post #33361 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDE View Post

So would you say all considered, the uplift in price for Veritas not worth it?

There is only CalgaryCowboy and maybe one other frequent member here that has owned both the RC-70's and the Veritas 6.3.
I own the RC-70's and have heard the 6.3's, and maybe another one or two members here have that experience so far.
Take all other comments for what they are worth.
I'd PM CalgaryCowboy if he doesn't respond here.

Here are some older manuals from Energy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33362 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnom View Post

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has done any comparisons between the RC 70 and the Veritas V-6.3 towers. i am going to purchase one of these but not too sure which way to go.Would be gratefull for any opinions.
Thanks

Welcome to Energy
Great decision to have narrowed your choices down to the RC-70's or Veritas. You are already the envy of many others that would love to have either models. Well done and awesome taste in my opinion.
As I mentioned in the last post, one of your only concrete advisors on the question will be CalgaryCowboy. I would definitely try to ask him before forming any kind of useful opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33363 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Mardukous View Post

There is only CalgaryCowboy and maybe one other frequent member here that has owned both the RC-70's and the Veritas 6.3.
I own the RC-70's and have heard the 6.3's, and maybe another one or two members here have that experience so far.
Take all other comments for what they are worth.
I'd PM CalgaryCowboy if he doesn't respond here.

Thanks Hank, It is a considerable investment and I'm guessing the RC-70's might be discounted greater on some special sale before the V6.3. The further apart the price points are, the more difficult the decision becomes. It would be disappointing to learn down the road that the newer line is not the equal to the older generation. Not having anyone local (that I've found) having both to compare to, makes it even a riskier investment. I'm pretty much making a upgrade decision by the high praise from the members here on this forum about Energy.

I know this might be sacrilege to some, but I've listened to Paradigm Studio 20's, 60's and 100's (which are too expensive) and they did not wow me to where I needed to save up to buy them. I still use an older paradigm CC350 as my center and I must say that has been a beast.
post #33364 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Hank, It is a considerable investment and I'm guessing the RC-70's might be discounted greater on some special sale before the V6.3. The further apart the price points are, the more difficult the decision becomes. It would be disappointing to learn down the road that the newer line is not the equal to the older generation. Not having anyone local (that I've found) having both to compare to, makes it even a riskier investment. I'm pretty much making a upgrade decision by the high praise from the members here on this forum about Energy.

I know this might be sacrilege to some, but I've listened to Paradigm Studio 20's, 60's and 100's (which are too expensive) and they did not wow me to where I needed to save up to buy them. I still use an older paradigm CC350 as my center and I must say that has been a beast.

No problem, I know that many people come here looking for honest and accurate advice, but they are at the mercy of not being able to know where the information is coming from.
The RC-70's will probably not be discounted much more than what they are already priced at. They are already heavily discounted from MSRP and are worth the price that they are set at now, in my opinion.
The new Veritas are not up to the same high standards as the older Veritas models. I own the Veritas 1.8 and have briefly heard the 6.3's. I was not impressed with the 6.3's for the MSRP.
If you're thinking that the Veritas a new line made by Energy to replace the RC's, this is not the case. RC's have been made since the 1970's and the Veritas have been around since the 1990's. Both models have been revamped over the years.
I have found that Paradigm makes some fantastic sounding speakers, and also most guys won't care if someone mentions other speaker brands or equipment here, so don't hold back.

post #33365 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I agree with what you're saying, with the owners of those speakers having the only concrete say-so to how the speakers sound against each other. I think jasonmichaelh has both as well.

For those looking into getting Energy speakers, or upgrading their current Energy setup, here are some reviews I've written that may help:
  (haven't updated in a while, but include Energy Take Classic 5.1, RC-10, CF-70, and CC-10)

post #33366 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macstatic View Post

Careful how you present those statements, Hank. I completely agree that only those who have owned speakers and heard them side-by-side with specific others (like the RC-70/V6.3) can provide the most accurate comparison, but careful about bashing everyone's credibility. Some of us only mentioned the physical differences and not the sound, and we don't need people waiting til you log on every day to finally receive "credible" advice.

