Definitive Owners Thread - Page 1207 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 497Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #36181 of 36207 Old 06-10-2017, 01:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Got to have some major tuning fun today and am really pleased with the results. Not the newest gear per session but thought it might be interesting to share tickets the recent conversations around tuning and system setup.

Decided to look into upgrading from a Procinema 800 system that I'd been using for nearly a decade and started my quest a couple of months ago. The 800 sounded good but I was after some meatier tone and after buying individual components I ended up with a 'Best of Craigslist' 3.1 consisting of a CLR2002, a pair of SM350s, and a DIY 15' sub that kicks serious butt. I was so impressed by the 350s that I naturally wondered if the 450s would offer even more, and my enterprising wife snagged me a surprise pair for my birthday. Finally got to dial them in today and they offer the same level of improvement as the 350s did coming from the 800s.

The 350s sounded great but I ran them crossed at 60 Hz and with a +1 Db boost at 63 Hz to get some upper-bass fullness. However, I found that I also had to cross my sub at 70Hz while boosting 40 Hz and 63 Hz at +2 and +1 respectively to get a quality blend; the upper bass and low mids were just too thin or too congested otherwise. I also had to cut the sub -1 at 100Hz to further avoid clutter in that region.

Switching to the 450s though provides not only the bigger and louder sound one would expect but also allows me to really dial in my low-end in a way that has made my full-range much clearer. I now have the 450s crossed at 70 Hz but have 63 Hz cut -1 instead of boosted and my sub is crossed at 90 instead of 70 and both 40 and 63 Hz are flat instead of boosted and 100 Hz is cut -2 instead of -1. This doesn't sound like much but the naturally-bigger low-end of the 450 provides more beef even with the higher crossover and the higher sub crossover allows for better LFE support for movies while retaining the full-but-clear upper bass and low mids. This also allows me to dial in another decibel or two at the highest treble for more presence and shimmer without sounding overly bright.

My AVR is an 8 yr. old Onkyo TX-SR607 that sounds great and I'm really happy with this setup, especially considering the price-to-performance. It has Audyssey 2EQ which sounds OK but my settings offer a much bigger and more balanced soundstage. This older Def Tech gear really is a killer value right now.
KSpan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #36182 of 36207 Old 06-11-2017, 01:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,073
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSpan View Post
This older Def Tech gear really is a killer value right now.
Totally agree. I'm upgrading some of my dt speakers that I have had for many years with some of the models I couldn't afford when they were new. Just being out of college in the mid to late 90s I settled for a pair of BP30s which I still have but wanted the bp2000s. Recently scored another pair of BP30s and negotiated a deal on bpvx. Maybe try to upgrade to a clr3000 this summer.
keeper is offline  
post #36183 of 36207 Old 06-11-2017, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,073
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 52
So I just completed a deal for a pair of bpvxs. Unfortunately I was unable to obtain the bp2000s I was after. Anyway as Tim recommended I am going to try the bpvxs as side surrounds and a pair of Bp30s as rears. I have ceiling speakers for Atmos and am trying to figure out how high I should mount the bpvxs. Ceiling height is 8'10". How high should the top of the bpvx be off the floor? I am guessing maybe 5ft?
keeper is offline  
 
post #36184 of 36207 Old 06-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
Timothy1180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: California
Posts: 881
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper View Post
So I just completed a deal for a pair of bpvxs. Unfortunately I was unable to obtain the bp2000s I was after. Anyway as Tim recommended I am going to try the bpvxs as side surrounds and a pair of Bp30s as rears. I have ceiling speakers for Atmos and am trying to figure out how high I should mount the bpvxs. Ceiling height is 8'10". How high should the top of the bpvx be off the floor? I am guessing maybe 5ft?
4-5 years ago surrounds should of been 2' above seated position. Now with new format it needs to be ear level.
Timothy1180 is offline  
post #36185 of 36207 Old 06-11-2017, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,073
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy1180 View Post
4-5 years ago surrounds should of been 2' above seated position. Now with new format it needs to be ear level.
Tweeter at ear level? The bpvx is a pretty long speaker.
keeper is offline  
post #36186 of 36207 Old 06-11-2017, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
Timothy1180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: California
Posts: 881
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy1180 View Post
4-5 years ago surrounds should of been 2' above seated position. Now with new format it needs to be ear level.
Tweeter at ear level? The bpvx is a pretty long speaker.
Yeah. Tweet at ear level. Of course if seating blocks speaker move higher.
keeper likes this.
Timothy1180 is offline  
post #36187 of 36207 Old 06-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Member
 
