Definitive Owners Thread - Page 1200 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 458Likes

post #35971 of 35987 Old Today, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper View Post
He was very close to buying my CLR2002 but found a good deal on his current center.

Yes I did.. I thought long and hard of which way to go and I just don't like the "sock" look plus it's an even bigger box and I think the PC2000 matches up better with my SM45's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pioneer Elite VSX-90 7.2 * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds * dual Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * OSD Audio WSK-100 wireless sub kit *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35972 of 35987 Old Today, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy1180 View Post
I met a interesting guy today. This was his setup

7.6 system

All seven speakers were clr2000. The fronts clr2000 were sitting on rythmik fv15hp. All the back clr2000 were also sitting on fv15hp. So 6 piano black fv15hp. His avr was a onkyo 5010. No power amps. Just onkyo. Tv was a 65" Zt60 that I sold him.

I was blown away! Makes me want to do the same thing for my surrounds. I couldn't get rid of 7001 and clr3000. He did make a good point though. He was using front fv15hp in stereo using left and right pre outs. Back 4 subs were lfe.

I wanted to take pictures to share but didn't want to be a weirdo to a stranger. Lol. We watched a few movie clips and it was crystal clear and I'd imagine bass was hitting 130-145db. He was running them in 2 port mode. Back 4 were crossed at 60hz. Fronts were set to full range. Sub was crossed at 80.
Wow that's one of the more different setups I ever heard of. He had the CLRs turned up or horizontal the way they were intended? That's some setup, that's a lot of bass I bet you could really feel it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #35973 of 35987 Old Today, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
I met a interesting guy today. This was his setup

7.6 system

All seven speakers were clr2000. The fronts clr2000 were sitting on rythmik fv15hp. All the back clr2000 were also sitting on fv15hp. So 6 piano black fv15hp. His avr was a onkyo 5010. No power amps. Just onkyo. Tv was a 65" Zt60 that I sold him.

I was blown away! Makes me want to do the same thing for my surrounds. I couldn't get rid of 7001 and clr3000. He did make a good point though. He was using front fv15hp in stereo using left and right pre outs. Back 4 subs were lfe.

I wanted to take pictures to share but didn't want to be a weirdo to a stranger. Lol. We watched a few movie clips and it was crystal clear and I'd imagine bass was hitting 130-145db. He was running them in 2 port mode. Back 4 were crossed at 60hz. Fronts were set to full range. Sub was crossed at 80.

Tell him to join and post pics. Id like to see that set up. Pretty clever!

Were his surrounds/rear surrounds up high enough sitting on those subs?

Ive debated doing that with 2 CLR3000s sitting on top of a dual sub set up for my front channels, but how would you keep the speakers from shifting from the heavy vibrations?

Last edited by Gonzilla13; Today at 11:49 AM.

post #35974 of 35987 Old Today, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Do you all try to achieve the 75db mark on all speakers after room calibration? Each time I've changed something or upgraded I match all my speakers to the front speakers. Mine always come back around 73db and the fronts are -2.0 in the avr. The others are usually between -4.5 to -2.5 after I've matched them with the fronts. You want to stay in the negative, right?

Pioneer Elite VSX-90 7.2 * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds * dual Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * OSD Audio WSK-100 wireless sub kit *
post #35975 of 35987 Old Today, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Clr2000 on top of fv15hp is about 50" tall. So plenty high. Surrounds were perfect. I didn't miss height channels at all.

He never even heard of avs. Lol
I doubt he'll be posting. ex NFL player that I shared battle stories with. I told him about new Rythmik subs and he got excited. Millions of av crazies out there that have nothing to do with avs.

Be nice if he posted his setup. Was nice to see a educated athlete that knew his stuff. He had a ef9500 oled that he was never happy with. Wanted to go back to plasma. Maybe we'll stay in touch and I'll get some pics or even a video. He doesn't have a spl mic or rew. Just tuned by ear. I was very impressed. Makes me wonder if all these modern tuning really matters that much. Probably just better to setup by ear to what you like best.

We get caught up with graphs and color specs when we should just go off preferences. On paper audyssey is better than ypao or mcacc. To my ears audyssey is the worst.

Was refreshing to say the least
post #35976 of 35987 Old Today, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

He just called me and asked if I wanted to by 4 of his fv15hp. He said he wants 4 fv25 for back of the room. He offered the 4 to me for $4000. Lol.
Might have to do that. I already have 2.
post #35977 of 35987 Old Today, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Clr2000 on top of fv15hp is about 50" tall. So plenty high. Surrounds were perfect. I didn't miss height channels at all.

He never even heard of avs. Lol
I doubt he'll be posting. ex NFL player that I shared battle stories with. I told him about new Rythmik subs and he got excited. Millions of av crazies out there that have nothing to do with avs.