I always try to be very careful. Thanks for the warning Macstatic, but don't worry about me. Only guys that talk about things they don't know about and state them as facts should care about any "bashing" or correcting that might come as a result. And the sound was part of an answer. I know that I wouldn't have cared if someone else wrote a similar post, because it wouldn't concern me for good reasons.

post #33367 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I always try to be very careful. Thanks for the warning Macstatic, but don't worry about me. Only guys that talk about things they don't know about and state them as facts should care about any "bashing" or correcting that might come as a result. And the sound was part of an answer. I know that I wouldn't have cared if someone else wrote a similar post, because it wouldn't concern me for good reasons.

Yeah I hear you. Sorry I decided to edit the message because I felt bad calling you out, especially after reading how you specified that it was the case for the RC-70/V6.3 comparison.

For those looking into getting Energy speakers, or upgrading their current Energy setup, here are some reviews I've written that may help:
  (haven't updated in a while, but include Energy Take Classic 5.1, RC-10, CF-70, and CC-10)

post #33368 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah I hear you. Sorry I decided to edit the message because I felt bad calling you out, especially after reading how you specified that it was the case for the RC-70/V6.3 comparison.

Quote:

Is there a big difference between RC70 and V6.3? The pics on earlier page for V6.3 have a great looking finish. But after reading these threads that the Veritas line came in after Klipsch took over, there is a question on whether Klipsch retained Energy's high standards.

So for those that have or have demo'd, did they keep the same level of quality that everyone raves about for the RC series. I'm curious because if I did (greatly) extend my new purchase budget for front 3 upgrade, I don't want to pay premium for a pretty box if the last generation had better quality.

Between V6.3/V5.2C or RC-70/RCLCR which way would the audiophile lean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnom View Post

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has done any comparisons between the RC 70 and the Veritas V-6.3 towers. i am going to purchase one of these but not too sure which way to go.Would be gratefull for any opinions.
Thanks

No problem.
It wasn't me that initially specified anything. I only responded to the responses towards the two new guys that originally asked the very specific question regarding the RC-70's and Veritas 6.3's. I'm quite happy with the advice I gave them. Man this place is a mess sometimes.

post #33369 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Between V6.3/V5.2C or RC-70/RCLCR which way would the audiophile lean?

I think the audiophile would let his ears decide rather than the opinions of fellow Energy fans. But definitely take those opinions as worth something.

I think it's been mentioned that the new Veritas sound a little more bright than the RC's.
I have the RC-50's, LRC, RC-R and ESW-V10 and am very happy with the set up, even in my poorest of room dimensions and speaker placement.... but I still catch myself wondering about those elusive 70's. I should have splurged a bit more to get them at $400 each last year. Instead I decided on the 50's at $285 each -- which ended up going down to $250 shortly after. I don't regret that price - I do regret not spending $250 more for the 70's but was already pushing my limits with the wife... I don't think you'll regret either the RC's or Veritas for sound. Looks and "name" are another issue, though.
post #33370 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 09:09 AM

Appreciate all the education on the Energy lines. If I'm interpreting some of the replies correctly, it seems like the RC 70's may have the slight edge on sound quality and the V6.3 an edge on the aesthetics. I'm seeing both as being available for purchase at the same $749/ea pricing from different resellers.

If there are no grossly discernible differences in sound quality, I'm leaning towards the V's for the WAF factor. It will be hard to win her over on this expense either way but the cabinet finish and appearance may help on the Veritas. I'm funding it but there is always the arguments of "needs vs. wants" and I'm sure she would prefer I directed those $ towards a different "needs" area.

Still holding out a little longer to see if anyone with both have a compelling recommendation for either line. Thanks for all the knowledge share.
post #33371 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advil_yum View Post

I think the audiophile would let his ears decide rather than the opinions of fellow Energy fans. But definitely take those opinions as worth something.

Guess I should clarify, I'm definitely not an audiophile. It sounds like you and I have similar buyers remorse thinking after a purchase of "what if" I would have bought the next bump up in the model line. Not that you said you were unhappy with what you have. And yes, like you mentioned the WAF is always a consideration.

