772
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LG OLED owner View Post
Hi Guys,

I just ordered a LG 65" OLED TV which is super thin at 0.25 inches. So I want to replace my current Def Tech center speaker and was thinking about getting the Mythos XTR-60 for the center speaker, keeping my two tower Def Tech speakers and putting in two UIW RSS IIIs for my back ceiling speakers. Any thoughts?

M
I know you want to keep everything thin and all, but I don' t think the XTR could keep up with tower speakers at all. I would go phantom CC before I would by an XTR. Especially if your towers aren't that far apart.

Lowell


The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
LowellG is offline  
post #32707 of 32722 Old 04-20-2015, 01:05 PM
Member
 
|JuiceZ|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Louisville
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
CLR3000 owners, can anyone recommend a good center channel speaker stand large enough to support this speaker? Ours has been sitting a top a small tv stand with AV equipment beneath but I'm in the process of relocating that AV equipment to another room and need to find a dedicated stand for the speaker only.
|JuiceZ| is offline  
post #32708 of 32722 Old 04-20-2015, 04:06 PM
Member
 
pftechnician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just wanted to share a little observation of mine. After switching from BP7002's for mains to Mythos ones I don't miss the 7002's. I just cranked up the Supercube II a bit and recalibrated. The Mythos ones are extremely impressive speakers, incredibly detailed and beautiful sounding speakers. I don't know why they discontinued them, but they are great speakers. The cabinet is as solid as can be, the build quality is also impressive. Just my observation.
pftechnician is offline  
post #32709 of 32722 Old 04-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ| View Post
CLR3000 owners, can anyone recommend a good center channel speaker stand large enough to support this speaker? Ours has been sitting a top a small tv stand with AV equipment beneath but I'm in the process of relocating that AV equipment to another room and need to find a dedicated stand for the speaker only.
I just picked up a pair of these of Craigslist for my living room:

http://www.sanus.com/en_us/products/...r-stands/bf16/

Two of them together may work for you.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
ALtlOff is offline  
post #32710 of 32722 Old 04-20-2015, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LowellG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Helotes, TX
Posts: 1,772
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by pftechnician View Post
I just wanted to share a little observation of mine. After switching from BP7002's for mains to Mythos ones I don't miss the 7002's. I just cranked up the Supercube II a bit and recalibrated. The Mythos ones are extremely impressive speakers, incredibly detailed and beautiful sounding speakers. I don't know why they discontinued them, but they are great speakers. The cabinet is as solid as can be, the build quality is also impressive. Just my observation.
I always liked the sound of them. I am guessing the margins are higher on the ST line.

Lowell


The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
LowellG is offline  
post #32711 of 32722 Old 04-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pftechnician View Post
I just wanted to share a little observation of mine. After switching from BP7002's for mains to Mythos ones I don't miss the 7002's. I just cranked up the Supercube II a bit and recalibrated. The Mythos ones are extremely impressive speakers, incredibly detailed and beautiful sounding speakers. I don't know why they discontinued them, but they are great speakers. The cabinet is as solid as can be, the build quality is also impressive. Just my observation.
Thanks for this, I was thinking about a pair of these for my living room, I have a pair of SM-350's right now, but just got a deal on a single SM-65, so was going to swap for those, but after hearing this I'll have to keep looking for some One's for the final pick for that room.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
ALtlOff is offline  
post #32712 of 32722 Old 04-21-2015, 02:43 AM
Member
 
pftechnician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 11
No problem guys, I have always been impressed with these speakers. They are really good with music too. I listen to a lot of DTS-CDS [which I wish they still made!] and the Mythos Ones sound beautiful. Very clear and overall beautiful sounding. I can only imagine what the ST-L sound like at 5 grand, but I bet amazing.
I am new to bookshelf speakers, bought a pair for surrounds [SM55] and again I am impressed. I would not hesitate to have either 5 SM65's all the way around or a combo of 3 SM65's for front and center and SM55's for surrounds. Get a really good sub in either scenario and you will have a hell of a system, not a doubt in my mind.
pftechnician is offline  
post #32713 of 32722 Old 04-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Member
 
|JuiceZ|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Louisville
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtlOff View Post
I just picked up a pair of these of Craigslist for my living room:

http://www.sanus.com/en_us/products/...r-stands/bf16/

Two of them together may work for you.
Thanks for the suggestion! Looks like they'll be the perfect height to allow the speaker to sit horizontally below the projector screen. Just need to figure out a way to tilt them up some but they should work.
|JuiceZ| is offline  
post #32714 of 32722 Old 04-21-2015, 09:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ| View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! Looks like they'll be the perfect height to allow the speaker to sit horizontally below the projector screen. Just need to figure out a way to tilt them up some but they should work.
Sent you a PM as to how I'll be using them when the time comes.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html

Last edited by ALtlOff; 04-22-2015 at 04:56 AM.
ALtlOff is offline  
post #32715 of 32722 Old 04-23-2015, 07:48 AM
Member
 
gtmorgan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do any of you guys personally own the Definitive Dolby Atmos setups?