sumik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Looking for 3x Mythos 10 if anyone is thinking of getting rid of theirs.
sumik is online now  
post #36188 of 36207 Old 06-14-2017, 06:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Gonzilla13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior22 View Post
Nice, don't you have BP7001SC already?
Nope, just graduated from some 2006 towers...Quite the upgrade!

Hunting down an amp now.
Gonzilla13 is online now  
post #36189 of 36207 Old 06-14-2017, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
truwarrior22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,856
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior22 View Post
Nice, don't you have BP7001SC already?
Nope, just graduated from some 2006 towers...Quite the upgrade!

Hunting down an amp now.
I like my NAD amp, was recommended brand from Chet at Def Tech.
truwarrior22 is offline  
post #36190 of 36207 Old 06-14-2017, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Just bored today so I'd thought I'd make a video for YouTube on the ProMonitor 800's since you can't find much on those. This is a blend of music at 90db using just the two side surrounds. After adjusting the EQ manually in MCAAC Pro they sound great!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pioneer Elite VSX-90 7.2 * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds * dual Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * OSD Audio WSK-100 wireless sub kit *
Falconsfan71 is online now  
post #36191 of 36207 Old 06-15-2017, 05:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Gonzilla13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior22 View Post
I like my NAD amp, was recommended brand from Chet at Def Tech.
What model do you have? Rated @?
Gonzilla13 is online now  
post #36192 of 36207 Old 06-21-2017, 07:13 AM
Senior Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Hello,

I just bought some 9060s for the front and 9040s for surround. I'm running them with an HSU sub and a Marantz sr7011 that came with Audyssey xt32. My question is regarding the Audyssey, so I'm not sure if I should ask here or in that thread but they are speaker specific.

I hooked up the fronts with only speaker wire. I have a mic tripod and ran through the setup like normal. Audyssey reports to the AVR to set my front crossovers to 150hz which does not seem accurate at all, let alone the gap between the sub.

For comparison, my Polk Audio RTi8's in the exact locations in the exact room were registering at 40hz.

Any suggestions? Is this have something to do with the nature of the speakers? I've already went through the FAQ and understand that Audyssey is calculating the -3db point but 150hz just seems off and messes up the sound.
pbz06 is offline  
post #36193 of 36207 Old 06-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Hello,

I just bought some 9060s for the front and 9040s for surround. I'm running them with an HSU sub and a Marantz sr7011 that came with Audyssey xt32. My question is regarding the Audyssey, so I'm not sure if I should ask here or in that thread but they are speaker specific.

I hooked up the fronts with only speaker wire. I have a mic tripod and ran through the setup like normal. Audyssey reports to the AVR to set my front crossovers to 150hz which does not seem accurate at all, let alone the gap between the sub.

For comparison, my Polk Audio RTi8's in the exact locations in the exact room were registering at 40hz.

Any suggestions? Is this have something to do with the nature of the speakers? I've already went through the FAQ and understand that Audyssey is calculating the -3db point but 150hz just seems off and messes up the sound.
Where is your onboard crossover set? You might have the subs inadvertently crossed over too high or something like that.

Beyond that I'd just play with it until it either gets it right or you just set the crossover yourself after it runs. Definitely odd that the measurement is so high though.
KSpan is offline  
post #36194 of 36207 Old 06-22-2017, 03:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Hello,

I just bought some 9060s for the front and 9040s for surround. I'm running them with an HSU sub and a Marantz sr7011 that came with Audyssey xt32. My question is regarding the Audyssey, so I'm not sure if I should ask here or in that thread but they are speaker specific.

I hooked up the fronts with only speaker wire. I have a mic tripod and ran through the setup like normal. Audyssey reports to the AVR to set my front crossovers to 150hz which does not seem accurate at all, let alone the gap between the sub.

For comparison, my Polk Audio RTi8's in the exact locations in the exact room were registering at 40hz.

Any suggestions? Is this have something to do with the nature of the speakers? I've already went through the FAQ and understand that Audyssey is calculating the -3db point but 150hz just seems off and messes up the sound.
I've gotten weird crossover points out of Audyssey before as well. Not quite THAT weird, but you know......

My latest calibration I used all 8 positions instead of stopping at the minimum of 3...and I feel much more confident in the results. My SM 65's measured 60hz on the front L/R mains, and 40hz on the other 5 speakers.

I'd probably discard it as an anomaly and do another calibration.

Mitsubishi 73" 1080P, Samsung K8500, Fire TV, Marantz 6011, Rotel 1075 (Atmos)
DefTech SM 65 (X7), SVS PC12-Plus (X2), SVS Prime Elevation (X4)
Headphone rig: PC-> Schiit Wyrd ->Schiit Modi Multibit ->Stax SRM-1 Mk2 Pro -> Stax SRM-252S -> Schiit Jotunheim
Headphones: Stax SR-207, Stax SR-L700, Monoprice M1060, Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart, Sennheiser HD600, Sennheiser HD6XX, etc...
Keith Zuehlke is offline  
post #36195 of 36207 Old 06-22-2017, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 161
So.. i'm done measuring, adjusting, and tweaking. I have it sounding pretty good so I'm going to leave it alone. I sent the measuring mic back and deleted REW off of the laptop and now it's just time to sit back and listen!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pmat123 likes this.

Pioneer Elite VSX-90 7.2 * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds * dual Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * OSD Audio WSK-100 wireless sub kit *
Falconsfan71 is online now  
post #36196 of 36207 Old 06-22-2017, 06:07 AM
Member
 
bowlingbeeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Hello,

I just bought some 9060s for the front and 9040s for surround. I'm running them with an HSU sub and a Marantz sr7011 that came with Audyssey xt32. My question is regarding the Audyssey, so I'm not sure if I should ask here or in that thread but they are speaker specific.

I hooked up the fronts with only speaker wire. I have a mic tripod and ran through the setup like normal. Audyssey reports to the AVR to set my front crossovers to 150hz which does not seem accurate at all, let alone the gap between the sub.

For comparison, my Polk Audio RTi8's in the exact locations in the exact room were registering at 40hz.

Any suggestions? Is this have something to do with the nature of the speakers? I've already went through the FAQ and understand that Audyssey is calculating the -3db point but 150hz just seems off and messes up the sound.
I had a similar problem with my CLR 3000 when the sub gain was set too low. Try turning it up a little and see if that helps
bowlingbeeg is offline  
post #36197 of 36207 Old 06-22-2017, 07:07 AM
Senior Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I resolved the issue and it's kind of embarrassing The DefTechs need a separate power supply to activate the mid/low woofers. The way the instructions are written in the manual, it made it seem like the sub still activates with speaker wire and are only needed to be plugged in when you want to use the subwoofer as your dedicated sub for LFE and really low frequencies. Since I was running an HSU sub, I thought I didn't need to plug them in.

Anyway, since I did, I can still set to "small" and crossover to 80hz and it sounds a ton better. When I ran Audyssey again, it registered them as full band and set it to 40hz (which I can switch back to small/80).
pbz06 is offline  
post #36198 of 36207 Old 06-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Member
 
Jameshtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I resolved the issue and it's kind of embarrassing The DefTechs need a separate power supply to activate the mid/low woofers. The way the instructions are written in the manual, it made it seem like the sub still activates with speaker wire and are only needed to be plugged in when you want to use the subwoofer as your dedicated sub for LFE and really low frequencies. Since I was running an HSU sub, I thought I didn't need to plug them in.

