AVS Forum banner
4M views 43K replies 3K participants last post by  33Kills 
#1 ·
Definitive Owners Thread,

I am curious to see more Definitive systems around here. So lets posts pics, which speakers as well as associated equipment.

~Bob

#61 ·
I'm actually thinking that the 7002's are pretty drastically better then the 7006's, i'm going to do more listening sessions, but if they really do just keep me there then i'll just wait on the sub, i really don't think i'll have the money, but hey, i'm doing this through a Best Buy credit card with monthly payments, so I guess it's just how much it will add to that bill. Or I'll just get the sub and be spioled and owe them a rediculous amount of money

#62 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofow /forum/post/0

What is the best processor setup for the BP7002 with a sub?

Speakers set to small or large?

What do you guys set the processor crossover around?

Is it best to use the LFE connection for the BP7002?

Thanks for you time!

Speakers definitely set to Large or you are losing the benefits of the Supercube being in there. Once set to Large, that overrides your processor's crossover (for any speakers set to Large). As to LFE, its trial and error. I prefer the overall sound not running the LFE to my 7000s but just to my dedicated sub. But others will run to all three or four (2 in the towers and 1 or 2 dedicated subs) with awesome results. It also depends on your processor's # of sub outputs and how many Y-connectors you want to run to split the signal.

#64 ·
Hi All,

Just ordered deftech system and was stopping in to say hi. ordered pair 7004s, 2500 center, and bpvx/p.

I guess I'm second guessing myself, After alot of reading I am thinking of the 7002 fronts over the 7004's. The 7002's larger and more midranges better match for the rears. Or the 7004's better match for the room size ( 16 X 16). the speakers should be here in a week. I would really like to here some opinions. Decisions! Isn"t this a great hobby.

#66 ·
I would like to hear opinions from you guys with experience with the BPXV/P's for surrounds. I am currently running the following Def Tech 5.1 configuration; BP2000TL front, CLR 3000 center, BPVX side surrounds. Temporarily the system is powered by a Pioneer 1014 that will be upgraded to (?) within the next few months. I have had these speakers for a few years and really like the DT's for both movies and music. My room is very large volume wise and these speakers do a great job of filling it up with sound. The Pio 1014 is a nice unit but I bought it just as an interim step. I will upgrade the DVD player next month and then I will start looking seriously for a receiver upgrade.

I am currently in the process of installing permanent wiring for the system and placement of the side surrounds. I am going to include wiring for the 7.1 surround rears although I don't have any speakers at this time. My question is whether the BPVX/P is enough of an upgrade over the BPXV that I should consider them for my next purchase. If I go that route I will put the /P's on the sides and use the BPXV's for rears.

Unfortunately the rears will have to be mounted quite high, about 5 feet above the seated listening position and only about 3 feet behind. The rears can either be hung flat against the wall or angled downward with a bracket. There is no power outlets available where the rears will hang so for sure they will be the BPXV's when the 7.1 layout is completed. Would you recommend /P's for the sides or just stick with the standard version and get another set for the rears?

#67 ·
I don't know how much of an upgrade it would be because I am using BPVX's for surround speakers but I suspect its a really nice upgrade. I sure wish I would have went for BPVX/P's now. With that being said you would place the BPVX/P's in the surround position and the BPVX in the back surround or Dolby EX/DTS-ES position. That would sound absolutely incredible. Also when you go to upgrade the receiver I would go with separates if you have the money. I have Parasound separates and will never look back. Its the best way to get the most of your speakers. J.H.

#70 ·
I'm going to chime in about the Def techs. I recently made a change from all KEF

speakers to deftechs. I got a killer deal from my brother in-law that just got remarried and moved into a small house. He had to unload most of them but kept

his bp3000 towers. Here what I bought. 3- CLR2000, 2- BPVX, 2-BP-2006TL all for a grand! While I loved my KEFs they just dont have the dynamics for movie soundtracks. And whats nice is I can run all 3 CLR2000's for movies and then switch out the 2 left and right for the 2006's for music and multichannel music. I find that I much prefer the 2006's for music.

Ive been enjoying the new setup so much that I felt compelled to comment here.

P.S. - Gotta give a nod to my wife for putting up with 2 sets of left and right speakers at the front of the family room.

#71 ·
Gators2001,

I would set the Mythos ones to small, then listen to a 20Hz to 200Hz sweep, and if you are set to small and cut em off at 60Hz and hear a dip in the voume try setting them to 80Hz.

20Hz to 200Hz sweep can be found on the THX Optomizer discs (Star Wars I, II, III, or T2 Dual Disc Set)

~Bob

#72 ·
What i was wondering is how the subwoofers in the 7002's work alongside the standalone sub. I'm gonna be using the subwoofers in the Front and Center speakers along with the SuperCube II, so how does all that sub stuff get dispersed? I mean there is obviously the channel off for the sub, but how do you wire or set the 02's to get that sub channel as well? lol i'm pretty clueless on this. I'll be pairing it with a Yamaha 5990, and have no idea about these settings or issuses, any info could help

#75 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Superman I /forum/post/0

What i was wondering is how the subwoofers in the 7002's work alongside the standalone sub. I'm gonna be using the subwoofers in the Front and Center speakers along with the SuperCube II, so how does all that sub stuff get dispersed? I mean there is obviously the channel off for the sub, but how do you wire or set the 02's to get that sub channel as well? lol i'm pretty clueless on this. I'll be pairing it with a Yamaha 5990, and have no idea about these settings or issuses, any info could help

I have 2002tl's which is an older version of the 7002. I have a c/l/r 2300 and an svs 25-31 pci sub. I have z series monster wire to the mains, no lfe. I have my yamaha receiver set to large for the mains, volume for the built in subs at 12 o'clock. I have the clr 2300 set up the same. lfe is going to the svs, xover @ 60hz. That is the best set up that I found......

#76 ·
I'll have to try that when i get my setup, but what i'm wondering is how to get those LFE's over to those Front and Center Speakers to use their subwoofer, that is what i'm clueless on, also this "Large" setting, what would this be?

#77 ·
I have a def tech system, I have bp10b in the front a clr2500 , and bp2x in the back . I am running 300 watts into the center 250 each into the fronts both carver amps . and I am using my yamaha receiver to power the rears. I also am using a SVS pb12+/2 . I love that bipolar sound I have been a fan since the very early 90s when I bought def techs first speaker the bp10 .

#78 ·
No current pics, but my setup is as follows:

3x CLR2002 (FL, C, FR)

2x BP2x (SL & SR)

2x BP1.2x (SBL & SBR)

2x HSU TN1220HO subs