Boston Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 110 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 47Likes

post #3271 of 3272 Old 07-13-2017, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouimetnick View Post
Is Boston Acoustics even still around? I know they have a website, but they haven't had any new products in quite a few years now. The Peabody MA location was closed and sold. They aren't embracing the digital age of bluetooth speakers or AirPlay, and the entire product line is stale. I know D&M Holdings was recently purchased by the owners of Polk Audio....
They're still around but are only a fraction of what they used to be. Their glory days are long gone, but if you can find their older lines in good shape then don't hesitate. The older premium THX line was very good with the exception of the low-end 555x and 575x line. Those were some of the only speakers that made THX look bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3272 of 3272 Old 07-19-2017, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Long time Boston fan. First pair was bought new in college. Boston A150a, still have them and they still sound great. Moved on to VR970s for mains and VR12 for center. Need to find the matching VRs for surround. I'm currently using Cambridge Newton 300s for that which actually pair very well.
audiofan1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Boston Acoustics Brand , Boston Acoustics , Boston Acoustics E40 , Boston Acoustics Vr Mc , Boston Acoustics Powered Subwoofer Asw250 , Boston Acoustics Asw650 10 Inch Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page