Be nice if he posted his setup. Was nice to see a educated athlete that knew his stuff. He had a ef9500 oled that he was never happy with. Wanted to go back to plasma. Maybe we'll stay in touch and I'll get some pics or even a video. He doesn't have a spl mic or rew. Just tuned by ear. I was very impressed. Makes me wonder if all these modern tuning really matters that much. Probably just better to setup by ear to what you like best.

We get caught up with graphs and color specs when we should just go off preferences. On paper audyssey is better than ypao or mcacc. To my ears audyssey is the worst.

Was refreshing to say the least

I have only ever run Audyssey due to being a Denon owner. After that I tweak my distance settings and cross overs and just let it ride. Im not a pro but that has always been enough for me.
Falconsfan71 likes this.
post #35978 of 35987 Old Today, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
He just called me and asked if I wanted to by 4 of his fv15hp. He said he wants 4 fv25 for back of the room. He offered the 4 to me for $4000. Lol.
Might have to do that. I already have 2.
That guy is hardcore lol.
post #35979 of 35987 Old Today, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Yeah. Audyssey isn't horrible at all. I was happy with denon 4200 for the most part. Just needed tweaking after

Yeah. He's hardcore. Some people are just do ers. If that's a word. Lol. Some are talkers. This guy doesn't mess around. He had probably 15k in cables too. Kimber xl custom made to each surround. Than kimber to front 3 that I never heard of. Said they were $3,000 a cable.

Guy had same thinking as me. When you buy something like that it's for life. Can use cables for his entire life. He said he had paradigm signatures for 6 months and hated them. Just never sounded right to his ears. I'd sure like to have his money. I'd burn all mine. Lol
post #35980 of 35987 Old Today, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have always thought very highly of the Clr2000. Now you can get them in decent shape for under $200. Putting them on top of a sub makes one hell of a tower. Maybe I'll do that one of these days when I add another V1801.
post #35981 of 35987 Old Today, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I have a CLR 2000 I'm not using at all. Any one want it. 100 bucks and you pay shipping and you got it. It does have scratches on the wood ends.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #35982 of 35987 Old Today, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Does anyone have the SR 9080s as your surrounds? I'm using it as my L/R and L-rear/R-rear surrounds and I can barely hear it even when I'm watching a movie in 7.1. Is this normal?
post #35983 of 35987 Old Today, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameshtx View Post
Does anyone have the SR 9080s as your surrounds? I'm using it as my L/R and L-rear/R-rear surrounds and I can barely hear it even when I'm watching a movie in 7.1. Is this normal?
I used to run the SR8080s before I upgraded to the BPVX. I never had a problem hearing them back there though. Is your AVR set up properly?
post #35984 of 35987 Old Today, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla13 View Post
I used to run the SR8080s before I upgraded to the BPVX. I never had a problem hearing them back there though. Is your AVR set up properly?
Yes I believe so. I used the Audyssey microphone to calibrate the speakers.
post #35985 of 35987 Old Today, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameshtx View Post
Yes I believe so. I used the Audyssey microphone to calibrate the speakers.
You should be able to hear them loud and clear. What level did Audyssey set all your speakers at? Did you have the mic on a tripod in the recommended locations? What receiver/processor are you using?

Perhaps you have a bad Audyssey mic. Try turning off Audyssey and manually setting speaker levels by ear or with an SPL meter using manual test tones. Then put on some 7.1 material to check the results. If you are hearing them clearly then you know something went wrong with your Audyssey calibration.

Marantz SR7010 AVR (using as pre-amp), Logitech Harmony One Remote
B&K ST1400 Series II 2-ch amp powering fronts, AV6000 Series II 6-ch amp powering center, surrounds and tactile transducer
Def Tech BP2000 fronts, Def Tech CLR2000 center, Def Tech BPX side and rear surrounds
Oppo BDP-93, Apple TV 4th gen, PS4, Rotel RCL-900 Line Conditioner
Adding Atmos in ceiling speakers soon
post #35986 of 35987 Old Today, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjohn3 View Post
You should be able to hear them loud and clear. What level did Audyssey set all your speakers at? Did you have the mic on a tripod in the recommended locations? What receiver/processor are you using?

Perhaps you have a bad Audyssey mic. Try turning off Audyssey and manually setting speaker levels by ear or with an SPL meter using manual test tones. Then put on some 7.1 material to check the results. If you are hearing them clearly then you know something went wrong with your Audyssey calibration.

I have the Denon avr-x4300 and I used the mic and stand that came with it.

post #35987 of 35987 Old Today, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla13 View Post
Tell him to join and post pics. Id like to see that set up. Pretty clever!

Were his surrounds/rear surrounds up high enough sitting on those subs?

Ive debated doing that with 2 CLR3000s sitting on top of a dual sub set up for my front channels, but how would you keep the speakers from shifting from the heavy vibrations?
I have read that a good sub really shouldn't move a speaker all that much. A while back I was going to do this with a bigger sub under my center channel. I asked the question like you and was told it won't be an issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Parasound , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread