Definitive Owners Thread - Page 1221 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 560Likes

post #36601 of 36606 Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 75
So I have a chance to purchase a pair of bp3000tl at a very good price. What is the consensus on these particular speakers? I have 4x bp30 now but always wanted to try the powered version. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36602 of 36606 Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
BP9020 subs slow to turn on

I have been battling the subs in my BP9020s since I got them.

I am driving the 9020s with a Denon AVR-S920W receiver. When I connected the 9020s only using the speaker outputs, the subs would not turn on until the volume was fairly load.

So I switched to dedicated sub cables from the Denon to the 9020s. I've had to crank the sub output on the receiver to get the 9020 subs to wake-up and am fighting too much bass when they wake up.

With the Denon at level 10 for the sub output, I have the 9020s set to about a quarter of the way up on their sub levels. Even with that, they stil; are not kicking in on lower volumes.

Never seen this before with DefTech or other pure subs I've used in the past. Since both speakers are acting up I'm stumped what the issue is. Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks
post #36603 of 36606 Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtlOff View Post
If you end up liking the RAAL's but miss the signature Definitive sound, make sure you find somewhere to hear the GoldenEar's.
Do you think the GoldenEars are similar enough...i.e., bear enough "family resemblance"....that they'd blend well into a DefTech setup? I'm exploring options for four heights and I plan to go audition GEs this weekend. Problem is, of course, that the dealer's setup is GE all around.

post #36604 of 36606 Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiprecked View Post
Never seen this before with DefTech or other pure subs I've used in the past. Since both speakers are acting up I'm stumped what the issue is. Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks
I've been using various powered DTs for ages, and I've never seen that either. If only one does it, I'd assume it's defective. If they both do, it seems like something other 9020 owners would've mentioned.

Any chance you could try them with a different receiver? Just as a troubleshooting measure to eliminate the Denon's output as a cause.

Last edited by progprog; Yesterday at 09:12 PM.
post #36605 of 36606 Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper View Post
So I have a chance to purchase a pair of bp3000tl at a very good price. What is the consensus on these particular speakers? I have 4x bp30 now but always wanted to try the powered version. Thanks
Have they ever been repaired? Do you know the history on them?

Never heard anyone complain about a pair of 3000s aside from the fact they are pretty big towers.
keeper likes this.
post #36606 of 36606 Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by progprog View Post
I've been using various powered DTs for ages, and I've never seen that either. If only one does it, I'd assume it's defective. If they both do, it seems like something other 9020 owners would've mentioned.

Any chance you could try them with a different receiver? Just as a troubleshooting measure to eliminate the Denon's output as a cause.
I've been considering that - wondering if the Denon isn't pushing out the proper low end. Was hoping it wouldn't come to that since I'll need to purchase another receiver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Parasound , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page