Definitive Owners Thread - Page 1246 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 729Likes

post #37351 of 37353 Old 10-17-2017, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
I meant that maybe “Demand” will be the new name of the towers next year..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe, ya never know.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37352 of 37353 Old Today, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
I meant that maybe “Demand” will be the new name of the towers next year..?

I personally would love if definitive would bring a passive tower out.I love my 9060 powered towers but a passive set would be interesting.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Doing what I do best...LIVIN!
post #37353 of 37353 Old Today, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Definitive Owners Thread

Well.. I got the 8080’s hooked up yesterday (speaker wire only for now) and ran Audyssey through the App (the second time was better) and it had the fronts as Small at 40hz (I set the sub dial on both as close to halfway as I could). It has my center at 100hz, the sides at 150hz, and the rears at 120hz. The sub came back at -7.0 so I bumped it to -3.0. I listened to the fronts at 40, 60, and 80hz but 60hz sounded the best to me (blended with the sub better). It sounds pretty good but gonna work on it some more this weekend. I did a quick 3 seat Audyssey calibration through the AVR and checked it.. fronts were Large, center was 80hz, and sides and rears were 120hz. The MultEQ App just updated this morning so I’ll try it again this weekend. But overall I’m pretty happy with them so far. I’m getting Volume around -25 now that I was getting in the -18 to -20 volume range. They’re definitely louder and my center sounds even better. I listened to (and watched) the first few minutes of “I Am Legend” where he’s chasing the deer in the Mustang GT500 and “Wow!” I was glowing inside! Here’s my before (SM45’s on stands and Hsu sub) and the after with just the towers. The angle of the picture makes them look like they’re turned outward but they’re not.

After

Denon X4300H * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds x 4 * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs x 2 * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit *

Last edited by Falconsfan71; Today at 09:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Supercube Trinity , Definitive Technology Bpx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bpvx Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Supercube 2000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Super Cube 4000 Subwoofer , Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 350 Speakers , Definitive Technology Bp2x Speakers , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Marantz Sr7002 Surround Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Parasound , Definitive Technology Bp7004 , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page