I am still looking around to see if I can find a local store with both to listen to side-by-side but in the interim I'm leaning on the expertise in this forum to steer me in the right direction. If I have to go to two different stores to hear each separately it might make a difficult comparison but at least I'll know if both were pleasing.
post #33372 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:

Guess I should clarify, I'm definitely not an audiophile. It sounds like you and I have similar buyers remorse thinking after a purchase of "what if" I would have bought the next bump up in the model line. Not that you said you were unhappy with what you have. And yes, like you mentioned the WAF is always a consideration.

I am still looking around to see if I can find a local store with both to listen to side-by-side but in the interim I'm leaning on the expertise in this forum to steer me in the right direction. If I have to go to two different stores to hear each separately it might make a difficult comparison but at least I'll know if both were pleasing.

If you can't find a local store to listen to them, you should indicate where you live and maybe somebody on here lives close by and would let you listen to their RCs or Veritas.
post #33373 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

As requested here are some of my impressions on RC70s to V6.3s. I have to mention that I didn't have both at the same time (one set went out and the new one went in) and added a new amp (emotiva XPA-3) at the same time as the V6.3s.

IMHO the V6.3s are better. Maybe slightly but overall better. To clear up something that has come up the V6.3s are NOT bright, just more so than the RC-70s, also they are not forward sounding , once again just a little more than the RC-70s. The sound from both is very similar and if you only had limited exposure to both you would be hard pressed to pick them out. I find a mix of RC and V series work well in a HT application. The most noticable improvements are imaging, sound stage, and low bass. The fix and finish is considerably better.

For those of you considering both price is a factor. I paid $1250each CND for my RC-70s 4 years ago and got the V6.3s as a warranty replacement. At local prices $1950 CND each I would be hesitant to buy as there are lots of options at that price. I think a good/fair price would be 1300-1400. When I got the RC70 I felt that was a fair price and feel the V6.3 are worth more. You have to decide what the upgrade is worth to you and what you can get the speakers at now. If I had to give advice is if you have the budget for the V6.3s go for it. If you are looking at these because of the sale prices then the RC-70s would be the way to go. In other words if you were looking for speakers in general and had a budget of ~$3000 go for the V series when not compared to the deep discounts of the RC-70s they are worth it. If you looking for speakers because the great price then the RC-70s are for you as they are the better deal.

Below I am going to cut and paste some of my old comments on the V series:

[i]I went from RC-70s t Veritas 6.3s and still have RC10s and LCR and can confirm they do have the Energy sound. They are very similiar sounding to the RC line. Same type of construction in TWeeter and woofer.

To my ears the Veritas sounds as good or better then the RC-70s. I added an external amp at the same time so can't see for sure if improvement is because of that. However there are enough techical improvement in the Veritas to say they are better though I doubt you could tell unless you had them at the same time. The overall quality of construction is quite better. As a single guy I did not have to worry about WAF and got the rosenet that don't match anything else and stick out like a sore thumb but a gorgeous sore thumb.

I have never heard or seen the 5.1 but don't like they have a smaller woofer than the RC-10 and with such a small cabinet how many significant improvement could have been made.

I went from RC-70s t Veritas 6.3s and still have RC10s and LCR and can confirm they do have the Energy sound. They are very similiar sounding to the RC line. Same type of construction in TWeeter and woofer.

To my ears the Veritas sounds as good or better then the RC-70s. I added an external amp at the same time so can't see for sure if improvement is because of that. However there are enough techical improvement in the Veritas to say they are better though I doubt you could tell unless you had them at the same time. The overall quality of construction is quite better. As a single guy I did not have to worry about WAF and got the rosenet that don't match anything else and stick out like a sore thumb but a gorgeous sore thumb.

I have never heard or seen the 5.1 but don't like they have a smaller woofer than the RC-10 and with such a small cabinet how many significant improvement could have been made.

Ok, I was in the same possiton and did take the 6.3s. Have the LCR and 10s. I don't find any mismatch at all to the 6.3s. As far as being brighter that is hard to tell without having them both at the same time. If they are brighter it is slight if at all. Check the audioholic review I linked earlier today. If you run audessey or other correction then I boubt you will hear a difference even if there is any. For movies I have a hard time hearing much of a difference to the 70s. For music in 2ch I hear more of a difference all for the better. Better imaging, soundstage, and deeper tigher bass. I did find I had to play around with spacing and toe in compared to where the 70s were to get the most out of them. I also find I like the 6.3s without any eq better then the 70s which I always ran with eq on. One thing though is that I run a external amp now that I did not with the 70s so some of the improvement might be from that.

It is upto you but I would and did take the upgrade. In my mind it IS an upgrade over the 70s. I also think the 70s looked better with the grills off but the 6.3 finnish is much nicer. If you do get them remember to do the break in as I found a big difference in sound as they loosened up.

Well the worst thing going against the new Veritas line is that the RC can still be found at deep discounts. The RC 70 were $1250 for a long time and the 6.3 at $1650 is not that bad. If you read this review http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...3-introduction it sounds like they are more different then it appears to the RCs. Woofers same sized but not the same woofer as it is heavier. 51/2 mid in the RC 5 1/4 mid in the Veritas. Dimensions are different. Internal structure is quite different with the tweeter and mid range woofer in thier own compartment creating a sealed enviroment. I went from the 70s to the 6.3s and honestly they sound better but as with most incremental improvements it is hard to compare without having both at the same time. When the RCs are gone and we see some decent sales on the Veritas I think people will warm to them. The real downside to the new ones is they have absolutely higher end finish which unfortunately we will have to pay for but have no affect on the quality of sound.

My review comparisons of Energy RC-70s to Veritas V6.3
post #33374 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

well hank sorry if any of the info that I posted is inaccurate, but in my personal opinion thats what i think of the energy rc-70s and veritas 6.3,for me the new veritas are more like a new rc version I cant compare this vertas with any of the old veritas for many reasons.sorry I dont want to cause a trouble with my personal opinion.

Doesn't a good personal opinion consist of some personal experience when someone specifically asks for it?
Not a real productive day here, especially considering how important Rememberance Day is in the whole scheme of things.

post #33375 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

I would say they are either equal or slight sound edge to the V6.3s not the other way around.

Quote:

Appreciate all the education on the Energy lines. If I'm interpreting some of the replies correctly, it seems like the RC 70's may have the slight edge on sound quality and the V6.3 an edge on the aesthetics. I'm seeing both as being available for purchase at the same $749/ea pricing from different resellers.

If there are no grossly discernible differences in sound quality, I'm leaning towards the V's for the WAF factor. It will be hard to win her over on this expense either way but the cabinet finish and appearance may help on the Veritas. I'm funding it but there is always the arguments of "needs vs. wants" and I'm sure she would prefer I directed those $ towards a different "needs" area.

Still holding out a little longer to see if anyone with both have a compelling recommendation for either line. Thanks for all the knowledge share.

post #33376 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

"would a rose by any other name not smell as sweet?" or something like that. Anyways I sort of agree with you and is why I call the V series not the other name

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

well hank sorry if any of the info that I posted is inaccurate, but in my personal opinion thats what i think of the energy rc-70s and veritas 6.3,for me the new veritas are more like a new rc version I cant compare this vertas with any of the old veritas for many reasons.sorry I dont want to cause a trouble with my personal opinion.

post #33377 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 09:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 391
HammerDE,

are you in the USA or somewhere else? Vanns will have the RC-70 for $599 and they are supposed to get the inventory in stock on 11/15 which is Tuesday. I dunno if the price difference matters to you or not.

Of course the gloss Rosenut on the V series is really sweet and you can't find RC-70s in rosenut anymore.

Afro GT
post #33378 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryCowboy View Post

Thank You Calgary! This is exactly what was needed. Thanks for the effort and time!

post #33379 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 10:00 AM

Thanks CalgaryCowboy and others for their input. Looks like the $749 price for V6.3 is the way to go since its = to RC-70. Now I'm off to locate and listen before pulling the trigger.
BTW, I'm in Newark, Delaware in case someone wanted to offer a demo. I'll bring the beer (but only if you say its ok ).
post #33380 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

HammerDE,

are you in the USA or somewhere else? Vanns will have the RC-70 for $599 and they are supposed to get the inventory in stock on 11/15 which is Tuesday. I dunno if the price difference matters to you or not.