Anyway, since I did, I can still set to "small" and crossover to 80hz and it sounds a ton better. When I ran Audyssey again, it registered them as full band and set it to 40hz (which I can switch back to small/80).
So are you wanting the subs in the 9060s to be enabled as well as your Hsu? With my 9080 towers, I got it set to large/80 so the subs in the towers are enabled along with my 2 separate Svs subwoofers. And I got my towers plugged into the wall outlet
Jameshtx is online now  
post #36199 of 36207 Old 06-23-2017, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Yes, another video!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
keeper likes this.

Pioneer Elite VSX-90 7.2 * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds * dual Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * OSD Audio WSK-100 wireless sub kit *
Falconsfan71 is online now  
post #36200 of 36207 Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Been so quiet here Def Tech owners and fans. What's been going on? I am really enjoying my SM 65 and SM 55s. I was contemplating and almost actually made the decision to scrap the HT for PSA speakers. I just kept going back and forth. I just got the upgrade bug and read all the reviews of PSA speakers. Then I came home from work and watched the divergent series: allegiant and I snapped out of it and thought to myself I'd have to be nuts, completely insane to switch right now. I mean these speakers sound so good. I don't doubt PSA might sound better but just how much? Anyway that's what I thought today.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is online now  
post #36201 of 36207 Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
Member
 
koicraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
Been so quiet here Def Tech owners and fans. What's been going on? I am really enjoying my SM 65 and SM 55s. I was contemplating and almost actually made the decision to scrap the HT for PSA speakers. I just kept going back and forth. I just got the upgrade bug and read all the reviews of PSA speakers. Then I came home from work and watched the divergent series: allegiant and I snapped out of it and thought to myself I'd have to be nuts, completely insane to switch right now. I mean these speakers sound so good. I don't doubt PSA might sound better but just how much? Anyway that's what I thought today.
Oh, the dreaded/wonderful upgrade bug! Glad you snapped out of it.

Last weekend I rearranged my room and now one of my BP2000's is too big/deep and partially blocking the sliding glass door, and I too went into full-blown research mode for alternatives - your SM65s were first on my list along with some Martin Logan Motion bookshelfs. I compromised for now by moving my BP6bs from the rear to the front and BP2000s to the rear (yeah, it's weird looking but sounds pretty good). I may have to eventually sell the BP2000s though as my better half somehow just realized how much space they take up.

koicraft is offline  
post #36202 of 36207 Old Today, 04:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
Been so quiet here Def Tech owners and fans. What's been going on? I am really enjoying my SM 65 and SM 55s. I was contemplating and almost actually made the decision to scrap the HT for PSA speakers. I just kept going back and forth. I just got the upgrade bug and read all the reviews of PSA speakers. Then I came home from work and watched the divergent series: allegiant and I snapped out of it and thought to myself I'd have to be nuts, completely insane to switch right now. I mean these speakers sound so good. I don't doubt PSA might sound better but just how much? Anyway that's what I thought today.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk


Don't do it! I've told myself my speakers are good enough and less than 7 months old. I'm gonna get my money's worth out of these babies! I got a deal on a used PC2000 as you may know and it definitely made a difference. The dual VTF3.5 subs make movies a whole new experience and I really believe I have all my speakers (7) setup and dialed in as good as I can with my room and with the AVR I have. My only upgrade coming sometime down the road "maybe" is a new AVR. I've been looking at the Denon x3300w that offers MultEQ with XT32 that would allow me to setup dual subs. Also, it would give me separate crossovers whereas I have one overall crossover now. My question though is how much better is Audyssey over MCAAC Pro? Or is it better at all?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pioneer Elite VSX-90 7.2 * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds * dual Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * OSD Audio WSK-100 wireless sub kit *
Falconsfan71 is online now  
post #36203 of 36207 Old Today, 05:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
Don't do it! I've told myself my speakers are good enough and less than 7 months old. I'm gonna get my money's worth out of these babies! I got a deal on a used PC2000 as you may know and it definitely made a difference. The dual VTF3.5 subs make movies a whole new experience and I really believe I have all my speakers (7) setup and dialed in as good as I can with my room and with the AVR I have. My only upgrade coming sometime down the road "maybe" is a new AVR. I've been looking at the Denon x3300w that offers MultEQ with XT32 that would allow me to setup dual subs. Also, it would give me separate crossovers whereas I have one overall crossover now. My question though is how much better is Audyssey over MCAAC Pro? Or is it better at all?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the post. I am squarely off the upgrade ledge. I, not too long ago finished the speaker portion of this HT system. SM 65 mains and center channel, SM 55 surrounds, PB-1000 sub. I recently hooked up my Parasound 5 channel amp to the Def Techs really opened them in nicely, making them sing big time. So all along my plot next was a true stand alone HT processor. That I have my eye on the Outlaw Model 976 around Christmas and possibly if I can swing it a second PB-1000. So that's where I am.
Yesterday when I sat down to really watch Allegiant I really wanted to hone in on the sound and I found myself smiling and laughing because I knew I have no need to upgrade or to scrap the Def Techs I have. I actually said I'd have to be brain dead to do so. It sounded so beyond good. I mean Def Tech regardless of the haters designs and builds incredible speakers. Today I'm getting off early from work and going to do some critical music listening to evaluate and most of all enjoy. Thanks for the post. Oh by the way great video again. I really look your Def Tech videos and subwoofer videos. I always find them interesting.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Falconsfan71 likes this.
Hetfieldjames is online now  
post #36204 of 36207 Old Today, 05:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 161
@Hetfieldjames Don't delay! Get that second PB-1000. You won't believe the difference! That should be your next dollars spent! You can buy the second one for $50 off if you do so within a year of buying your first one. That's if you bought it new for $499.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pioneer Elite VSX-90 7.2 * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds * dual Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * OSD Audio WSK-100 wireless sub kit *
Falconsfan71 is online now  
post #36205 of 36207 Old Today, 05:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
@Hetfieldjames Don't delay! Get that second PB-1000. You won't believe the difference! That should be your next dollars spent! You can buy the second one for $50 off if you do so within a year of buying your first one. That's if you bought it new for $499.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I talked to SVS and because I bought it from the outlet I don't get that deal but I get 5% off for being a return customer. I'll be buying in the outlet again. I but just about everything in open box or scratch and dent. Boy the way people talk about dual subs is awesome. That big a difference huh? Just amazing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is online now  
post #36206 of 36207 Old Today, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
Yeah I talked to SVS and because I bought it from the outlet I don't get that deal but I get 5% off for being a return customer. I'll be buying in the outlet again. I but just about everything in open box or scratch and dent. Boy the way people talk about dual subs is awesome. That big a difference huh? Just amazing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk


It definitely makes a difference from the seating position. You'll have to play around with them to find where they sound the best. I think typically most people do right front left rear or left front right rear. Yes the two subs in front may look better but not sure that's the best placement for sound. It wasn't for me anyway. I think you will be amazed at the difference. With the way I have mine placed they are not localized and it sounds like all the bass is coming from the TV or front speakers so it's kind of cool.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pioneer Elite VSX-90 7.2 * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds * dual Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * OSD Audio WSK-100 wireless sub kit *
Falconsfan71 is online now  
post #36207 of 36207 Unread Today, 06:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
It definitely makes a difference from the seating position. You'll have to play around with them to find where they sound the best. I think typically most people do right front left rear or left front right rear. Yes the two subs in front may look better but not sure that's the best placement for sound. It wasn't for me anyway. I think you will be amazed at the difference. With the way I have mine placed they are not localized and it sounds like all the bass is coming from the TV or front speakers so it's kind of cool.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info and help. The way my room is I'd have to have the second sub in the back of the room. The first one is upfront behind the left main speaker. I have no room for a second behind the right main speaker. I'd have to have it in the back on the side of the couch. I actually heard one in the front and one in the back of the room yields good response and sound? Looks like I'm buying two pieces of gear for Christmas, the Outlaw processor and another PB-1000.
Oh I do notice that the bass is much stronger on the side of the room where the sub is so I definitely think a second would do some serious good and make both sides equally strong bass wise. The PB-1000 is a really good sub at it's price. I mean you do get a very deep powerful sub for a great price. I know there are very ones but this thing suits me perfect right now. When we buy a house I think I might stop up to HSU or PSA or maybe a bigger SVS.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Parasound , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off