SVS SBS-01 Owners thread - Page 45 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey all. new to the forums. i have the 5.1 system but looking to downsize. would anyone be interested in 2 sbs-01 in sliver for $150? i live in Queens, NY.
crazy4beatz @ gmail.com -thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 02:38 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Been awhile since anybody posted in this thread considering the redesign of the scs/sbs/sss speakers into the new 02 models. So any problems, longer term observations or anything positive to say about these speakers?

Been over 2 years and still loving my speakers. I use them on a daily basis for gaming, movies, and music. Literally almost everyday they're being used. I almost forgot my tv had built in speakers haha.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 PM

Still very happy with mine! I work too much to watch a lot of TV or movies, but when I do, I am still impressed with the speakers and sub. My long-awaited upgrade is many steps above what I had, and I have to say that I still liked the old system until I heard this...
Old 08-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Nothing bad to say about them... The more I hear other peoples home theaters the more I like these. I do have the upgrade bug but I don't see my SCSs getting replaced anytime soon. I do know what I am looking for in a replacement to these. Mostly in the mid-bass. Now don't take this the wrong way these do sound really good. But in my room I feel I have a null I can't really fill with these around where these roll off and my PB12 picks up the lows. And really I think the STSs would be more then enough to fill my small void I have with these speakers. But this issue is so some minor no one seems to notice (even when I try to point it out) but me when I want to get really overly picky. I think once I am ready to upgrade it will be for towers. Unless I can find something like these with bigger drivers or bigger box or maybe a ported design. Just something that can play a bit louder a little lower. I've been keeping my eye on both the Aperion Audio Grand Versus and the KEF new Q's to give you an idea. But I haven't had any luck getting to hear either yet.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post

... The more I hear other peoples home theaters the more I like these. I do have the upgrade bug but I don't see my SCSs getting replaced anytime soon...

Same thing here! No intentions whatsoever to upgrade my current 7.1 setup, which I'm pretty happy with ( 3 x SCS-01 + 4 x SBS-01 + 1 x PB-10 )

Regards, Chuck
Hold on tight to your dreams - ELO
Old 09-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Hi guys. Just a bit of an update. Knowing the Star Wars Blu~rays were coming out on Friday I decided to move my sub a bit and rerun Audessey. I also decided that with these movies I would watch them at reference level per my receiver. There isn't much more to say then WOW! Although I am still wanting more out of my room these SVS's definitely don't disappoint when it comes to movies.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Hi guys,

I know this is a old thread but I'm hoping some of the SVS owners here have experience with both SBS-01 and SCS-02. I'm just wondering if it's worth the upgrade to replace the front 3 (SBS-01 LR and SCS-01 center) with 3 SCS-02 or if it's not a big difference, just replace the LR SCS-02 and keep the SCS-01 center?

I currently have SBS-01 x4/SCS-01 Center with PB10-NSD subwoofer.

Do you guys think it would be that much of an upgrade? I really enjoy my SVS speakers but I have upgradeitis and although I am considering other brands such as Arx to replace front 3, I would like to hear what SVS owners would compare SBS-01 to the newer SCS-02...

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 AM

For a while I had SCS-02 for fronts and surrounds with a SCS-01 as the center and I could definitely tell a difference. I would recommend keeping at least the front 3 the same.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansboston View Post

Hi guys,

I know this is a old thread but I'm hoping some of the SVS owners here have experience with both SBS-01 and SCS-02. I'm just wondering if it's worth the upgrade to replace the front 3 (SBS-01 LR and SCS-01 center) with 3 SCS-02 or if it's not a big difference, just replace the LR SCS-02 and keep the SCS-01 center?

I currently have SBS-01 x4/SCS-01 Center with PB10-NSD subwoofer.

Do you guys think it would be that much of an upgrade? I really enjoy my SVS speakers but I have upgradeitis and although I am considering other brands such as Arx to replace front 3, I would like to hear what SVS owners would compare SBS-01 to the newer SCS-02...

Thanks!

I can't speak to the -02's, which I'm sure are better than the -01's, but replacing the SBS with SCS will make a VERY noticeable difference. I'd get three SCS-02's for the front and move the SCS-01 to a surround and get another SCS for the other surround. Maybe SVS has an old SCS-01 they can sell you to match the surround. This is a def. upgrade and will make you very happy.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Hello,
Anyone interested in 2 SVS 16-46 passive cylinder subs thet stand 48'' tall they have 12.3 drivers and are in excellent condition. Comes with a Samson SX1200 amp and a ART cessories box to power them.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:00 AM
Advanced Member

Hate to bring an old thread back from the dead but does anyone have some S-Series speakers they want to sell. I am looking for SCS or SSS or even STS. But really anything from the series.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes, I'm moving out and wanted to sell my sts 5.1 set with sss surround plus 400watt pb12-nsd subwoofer. Please pm me