Of course the gloss Rosenut on the V series is really sweet and you can't find RC-70s in rosenut anymore.

Darn it afrogt, just when I thought I had my mind set . I think for the $150 difference, Calgary's response and the finish on the V, I'll pay the premium uplift but appreciate you looking out for me in the better pricing!
post #33381 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Vanns sale has ended. Could you share where you can get them for $750?

Quote:

Thanks CalgaryCowboy and others for their input. Looks like the $749 price for V6.3 is the way to go since its = to RC-70. Now I'm off to locate and listen before pulling the trigger.
BTW, I'm in Newark, Delaware in case someone wanted to offer a demo. I'll bring the beer (but only if you say its ok ).

post #33382 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 10:14 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooHe0Eejem1 View Post

Can you tell me how the Reference Connoisseur line stacks up to the Veritas line? I have C-9's now and they sound great, but now that I am moving into a dedicated theater, I want to move up a little, can you tell me how big of a leap is the reference is to the original Connoisseur and also how big is the leap from the Connoisseur to the veritas line? Thanks

Well I have owned both the C9s and the RC70s at the same time and did A/B them. The sound is quite similar, the C9s are just a touch livelier. The C9s had larger cabinets and I believe this was beneficial, but the front port may have helped too. The big difference is cosmetics the 70s have real wood veneers, at least better looking kevlar drivers, and gold biamp binding posts.

The new Veritas 6.3, I havent owned nor listened to, I did check them out at Future Shop. I will be honest, I wasnt that impressed. They are gloss black and Rosenut (strawberry)...in reference to the ebay chocolate 70s) is available. To each his own but I prefer the seperate trim rings on the mid and tweeter of the 70s as compared to the all in one trim ring on the 6.3s. The 6.3s look at little cleaner on the front as the magnet grill studs are hidden. I actually like seeing the stud things on the 70s as I prefer the more industrial look. One more thing, I prefer the gold binding posts of the 70s vs the silver posts on the 6.3s. The RCs have a true 3 way center speaker compared to the new Veritas 2 !/2 way or whatever they call it. Oh ya I almost forgot the cabinet on the 6.3s is not quite as deep.
Now there is another factor to consider, when I checked out the 6.3s they were priced at $1900 each in Canada. I paid $1200 for the pair of 70s. So did that make a difference, totally. Now if I had to do it all over and the 70s were $1200 for the pair and the 6.3s were $1600 for the pair, I might own 6.3s today. Even with the now cheaper Veritas prices or sales, the price difference is still going to ad up on a 5.1 or 7.1 system purchase.
Maybe someday when the Veritas are being blown out I will get a new system and pass the RCs down to my son, just like I did with my C9 system.

So to answer your question about the step ups in the series, look and sound preference is really subjective. You may want to check the different series out in person. You might just love the new Veritas.
I hope I didnt piss to many people off about my Veritas comments, but for me now I like my RCs and wont be parting with them any time soon.

Yamaha RX-A3000, Oppo 95, Emotiva IPS-1, Emotiva RPA-1, Energy Veritas 1.8s, RC70s, LCR, RCRs, RC10s, Energy S12.3, Velodyne SPL-1200R
post #33383 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:

Vanns sale has ended. Could you share where you can get them for $750?

