post #31591 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 03:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Mardukous View Post

Only place I have luck is Kijiji and Ebay. Canuckaudiomart is usually overpriced when RC's are concerned, plus they are hardly ever around.

I check out Kijiji for the first time this week and there was lots of local newer and vintage Energy speakers around.

My review comparisons of Energy RC-70s to Veritas V6.3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31592 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 03:56 AM

Energy S10.3 Subwoofer at Newegg dropped in price a little more now 220.00

details here

How good would 2 of these compare to spending 500 on one?

Heres my setup now

front rc 70
center rc lcr
rear cr 10
heights cc mini
sub 10" mtx (sounds like mud)
post #31593 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post

There's tons of Energy stuff on canuckaudiomart.com

I am nervous about buying on there and having stuff shipped with no warranties, etc, and there is a trust issue too, unlike ebay.

HT: Yamaha RX-V565 | 3 X Energy Take FPS, 2 X VS Surround, 2 X Take LCR | DIY Subs: SDX12 APR15 & TRIO12 Dual APR 12's | 47" LCD

Music: Yamaha RX-V863 | 2 X Energy RC-70 | MA RXw12 Sub

Bathroom: 2 X Energy Take LCR

Car: Sony Xplod HU, Xplod 6X9s, Kenwood 4"s, Alpine 12" Type-S, Rockford Amp,...

post #31594 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Mardukous View Post

Only place I have luck is Kijiji and Ebay. Canuckaudiomart is usually overpriced when RC's are concerned, plus they are hardly ever around.

thanks dude.

HT: Yamaha RX-V565 | 3 X Energy Take FPS, 2 X VS Surround, 2 X Take LCR | DIY Subs: SDX12 APR15 & TRIO12 Dual APR 12's | 47" LCD

Music: Yamaha RX-V863 | 2 X Energy RC-70 | MA RXw12 Sub

Bathroom: 2 X Energy Take LCR

Car: Sony Xplod HU, Xplod 6X9s, Kenwood 4"s, Alpine 12" Type-S, Rockford Amp,...

post #31595 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsceneJesster View Post

Im about to order my rear surounds to compliment my my CF-70's and CC-10. I have a couple options that I have been having the hardest time making a decision on. The first option would be mounting CR-10's on the walls to my side. The second option would be using the CB-10's on stands since I have plenty of room around my couch which sits pretty low so I would have no problem finding stands that put the tweeters slightly above ear level. My last option would be to go 7.1 and do 4 CB-5's for the surounds. All of them on stands.

Here is why I cant make up my mind. Going the stand route is a lot easier than the wall mount route is the biggest issue. The other issue is if I went with stands, I wouldn't be able to put them directly to the sides of the couch. They would be back a tiny bit and pointed to my seated position at an angle. Lastly, is 7.1 really worth it and are the dipole CR-10's mounted up high better than direct firing bookshelves sitting right at ear level?

It is super easy to wall mount the CR-10s. I just got a drill, screwed a standard screw into the wall, and slid my CR-10 on and voila! I had them hooked up and ready to go in about 3 minutes. They only weigh 5 lbs so they don't need fancy mounts or heavy duty stuff.

For those looking into getting Energy speakers, or upgrading their current Energy setup, here are some reviews I've written that may help:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  (haven't updated in a while, but include Energy Take Classic 5.1, RC-10, CF-70, and CC-10)

post #31596 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Hey guys. I know the Energy break-in period is debated; however, I wanted to ask what differences you notice. As you may know, I have the RC-10s. I was assuming that the driver is what would probably loosen up and gain a little more dynamics after a "break-in".

I was listening to some lower volume listening today and it seems the tweeter sounds a little more dynamic. Is that possible, or is it just my ears and mind playing tricks on me?
post #31597 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by racemanfl View Post

details here

Heres my setup now

front rc 70
center rc lcr
rear cr 10
heights cc mini

I think you have to ask this in the subwoofer forums. I think you should start your own thread there. The subwoofer guys are very helpful. I bet one of the main talking points, spl level comparisons, will pop up pretty quick.
post #31598 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 09:45 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepstang View Post

Hey guys. I know the Energy break-in period is debated; however, I wanted to ask what differences you notice. As you may know, I have the RC-10s. I was assuming that the driver is what would probably loosen up and gain a little more dynamics after a "break-in".

