Definitive Owners Thread - Page 1180 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 377Likes

post #35371 of 35375 Old Today, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredxr2d2 View Post
For a global crossover, usually you will have to go by the weakest speaker in your system (probably the 8040 surrounds). I'd set all speakers to small and put an 80Hz crossover to start. You could make the case for 100Hz, but personally I wouldn't go much higher than that. And putting it lower than 80 may leave a gap for your surrounds where there is not much output between where your surrounds stop producing low notes and the subwoofers would kick it. Having dual subs would also help some of that problem.
I have been leaning towards SVS as well even though the other companies have been well received. Just seem to be pulled in the SVS direction. I like the pc2000 and intrigued by the pc12 Plus and pc13 ultra. Not sure when I'll have the funds to do 2 subs but probably would be easier with the pc2000. I do like the nice compact design of the SB subs. So once I set the global crossover are there any settings on the sub itself that need to be tweaked for this setup or is it good to go. Also thanks for the response that's some good info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35372 of 35375 Old Today, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSollecito View Post
I have been researching for days non stop and figured it was finally time to ask the experts here for help. The more I researched the more I confused myself. I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a dedicated sub for my HT setup which is basically my living room. I have bp8060st towers, 8060HD center and 8040 surrounds. I have not had a separate sub hooked up because I could not afford one when I got these and figured I would get one down the road. Well Jose the time and I'm excited but the research has given me a headache. Everything I've read says to go with the ID brands like SVS, PSA, HSU, etc. I love the compact design (so does the wife) of the sealed sub like the SB2000, but hear that ported may be better for movies and the space. The PC2000 looks to be somewhat space saving but still ported. I'm sure the more I spend the more housing shaking bass I can get but I don't really want to spend $2000 on a sub. This is still a living room and not a dedicated home theatre room. Ideally I'd like to keep it at $1000 or under and find the best balance of cost and performance. I don't want to be unimpressed when I turn it on but don't need overkill for the room. Something that really meshes well with the system I have. Not sure if there are some subs that just work better with what I have. The receiver is a Pioneer Elite SC71. I think the speakers sound great and the bass does too. But I know they just can't go as low and perform like a quality dedicated sub and now I'm ready to add one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I'm new at this and really just making my decision harder with the more I read. And if you guys think the only way to get the bass I'm after is to get a $2k sub the. I will but I'll have to hold off for now and continue to save for a while before doing so. These are the dimensions of the room to help with the decision. The ceilings are 8ft for every room and while the living room is not that big at all it is open concept to other rooms.
The living room is 14x17. If sitting on the couch facing the tv The dining room/foyer to the right is 12x20. The kitchen behind the seating area is 10x21. There is a bathroom off the kitchen and stairs to the second floor. Thanks again for the help, I'm looking to purchase soon and start watching some movies the way they were meant to be!
I have the exact same speaker setup as you with the additional Atmos A60's (got pair for $125, not $500). My speakers are in an open living room also which is about 12 x 20 with 7ft 5" high ceilings. I'm strongly considering going with a dual pair of SVS PB2000 subs later on this year. I could start with one, but keep reading how dual is best.

I feel the bass is ok with the BP8060's as of right now, but keep wondering how much better it will sound if I end up getting these dual SVS subs later this year. I was considering HSU or Rhythmic but keep seeing good things about the SVS PB2000 subs. Looks like a pair of SVS PB2000 would be $1500 before tax which is about the max I could spend. Besides, anything larger may be too much overkill for my living room.
post #35373 of 35375 Old Today, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeintel View Post
Just received my PC2000 from Baja,hooked it up, ran room correction and wow what a difference compared to the PC1000. The 2000 stands head and shoulders above the PC1000 (Of coarse I hope that everyone doesn't read this site or I'll never sell the 1000 ) Thanks again for everyone's assistance in regards to making the decision.
The PC2000 is very special for the price.....

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |

post #35374 of 35375 Old Today, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I would imagine the BP's would put out plenty of bass for a room that size. Are you just looking to go lower?

I also own the 8060ST's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSollecito View Post
I have been researching for days non stop and figured it was finally time to ask the experts here for help. The more I researched the more I confused myself. I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a dedicated sub for my HT setup which is basically my living room. I have bp8060st towers, 8060HD center and 8040 surrounds. I have not had a separate sub hooked up because I could not afford one when I got these and figured I would get one down the road. Well Jose the time and I'm excited but the research has given me a headache. Everything I've read says to go with the ID brands like SVS, PSA, HSU, etc. I love the compact design (so does the wife) of the sealed sub like the SB2000, but hear that ported may be better for movies and the space. The PC2000 looks to be somewhat space saving but still ported. I'm sure the more I spend the more housing shaking bass I can get but I don't really want to spend $2000 on a sub. This is still a living room and not a dedicated home theatre room. Ideally I'd like to keep it at $1000 or under and find the best balance of cost and performance. I don't want to be unimpressed when I turn it on but don't need overkill for the room. Something that really meshes well with the system I have. Not sure if there are some subs that just work better with what I have. The receiver is a Pioneer Elite SC71. I think the speakers sound great and the bass does too. But I know they just can't go as low and perform like a quality dedicated sub and now I'm ready to add one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I'm new at this and really just making my decision harder with the more I read. And if you guys think the only way to get the bass I'm after is to get a $2k sub the. I will but I'll have to hold off for now and continue to save for a while before doing so. These are the dimensions of the room to help with the decision. The ceilings are 8ft for every room and while the living room is not that big at all it is open concept to other rooms.
The living room is 14x17. If sitting on the couch facing the tv The dining room/foyer to the right is 12x20. The kitchen behind the seating area is 10x21. There is a bathroom off the kitchen and stairs to the second floor. Thanks again for the help, I'm looking to purchase soon and start watching some movies the way they were meant to be!
post #35375 of 35375 Old Today, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post
The PC2000 is very special for the price.....
Really like the size and reviews of the PC-2000. Do you think this would be a good fit for the 8060s and provide enough bass. Is it worth the money to jump to the PC12 Plus or Pc13 ultra? Not really sure I can afford either right now but if it's only slightly better especially for someone like me whose not experience and might not hear a difference than the pc2000 may be the one I select. Plus down the road the chances of be getting another pc2000 would be greater than one of those more expensive subs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Parasound , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page