Calgary, I searched on Amazon and saw it listed by HIDEF Lifestyle.
post #33384 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

I agree that getting rid of RCs to get V series is not worth it. Now adding or starting for scratch is another question. Future shop has had the V6.3s at $1250 a couple of times now. Just wish they carred the full line up including the 5.1s

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcman View Post

I hope I didnt piss to many people off about my Veritas comments, but for me now I like my RCs and wont be parting with them any time soon.

post #33385 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 10:42 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:

I agree that getting rid of RCs to get V series is not worth it. Now adding or starting for scratch is another question. Future shop has had the V6.3s at $1250 a couple of times now. Just wish they carred the full line up including the 5.1s

Ya but if I walked into a Future Shop and they were blowing out the 70s at $1200 for the pair and the 6.3s were $1250 each, without a doubt Id be leaving with 70s. On boxing day last year the 70s were only $1000, the trouble was they didnt sell any of the other RCs anymore. There was a guy buying some polks at the time, I tried to tell him to get the 70s, he bought the cheaper polks.
Hey thanks for not taking it the wrong way about the 6.3s. Im sure you love yours and if I didnt have anything for the right price Id be a proud owner.

By the way werent you looking for one of these, I know they ship to Canada
Shipping wouldnt be that much and still alot cheaper than FS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-Verit...item5646f68cd8

Yamaha RX-A3000, Oppo 95, Emotiva IPS-1, Emotiva RPA-1, Energy Veritas 1.8s, RC70s, LCR, RCRs, RC10s, Energy S12.3, Velodyne SPL-1200R
post #33386 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Calgary, I searched on Amazon and saw it listed by HIDEF Lifestyle.

Oh and for the holiday sales Vanns will price match, so you can get the same price at Vanns that way.

post #33387 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Oh and for the holiday sales Vanns will price match, so you can get the same price at Vanns that way.

Also if you buy from HiDef and they sell out then Vanns won't price match as there isn't any more stock at that price haha.
post #33388 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 11:41 AM

yep - I called Vanns and they priced matched my V-6.3s against the HIDEF Lifestyle on Amazon. They did the same for my V-5.2-C. I've had the Veritas for a few days now and I'm still blown away. I'm eager everyday to get home from work to listen to them. I think Calgary summed it up very well in his comparison. If you are starting from scratch and have the budget, go for the V-6.3s...they're stunning in every which way. If you already have the RC-70s, then I think the upgrade would still be an improvement, but it would be less of a jump sound wise and more of a jump aesthetically...but an upgrade in both nonetheless.
post #33389 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
IMO, the Veritas 6.3 makes a better dual purpose speaker than the RC-70.

IMO, for music in Direct Mode (no EQ) the 6.3's just sounded better. They are less congested in the bass/mid-bass and I like the flat response in the top-end vs the 70's roll-off.

IMO, for HT, maybe treble roll-off favors the RC-70 (because of bright soundtracks), but with all the calibration features and options available on AVR's (like Denon Cinema EQ to soften treble), the slight lead of the RC-70 comes out to a wash.

That being said, I do feel very forunate to have the Veritas 1.8 for dedicated music listening, and am very very happy with my RC-70 setup for HT. If I could only have one set of speakers, and didn't already have one or the other, I would definetely go for the Veritas 6.3's (considering price at $1200 for black ash RC-70 and $1600 for Rosenut 6.3). The only question is whether I would use an RC-LCR or a 5.2 for the center!
post #33390 of 52522 Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

No problems man! I'm more than happy to spread the good word to fellow members here. I was kind of worried when I didn't see you posting for a bit. I thought that either something happened to you, or that you got a defective set of speakers or that you paired them up with a garbage receiver and hated the sound. I'm glad it was none of the above
Enjoy them dude, but remember that they are not "club loud" speakers. They will not sound loud ever, until they are pushed beyond the amp or their abilities, but once bad things happen, it will become very expensive, very quickly.To put it in perspective, the RC-70's will sound loud waaaay before your Veritas will, because of the 70's limits.
Also, the more space that you can give these 1.8's the better, play around and fall in love. Congrats on the last and best set of speakers you should ever need

I'm pretty sure that is the truth: the last and best set of speakers I will ever need. My GF is so happy my hunting is over, or at least lessened

I've got 4' to the back wall, almost 4' to the side walls, and they are 7.5' apart. The room they are in is at least 3000cf, with an adjoining dining room half as much as that.

I think I get what you mean about not sounding loud: they sure can put out alot of SPL, but it's so clear they still do not sound loud?

Now if I could just find these puppies in walnut
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page