Love them?

Def Tech members club
gtmorgan23 is offline  
post #32716 of 32722 Old 04-23-2015, 08:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MI
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I've got 4 of the up-firing Def Tech atmos modules sitting on top of BP3000's in front and BP2004's in the rear and so far everything sounds great.


I don't have the ideal setup for Atmos though as my MLP is right up against the "back" wall and the 2004's and rear modules are next to that position about 3feet away on either side and angle 45* towards the MLP instead of behind with the modules doing the same.


I really like it so far though.

BP 3000's/CLR2500/BP2004's Powered by Marantz SR7009


Chris
lubeman1 is offline  
post #32717 of 32722 Old Yesterday, 12:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pftechnician View Post
I just wanted to share a little observation of mine. After switching from BP7002's for mains to Mythos ones I don't miss the 7002's. I just cranked up the Supercube II a bit and recalibrated. The Mythos ones are extremely impressive speakers, incredibly detailed and beautiful sounding speakers. I don't know why they discontinued them, but they are great speakers. The cabinet is as solid as can be, the build quality is also impressive. Just my observation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtlOff View Post
Thanks for this, I was thinking about a pair of these for my living room, I have a pair of SM-350's right now, but just got a deal on a single SM-65, so was going to swap for those, but after hearing this I'll have to keep looking for some One's for the final pick for that room.
Just got a killer deal on a full 5.0 system of E-Bay, (2) Mythos One's, (1) Mythos Three, (2) Mythos Gem's w/ stands. So the One's will go in my living room and I'll just resell the rest, I guess that means the GF is getting the SM-65's and I'll sell both my SM-45's and SM-350's...lol oh well, got the One's, so that's all that matters...

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
ALtlOff is offline  
post #32718 of 32722 Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM
Member
 
pftechnician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtlOff View Post
Just got a killer deal on a full 5.0 system of E-Bay, (2) Mythos One's, (1) Mythos Three, (2) Mythos Gem's w/ stands. So the One's will go in my living room and I'll just resell the rest, I guess that means the GF is getting the SM-65's and I'll sell both my SM-45's and SM-350's...lol oh well, got the One's, so that's all that matters...
You will NOT be disappointed with the ones. We had a few people over last night for a movie [I love to show my HT] and I really honed in on listening to the Mythos Ones and they are such a good speaker. Clarity, beauty and powerful for non powered speakers. Please let me know what you think when you get them set up and had a chance to evaluate?
pftechnician is offline  
post #32719 of 32722 Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
Senior Member
 
jappleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mixing

Hi all i need some help that understands Definitive speakers. First this is my setup (2) BP 7006 tower speaker (1) C/L/R 3000 center speaker, (4) BP 2X surround on wall speakers, (2) Mythos XRT20BP on wall speakers. Do o have a under load or over load on speaker i am running a Denon 4520 and getting ready to buy Denon AVR x7200W and like to add one more center ceiling speaker for the voice of GOD sound. So how is my setup.
jappleboy is offline  
post #32720 of 32722 Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
 
weekendtoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 448
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I recently relocated my system to my own 'mancave' downstairs. While waiting for a longer subwoofer cable to arrive I ran my front 8060's on large with no subwoofer. I was really impressed with the bass output. While I wouldn't go without a sub, I can totaly see how one could 'do without' one.

Quick question, when I hook up the subwoofer, if I leave the speakers set to large will the LFE signal still get sent to the sub only, or does it get sent to all three speakers?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

weekendtoy is online now  
post #32721 of 32722 Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendtoy View Post
I recently relocated my system to my own 'mancave' downstairs. While waiting for a longer subwoofer cable to arrive I ran my front 8060's on large with no subwoofer. I was really impressed with the bass output. While I wouldn't go without a sub, I can totaly see how one could 'do without' one.

Quick question, when I hook up the subwoofer, if I leave the speakers set to large will the LFE signal still get sent to the sub only, or does it get sent to all three speakers?
LFE should only go to the sub as long as you don't have your receiver set to "No Sub".

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
ALtlOff is offline  
post #32722 of 32722 Old Today, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
StevenC56's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubeman1 View Post
I've got 4 of the up-firing Def Tech atmos modules sitting on top of BP3000's in front and BP2004's in the rear and so far everything sounds great.


I don't have the ideal setup for Atmos though as my MLP is right up against the "back" wall and the 2004's and rear modules are next to that position about 3feet away on either side and angle 45* towards the MLP instead of behind with the modules doing the same.


I really like it so far though.
I thought the DT modules only fit on the newer towers?
StevenC56 is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Parasound , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off