I was listening to some lower volume listening today and it seems the tweeter sounds a little more dynamic. Is that possible, or is it just my ears and mind playing tricks on me?

I too have recently purchased a pair of RC-10s and find myself buying into the break-in theory a bit, even though I was skeptical. They were okay when I first started listening to them (after I reconnected one of the wires to the tweeter) but they really seem to have opened up more now. Everything sounds cleaner and more defined. I don't know if the speakers breaking in or if my ears are getting more accustom to the RC sound.

If break-in doesn't matter, why would a speaker manufacturer waste the ink and put that recommendation into their manuals? If break-in doesn't matter, what are they protecting themselves from by saying the speaker needs to be broken in?
post #31599 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macstatic View Post

It is super easy to wall mount the CR-10s. I just got a drill, screwed a standard screw into the wall, and slid my CR-10 on and voila! I had them hooked up and ready to go in about 3 minutes. They only weigh 5 lbs so they don't need fancy mounts or heavy duty stuff.

I should have explained a little more in my previous post. Its not the mounting issue im worried about. Its the wall fishing that's going to be the hard part.
post #31600 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl4004 View Post

I too have recently purchased a pair of RC-10s and find myself buying into the break-in theory a bit, even though I was skeptical. They were okay when I first started listening to them (after I reconnected one of the wires to the tweeter) but they really seem to have opened up more now. Everything sounds cleaner and more defined. I don't know if the speakers breaking in or if my ears are getting more accustom to the RC sound.

If break-in doesn't matter, why would a speaker manufacturer waste the ink and put that recommendation into their manuals? If break-in doesn't matter, what are they protecting themselves from by saying the speaker needs to be broken in?

+1x2! Lol. I am totally on par with your experience.

Well, I think it is a smart move for a mfr to request a 50hr break-in period as it would prevent people from returning the speakers after a few hours of listening. Honestly, I was pretty sure I was going to return the RC-10s after the first few hours of listening. After putting over 20-30 hours through them, I am happily changing my mind . I too notice more detail and resolution after some "break-in". I thought vocals were subdued initially, but that is improving as well.
post #31601 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I should have explained a little more in my previous post. Its not the mounting issue im worried about. Its the wall fishing that's going to be the hard part.

Wall fishing? I have mine mounted with a standard screw in drywall with no stud or drywall screws, etc.

For those looking into getting Energy speakers, or upgrading their current Energy setup, here are some reviews I've written that may help:
  (haven't updated in a while, but include Energy Take Classic 5.1, RC-10, CF-70, and CC-10)

post #31602 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

+1x2! Lol. I am totally on par with your experience.

Well, I think it is a smart move for a mfr to request a 50hr break-in period as it would prevent people from returning the speakers after a few hours of listening. Honestly, I was pretty sure I was going to return the RC-10s after the first few hours of listening. After putting over 20-30 hours through them, I am happily changing my mind . I too notice more detail and resolution after some "break-in". I thought vocals were subdued initially, but that is improving as well.

Yeah the RC speakers in general sound much better after breaking in. The RC-LCR was the most noticeable to me. When I first hooked it up it sounded like the CC-10, and then now that I have played loads of hours on it, the sound is crystal clear, and absolutely wonderful.

post #31603 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macstatic View Post

Wall fishing? I have mine mounted with a standard screw in drywall with no stud or drywall screws, etc.

Wall fishing = pulling sires through the walls.

EDIT: Wires!
post #31604 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

It may seem hard, but its pretty easy. It may take you a couple hours to do, but this may help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwXAWsp9wps

Life is hard, be harder.
post #31605 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 10:32 AM

^^^5seonds means "wires"
post #31606 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:

Do you mean fishing the wire through the wall so it's not hanging down the wall? That's one of my favorite things to do. So much fun. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemanfl View Post

details here

Heres my setup now

front rc 70
center rc lcr
rear cr 10
heights cc mini

Haha, thanks for posting this. I just bought one of those on the 20th for $250 and I called in to ask if they can do anything for me. They're going to give me a newegg giftcard for the difference, as a one time courtesy. You just saved me $30, Thank You!!!

Moo.
post #31607 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:

^^^5seonds means "wires"

Yes! Sorry
post #31608 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

post #31609 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints View Post

It may seem hard, but its pretty easy. It may take you a couple hours to do, but this may help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwXAWsp9wps

So basically, you need to cut a hole in the wall at every stud you need to go through...... that sounds like a good time....
post #31610 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 295
audioholics review this two speakers, you guys think the new aperion verus grand are better in sound than energy veritas 6.3 or rc-70s?the aperion verus grand is been awarded in many magazines with great scores.
LL

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds/Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos play:1 for bedrooms,kitchen,bathroom/Master bedroom Sonos sound bar/Sonos sub and Sonos play 1 surrounds.
post #31611 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 11:48 AM

Art the end of the day it's up to you. I have the 6.3's and love them but my perception of sound will be different from yours. Does anyone know if the V 5.2c is worth the $850 price tag? I look for guidance out reviews but can't find any. Suggestions please?
post #31612 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper_1 View Post

thanks dude.

Good Luck!

Here are some older manuals from Energy

post #31613 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryCowboy View Post

I check out Kijiji for the first time this week and there was lots of local newer and vintage Energy speakers around.

It has treated me very well over the years. I buy everything off of there, even my car. I'm a bit of a chronic, but I do get amazing deals.

post #31614 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

I find fishing wires to be quite easy, as long as you have the tools to do it. The biggest trouble I had was when there was no vapour barrier where I was fishing. That being said, it was all still very easy in my setup.
Caper_1 has experience with his more complicated situation from what I remember, sounds like the same kind of thing.

post #31615 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

audioholics review this two speakers, you guys think the new aperion verus grand are better in sound than energy veritas 6.3 or rc-70s?the aperion verus grand is been awarded in many magazines with great scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclif77 View Post

Art the end of the day it's up to you. I have the 6.3's and love them but my perception of sound will be different from yours. Does anyone know if the V 5.2c is worth the $850 price tag? I look for guidance out reviews but can't find any. Suggestions please?

Without hearing all of them it is impossible to make an informed judgement. Reviews are good for a basic starting point, but not much else. Personally I don't really trust a lot of reviews because they may be motivated by other things besides the truth.
I can't say about the value of the V5.2C $850 price tag, are you able to easily afford it? You are sort of locked in if you want it to match your towers though.

post #31616 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints View Post

I just wanted to point out that the video doesn't really put any importance on covering up the ends of the cable that is being fished through. At the start and the middle of the video they don't bother to cover and tape them up, but this is very important to do. You could end up wrecking your cables if you don't. Good luck!

post #31617 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 12:38 PM

Hey Energy Enthusiasts, does anyone have experience with V5.2 c? I want so it can match my 6.3's but it's $850!!!!! No reviews and I'm not sure if it's worth it. Suggestions please.
post #31618 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Hey Energy Enthusiasts, does anyone have experience with V5.2 c? I want so it can match my 6.3's but it's $850!!!!! No reviews and I'm not sure if it's worth it. Suggestions please.

Hank responded to you the first time you asked this question^^^two posts above.

I've never heard a V5.2c or for that matter, the 6.3s. I'm assuming you were willing to pay around $1,500/piece for the 6.3sdo you think they were worth it? If so, I'd say it'd be worth it to get the V5.2c to match your 6.3s since you should have a matching front soundstage.
post #31619 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have only heard the V center in store but own V6.3 and run the RC-LCR. The LCR matches well to the 6.3s or at least as well as they did to the RC-70s. That may be an option for you. I paid $750 for the LCR (much less now) so I don't think $850 is a huge price with the superior/matching finish. Here I would have to pay $1000.00 to get the 5.2c so just use my black lcr with my rosenut 6.3s.

Just to clarify unlike the 5.2 the LCR is a three way center using two inverted dome tweeters for mid range. So it is not an exact match even to the RC-70 but you gain better clarity and on pans like at the begining of transformers titles it sounds natural and matched.

My review comparisons of Energy RC-70s to Veritas V6.3
post #31620 of 52431 Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 PM

Thanks guys....i only paid 1900 for the towers, got a great deal on them and sorry for the repost, I post through the android app and it didn't update. The 850 is steep, I would rather upgrade something else. I just want a matching set, being picky. I have a KEF iq6 center and it sound completely different!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page